Heart's Desire

His Beautiful Intruder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

 

For the first time after being in this job, I wanted to rush time. To hurry up in finishing my task but unfortunately, I cannot. I badly needed to have at least a bit of information about that drug lord and it was never easy to hunt him down so I hunt another person instead. It was a man who used to work at his cargo company and according to the latest information I received, that man went to an Islamic country called Phastan so here I am, acting like a local for few days already. Though some women here seems modern already, I dressed up myself with the traditional clothing for women so my face and body was hidden. Only my eyes were shown but I still wore contact lenses so I really looked like a local whenever I saw myself in the mirror.

 

"Jinnah, come here." I looked at Shimah then smiled as I approached her. She's almost on her fifties already but still looking good. She was the contact of my boss here so I am staying at her house and my alias is Jinnah, her niece. She left her husband years ago as he was abusive while her son whom just graduated from college is currently on training to be a military soldier so she technically living on her own. "My informer told me saw that he saw the man you're looking for." Then she mentioned the area.

 

My chest pound hard. "How can I go there?"

 

"You cannot simply just go there especially if you are alone. That place is too dangerous for women."

 

I bite my lower lip. "But I am running out of time."

 

"Your safety is more important. Your grandparents will definitely kill your boss if something happens to you." I sigh. She knew who I really am so she's guarding me very well. This is my first time to be in this country so my boss was probably too worried about me so he revealed my identity to this kind woman. My boss definitely trusted her. Well, she seems really a trustworthy person. "Let's wait for the next report. It's possible that he will leave that place latest tomorrow and will go here in the city. He will be meeting some people."

 

I inhale deeply. "Thank you, Shimah."

 

She smiled as she cupped my face. "I always wonder how it is to have a daughter so I am really glad that you are here. This maybe the first time that we saw each other but I feel like we've known each other for so long already."

 

My face softens then hugged her. "I can be your daughter while I am here."

 

"I am happy to hear that."

 

Later on, she excused herself as she will prepare our dinner then I went to the guest room. While looking to my personal phone, I had this strong urge to turn it on so I could call Jiyong or even just sending him a message but I cannot do that since I am still in the middle of my mission. I missed him already as it's been almost a month since we separately left Paris so he has been in my head constantly after that day.

 

Then a sudden thought entered my mind, should I quit in this job early so I can spend my remaining days of freedom with him? But I quickly discarded that thought as it seems ridiculous. Though I already have deep feelings for him, I will not let these feelings to overpower me since I am not really expecting him to give up everything for me once I told him who I really am. That thought flicks something on my chest but I don't want myself to expect something more from this relationship since I definitely don't know what the future will bring. I only wanted to spend time with him as much as possible. Then I found myself standing up as I heard a loud noise outside so I hurriedly get out of the room and I gasped to see Shimah being strangled by a man. I run towards them and forcedly shove the bastard away from her then shield her from him. "Don't fight with him." There's a fear on her voice as she trembled behind me. Judging her reaction, I could tell that this bastard was her husband.

 

I glared at the bastard. "Leave!"

 

The bastard smirked evilly. "And who the hell are you to tell me that?"

 

Good thing, I followed Shimah's advice to always cover myself with their traditional clothing even I am inside her house. "We will call the police if you will still not leave."

 

The man slowly walks towards us so I ready myself. "Go ahead. You can even call the president." Then he laugh sarcastically when I lifted my arms and geared up, now ready to defend ourselves. "Do you think you can beat me with that body of yours?"

 

My eyes narrowed. "Try me." Then I glanced at Shimah. "Call the police now." She only nodded then hurriedly run away and I glared again at the bastard. "You're a big man and yet you are fighting with women. What that makes you? A bastard."

 

He growled. "!" When he started to attack, I retaliate his every move until I got the chance to hit him between his legs. He growled loudly as he knelt on the floor and if only eyes could kill, I am definitely bathing with my blood now. "Who the hell are you!?"

 

I smirked and before I can answer, I already hear the sirens then I felt Shimah's hands on my shoulders and in few seconds, police officers entered the house then get the bastard. Later on, we fix the damages then after that, we went to the guest room I am occupying and she started to treat my bruises. "Are you okay?"

 

She nodded but tears are visible in her eyes. "How about you?"

 

I chuckled. "I'm perfectly fine." Then I cleared my throat. "That bastard will now rot in jail."

 

She sigh. "I doubt that. In few weeks, he'll definitely be free again."

 

I frowned. "Why? You gave enough evidence to the police."

 

"We are still married in papers." Then she inhale deeply. "Anyway, I need to start searching for a new house as soon possible."

 

Now I am pissed off. "Why he was still your husband?"

 

"He doesn't want to sign the divorce papers. The only thing that will null our marriage if one of us dies."

 

I clenched my fist. Now I am itching to kill that bastard. "He abused you, that should be a valid reason on divorce even he doesn't want to cooperate."

 

"That's how the law works in here."

 

I gritted my teeth then mentally note that I will talk to my grandparents about this country. They definitely can do something. "Fine. I won't press the issue so you should take a rest now."

 

"Alright." Then she glanced at the tray placed on the bedside cabinet. "Don't forget to drink the medicine."

 

"I won't. Have a good sleep, Shimah."

 

She only smiled warmly. After she closed the door, I inhale deeply. I will really talk to grandma and grandpa about this country as soon as I am done here.

 

On the next day, while Shimah and I are having breakfast, the door suddenly slammed open and a young handsome guy entered. "Mom!" He run towards Shimah and hugged her. "I am sorry. I am not here again to protect you."

 

It's very heart-warming to witnes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter