36. 'we'll figure it out.'

one hundred ways to say i love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pair: yoongi x you

 

I put my hand on my chest, staring up at the ceiling. My other free hand is holding the pregnancy test and it shows two red lines. Two red lines. I’ve been anxious about this because I’m late. As soon as I realized, I went to the nearest store and bought three boxes of it with different brands. The one I’m holding on right now is the last one I’ve tested. Three of them read that I’m pregnant.

 

Yoongi finds me in our bedroom. I’m curling into a ball under the blanket. He wraps his limbs on my upper body, pulling me close to him and snuggling in the crook of my neck. I sigh at the feel of him close to me. His touch and warmth manages to comfort me down and it’s the first ever since I discovered that. He gently cradles my face. Turning me over to face him as he’s above me. My eyelids flutter close at him kissing my forehead.

“Are you not feeling well? You didn’t cook dinner,” his face twists in concern, staring fixedly at my eyes.

I feel bad. I’ve been so fixated at my own that I don’t think about Yoongi. He must be starving like he always does whenever he gets back from work. And it’s not like I’m busy because I’m jobless and all I do is either sit or sleep at home. I should’ve been more considerate and prepare dinner for him despite my anxiousness.

I gently push him away so that I could get up from bed. “I’m sorry. I’ll make something quick.” My feet are on the floor. I’m about to lift my off the bed but a hand stops me. Yoongi scoots closer and makes me sit on his lap. I don’t dare to look at him in the eyes even though he’s begging me to with his gaze. He caresses my cheek with the back of his hand.

“Is something wrong? You can tell me anything,” he whispers. And I get from his tone that he, himself, is afraid because of my behavior. I wonder what scenarios he’s imagining.

I can tell him anything. Mmhm. Easier said than done, huh?

I don’t say anything and neither does he. But he doesn’t push me or ask questions. I’m on his lap. He’s rubbing my forearm with his thumb. We stay there with silence of awkwardness and stuffing aura surrounds us. I unconsciously lean my head against him as he places his on my shoulder. Kissing my skin.

After minutes pass, I finally confess. “Yoongi, I’m pregnant.”

I can feel him tensing under me. I pull back when he lifts up his head from my shoulder. He’s staring at me with eyes so wide that I’m afraid they might pop out from his skull. His jaw slacks opened. Weird noises comes out from his throat.

“Yoongi?”

He snaps out of his thought. “W-what? What did you say?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter