26. 'i'm sorry. i didn't mean to.'

one hundred ways to say i love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pair: yoongi x you

 

< yoongi's pov >

I feel the place I lie beside me dips down. A soft palm that is clearly belonged to a woman caresses my cheeks. I blink my eyes to clear the blur in my vision. I lazily stretch the corner of my lips when the woman I love and deeply care is in front of me, lying on her side.

“Good morning, intruder.”

I nuzzle our nose together, making her giggle. My bottom lip tugs under my teeth. Undoubtedly that my gummy smile makes appearance upon hearing her giggle. She must have been making herself into my apartment using the key I gave her long ago. Waking up to her sudden presence in the morning is one of the best moments, so I don’t really mind really.

“Yoongi oppa,” my name rolls out of her tongue with that soft and gentle voice of hers, “There’s something I want to ask.”

That makes me furrow my eyebrows, lifting my head a bit and squinting my eyes at her. “In this early morning?” Her eyes big are big looking through me. She nods silently. “Alright. Shoot,” I say.

I don’t like it when she smiles. It seems different.  It seems forced. Awkward and bitter. Then, realization and regrets dawn on me when she shows me a pack of cigarettes. A brand that I am familiar and I don’t need to ask that I know it’s mine.

She changes her position to sitting, pinning down at me with her gaze. I gulp, wishing to remove the hurt and concern in them. “I thought you said that you quit.”

I really don’t want to but instinct just kicks in to protect myself, you know, as I easily reply, “That’s Hoseok’s. He must have leave it accidentally.”

I know I’ve hurt her more by the way her temple creases deeper. And her voice shakes a bit. “Why are you lying?”

She’s right. Why did I even bother to lie? She’ll find out –she always does.

I shot up from my bed, reaching out for her hand to hold it. I hope that she sees the regrets inside me, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter