Wrong

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've never been in a relationship."

 

"Okay. That's bogus." The brunette's smirk settled on the rim of her cup. The bittersweet liquid buds and she liked it just fine.

 

"It's true! I'm what you call NBSB." Jennie raised her eyebrows at her. The younger girl had to remind herself that was probably just a thing the latter would laugh about. "Or even girlfriend. Never had those."

 

"You're missing out a lot, young lady."

 

"It's obvious anyway." Chaeyoung fiddled with her fingers. "Everyone's prettier than me."

 

"Thanks. I know I'm prettier than you."

 

 

Chaeyoung wanted to retort but how could she? How could she do that when that charming smile was brought out in the open? Clearly, everyone's been misinformed when they said that the sun was gazillion meters away. It's shining right upon her eyes now.

 

 

The other brunette just sighed. "See?"

 

"But have you looked at yourself in the mirror?"

 

"Why? Because there's a dirt in my face?" She rolled her eyes and started thinking that maybe going back inside the noisy college party would be better.

 

"You know the fact that you're talented and little miss perfect got me thinking if you're missing out in some places." She took another gulp and a sly smile formed. "Guess I'm right."

 

"Really...? And? How's that going for you?" She wanted the conversation to drop but there's something about this black sheep that makes her want to stick with her.

 

"You're scared."

 

"Of what? Of being in love?"

 

"Hmm." Jennie nodded and luxuriously drank from her cup again.

 

"Now, you're bogus."

 

She leaned in, enough for the younger one's nose to be infiltrated by the sweet scent with the hint of alcohol. "Am I?"

 

 

If there was anything Chaeyoung wanted for herself in the world, it would be love. She had given it melodies on her sheets, brought it to life and color on blank canvas, written artful stanzas and rhyming schemes for all of it. People found beauty and true emotions in it too many times that others inferred she had much experience in life to choose from.

 

 

"You're wrong. You're scared, Roseanne. If not afraid." She whispered against her ears before finally walking past the stunned girl.

 

"You don't know anything about me."

 

"Don't I?" Jennie walked backwards with a teasing smile playing on her lips.

 

 

It was soon after that that the unexpected company disappeared into the life of the party, leaving Chaeyoung with no choice. As much as she wanted to talk back, she couldn't. As much as she wanted to deny it, it may be futile.

 

 

 

Because guesses or not... Jennie Kim might actually get her right unlike others.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you so upfront in proving you know so much about like and love?"

 

"Because I do." Chaeyoung continued her bored doodling on her pad. It was another work of art no doubt. She would've smiled at her work but the suave voice kept the smile at bay. "I know about it and I'm right."

 

"Listening to love problems and acting like a shrink don't guarantee you the experience."

 

"You don't have to feel everything to know it."

 

"Then why are you so determined to show off?" The smirk was teasing her again.

 

"I'm not a show off." She replied with a scoff. "I'm not forcing my perspective on anyone. Besides, I don't really care. People can do whatever they want and I wouldn't care."

 

"Why are you being defensive?"

 

"Why are you being an ?"

 

 

Jennie and Chaeyoung locked gazes, sparks meeting in the middle. Both intense yet still unknown if the same intention was being lashed out. One still tugging her lips up while the other was trying not to frown too much.

 

 

"Because I can, missy. And to be frank... I don't think you hate it." Jennie let out that kilowatt smile and instead of becoming irritated with her, it was like an automatic mechanism for Chaeyoung to put the same one on her lips. "See? There you go."

 

"Were you aiming for a smile?" The brunette chuckled softly and continued doodling. A hand placed itself on the paper and demanded attention.

 

"Maybe." She glanced up again to see mirth written all over those brown orbs. "The target's your heart though. Did I at least succeed?"

 

 

It was probably a bad attempt at flirting but being inexperienced, Chaeyoung should have only thought of it as greasy. But she just didn't know what it was about Jennie that makes her curious, nervous and tongue tied up. Like her replies weren't good enough or the signals were too low, it was lagging her.

 

 

"You wouldn't really want me to take that in a wrong way, do you?" If anyone was able to see them, they might comment how flirtatious the two girls act towards each other. Chaeyoung glanced at their touching skins and tried an easy smile. "You're that touchy?"

 

"Guess you don't know, huh?"

 

 

Jennie leaned in with a blink of an eye and before Chaeyoung could pull back let alone react, their lips met. Softness and gentleness teasing hers were enough reason for her to feel uncomfortable and jittery on her seat yet she didn't pull back. Even if it was a kiss she never had experience of, she wasn't exactly saving it up for a later time either. Chaeyoung didn't close her eyes so she can see how long the latter's eyelashes were, how pretty she is even with her eyes close and how soft her skin is against her own. She didn't feel anything in that instant but her nerves did tell one thing.

 

 

 

It was addictive.

 

 

 

Like a pack of sweet candies you can't help but want and have more. Like the taste of a delicacy dripping on your lips that makes you want to make it all covered up from corner to corner. Like the urge for water to calm your thirst was the exact same thing you'd receive when indulging yourself into that moist lips.

 

"Skinship's the best thing ever. Especially with this one." Jennie allowed her thumb to graze on those lips and even erasing the smudge of color she caused upon the girl's delicate lips. "I'd say you like it but I might be wrong."

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"That's a great artwork." A deep voice spoke right behind the busy girl.

 

 

She was almost finished in painting her portrait yet the face remain blank. The shape and curves were enough for Chaeyoung to realize who it was before she can even think how her expert fingers moved. No one can tell though but becoming closer to that brunette as days pass makes her imaginations run wild.

 

 

"Thanks. I've just been experimenting." She glanced to see Mingyu, her colleague, tilting his head with those amused eyes as if the urge to click his camera was coming to a close. "It's not done but you can take a photo if you want to."

 

"That's like someone taking photos I've captured without me adding final touches." He graciously granted her a smile which would've made girls dropped dead with their hearts stolen by the guy. They locked gazes and warm and safe were all Chaeyoung felt with him. "It's like an invasion of property."

 

Chaeyoung returned her eyes on the artwork and her gaze softened. As if in trance, she traced her fingers and felt the mild she exquisitely put on the canvas. "She's not really mine th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter