Piano

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We will have the recital by next week and-- I know. I know! Calm down. Let's stop with the violent reactions first, can we?"

 

 

The young professor reasoned out to them that their graded performance was already announced since before, meaning that they already have a long time to prepare. The chosen instrument was piano and since not everyone has it as their main thing, others could only shake their heads. Frustrated groans were heard from all over the classroom and there were even some students cursing under their breaths.

 

Jisoo went to look over her seatmate who was still writing down notes diligently. She saw the cute pout forming on the slightly younger girl's face. She bit her bottom lip to prevent the huge smile then she cleared as she leaned closer.

 

 

"Pity it wasn't guitar, right?" The girl met her mischievous eyes. "Chaeyoung-ah?"

 

 

The said girl nodded her head slowly but she still smiled. Jisoo thought it was rather forced.

 

 

"I wonder why it can't be like the violin or flute or--"

 

"You're not good with the piano?" Jisoo's voice was tone higher. Obviously somewhat happy.

 

"No. It's not that I'm not good with it but--"

 

"You don't know how to play it?!"

 

Chaeyoung tilted her head and faced her. "Why do you sound so happy about it?"

 

 

Jisoo opened and was trying for an explanation but the bell rang and now students were packing up and going out. Chaeyoung was fixing her things when Jisoo poked her on the sides.

 

"Ah! Jisoo!" She turned around and the latter just smiled all too innocently as if she didn't even do anything wrong. "Jinja... Why?"

 

"Let's go eat lunch? Then you might want to come over my house." She said as she started walking towards the door.

 

"Why? Are we doing something?"

 

"You're gonna learn something so hurry up and don't be a slowpoke, Chaeyoung-ah!" The other girl was frozen on the spot so Jisoo decided to just hold her hand and pull her along. "I'm gonna teach you how to play the piano."

 

"But... But, Jisoo--"

 

"No buts!"

 

 

She only smiled at the latter and started running down all the chords and right notes in her mind for at least one piece to play.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

The sound of each key being pressed was heard in the whole room of Kim Jisoo. Not in an expert way. She wasn't that bad but... If Chaeyoung was going to rank how good Jisoo is, it'll probably be between novice and average. She stiffled another giggle as the older girl scratched her head for the umpteenth time and looked over the music sheets.

 

 

"Jisoo, we don't really have to do this--"

 

"Shh! Don't you trust me?!"

 

"I trust you but not your piano skills." Jisoo's mouth was left agape as she turned to Chaeyoung who started giggling by then. "Just kidding. It just seems like you're having a lot of trouble."

 

"Damn this piano." She muttered under her breath which elicited an even louder giggle from Chaeyoung. "I swear I can do it just fine the other day! I was playing as if I was a love child of Beethoven and Mozart."

 

"Yikes that would be the scandal of the century if that's true." Chaeyoung covered as she's in deep shock.

 

"It's true and you should start bowing down to me since I'm giving you the privilege to learn from the best." She pointed to her and the latter bursted in fits of laughter. She did the same but when the brown haired girl was far from stopping, she just stared at her. For a long time.

 

"Mianhe. It's just too funny." She wiped the tears on her eyes then stared back at Jisoo.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter