White Day

Take A Chance

The ting of dishes echoed in the restaurant, cleaning rags were brought out to wipe down the tables. The lunch-hour rush had just ended, letting everyone take a breather until the next customer came. Suyeon and Luna sighed as they rested on two chairs.
“Has Yongguk given you anything for White Day yet?” she asked her.
Suyeon shook her head, “Nope…” she pouted.

Sunny came over, “I’m sure he has something for you.”
She propped her elbow on the counter, “I dunno.” she shrugged, “I shouldn’t care too much about it…I mean….it’s only White Day, right?”
“Only White Day?!” Siwon barged in, hands behind his back.
“He hasn’t bought you anything?” Myungsoo asked.

“It’s no big deal.” Suyeon tried to hide her disappointment.
“Yes it is!” Donghae walked over as well.
He whistled at Junhong and Jongup, “You two, come on.”
They both smiled and ran to the locker room.
“Don’t move!” Myungsoo said, running after the boys.

“What?” Sunny raised a brow.
Siwon brought his hands out from behind his back, revealing three white roses.
The girls gaped at him, “Oh like we could really forget our favorite girls!”
Donghae grinned as he brought out three pink heart shaped boxes.
“And since we know all your favorite treats.”
Each got a box as Jongup, Junhong, and Myungsoo ran back out.
They all gave the girls their own present that they had gotten for them.

“We decided to give them to you now.”, they smiled, “Jongup already delivered Jooyeon’s and Sohee’s earlier.”
“Aw guys~”, they stood up and hugged all of them, “Thank you so much.”
“No problem, it’s the least we could do. We always make fun of your menstruating cycles, ask you for dating advice, mess with your phones-”
“Okay, I think that’s enough.”, they rolled their eyes.

The door opened and more customers piled in.
“And the lovely moment is over~” Donghae clapped his hands.
“Work !” They stuck out their tongues as they headed to put up the gifts in their lockers.

All day Suyeon would constantly check her phone to see if Yongguk had tried to contact her. Each time she was met with disappointment that he hadn’t. Every time the doors opened she would snap her head in that direction, hoping that he would walk in. Again, nothing. She did however smile brightly when Taehyun came by with Ms. Hwang.

“What are you doing here?” she giggled as he hugged her.
“I told you I would bring you something for White Day.”
The little boy ran to Ms. Hwang and brought a small bouquet of yellow roses.
“Aw.” she squatted and squished him with a hug.
“I love you noona.” he kissed her cheek, making the customers awe.
He ran back to Ms. Hwang and got two other flowers from her and handed them to Sunny and Luna.

They tried pinching his cheeks but he ran and hid behind Donghae who stopped them. “Bye noona!” he yelled as he led Ms. Hwang out of the restaurant.
She waved at them and quickly put the flowers in the locker room. Hours passed and it was still the same, no sign of Yongguk.


“Suyeon~” Siwon called her.
“What table?” she sighed.
“Four.” He handed her five menus.
She smiled as she got their orders. The restaurant would close soon, so it was her last order of the night. Everyone was more relaxed since it was so near to closing time.

By the time the last table was left Siwon and Donghae had told her, the girls, Jongup and Myungsoo they could leave. They could handle the last one.
“When did Junhong leave?” Suyeon tilted her head.
The others shrugged, “It’s late~ Let’s just go.” Luna shut her locker and leaned against it, waiting for them to finish.

Suyeon untied her apron, folded it neatly and placed it in her locker. Before shutting it she saw the picture of her and Yongguk stuck to the inside. Once again she checked her phone, and sighed at the empty inbox.
“Aiya Suyeon!” Sunny grabbed her phone and pointed at the door.
Suyeon pouted, “But-”
“Nuh ah ah!” She led her out with the others trailing close behind.

Sunny held her phone above her head as they all exited the restaurant, not noticing that the last few customers had already left and that Donghae and Siwon were also waiting for them.
“Sunny!” Suyeon jumped up, “Gimme~”
When they all made it outside Sunny dropped her hand and gave her the phone back.
“Thank you!” Suyeon sighed, checking it again.
They all grinned at her, “What?” she raised a brow.
Luna nodded behind Suyeon and she turned around.

Yongguk stood under a street light, smiling brightly with a big bouquet of red roses. Suyeon’s mouth hung open as he took a few steps towards her.
“You guys didn’t make her think bad of me too much now did you?” he joked with everyone.
“Nothing too too bad.” Donghae chuckled.
“I don’t-” Suyeon couldn’t even find the right words.
“Please, did you really think I could forget that today is White Day, and the most amazing girl in the world is my girlfriend?”

She blushed as he handed her the flowers. Yongguk took a step back and took off his backpack. Suyeon watched as he ped it and pulled out a pink wrapped box with a golden bow on top.
“You can’t open it yet.”, he said cutely and put it in her hand.
Taking another step back Suyeon chuckled when she saw Junhong step into the light. He beamed and gave her a small wave.

Yongguk nervously took out a crumbled piece of paper from his back pocket and unfolded it. His hands shook lightly as he took a breath.
“I know that this isn’t a typical serenade but…” he shrugged, “I think you’ll like it.”
He looked over at Junhong and gave him a nod. The younger boy brought his hand up to his mouth and started producing a smooth beat. Suyeon stared as Yongguk his lips, nodding along, trying to find the rhythm.

“Yeah…yeah…Check it
You see there’s this girl I can’t seem to get off my mind
She’s amazing, and beautiful something so divine

It’s driving me crazy, she was so resistant
I couldn’t give up, never been so persistent

You’re beautiful inside and out
Almost four months, I’ve never smiled so much
I think I’m attached to you, you’re someone I can’t be without
You’re laugh, smile, you’re the perfect package
There’s nothing more I can say, but baby girl,

Happy White Day.”

Suyeon had a smile plastered on her face the entire time. Yongguk’s face flushed a deep red as he folded up the paper and stuffed it back into his pocket. Everyone behind her clapped. Suyeon giggled as Yongguk took a step towards her.
“Did you like it?” he asked shyly.
She turned around and handed the flowers and present to Sunny, “Hold that.”

“I loved it.” Suyeon smiled and jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck.
“EW!” The others covered their eyes as the couple kissed.
“Don’t do that!” Siwon groaned.
“Junhongie and I are still under aged!” Jongup whined.
When they pulled apart they laughed, giving each other another peck.
Grabbing her things they said goodbye and slowly made their way back to Suyeon’s home.

“Thank you.” Suyeon rested her head on his chest, both standing outside her door.
“You can open your present now.” he reminded her.
She smiled as she took it out of her bag, giving him one last look before carefully taking off the wrapping. She felt her heart thump faster as she saw the black velvet jewelry box.
“Open it!” he urged cutely.
Gulping, she lifted up the top and gasped when she saw the silver necklace.
“Oh Yongguk.”, she looked up at him, “It’s beautiful.”

From the thin chain hung a shiny, heart shaped charm, half lined with diamonds.
Yongguk took it out of the box and motioned for her to turn around.

Suyeon moved her hair to the side, allowing him to place the necklace around her neck. She touched the charm and smiled.
“There.” Yongguk clasped it on and placed a kiss on her neck.
Suyeon kissed him again, “Why are you so sweet?!” she whined, hugging him tightly.
He smiled, his hand gently running through her hair.

“Suyeon…” he spoke.
She looked up at his sparkling eyes, “Yeah?”
“I…Lo…I’ll see you tomorrow?” he coughed.
“Y-yeah…okay…”
Before entering he gave her a deep kiss.
“Good night oppa.” Suyeon smiled and shut the door.

Yongguk face palmed and let out a breath. I don’t want to scare her off…
Inside Suyeon leaned her back on the door, holding onto the small heart charm.
Was he about to say ’I love you’?

 


 

 

So I kind of lied? My internet went down after I updated the last time .____.
I finally got it working again literally about ten minutes ago.
Well anyways, I hope you like my chapter!
Yes, I wrote the rap, haven't written one since Bring It, so I thought I'd try it out again^^

 

Thank you for reading and subscribing<3333