Happy

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember the first time we met.
The first time I ever saw you looking at me with those wide curious eyes as if you've seen a whole new creature. It was weird.

 

But I gained a new friend. Then you gave me a huge smile with a tint of pink on your cheeks.

 

 

 

 

I remember when we became the best of friends. We would tell each other of fairy tales and prince charmings and flowers. You told me I'm like a sunflower because I can lighten up your day like the sun. I said you're a rose. You asked me why and I'd tell you because that's your name. You'd pout and I still won't give in. It was cute.

 

But I said you're my rose. My rose in comparison to the rose of the Little Prince. Then you gave me a shy smile with a blush forming on your cheeks.

 

 


 

I remember the days when you became jealous because I got closer with other girls. You said that I was close into forgetting you and replacing you. I, in turn, would tell you that we're all friends so why would you even feel that way? You said too many explanations and I laughed. It was funny.

 

But you said the words that made my heart skip a beat. "You're mine." Then I'm pretty sure that I was the one smiling with my face flushed.

 

 

 

 

I remember the first time you smiled all too wide when he confessed to you and asked you out. You told me he said he likes you and that your heart tightened too much and you can't breath. You asked me if I ever felt that way and I said yes. It was love.

 

But I didn't say that it was a heartache because of you. How could I when your smiles reach your eyes with your face so hot? How could I say that... When I love you but I'm not the one you like?
I smiled at you and I never thought it would hurt this much to do so.

 

 

"I'm happy for you."

 

 


 

I remember that day when we moved in together. We have the same dorm and we can easily share the same room. Years of being together allow us to get used to each other so much. We talked for hours and slept on one bed that night. Being together with you felt so easy and nice. It was good.

 

But as I held you in my arms, it felt horrible. Because by then, I would realize that you're not mine to keep yet you're still this agonizingly close to me.

 

 


 

I remember going around and dating other people. Some felt so wrong and others felt just right. I love them in different ways but more wasn't something I can give them. It was obvious.

 

But you said that I'll find that one soon enough and I hoped that you'll somehow think that you're that one. Then you gave me a smile and blushed... As you answered your phone and talked to him.

 

 

 

 

I remember when you cried your heart out. When you feel so wronged and life feels so unfair. I might have felt some comfort and a little happiness. It was confusing.

 

But your heart was in pieces and all I could do was hug you tight and try not to cry for seeing you hurt. Then I told you... "I'm here for you." And I know the words on the tip of your tongue.

 

"Thank you, Lisa. You're really a great friend."

 

I can almost hear my heart breaking in pieces as I let tears fall from my face the same with you. My heart broken similarly to yours.

 

 

 

 

I remember those days when we're both happy living a single life and taking up each other's time too much. Sure we have little crushes here and there but I didn't pay that much attention to yours. Mine wasn't that important too. We were so contented and happy. It was carefree.

 

But you said that I was the most important person in your life and that you love me so much. Then I hid my face so you wouldn't see my red face and my widest smile.

 



 

I remember that night when I've prepared everything for telling you what I've been keeping to myself deep inside. I promised myself that I would confess once I got promoted. I remember cooking and serving food on the table like there was a feast. I remember feeling all jittery and nervous the whole time. You came home and I welcome you into my arms. You were in a good mood and I decided to ask you first as to how your day went. You are more important than me, after all.

 

 

"Seungyoon... He... He feels the same!! My office crush, the one I've been telling you about, actually likes me back! He wants me to be his girlfriend, Lisa!!!"

 

Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter