Girlfriend

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa and Jisoo have been best friends as far as they could both remember. They did everything together. Eating, playing, pranking other people or even each other. Sometimes they fight but they're the kind of friends who'll stop talking for like five minutes then it's all back to being the noisy pair of girls enough to be considered as boisterous as boys.

 

It was a normal day when it happened. It was a normal day when they were both on their way to school and they were stopped on their tracks. It was a normal day for Jisoo and Lisa but it was different to the both of them.

 

In the new aesthetic and majestic house in their neighborhood, they saw this girl who caught their eyes at first sight. Judging from how she carried herself with such expensive looking clothes and poise, they both could tell that she was probably one of those girls. The spoiled rich ones who are heirs to their families. They seemed to be already moving in but instead of actually helping, the young girl was only playing with a well taken care brown pomeranian.

 

 

"Seems like another star in wilderness, unnie." Lisa nudged Jisoo and the latter shook her head.

 

"It's weird that we found a new pretty girl today but it gets weirder every time you drop comments like that."

 

"But it's trueee!! She looks like that badass rich spoiled brat."

 

"Yeah sure and you're being too loud. Why don't you say that straight to her face?"

 

 

They proceeded in walking again and were already bickering again until a voice behind them spoke up.

 

 

"Um... Hey!" They both turned their heads so fast at the sound of the velvety voice and at the sight of the brunette catching up to them. "Hi!"

 

 

She showed a gummy smile and there was like something clicked inside both girls. They can't help but smile back because it was that kind of smile. A smile that you can't help but return.

 

 

"We're new to this neighborhood and I just thought that you should have this." She took out delicacies carefully and prettily packed on a plastic tied with a ribbon. "I hope you like it and please take care of us."

 

 

They received the treat and looked at it with amazement. It's not every day you get free food. They were happy with that and it already seemed like their idea about the girl was on the wrong page.

 

 

"Thank you! Also welcome!!"

 

"We'll eat it well. Woah! This looks like one of those that you buy from high end bakeries."

 

They both replied happily and was rewarded with a shy smile. "But it probably won't be that good. I baked it."

 

"These two toned macarons?" Lisa widened her eyes.

 

"Yeah."

 

"It's really cute!! Chocolate and strawberries too!"

 

 

Lisa was even louder than she usually is but Jisoo wasn't one acting up too. She was outright staring at the girl with a smile. It would have looked creepy on anyone but fortunately... She's a beauty herself that her eyes following you seem more like a prize than a threat.

 

 

"I don't know if you're planning on saying it but... The name's Kim Jisoo by the way."

 

"Oh right!" She giggled like a child and Lisa can't help herself but go aww at her. "It's Jennie Kim."

 

 

Their eyes met and Jisoo swore that moment she could stare at her forever. The contact was soon intterrupted when Lisa spoke loudly. Like how she usually is.

 

 

"I'm Lalisa Manoban but you can call me Lisa!"

 

"Jolisa."

 

Jennie tilted her head with amusement at what Jisoo said. "Jolisa? You can cook too? Woah."

 

"Not really but I try. My dad's a reowned chef." They were talking and Jennie's attention was already caught up by the other brunette. "I sometimes try stuff but it's never as good as him."

 

"Cooking's a great hobby really. I could do it all day but..."

 

"It's a hassle preparing and cleaning up?"

 

"Yeah! My thoughts exactly!"

 

 

They both laughed while Jisoo, who has never tried cooking because of such disaster in the kitchen or her parents scolding her, can't relate to them and there was already a need for attention from the girl, stirring up inside of her. She tried to laugh it off a little bit and when Lisa wasn't about to stop running , she hit her on the . It's all a bestfriend's thing for them though.

 

 

"Yah Nalalisa. Time to go or we'll be late again."

 

"Nalalisa?" Nope. She doesn't really care about school now when Jennie had her eyes on her again. "Are you a nickname genius?

 

"Yeah and it's the nickname that best fits her."

 

"Ahhh Jisoo-ah!!!"

 

"What? What Jisoo-ah? I'm older than you!"

 

"It doesn't look like it. You're shorter than me!"

 

"Well I'm smarter!"

 

 

They were about to start arguing right then and there, only that Jennie bursted out laughing. She gained the gazes of the two and cleared . She travelled her eyes at both of them and just smiled widely.

 

 

"You two are so cute. I hope we can all be friends."

 

 

It was a normal day for the two girls but it was different this time. It was normal day meeting a girl who wants to be their friend yet it was different. It was different because both of them thought at the same time that...

 

 

They instantly want to be Jennie's girlfriend rather than just being her friend.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"It's over for her. This was supposed to be a paired dance but Seulgi sunbae's absent today."

 

"She's acting all high now but I'm sure she'll make a fool out of herself. She's nothing without her."

 

"The teacher's favorite. Seriously, she isn't that pretty and barely even that good in dancing. I don't get why people praises her."

 

"We could do better than her if she stops stealing all the parts that can be ours and give us some time on the floor too."

 

"Ugh! This really pisses me off. How long do I have to fake around that Lisa? It's really really really a bother!!"

 

 

The girls chatting in the comfort room walked out and went for their performance club room. One of the cubicles' doors opened and the girl they were backstabbing came out. Lisa saw her reflection in the mirror and though she has her intuitive about those kind of people, it still hurt her. She blinked rapidly and just distracted herself by washing her hands.

 

She heard another cubicle door opening and hid her face from who she ever was. She was glad she decided to put extensions today since her hair was now covering her face. She doesn't know what the unknown girl was doing but she was standing beside her.

 

She can't help but let out a sniff. She decided it was time to stop fake washing her hands. It was better to go already and act like how she always does to those girls. She shook her hand and suddenly there was a handkerchief reached out to her.

 

 

"Oh I'm good. I can use the hand dryer or tissue. Thanks by the way." She said with her voice almost cracking.

 

"It wasn't meant for you to wipe your hands with it, pabo-yah."

 

 

Lisa turned to the voice she'd know anywhere because she has loved it ever since the first time. She had wide eyes especially when the brunette walked closer to her. Jennie came to a stop and tiptoed in front of her.

 

 

"Since you're too oblivious, I'll do it for you." She gently held Lisa's face and wiped the stray tears. "Why are you even doing these?"

 

Lisa tried a giggle but there was barely any amusement in those brown orbs. "It's just tears. It'll end and go away too, Jennie unnie."

 

"It's not just tears. It's your whole emotion and, believe me, it won't go away that fast." She replied as soon as she finished wiping her face clean. She had an understanding face and it comforted Lisa. It was as if Jennie also experienced those same things. "You shouldn't really waste those emotions on them."

 

Lisa stayed mum until Jennie held her hand and tugged her along. She only followed her as if she was the new student in their school. The brunette led them to her club room.

 

 

"Let's go."

 

"What are we gonna do?"

 

"Well you can't mope around for things people give to you because you rightfully deserve it. You may have greater talent but you work as hard as them. Maybe even harder as them and I won't let them drag you down." She gave a smile and rubbed her hand soothingly. "I won't let you fail this."

 

"How will you do that?"

 

"Well if you haven't realized, Jisoo and I have been watching you practice. I could follow up to most of the routine by now."

 

"You can do that?"

 

She winked at Lisa and smiled confidently. "Just trust me, Manoban."

 

 

Once the auditions were over, hateful members were astounded to not only see Lisa at the top of their weekly rankings but also to witness their moderators asking the substitute dancer, Jennie Kim, to join the club. The two brunettes were all smiles and giggling on the side. They decided to act it out again and congratulate them.

 

 

"Lisa!! Congratulations! Wow! We're happy for you!

 

"You were so great! Omg! I'm so proud of you!"

 

"It's really great to be friends with you! The happiness... Just wow!"

 

 

Lisa didn't know what to say. It's funny how different people act behind you and in front you. She opened to speak yet she wasn't entirely sure what to say.

 

 

Fortunately, someone did know what to say.

 

 

"Thanks but you can stop faking around her now. It's bothering you to do that, right?" Jennie's words cut through the thick facade they were showing. She also has a great smile on her lips. "I'm sure Lisa wouldn't mind.

 

"Why are you saying that?"

 

"She has me now."

 

 

Lisa's always that nice girl. That's the problem with being nice. People abused you for it and she was getting tired of it.

 

She stared at Jennie and smiled. "That sounds great to me."

 

"But, Lisa..."

 

"See you around, girls. Watch out. You don't know when will a cat turn into a tiger."

 

 

She pulled Lisa and out they went from that room and plastic people. They were silent for awhile and Lisa could feel her cheeks heating up because of their entertwined hands. Jennie just kept on walking so she decided to be the one talking first.

 

 

"You know there's a lot choice of words but that seems just..." She trailed off, not wanting to give the wrong word. "Feisty."

 

"You were about to say 'y', weren't you?"

 

"No! I wouldn't dare!"

 

"Really?" They stopped and she smirked at the younger girl. "If you want us to be real friends, you won't act around me."

 

"Fine. It was y but I think it was just perfect."

 

"Well I'm that badass spoiled rich brat, aren't I?"

 

"Who said that? From who did you hear that? Tell me who said that and I'll beat their asses!" She elicited a laugh from Jennie and she did the same.

 

"I heard it from Jisoo."

 

"Ahh jinja!! Jisoo unnie really-- I'll beat her and anyone who says that to you!"

 

"Then please beat yourself. You were the one who said it after all." She formed a O shape with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter