Promise

His Beautiful Intruder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

Seeing Jiyong together with my grandparents makes my birthday more special and thank goodness, he's getting along with them.

 

"So dear..." I cannot help but to smile as she keeps calling him that since we started to eat. Just like what I have thought before, they will definitely like him. "How did you really meet my granddaughter?" I mentally winced. "She's not telling us about that. Even her boss doesn't know about it."

 

I felt Jiyong glanced at me before he cleared up his throat. "Your granddaughter..." He cleared his throat again. Oh boy. He's really going to tell it to her. "...intruded my vacation house."

 

"Athena."

 

I smiled sheepishly to Grandma. "I apologized to him already and it's the first time I did it that is not work related. It will be the last time as well." Then I quickly raised my right hand. "I promised."

 

She sighs. "You're lucky that it's him who owned the house."

 

I grinned. "Yes, I am."

 

"I heard from Mark that you are interested to his one of the land properties in Bellea." Grandpa said to him.

 

"Yes, Your Majesty."

 

"Why?"

 

"Initially, it was because of your granddaughter." My face flush. "But as I studied more about Bellea, I learned that it's good to invest in your country." Then he discussed with them his insights about Bellea and every time Grandpa's mouth twitch, I keep on smiling. Grandpa is impressed of him. Well, Jiyong got my grandparents hooked on him. I have no doubt about it.

 

After we eat, Jiyong bid goodnight to them. "We wanted to see you again, dear."

 

Jiyong nodded politely. "It's my pleasure, Your Majesty."

 

"Take care of our Athena."

 

"I will, Your Majesty." When Grandma and Grandpa went to their bedroom, I giggled as he inhale deeply. "That dinner was intense." He said in a low and careful tone. Seems he doesn't want him to be heard.

 

"What are you saying?" Then I hugged his side. "You did well, and they like you."

 

He frowned. "Seriously?"

 

I laugh. "Of course."

 

"So, grilling me was their sign of their liking me."

 

I laugh more. "You'll get used to it but trust me, they really like you."

 

He inhale deeply then hugged me tight. "I'll be missing you tonight."

 

I kissed his cheek. "Me too."

 

He glanced at the door then stared at me. "Happy Birthday, Dara."

 

I smiled. "Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow."

 

He pinched my nose. "Be ready."

 

I giggled. "On what?"

 

He only smirked. After he left, I knocked on my grandparents' room then opened the door. "That was fast." Grandma said.

 

I chuckled then hugged her. "Thank you, Grandma."

 

She smiled then cupped my face. "You are our precious Athena so whatever makes you happy, we will support you."

 

That made my eyes start to get teary then I smiled to them. "I love you both."

 

"We do too, dear."

 

Then Grandpa cleared his throat. "That young man almost made me say earlier to invest already in Bellea."

 

I giggled. "He really studied well about Bellea."

 

Grandma encircled her hands to Grandpa's arm. "Let's invite him to visit us at Bellea."

 

My heart thumped wildly as he nodded without hesitation. Oh boy. Jiyong really captured them. Then he looked at me. "I heard you'll be on the field again for a month."

 

I smiled sheepishly. Wow. They already knew about it. "Yes, Grandpa. I'll leave in two days."

 

My grandmother sigh. "I always regret letting you do this job."

 

I hugged her on the side. "I'll be fine, Grandma. The team I belong is incredible in their job. I'll definitely go back before Christmas."

 

She sigh again. "Be careful."

 

"I promised."

 

Then the next day, my grandparents checked out from Muhan. "Did they really not mention anything bad about our hotel facilities or service?" Jiyong asked. Since I am leaving again tomorrow, he left the office early and right now, we are at his apartment, just snuggling to each other at the living room while the pets are playing by themselves.

 

I giggled. "You already saw the palace website statement about their opinion. They even recommended your hotel so why you're asking me like that?"

 

He groan. "I can't help it."

 

"If it concerns me, they usually cover it up but technically, my grandparents don’t lie. They are probably the most honest government officials among all the countries." Then I kissed his cheek. "So, stop stressing yourself out."

 

He groan again and was about to speak when his phone rings. "I'll just answer this first."

 

"Sure."

 

Then he answered the call. "Yes." Then he stopped for a moment and glanced at me. "Invitation? Alright. Send it to me." After the call ended, he stared at me. "Your grandparents are inviting me to visit Bellea next week."

 

I got startled. "That soon?"

 

He frowned at me. "What do you mean?"

 

"I thought they'll invite you when I return before Christmas." Then I smiled sheepishly. "I honestly don't know why they invited you this early."

 

He inhale deeply. "I should prepare myself then."

 

"You'll be fine." Then my heart thumped wildly when he cupped my face and stared at me intensely. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

"Because you're going to leave me again for a month."

 

Guilt strikes me. "Sorry Ji but I need to finish this job."

 

He put his face against mine closer and my heart thumped more as we are just a breath apart. "Just ensure you'll come back safe." Before I even respond, he already kissed me. His lips are warm and soft but strong, pressing into my lips. Then I slowly wrap my arms around his neck and smiled as I kissed him back. As he breaks off the kiss, I found myself in protest. He grinned then hugged me so tight. "I love you, Dara."

 

I hugged him back. "I love you too." To him, I might be a princess but to me, I am just a normal girl who would give the entire universe to make him happy, so I will really make sure that I will come back safe and sound.

 

On the next day early morning, I am somehow glad that he is sleeping deeply since it will be harder for me to leave. After I kissed his cheek, my eyes roam around his face. I am going to miss him badly. Few mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter