10. 'i'm sorry for your loss.'

one hundred ways to say i love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pair: husband!jimin x you | warning: angst, death

 

My eyes fall into Jimin lying on his side on the bed as soon as I step out the bathroom after a long bath. He is still in his formal attire and hasn’t taken a bath but I don’t say anything. The last thing he needs right now is my nagging.

 

Today was our best friend’s funeral, Kim Taehyung.

After more than a year fighting cancer, he left the world and everyone who cares about him. He left Jimin, his best friend –even claimed Jimin as his soulmate.

It hits Jimin so hard that he didn’t even want to believe it. It was heartbreaking. He didn’t let anyone touched Taehyung and stayed beside Taehyung’s death bed for three hours.

At the funeral, he didn’t say much –nothing less than five words. Most of the time, he just stood silent with eyes so dead that it scared me if he was still standing in the same world as I do.

 

I join him to the bed, his back facing me. I stare at his back for who-knows-how-long before my hand rests on top of his arm, squeezing and rubbing circles with my thumb. I wish he finds comfort, even if it just a bit.

My eyes are round and big when his shoulders shake under my palm. Next thing I know, he is crying, and at first it is hidden and low before it turns louder and louder. Dear God, it feels as if someone is crushing my heart seeing him like this. I scoot closer until my nose touches the back of his neck.

“I’m sorry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter