Confession

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two girls sat together waiting for their dates to come. They planned to go on a double date and were inside the cafe. The younger one was texting her lover while the other one was just playing games. The blonde girl sighed but kept a smile on her face when she read that Chaeyoung was stuck in traffic.

 

"Shouldn't you be checking up on your girlfriend instead of playing games?"

 

"Even if I did, I already know what she's doing. It wouldn't change much." She played with her tongue slightly sticking out. Something that Lisa knew she does when she's too focus. "She's either on her way or picking which branded clothes she'll use or is just in the shower or... Probably still buried in her covers."

 

Lisa shook her head at how it seems like nothing to Jisoo now. "Does she usually make you wait this long?"

 

"I'm used to waiting on people. Jennie just happened to be faster than anyone else."

 

Lisa squinted her eyes. "Okay... Unnie, that seems ironic. Seeing she isn't here yet and you're stuck with me."

 

"She's faster than you though." Jisoo looked up and exchanged meaningful gazes with her.

 

"That she was." She replied to her.

 

They share a small yet painful smile. After what they found out through their recent talk with each other, it was usually happening. Those smiles that hide more than it showed.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ever since you started being friends with her, you always forget me." I whined to my Jisoo unnie.

 

"Aigoooo! This kiddo is so inlove with me!" She pinched my cheeks. "You're the one busy with your little crush on Chaeyoungie."

 

 

At any point, I didn't allow her to know the truth even though sometimes it was already obvious. I denied myself and Jisoo's questions every time she asked me.

 

 

"Do you have a crush on me, Lisa?"

 

 

I would always laugh loudly and shake my head. I kept saying I have a crush on a certain honey blonde haired girl. It's true. The topic would be dropped and Jisoo wouldn't be able to see what I could've conveyed through my eyes...
 

 

 

But you're the one I like.

 


 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

I was rushing through the slippery streets. It was almost dark and raining too. I knew I was late. Jisoo would probably scold me for leaving her alone in this cold rain. The thought of it made me run with all my might. Not even caring to use the umbrella instead of just carrying it.

 

Once I arrived at our meeting place, what I saw put me into a halt. A brunette was lending Jisoo her leather jacket. They quickly took shelter with huge smiles on their faces.

 

The sight bothered me. No. It hurted me. I just want to pull the older girl and take her home. Take her away from Jennie. But I couldn't. Her smile was already from ear to ear. Something that I have to put more effort and humor to happen and something that the brunette could do so effortlessly on Jisoo's face these days.

 

When she rang my phone, I picked it up and stared longingly at the oblivious girl.

 

 

"Where are you?"

 

"I'm near."

 

"Don't lie, Lalisa."

 

I almost blurted out 'I'm not.' But I instead said, "You got me. You're old enough, unnie. You don't need me anymore."

 

 

Those words stung me and it hurted more to think that it doesn't seem much to the black haired girl.

 

 

"Fine. Whatever, Lisa. I'll go home by myself then. And here I thought you're my best friend."

 

 

Best friend. That's what I am. What I'll ever be.

 

 

The girl that I like, hung up and went sulking. It didn't last that long since Jennie was there, uplifting her spirits. What I did was right. Jennie could make her happier. She didn't need me.

 

I walked briskly away from them. I dropped the umbrella somewhere along the way. I wiped my face, blaming the rain for making it so wet.

 

My feet turned to run and when I bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter