Thankful

His Beautiful Intruder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

The last thing I wanted to do is to see that woman again but for Dara, I can do everything. Anything for her. So, at the moment, I am with Dongwook and we are on our way to that woman's entertainment agency. Initially, only Dongwook with Hyosuk, the new president of Muhan is supposed to meet her at their office but showing myself in the meeting might be a help to Dara's last mission. Well, that is according to her and she seems confident about it.

 

"The princess influence over you is really worth mentioning. Repeatedly." Dongwook said. Since Hyosuk is at another car, he is teasing me openly. The two security officers with us were aware of Dara's real identity anyway.

 

I inhale deeply. "Stop it. I'm on the verge of just going back to the office."

 

He laugh. "This might be the last time you'll see your favourite client so just enjoy every moment." He only knows that Dara is a princess but he still unaware about her real job.

 

I snorted. "I have no intention in meeting that woman again after this."

 

"Right. I almost forgot that soon, you'll be at Bellea."

 

"You're going to miss me, Hyung."

 

He laugh. "Of course, but since I can't go there, just visit me here from time to time."

 

"I'll think about it."

 

He just laugh again. When we see the woman at the meeting room, I expected that she will have that irritating kind of smile again but surprisingly, she looks polite and professional. Maybe that catfight with Dara or that talk with the driver that Dara mentioned somehow shakes her up. This must be a good sign then. "Welcome gentlemen. Really appreciate the gesture of visiting us despite your busy schedule."

 

"No worries, Mrs Kang." Dongwook answered. "We are just here to formally introduce Muhan's new president, Mr Hyosuk Lee."

 

Hyosuk stands up then slightly bow at her. "I am looking forward to work with you, Mrs Kang."

 

"Likewise, Mr Lee." Then we discussed with her the changes in the company and other things that we need to share. After of almost two hours, the meeting finally ended and we are about to leave when she looked at me. "Mr Kwon, I would like to talk to you in private." Her personality right now is totally different from before. "Your security officers can stay outside this room so you could feel at ease."

 

I looked at Dongwook. "You can leave with Mr Lee."

 

Both of them just nodded. After the door is closed, she gestured me to sit down again. "Sorry to hold you up." Then she inhale deeply as I just stared at her. "I just wanted to apologize." I just keep on staring at her. I don't bother to be polite anymore since this talk is obviously personal. "How I acted before. All those unnecessary blabbering and touching. I know that my gestures or even my presence made you uncomfortable and yet, I still tried to chase you but to be honest, my feelings for you were sincere. It's just that I executed it in not appropriate manner even after I got married." I still did not say anything since it looks like she is going to continue to talk. "Please also pass my apologies to your girlfriend. I met her few days ago and I blasted up."

 

"Will tell her." When I stand up, she stands up as well and looked at me like she is debating with herself. "Do you still have something to say?"

 

"Your girlfriend is lucky to have you."

 

I smirked. "It's the other way around." Then I walk towards the door.

 

"Wait, Mr Kwon." I turned around then frowned at her. "Here." She handed me an USB and when she smiled, it's not an irritating kind or polite. It seems both sad and scared. "I am betting my life onto it. You're the only one whom I can think that can help since my instinct is telling me that you already know who I really am."

 

I stopped for a moment then just nodded. When we are on the road, I called Dara. "You heard everything, right?"

 

"Yeah. I wonder how she got a hint that you know her secret."

 

"Her brother probably told her that I knew his connection to the syndicate."

 

"Could be. See you, Ji."

 

"See you. I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

As I arrived at their secret office, one of the staff escorted me where she is then I smiled as soon as I saw her. "Hey, my love." My security team just stayed outside the room.

 

She hugged me then smiled back as I handed her the USB. Her team is out on the filed as they have followed the driver who left the city yesterday. "Thank you."

 

"You're always welcome."

 

She quickly pinched my both cheeks. "You're so cute."

 

I only chuckled and after she inserted the USB to her laptop, a folder popped out on the screen then she clicked the latest video saved and the woman is in it.

 

"It seems that the heaven opened a path for me to do the right thing this time. Before Han left yesterday..." If I remember it correctly, that's the driver's real name. "I've got lucky to duplicate all these files from his laptop." Then she inhale deeply. "I have no courage to ask Han directly about the ambush that happened to you, but I knew that he has something to do with it. Han was my brother's friend, so I knew him since I was a kid. He is not officially a member of the syndicate, but he is helping my brother in some job that needs to be done. Especially those dirty jobs. After my brother went missing, he became my driver to monitor me. Maybe he is afraid that I will go to the police or tell things to you. " She inhale deeply again. "Anyway, I do not have time to check each file but I am hoping that somehow, this will help you to have strong evidence about the culprit of the ambush and maybe this could help for those missing links regarding my brother. If I need to be jailed, so be it. He faked my death in order to protect me from the syndicate, but my conscience is killing me already."

 

When the video ended, I looked at Dara. She seems in deep thought. "You okay?"

 

She nodded. "I just felt bad for her. She looks fine but she's wrecking inside, and no one could help her."

 

I pat her head. "You could help her by removing that driver from her life. She could really start to live her new identity if that will happen."

 

She smiled and pinched my cheek. "You're such a good man."

 

I smirked. "Because of you."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter