Princess Athena

His Beautiful Intruder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

As soon as I heard the people's shouts and claps, my chest pound so hard. It seems Jiyong felt my inner dilemma as he grasped my hands after the door closes. "Are you nervous?"

 

I nodded. "This is my first ever public appearance."

 

His gentle massage on my hands somehow soothe my nervousness. "You'll be fine."

 

Grandma and Grandpa will talk to the people first then once they finished, I will come out next then him afterwards.

 

Then the next minutes are the longest waiting time of my life and when the door opens again, Jiyong quickly kissed the back of my hand. "I love you, Athena."

 

I smiled as I am glad that he is with me at this moment. "I love you too."

 

As the crowd welcomes me, I smiled and made a courtesy bow. "People of Bellea, our dearest Princess Athena is finally here." The event host said. After he bowed at me, he hand over another microphone to me. "Princess Athena, it's my honour to see you up close like this."

 

"Thank you, Michael." Then I smiled again to the crowd. "Good evening, my people of Bellea." They shout again while clapping. "Thank you for coming tonight. Thank you for this overwhelming response." I paused for a moment while roaming my eyes around. "Seeing all of you here made me glad and relieved. To be honest, I am so nervous at this moment and I wanted to cry..." They laugh. "Because your warm welcome made me really happy that making me feel to cry at the same time." I inhale deeply then smiled sheepishly. "Can I speak casually for now?"

 

"Yes!!!"

 

"Thank you." Once again, I smiled as I looked at the crowd. "My grandparents..." I glanced at them, they just smiled in encouragement. "worked really hard since they started to lead Bellea and I believed that everyone felt the good change happened in our beloved country." I saw some nodded, others shout as they clapped. "I don't want to lie but there is a lot of pressure on me being the next in throne. Will I be able to continue their legacy? Will I do a good job? Will I meet Bellea's expectations? These are some of the questions that are in my head. But..." I looked again to my grandparents and they gave me an encouraging nod. "despite of these uncertainties, I have this enough support from the people around me and now, I am finally in front of everyone, seeing your welcoming faces, your encouraging smiles, this is more than enough for me to do what is best for my country fellowmen." They clapped again. "I am also thankful for everyone's patience and understanding when my grandparents chose to hide me from public. For the past years, I explored Bella and the world. I experienced what is like to live outside the palace. I met different kind of people and I listened to their stories. With this kind of experience, I learned plenty things that I am sure will help me a lot once the throne is pass onto me." Then I smiled as Jiyong's face popped up in my head. "And months ago, I met the love of my life." Shouts became louder this time. "The man that is very willing to help me to lead this wonderful country." Then I looked at the closed door "My people of Bellea, meet Prince John." Well, that is his English name which will be used officially since he is now Bella citizen.


As the door opens, it felt like a slow-motion. Shouts, claps seems like fading away as I stared at Jiyong walking towards me. He is really looking more handsome tonight and I felt relieved as he looks calmed. "Peole of Bellea, let's formally welcome Prince John." The host said.

 

Jiyong did a 180 degree bow for few seconds then he opened his hand to me and after I grasped his hand, we both face the crowd then gave our best genuine smile. Current season is winter thus it's really cold but his hand is giving me warmth and luckily, there is no snow during winter at Bellea . Continuous claps and shouts are encircling us then people became silent when the host gave another microphone to Jiyong. "Good evening everyone. My full real name is Jiyong Kwon. I am unfamiliar to everyone but---"

 

"I know you, Oppa!!!" Some young lady interrupted him.

 

That made everyone laugh. I just giggled while Jiyong chuckled. "I am honored." Then he cleared his throat and roam his eyes around. "I am honestly nervous while waiting at the back but as soon as I saw everyone, I felt nothing but awe. Technically, I am still a foreigner but receiving this kind of welcome is very overwhelming. This made me understand why The Majesties are working hard for the people of Bellea and I am very grateful and honored that I am standing in front of everyone." Then I smiled as he glanced at me. "Princess Athena and I will probably not be as good as the Majesties but we promised that we will do our best to continue their legacy. To continue serving Bellea with all honesty." As both of us bow at them, another round of claps and shouts encircled us. Then Grandma and Grandpa joined us and I smiled as how they tapped Jiyong like they are telling him that he did a good job.

 

"People of Bellea, let's give another round of applause for our beloved Royal Family." Then the host made a sign to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter