What's in the basket?

My only hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hoseok was tired.

6 Hours of biochemistry was too much too handle for a Monday morning. Not to mention that he had to spend an extra 3 Hours going through some materials for the Anatomy projects him and his groupmates were working on, Hoseok was only on his first year at university and yet he felt as his life was being slowly being sipped away from him. Training had also been hard, they had 3 weeks until their anniversary dance crew showcase so he couldn’t afford to make any mistakes being the choreographer and the leader of his group he had an enormous responsibility.

Hoseok was slowly walking through the infinite staircase leading to his current apartment ,the damn elevator wouldn’t work and the landlord couldn’t be bothered fixing it. Hoseok lived on the 5th floor and was sweating profusely as he tried to balance his oversized back pack along with the many groceries bags he was carrying.

“-Aish” he swore as he almost tripped on the last stair, risking the fall of his life. It was like walking through a death trap.

His face beamed up at the sight of the old rusty door which had a simple 9 stuck on with some old black duck paper; Hoseok approached his door only noticing at the last second the big basket situated in front of his door as he furiously tried to reach his keys situated somewhere deep in his trench coat. Hoseok huffed in annoyance before placing his bags on the floor before reaching for his lost keys. In a swift movement he unlooked the door before carrying all his belonging to his mini kitchen, without too much thought he went out to retrieve the covered basket letting out a surprise yelp at the weight of it. It wasn’t unusual for him to receive baskets full of food and groceries the old ladies from the first floor were really kind to him, treating him like he was their own grandson.

He casually placed it on top of his dining table before plopping himself on his couch in the living room, mindlessly scrolling through the channels looking for some sort of entrainment ,he could afford to sleep in late for tonight as he didn’t have any lectures early in the morning the next day.

Hoseok had started dozing off when an odd sound caught his attention, it sounded like a …a whine? No it kind of sounded like a muffled cry.

‘What the ?’ Hoseok frowned trying to locate the source of the noise. He then realised it was coming from the kitchen which was basically one with the living room only partially demarcated by some cute lining curtains which were used to replace the wall which must have been present sometime in the past. The apartment was quite old and small but it was affordable and a 10-minute walk from his campus, so for Hoseok it was a win-win situation.

But going back to the weird sound, Hoseok who naturally a scaredy cat took the ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter