Unexpected Help

Take A Chance

 

Yongguk leaned against the wall and sighed. He walked down the hallway and opened the exit door, hoping that she would just be waiting outside. "..." He went back and asked the guys if they could watch Taehyun. "Something wrong?", Maslo asked.
He nodded, "I have to...she's...Suyeon...I'll call you later!" Yongguk ran back out the door leaving them all confused. Once he was outside his mind went blank. Where would she go? Suyeon didn't have a specific place where she would go to sulk, which made it harder for him. He got into Donghae's car and sped towards the restaurant with the hope that maybe she left one of them a hint to where she was.
 
Inside everyone had their phones out, waiting to hear anything about Ms. Hwang's condition. When he ran in everyone stood up. "What happened?", Jongup asked.
"Where's Suyeon noona?", Junhong looked behind him. Yongguk clenched his jaw and shrugged, "She said she was going to the bathroom and she just left." He gave Donghae his keys back and exhaled, "I don't know where she went or...or where she'd even go. She turned her phone off and..." He sat down on a chair and hunched over, elbows on his knees and his hands covering his face. 
 
"Alright.", Luna stood up, "Here's what we're going to do." Everyone gave her an odd look and she walked to the front of the dining area. "Sunny, Sohee, and Myungsoo; you guys will go to that little shop she used to go all the time when we were in high school." Both girls grabbed their purses and Donghae tossed Myungsoo his car keys. 
"What's happening?", Yongguk stood up. "We're gonna help you find her.", she answered. "Junhong, Kibum, and Jooyeon; will hit up Yongsan, there was a spot she and her mom used to eat by the river." Kibum nodded and pulled out his keys, waiting for them to get their things. "You two.", she looked at Jongup and Suzy. "Walk around here, she might come by later we never know." 
 
"Us three.", she motioned for Donghae and Siwon, "What's left...", she pursed her lips. "Dongjak!", Donghae answered, "That's where she lived before she moved over here." Luna snapped her fingers, "Good! Okay, anyone that finds her or finds a clue of some kind, mass text." Each team that she created left and she walked up to Yongguk, "I saved the big spots for you." He nodded and she told Siwon and Donghae she'd be out in a second. "First off check the apartment, seriously you never know with her. Next, the cemetery in Mapo where her mom is buried and, the stream where you asked her to be your girlfriend." 
 
"You think we'll find her?", he gulped. Luna shrugged, "We won't know if we don't try."
She patted his shoulder before running out into Siwon's car. Jongup gave Yongguk a reassuring smile, "Don't worry hyung, everything will be fine." He bit his lip, "I really hope you're right." Yongguk said a quick goodbye before running out of the restaurant. When he arrived he knocked a few times and tried to peek in through the windows. All the lights were off, giving him enough of a reason to check it off the list. We're gonna need more help. He pulled out his phone and dialed Himchan. "I need you and Youngjae's eyes.", he said. "I...Not literally Himchan...", he shook his head and explained the situation while he headed for the subway station.
 
 
 

 

 
"I don't know about this...", Suyeon tugged at the new clothing uncomfortably.
Zico snorted, "Don't know what? You look good.", he scanned her up and down. She looked at herself in the mirror, not completely sure about the look but not hating it either. Her eyes went up the shiny black heels, tight dark wash skinny jeans, a grey ribbed bustier top covered by a black leather jacket. One of the workers came up to them and Zico slipped his hand into the inside pocket of his jacket and pulled out his wallet to hand her his credit card. Suyeon tried to pull the top up, not wanting it to show so much cleavage but it made the hem rise up in the process.
 
Zico chuckled and went to stand next to her. "Calm down.", he put his hands on her shoulders. What are you doing?! Inside Suyeon's mind there was still that tiny little voice, she had been blocking it all night but even though distant it was still there. Why aren't you back at the hospital with Taehyun? He really needs you right now. She argued with herself until the lady came back with Zico's card. Suyeon sighed and shook her head, "I should go change." She stepped off the platform and headed for the dressing room again but Zico sighed and grabbed her arm. "Already paid for so you might as well keep it." She furrowed her brows, "Really?" 
 
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!??! Oh my gawdddd, will you shut up? Do you even know what he's going to want in return, it's sooooo obvious! Just leave now before you end up doing something you regret, something that could also hurt Yongguk. "Yeah.", Zico said, "This was my idea so, why not?" WHY DO YOU RUNAWAY FROM EVERYTHING, STICK IT OUT AND- "Thank you.", Suyeon looked down awkwardly. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU!? He held onto her hand and lead her out of the store, nodding his head at the workers. When they were outside his phone started ringing and he sighed. He looked at it for a second before letting go of her hand.
"Sorry, I have to get this." 
 
"Yeah...I'm...I'm kind of busy at the moment.", he glanced at her. "Can this wait?"
"What did it say?" His tone changed but Suyeon wasn't even paying attention. 
Zico clenched his jaw, not wanting to her to see him have an outburst. On the other line there was a string of apologies. "It's...ok-Alright it's not okay. You let me know almost four hours after...It's like you don't have any way to communicate with me."
She gave him a worried glance but he shook his head at her, mouthing that nothing was wrong. "We'll just see how things go.", he sighed and hung up. Suyeon put her hand on his shoulder and he turned to face her with a smile. "Sorry, everything's fine...Don't worry, it's all good." He linked arms with her and looked up and down the street, raising his free hand to hail a cab. "Where are we going?", she asked. "Our usual spot.", he answered and opened the door for her.
 
Across the street another cab was hailed as well. "Baro!", Sandeul whined, "We're gonna miss the movie." He followed him into the backseat and sighed. "I was really looking forward to it too!" Baro shushed him and pulled out his phone, keeping an eye on Suyeon and Zico. "Where to?", the driver asked, looking at them through the rearview. "Follow that cab!", he said and pushed buttons on his phone. While it rang he looked at Sandeul, "I've always wanted to say that.", he giggled. 
"Are you even sure that it was Suyeon?", Sandeul crossed his arms, "I didn't get a good look at her." Baro rolled his eyes, "Well I did and, she wasn't with Yongguk and...she didn't seem like herself."
 
"You noticed all that from across the street, Baro you are-"
"Jinyoung!", Baro spoke into his phone, "Jesus man took you forever to answer, anyway, I need you to call-SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK. I need you to call your friend Joon. Yeah...His friend is Seungho right? Okay, tell him to call his girlfriend Gyrui...they're still together yes? Okay good, then tell her to call, what's her best friend's name? Gina? She know's Yongguk right? Yes, Suyeon's boyfriend...or might be...I'm not sure, just get her to get him to call me OR send me his number so I can call him." He looked out to make sure they were still behind them and heard Jinyoung whining about the chain of people he would have to contact. "JUST DO IT FOR ME!", Baro hung up.
 
Suyeon's cab pulled over and they both got out, with Zico putting his arm around her shoulder's. A few feet behind them Baro and Sandeul also got out, hiding behind a few other parked cars so that they wouldn't be seen. "Is this necessary?", Sandeul sighed, "My back is-" Baro covered his mouth with his hand and he dragged him up behind another car. He saw them walk a block down the street and go inside a bar. 
"Now what?", Sandeul asked, "Are we going to follow them in there too?"
Baro shook his head, "I have to wait until Yongguk calls me."
"Who's that guy she's with? I'm assuming that's not her boyfriend."
"It's not." They moved across the street and were able to see into the bar. "I'm not sure who he is but, something's off."