Sleepless

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaeyoung-ah... You sleeping?" She heard the door when it opened. She was sure that voice sounded the way it does when their maknae tiptoes towards her bed. "Chaeyoungie..."

 

 

She just wasn't sure if she wants to entertain Lisa when she's been asleep for almost a minute.

 

 

"You're really asleep?" It was said in a disappointed voice that made the brunette feel guilty for not immediately replying. "Chaeyoungieee..."

 

"What..? Lisa, jinja jinja jinjaaa..." She tried not to make her voice louder or it'll be a cue for the latter to speak louder too. And Chaeyoung can't really have that or she'll end up being sleepless. "It's really late. What is it?"

 

"I have a problem." She opened her eyes and adjusted them in the darkness as Lisa put out a pout.

 

"Oh god... Please don't tell me Leo pooped on your bed again."

 

 

Chaeyoung heard giggles and her bed dipped as the latter's weight added up to it. It eventually meant for her to move and make space for Lisa. Not that she minded though. They've done this and shared personal space a couple of times.

 

 

"He's a naughty boy." Her thoughts went back to the last vlive they had together and how Lisa was acting disgustingly cute. It didn't stop putting a wide smile on her sleepy face though. "But no. It's not him."

 

 

She felt the slightly younger girl's arms around her and it made her warm. Sure, they'd fight and start pushing and pulling each other or even shouting at each other during the day but cuddles were almost what they're used to when put together at nights. It's practically like their very own tradition.

 

 

Lisa was a lot closer as she nuzzled her face on the other girl's neck. "Lisa... I'm trying to sleep here."

 

"Me too. Don't you know I've been sleepless these days?"

 

 

Chaeyoung thinks it was because of their comeback preparation and stuff. They were too busy and everything and it felt as if it was a countdown again before their debut. It was nice to see fans hyping them up but sometimes it doesn't help that they were being loud about it. It was making the four of them excited but at the same time, it makes them nervous and a little scared.

 

There were too many expectations. Even she's an optimist or even if they all prepare well, they were still terrified. Sometimes it felt like she has a huge fishbone stuck in or she has eaten too much and got a stomach ache or that she has that bride's cold feet before proceeding to the altar. And she wasn't even to marry someone let alone has she dated anyone.

 

But it was different with Lisa. It was different for Jisoo. It was also different for Jennie. They might all feel the same at one point as a group but there are certain burdens they have to carry on their own.

 

 

"Just what were you doing again?" She caressed her best friend's hair.

 

 

It saddens her every time she touched it. The first time they met, Lisa's hair was still quite healthy. Now that they've debuted and she's basically the one whose hair was being dyed in different shades of color, it was already quite damaged. Though it still felt good to run her fingers through those knots that Lisa didn't notice as the girl was only focused on fixing her bangs the whole time.

 

 

"Just this and that. You know, I think Jisoo unnie is right." She let out a deep breath that tickled Chaeyoung. "It's fun lurking online. But it's tiring. It's really tiring."

 

 

And when she said that... Chaeyoung wanted to cry. Or she actually did. She wants to scold herself for being emotional but it's something that she can't help but do so. Tears were falling out of her eyes and it was on that exact same moment when Lisa pulled away to stare at her.

 

 

"Why are you crying?! Yah Chaeyoung-ah!"

 

"It's... your fault..."

 

"Why? Why why why?! Why is this my fault?" She wiped the crying girl's cheeks and even bursted out laughing. "Yah stop it. Why are you crying?"

 

"Because--!" She just outr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter