Broken

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll see you guys later." Chaeyoung, my best friend or my sister from another mom, bid us goodbye as she went to her classroom.

 

We're now in college and unlike high school, our group is scattered in different rooms, floors and even buildings. I'm already missing our other friends but we can't really be together all the time like before. At least we had a nice summer since most of us were welcomed in Chaeyoung's house. It's our hang out place and the feeling of crazy and happiness were probably incomparable than other people. Though when I think back on how those days are over... I'm stuck with that unknown emptiness.

 

 

Sad much, right?

 

 

"Come on. Let's go to our room."

 

 

But not really. At least I'm still with this girl until now.

 

 

She tugged and held my hand and I loved the feeling of it. We've held hands a couple of times but my hand's always sweaty and I still feel nervous around her. I looked at her up and down and she did the same.

 

 

"What?"

 

"Did you just gain weight? You look heavier."

 

"YAH!" She slapped me on the arm and we went laughing along. "And you're still ugly!"

 

"Woooow!"

 

"At least you're with someone beautiful like me, Manoban!"

 

 

She let go of my hand as she entered our classroom first. I didn't want her to do that. But I'm used to it. That's PDA and others might say things about us.

 

We're not officially together but we've been acting like that since our 3rd year of high school. Our friends know it. Our past classmates know it. They said we were endgame.

 

 

But now that everything's different already...

 

 

 

It's not like it'll be as easy and all nice like before.

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah you two have to do that! It's a dare!"

 

"They're still so innocent for this, you guys." Chaeyoung spoke up and I can only feel hot when I think about doing the dare. "Let's just make them dance stupidly or something."

 

"Nooo!! We're so used to seeing that." Eun Bi said.

 

"Besides they're not innocent, Chaeyoung-ah! What are you saying? Lisa's even more dirty minded compared to us!"

 

"Yah!!"

 

"Here's the paper! Come on, you two, don't be kill joys!" Hanna handed me the small piece of paper and geez...

 

 

It's really small and thin! It's no wonder if we really ended up kissing on the lips.

 

 

I saw Chaeyoung shook her head and as if telling me 'I tried to stop them.' But she was also all smiles at me. At us.

 

We whined a bit more but to be honest... It was fine for me to do it. I'm also curious. Our friends finally succeeded in making the both of us lean close by pushing our backs.

 

 

"Okay okay okay! We'll do it! Damn it! You'll really make us kiss at this rate!" They laughed as she said that but her eyes were all dead serious as she leaned in.

 

We took a bit more time before we got it right. I got hit by that glasses she wear from time to time, the paper falling again, the two of us ending up laughing but those things don't seem to matter. I can feel her plump lips through the thin sheet of paper and it felt like the air conditioner in our room was breaking down again. Her nose was so close that I was breathing in the warm air she let out through it. Our friends count up to 10.

 

They dragged it for a long time. It was kind of annoying that they were having fun by doing this to the both of us. It was saddening too.

 

But it was nothing compared to the feeling when they finished counting and Jennie finally pulled away and left with the others, leaving me to imagine how it would feel like if the paper wasn't in the way. When it wasn't such a nuisance.

 

 

 

When... We would finally have our first kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

"You're really buying a lot of stuff."

 

"This is nothing compared to everything she has given me." I tried looking for a better design for that sling bag.

 

"You do realize that this is like the fourth time you asked me to accompany you for choosing a birthday present?"

 

"It's just the third." Chaeyoung squinted her eyes at me. "The fourth will be on Tuesday in that other particular shop."

 

She groaned and I laughed at her. "And here I thought you'll be stingy for the rest of you life."

 

"Well it's for her."

 

"Oh for the love of your life?"

 

"Won't you do the same?" She was looking over some clothes which were hung. "Oh right! You don't do that. Boys do that for you but you just reject or friendzone them."

 

"Shut up." She slapped me on the arm and pinched me on the side. I retaliated by poking her side and she surrendered her hands up. "I seriously don't understand why I want you as my sibling before."

 

"Because I'm cute."

 

"Yeah I should really leave."

 

"I'm sorry for making you cringe with my cuteness."

 

"I wonder when will Jennie leave you because of it."

 

I stuck out my tongue. "She won't. She loves me."

 

"Ugh. Damn. Too much of a cheeseball. You are so whipped, Lisa!"

 

 

We went on teasing each other as she helped me choose another thing before finally leaving the shop. I can't wait to give Jennie her present. I'm pretty sure my friends will also help me for preparing for it.

 

 

 

I want everything to be perfect for my girl.

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

"This is boring." Jennie yawned for the umpteenth time and this girlfriend should really get some sleep. "Why let us watch something like this when no one even ing cares?"

 

"Why sleep so late when you were just binge watching some s?"

 

"Game of Thrones is not , babo-ah! Just because you and Chaeyoung prefer some of those usual Kdramas and whatnot..." She yawned again and I felt her head on my shoulder.

 

"The teacher's gonna see then scold you for sleeping, you know."

 

"You're here anyway. Wake me up if they do." She mumbled those words and I smiled at the last sentences. "Actually don't. I don't really care what they think."

 

 

Her hand crept onto mine and she entertwined her fingers in mine. I can feel my heart beating faster than usual.

 

 

"Eww your hand's sweaty."

 

"Wooow." I pulled it back from her and even in the dark auditorium, I can feel her glare. "What?"

 

"Who said you can pull away?" She held onto it again only a bit tighter this time. "Let me sleep. I'm so ing tired."

 

 

I felt her blinking a few times before she finally closed her eyes. She was already fast asleep. I only squeezed back and smiled. I kissed her on her hair and wished she doesn't realized it.

 

 

Because she'll tease me again as to how I'm so head over heels for her.

 

 

Not that I mind though. Honestly.

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

UGLYPRINCESS: did I do something wrong?

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: NO

 

UGLYPRINCESS: ☹
                               why aren't you noisy like usual?

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: IM BUSY WITH

 

UGLYPRINCESS: that project for eng?

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: YES I ING HATE THIS
                               HAVE YOU FINISHED YOURS

 

UGLYPRINCESS: yeah

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: WTF. SMARTASS

 

UGLYPRINCESS: 😂 chaeyoung helped me tho

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: THAT GIRL DONT EVEN REPLY TO ME
                                IM BEING SEENZONED BY HER

 

UGLYPRINCESS: because you're always too noisy
                               you keep chatting with your caps lock on and sending emojis

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: SO YOU GONNA HELP ME OR WHAT

 

UGLYPRINCESS: 😂😂😂 i also don't know really well how

 

 

Seen at 10:47 PM

 

 

UGLYPRINCESS: done already?
                               you have too much time to rant in our gc and twitter
                               you should go to sleep
                               you'll be angry and ugly tom again

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: FITE ME
                               IT'S ONLY 12AM I HAVE LIKE 7 MORE HOURS TO SLEEP


                                
UGLYPRINCESS: 6 actually. you have to wake up by six so you wont be late again

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: THE QUEEN IS NEVER LATE
                               EVERYONE ELSE IS SIMPLY EARLY.

 

UGLYPRINCESS: -______-

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: ;)

 

UGLYPRINCESS: go to sleep jen. you need it.

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: YOU'LL MISS ME THO
                               DONT YOU WANT YOUR PRETTY AND BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING QUEEN JENNIE AROUND

 

UGLYPRINCESS: wtf 😂😂😂

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: SAY WHAT

 

UGLYPRINCESS: HAHAHAHA

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: YOUR MOM WANTS YOU TO SLEEP ALREADY RIGHT

 

UGLYPRINCESS: 😂

CUTEQUEEN 💋: GO TO SLEEP YOU UGLY THING

 

UGLYPRINCESS: WOOOOW BACK TO YOU GIRL

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: 🖕

 

UGLYPRINCESS: good night then. i really need to sleep now.

 

CUTEQUEEN 💋: GOODNIGHT YOU UGLY THING. I LOVE YOU. 😘❤😻🖤

 

UGLYPRINCESS: i love you too ❤❤❤

 

 

 

I replied with a huge smile on my face. I didn't hesitate in replying those words back because I think it's what I really feel for her. Chaeyoung told me that Eun Bi and Janna told her that Jennie was jealous of her for a few things. It was stupid since Chaeyoung and I were nothing but best friends but at least I now know the reason  why.

 

Why she was being distant these days. Why my pm were left seen if not receiving mere cold replies. Why her gazes towards us seem more unfeeling than usual.

 

I texted my best friend before going to sleep.

 

 

 

 

to Chaeyoungie: Yah yah yah

 

from Chaeyoungie: What?
                                   Why are you still awake? You lil kid should be sleeping rn. What's mommy gon say?

 

to Chayoungie:  why are you still awake then?
                             oh right you're studious!

 

from Chaeyoungie: Shut up. Go to sleep, my friend.

 

to Chaeyoungie: i just wanna say thanks
                               you're the best unnie 😘

 

from Chaeyoungie: Unnie? Shouldn't it be noona? You're like my very own baby brother.

 

to Chaeyoungie: YAH!

 

from Chaeyoungie: Jk. I know Lisa. Anything for you. ;)

 

to Chaeyoungie: 😍 i feel so loved

 

from Chaeyoungie: Don't let Jennie read this. She might think we have smth again. 😂

 

to Chaeyoungie: but you're just my sister

 

from Chaeyoungie: Yeah and you don't know how girls think. :P

 

to Chaeyoungie: WOOOOW YOU'RE ALSO GAY DONT KID ME

 

from Chaeyoungie: 😂 I'm straight now. And geez! Just go to sleep. Auntie will ask me again why you stayed up late.

 

to Chaeyoungie: i'll just say it's a project or smth. then i'll say your name and it's all good.

 

from Chaeyoungie: YAH I'M NOT YOUR SCAPEGOAT! GO TO SLEEP BABY BRO!

 

to Chaeyoungie: WOOOW THANK YOU CHAEYOUNGIE! JINJA JJANG! ❤

 

from Chaeyoungie: You don't have to thank me o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter