Truth

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sequel for Lie. Too much drama and angst with this one though.

 

 

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There was only one person who didn't ask for anything more in Jennie's life. Jennie thought that she would never be interested in boys. Why should she, when she knew and believed that girls are better? It wasn't expected. But it was definite in different points in their lives.

 

Kim Hanbin was there. He was silent and calm which made Jennie comfortable. She never felt her heart tighten so much that would cause her to cry out. She never hurt her cheeks for smiling too wide. She never felt her hand sweating because of being held by him.

 

 

It was comfortable. It was safe. It wasn't a risk for her.

 

 

 

She did have someone in her life who gave her much pain. That dark hair girl would forever live in Jennie's mind and heart for everything she felt by just knowing her. She was the one who caused all those heartaches and that suffocating feeling. She would always make her laugh and smile without a care in the world even when she just said or did the most stupid thing. She was afraid to hold her hand, let alone her gaze, for the fear that the girl would know what she's been hiding.

 

 

 

"Yes. I did."

 

 

 

A lie.

 

 

Again.

 

 

Just like last time.

 

 

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

"We are not friends with benefits so don't ever say that again."

 

 

The brunette slammed this girl, who called her friend even though she doesn't consider her, as soon as they were in the alleyway.

 

 

"Ooh touchy! Why? Girl, do you actually like her?"

 

"You don't know me well and you don't know her. What's between us is between us. Don't ever come near me again, you ."

 

 

She started walking away before she had the urge to do something worse.

 

 

"I know you well enough to know that you can't be with her. Come on, Jennie. You're basically the epitome of the worst kind of person in our age."

 

"Shut up."

 

"I pity her. Loving you is the worst punishment one will receive. After all..." The other girl walked closer to the immobile brunette. "You destroy and ruin the lives of the people who loves you. Have you forgotten what happened to your family?"

 

 

Jennie was speechless and she knew it was plain wrong to listen more. But her past came back. How much she hated her father and ran away, only causing him to be depressed and lose everything he worked hard for, for her. How she drove her mom to madness because of disappearing into thin air. How her brother sacrificed his life to keep her away from her wild lifestyle.

 

She wasn't even able to say and show to them what she really felt. She wasn't able to tell them the truth. She never told them how she loves them just as much as they cared about her.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"You love me?"

 

"Can't I?"

 

 

She's been dreaming and wanting for that day to come. But at the same time she's been dreading it. She's been dreading for saying the words she prepared beforehand.

 

She convinced herself that Jisoo was different. She wasn't family but it was true. She had that one thing in common with them now.

 

 

She loves her.

 

 

She forced herself to be covered in the mask that wouldn't let people know the what's supposed to be kept away in a box and never be unlocked. It hurts her as she saw Jisoo on her breaking point already. She hated it more than her wrecked life. 

 

 

"You can't fall in love with me. I can't love you. You don't deserve me."

 

 

 

Please stop looking at me with those eyes. Stop pleading me to tell you that I'm wrong.

 

 

I already know that I am.

 

 

I've been wishing for you to fall in love with me. I can love you. I already have before we even became friends.

 

You were there to protect me from the rain that felt like stones on my back even when you didn't know me. A piece of cloth would do but you lent me your shoulder to catch those messy tears. Your arms were always there to make me feel the love I've long forgotten.

 

You don't deserve me. You're the only good thing in this goddamn world. You always say that angels exist and that I am one of them.

 

I only nodded my head but you forget one word about angels which also exist.

 

 

Fallen angels.

 

 

My burden isn't yours to carry. I wouldn't drag you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter