Conquering Fears

Take A Chance

“Noona~” Taehyun poked her arm, “Hyung~”
“Taehyun!” Suyeon whined, “Go away!”
She snuggled closer to Yongguk and covered her head with the blanket.
Yongguk tightened his arms around her and opened one eye.
“Good morning Taehyun.” he reached over and ruffled the boys hair.
“Ms. Hwang made breakfast, she told me to come get you. Oh, and she washed your pants and shirt.”
Yongguk nodded, “Tell her we’ll be there in a little bit.”

As Taehyun left the room Yongguk began poking Suyeon on her sides.
“No~” she said.
“Come on, let’s go eat breakfast.” He kissed her forehead.
She sat up, “Fine.”
He chuckled and got up, putting on the clothes that were neatly folded at the foot of the bed.

They sat in the circular table, each listening to Taehyun’s story of how many chocolates he received the day before.
“Sunmi, Jimin, Minyoung, Sooyoung, Hyeyoung, Yoonmi, basically the entire third grade female population…and some second graders gave me chocolates too.”
Ms. Hwang chuckled, “He’s right, he could hardly carry all the bags when I picked him up.”

“Now the question is, are you going to give all those girls something for White Day.” Suyeon raised a brow at her brother.
He rubbed his chin, “There’s only one girl I want to get a present for on White Day.”
“Ooh~” Yongguk teased, “And who’s that.”
“Suyeon noona~” he grinned.
They laughed, “Good one bro.” she ruffled his hair.

 




Suyeon yawned when she finished her test. Gathering her things she received a text. Yongguk was letting her know that he was outside, waiting for her.
“Oppa~” she grinned as she stood on her tip toes, pecking his lips.
“Good afternoon baby girl.” he smiled, bringing out his hands from behind his back.

“I’m taking you out because you’ve been so swamped with work and school. And you can’t say no to me.”
Suyeon giggled, “Like I really could say no to you.”

He walked with her, taking a cut through the park. Suyeon felt a little less stressed as she saw the colorful flowers. Yongguk’s arm was around her shoulders, smiling that she was a bit more at ease. The dark circles under her eyes made him frown though, not that they made her unattractive no sir. In his eyes she would always be beautiful. It bothered him to know that she hadn’t been sleeping right.

Suyeon inhaled deeply, enjoying how calm it was. She heard laughter and stopped. There was a little girl hiding behind a slide, giggling. A toddler waddled over, drooling and speaking gibberish as he ran to her. The girl jumped out and squished him with a hug.
“Jooeun!” She looked up, hearing her name. “Bring Joowon over.”

The mother of the two sat them on the bench next to her, handing them each a lollipop. Joowon giggled as Jooeun unwrapped the candy for him. He reached out for it, only to have her pull back.
“Say noona~. Say noona Joowonnie and I’ll give you the candy.” she smiled.
Yongguk didn’t say a word as Suyeon watched the scene.
“Come on say noona!” the girl pouted.

Joowan giggled, “Noo….noo…” he cooed.
The girl clapped her hands, “Did you hear him omma?! He’s starting to talk!”
She smiled, admiring her children.
“Of course, you started talking early too.” she tickled their tummies.
“Omma!” the girl squealed.
The mom laughed and hugged them both tightly, giving them each a kiss on the forehead.

Yongguk looked over at Suyeon, seeing a few tears fall from her eyes.
“Suyeon.” he spoke gently, “Are you okay?”
She blinked, “Yeah.” she sniffed, wiping her tears. “Sorry, I just-”
He hugged her, her hair, “It’s okay.”
“I just miss her.” she mumbled.
He nodded, “I understand.” he tightened his hug.
“Come on, let’s go.” he took her hand and continued to walk down the path.

“Oppa!” Suyeon squealed as Yongguk lifted her off the ground.
“Come on Su!” He pulled her into a line for a roller coaster.
She looked up at the rusty, shaking rails. “Uhm…O-okay.”
Yongguk excitedly pulled down the silver bar.

Suyeon closed her eyes, her knuckles turning white from gripping the bar.
“Okay, no.”, she shook her head, “I can’t.”
Yongguk sighed, “Come on jagiya, you have to conquer these fears sooner or later.”
She pouted, “How about later?”
He chuckled, “I think it’s a little too late for that.”
As he finished his sentence the carts jerked forward, going down the tracks.

Yongguk laughed when Suyeon steadied herself on her feet.
“THAT. WAS. AWESOME.” She jumped in the air.
“See? I knew you would like it.” he said confidently.

“Which do you want to ride next oppa?”, she said, hugging him tightly.
“Which ever one you want baby girl.” he smiled.

They spent the rest of the day waiting in lines, getting on the fastest, tallest rides. Suyeon had never had that much fun with a guy before. She didn’t feel pressured, or uncomfortable with Yongguk at all.

“Are you having fun?” he asked.
“Yes~” she pecked his cheek, swinging their hands back and forth.
Spotting a photo booth her eyes lit up, “Oppa, let’s take a picture!”
He chuckled as she sat down in the small seat, clapping excitedly.
“Hmm…” she looked through all the frames and decorations.

“That one!” Yongguk pointed at a frame that had two bunnies hugging. One was blue and the other pink.
Suyeon smiled and selected it, sitting back as the countdown to the flash shown on the screen.

She giggled as she looked through the glossy printed pictures. There were three sheets, each with four pictures on it. In the last one they weren’t even looking at the camera, they were just kissing.
“I’ll keep this one!” he snatched it from her hands and looked at it.
“I want that one too!” she pouted.
“Okay.” he chuckled, “We’ll each get six, we’ll split this one in half.”
Suyeon nodded in agreement, “Okay.”

They sat down at a bench and sipped on milkshakes from a nearby vendor. She leaned her head on his shoulder and laughed along with him as they talked. A gasp escaped her lips when someone jumped on her lap and sipped from her drink. She recognized the curly blonde hair and giggled, “Junhong!”
“Hi noona!” he said loudly, a bright smile on his face.
He turned to Yongguk, “Hi hyung!”

“What are you doing here?” Yongguk scooted over, giving him space to sit.
“Jongup hyung brought a girl on a date, we came to support him.” he explained.
“We?” they raised their brows.
“JUNHONG!” He looked up, a brown haired boy ran up. “Don’t leave me!”
He smiled innocently, “Sorry.”

“Suyeon noona this my hyung, Daehyun.” he introduced him.
Daehyun bowed politely to Suyeon and fist bumped with Yongguk.
“I lost Himchan hyung chasing after you.” he looked back.
“Oh he’ll be fine.” Junhong shrugged it off.
He took another sip of her milkshake and handed it back to her.

“There’s fireworks tonight!” Junhong said excitedly.
Yongguk brightened up, “What time?!”
Daehyun checked the time, “About ten more minutes.”
Suyeon jumped up, “Let’s go oppa!”
He nodded and stood up, “It’s a better view from the front.” Daehyun suggested.
The quartet began walking to the front of the park.

“It’s so pretty.” She smiled and looked up at the bright explosions.
Yongguk tightened his arms around her and smiled, pressing his lips against her temple. “So are you.” he whispered.
Suyeon blushed, “You’re sweet.” she pecked his lips.
As she turned back to the fireworks Yongguk met a pair of eyes.

Yongguk narrowed his eyes at the boy. He stared at Suyeon and nudged one of the guys he was with. He tensed up and gently brought her head down on his shoulder.
“Are you okay oppa?” she looked at him curiously.
“Yeah.” he put on a smile, “I’m good.”
Junhong sprawled out on the grass in front of them and laid his head on her lap.

He felt Yongguk pat his shoulder and give him a look. Junhong furrowed his brows, not really understanding what he was getting at. Clapping erupted as the fireworks came to an end. Yongguk helped her up and tried finding the guy he had spotted earlier.
“I’m going to the bathroom.” she said.
“Okay.” he nodded, continuing to look around.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Junhong asked.
“This guy was looking at Suyeon.” he said.
Daehyun raised a brow, “Do you know him?”
Yongguk shook his head, “Never seen him before.”

“DAEHYUN!”, they all turned.
“Youngjae!” Daehyun smiled, giving the approaching boy a hug.
“I found Himchan hyung earlier, figured you would be here too.” he mentioned.
He greeted Junhong and Yongguk.
“Is everything okay?” he tilted his head, feeling the tense atmosphere.
“I need to find her.” Yongguk said.

He turned and headed in the direction of the bathrooms, with the boys following closely behind.

Suyeon washed her hands and frowned at her reflection. She took out a black hair tie and brought all her hair up in a ponytail. Humming, she fixed her fringe and applied some chap stick. A few more girls entered, giving her polite smiles to which she returned. As she exited she walked back to where she had left Yongguk and the other boys.


“Suyeon.” She stopped in her tracks, wide eyed.
“Jaebeom?” Suyeon turned around and faced him.
He smirked, “Oh I knew it was you.”
“What do you want?” she narrowed her eyes.
He sighed, putting his hands in his pockets.

Suyeon backed up as she walked towards her, “Calm down.” he rolled his eyes.
“What do you want?” she repeated, more defensively.
“I saw you when the fireworks were going…”
“And?” she scoffed.
“I…That guy…who is he?”

She raised a brow, “Excuse me but since when did you ever give a about who I’m with?”
He looked surprised, “So he’s your boyfriend?”
“Yes.” she answered, the corners of lifted up a little.
“He makes you happy?” Jaebeom’s eyes looked sad.

“Why do you care? You never did before-”
“Did I hurt you that bad?” he interrupted, “Like really?”
Suyeon felt her blood boil. You have to conquer these fears sooner or later.
“Are kidding me?!” she snapped.
He jumped back, “You played me, you made me feel trashy…and easy.” she cringed.
“I have never, ever, felt more disgusted with myself. That’s how bad it was Jay, for months I…I couldn’t even-ugh!”

Suyeon felt tears b at her eyes as she clenched her fists, her nails digging deep into her palm.
“Damn it, I never-” she blinked, looking down at the dirt, “You don’t know how it feels.”
Jaebeom pressed his lips together, “You have no idea how long I’ve waited to tell you off.” she chuckled lightly, “But…”, she shrugged, “It’s in the past…”

“Now, if you’ll excuse me.” Suyeon was about to turn but he spoke up.
“I’m sorry.” He laced his hands together, not sure of what else to do.
She bit her lip, “Can you just promise me one thing?”
He nodded, “Don’t ever do that to a girl ever again.”
“I won’t. I swear…”
“By the way, yes…He does make me happy.” she smiled.
Jaebeom laughed, “You deserve to be happy Suyeon.”

“Well…I should get going…” She gave him a small wave and turned around.
Suyeon let out a breath of relief as she walked back. I deserve a cookie for that, she thought playfully.
“SUYEON!” She tilted her head hearing Yongguk’s voice.
“Oppa, are you okayyeeeee!” She squealed as he lifted her up, crushing her in a tight hug.
“Are you okay?!” he set her down and cupped her face.

“I’m fine.” she chuckled, “Are you okay?”
He took a step back and rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.
“Y-yeah…” he puffed the air out of his cheeks.
“Hyung!” Yongguk turned around and they both were met with the confused looks of four boys.

“Oh you’re pretty!”, one said.
Suyeon giggled, “Himchan, don’t you dare!” Yongguk wrapped his arm around her.
“We found him!” Junhong smiled awkwardly.
“Noona, this this is Himchan hyung and Yongjae hyung!” he introduced them.
After getting acquainted Yongguk mentioned the time.

“I should get you home.” he sighed.
Suyeon nodded, “I do have class in the morning…Well I’ll see you and Jongup and work tomorrow Junhong~” she ruffled his hair.
“It was nice meeting you three.” she gave the others a smile.
Yongguk took her hand and led them away, waving a goodbye.

“Did you have fun today?” he smiled.
Suyeon stopped walking and jumped up to kiss him.
He chuckled, “I’ll take that as a yes.”
Their hearts thumped rapidly as their lips met again. Yongguk lifted her up and while carrying her continued on their way.

 

 

 


Omgahwbfuawieawe.

So many of you are subscribed ;~;

my author feels~...Can't handle this..

I feel terrible for having you waiting so long, but thank you for waiting and being so patient!

thank you for reading and subscribing<333333

I WILL be updating tomorrow, pinky promise!!