Chapter 57 (Final)

Brian's Song

Episode 57 (Final)

 

Let me be your love, I want to protect this warm love

Baby it’s okay, from now on

I want you to be happy

 

Let me be your love, please accept it

If it’s you - that's how it's supposed to be

Baby it’s okay, from now on

I want you to be happy

 

Baby let me see your smile when I say

When I say I love you

Baby don’t you think I’m wrong when I say

When I say that there’s only you

 

Finally, I get to hold both of your small hands

I’ll never let go forever

Baby, I’ll say it no matter how many times

~ Baby, It’s OK.”

 

 

 

 

15 months later.

 

 

“We’re nearly here. Only about 15 minutes away,” Momose spoke in fluent Korean.

“Great! Can’t wait to hit the mountain side. We’ve heard so much about Hakuba.”

“You’ll love it there, I promise you,” Momo grinned. “And my Omma's cooking is the best!”

Momo was in a tour coach, ferrying 4 female Korean tourists, their first time in Japan.

“So, you alternate between Hakuba and Tokyo?” one of the girls asked.

“Something like that, mainly in Tokyo though. Sohyeun-unni and Tae-kim-ssi looks after most of the operations, to be honest,” Momo explained.

“You have the company president herself, being your tour guide today,” Sohyeun , Momo’s tour guide staff smiled from the front seat. Her husband was the designated driver for the weekend.

It has been a year plus since Momo left Day6.

15 months to be exact.

Since then, she started her Autumm Matriculation course in one of Tokyo’s universities, after which she hoped to continue with a degree in Linguistics. Momo decided to specialise in the English Language with either Korean or Mandarin as electives.

Her studies made possible with the earnings she made at JYPE previously.

To further sustain herself, Momo started an online based tour agency, attracting mostly Korean tourists who needed guides or translators in Japan, Tokyo in particular.

It was a of luck when her very first clients, husband and wife Sohyeun and Tae-kim from Busan decided to stay in Japan to work. Hence, Momo and the couple formed a partnership where she concentrated on the marketing and Tokyo operations, while the couple looked at the out of town destinations.

“I’m not a President. Just a partner to Soyeoun and Tae-kim,” she smiled. “They’ll be taking you around this weekend, neh?”

“Sure, sure, kwenchana,” the guests smiled. “You’re on college break, right?”

“Neh, I just completed my finals a few days ago,” she grinned in relief.

Momo promoted Hakuba any chance she gets and her efforts somehow encouraged other local tour operators in her little town to do the same. So much so that the town was now open to tourists in the summer too. Mainly for their off the beaten track eco tourism. The ski resort has also invested in artificially harvesting a small area for skiers in the summer, making Hakuba open all year round.

But it was now December. Time for Hakuba to be in full swing again.

“Can we make a detour at the resort before getting to the hostel?” Tae-kim asked, as he carefully maneveured the van over the slippery roads.

“Wei?”

“I ordered some ski gears for the guests, wanna take them quick, in case the club gives them away like last time.”

“Oh, is it ok with you guys?”

“Yeah sure, we can take a look around too, right?”

“Yes, of course, we’ll show you around, so tomorrow you’ll know exactly where to go,” Momo said.

They all went into a comfortable silence then, each of them absorbing the beautiful quiet vilage scenery around them.

Momo went pensive for a while. She was glad for her school, side business and friends. They kept her busy and away from thinking of other things.

Like how she missed her life in Seoul.

How much she missed the boys.

And why after one year and three months, they have not even called her, let alone see her.

Perhaps it was truly the case of out of sight, out of mind, she thought.

To say she was sad and disappointed, was not even close.

But again, it was partly her fault.

It was she who imposed the clause on them.

For them not to be in contact for a year.

But it was just a year, Momo whined silently. It’s more than that now.

Yet, looking at how big the boys have gotten the past year, she was not that surprised.

Instead, she was overly estatic and proud.

Since she left, Day6 has made two Korean comebacks, one full Japanese album, a full fledged world tour, covering even the Americas and Europe, a Youth Ambassador appointment and multitudes of media appearances.

They finally won Best Band award – not only at MAMA but Melon as well.

And any single produced, has driven the chart boards up the wall.

Hence, Momo could understand why they could not get in touch.

I hope they’re eating and sleeping well, Momo said to herself. JYP is so vested in them now, I just hope they’re not being overworked and are taking care of their health.

But it was not true that Day6 did not get in touch with her through out the last year.

Whenever the band was in Tokyo for fanmeets, concerts or even interviews, Momo will receive 2 VIP tickets sent to her university address. Or a note telling her where they will be staying and for how long.

Yet, she never made good of any of those invites. Prefering to simply keeping the passes and notes safe together with her ever growing Day6 memorabilia.

“We’ve arrived,” Tae-kim announced breaking her melancholy.

“Come on, kaja,” Momo grinned, suddenly excited to be back home. It has been 6 months she visited her family and friends. And she was looking forward to some happy times at home.

Naoki decided to forgo tertiary education and work full time at the resort while Yuki got married to a local pharmacist and lived near her hostel.

“I used to work here part time when I was in high school,” Momo smiled and led her guests into the club house.

As they entered a familiar song was playing on the airwaves.

“Ooh Day6,” said one of the female tourists.

“This is from their latest comeback. They just finished their year end concert a week ago,” Momo smiled.

Why are they playing their live performance, though, Momo thought as her trained ears caught the raw voices of the boys.

“Oh? Are you fan? I went to that concert. They were awesome!” one of the girls exclaimed.

“They are, aren’t they?” Momo gushed. She really loved it when someone knows Day6, which was not as difficult to find now as compared to before. “Yes, I’m a big fan.”

“She’s a saseang,” Sohyeun grinned.

“I am not,” Momo protested, laughing non the less.

“Ok, ok, just hardcore then,” Sohyeun said. “Momo-ssi listens to rock mostly. She loves all the korean bands, but Day6 is her ultimate favourite, of course.”

“They’ve grown really popular this year,” one of the tourists said. “They won Best Band at Mama, didn’t they?”

“Yes, they did,” Momo smiled softly like a proud mom, “at Melon’s too.”

“It’s because of that EveryDay6 project they did,” another girl said. “I got to know them at that time too.”

And they finally got what they deserved, she thought to herself, thinking of the hard work they had to put in at that time.

“Come, this way,” Momo said, wanting to cut the Day6 convo short, not trusting herself to contain the flood of feelings she gets, every time the boys were mentioned.

Tae-kim has gone ahead to collect the gears as the ladies led the small group in.

There was a crowd at the ski centre’s central court, leading to the gear counter.

“Wei? Why so crowded?” Momo asked, as Sohyeun pushed her and the others through the crowd.

The vibes at the normally busy foyer was slightly different this time. Although it was full, the crowd was hardly moving, only excitedly focusing towards the inner resort area.

Suddenly, Momo’s skin crawled, as it hit her.

The resort was not playing Day6’s live perfomances on their sound system.

Day6 was literally performing live at the resort at their centre stage.

As they made their way through the crowd, the boys were just finishing a Korean song.

“Arigato gozaimasu, thank you, kamsahamnida,” Sungjin’s familiar voice called out, as Momo’s eyes widened as they made it through the clearing.

And her jaw dropped at the sight of her boys on stage.

It was them. Really them.

With their acoustic instruments in the hands.

She stared at Sungjin as he spoke to the audience. Then, his eyes slowly and calmly made their to meet hers. It was as if he was expecting her already.

“You’ve ben a wonderful crowd,” Sungjin addressed the crowd again, yet smiling straight at Momo.

Yet she could only stare back in disbelief. She could hardly hear his words, nor Sohyeun ’s gleeful clap and cheer, as her ears started to buzz.

“We’d like to sing you our second Japanese single, the last one in from our our Unlock album. Sing along if you can, ya. It’s called, ‘Baby It’s OK!’”

At his intro beat on the cajun, Momo turned to the centre at the grinning Dowoon, as if he was privy to some secret she did not know, before her head was virtually pulled towards Wonpil as the keyboardist started the opening lines of the Japanese single.

As the sweet man flashed an eager smile at her, it took all of her resolve not to break down in the middle of the floor.

By this time, the crowd was already singing along to the Japanese track.

As the next verse came on, her eyes moved to the left as Jae started to sing his lines.

The normally aloof American too was smiling like there was no tomorrow. Making her smile in return.

Then her eyes went back to the leader as Sungjin started with the chorus.

At that time, Momo was not even conscious of her surroundings, emotions, whatsoever.

Her mind was simply screaming – they’re here, they’re here, they’re here!

And as her mind screamed, the crowd did too when came the second part of the chorus, Day6’s handsome bassist jumped off the stage, straight into the crowd.

As they were playing acoustics, so  the bass was not needed.

Hence, with just a microphone in his hand, Young K slowly walked through the parting crowd, straight towards the gaping mouthed Momo, like a beast going for his prey.

“Let me be your love uketotte; Touzen da yo kimi nara

Baby it’s okay from now on; I’ll always be here for you

(Let me be your love, please accept it; If it’s you - that's how it's supposed to be

Baby it’s okay, from now on; I want you to be happy)”

Momo did not know how her cheeks got wet with tears. She was both surprised and overwhelmed, with her chest almost bursting with love and longing, especially for the man who was finally in front of her.

The one she avoided making eye contact with at all cost. Until she had no choice but to look straight into it.

“Hi, anyeoung,” Young K greeted her sans mic, while the boys continued with the song.

“Anyeoung,” Momo squeeked.

“Your one year is up,” he announced.

“What?” She asked stupidly.

“I said, your one year is up,” Young K had to almost shout the words above the loud music. “We even gave a few months more as buffer.”

“Owh..?”

“We’re here to bring you home.”

Young K leaned sideways to let her get a good view of the boys.

The boys were still performing, but they each waved at her none the less, while the crowd caught on with what was happening and simply went crazy with their cameras.

As if on cue, Naoki lowered the sound system down, just so Young K need not shout anymore. Even the crowd went silent in anticipation,

Sohyeun too, together with their Korean tourists and a grinning empty handed Tae-kim.

“It’s a package deal, though. You don’t get just me, but the whole crazy bunch as well,” Young K grinned, nodding towards his brothers.

Momo laughed, amidst her tears.

“I wouldn’t want it any other way,” Momo replied.

“Yeah, that’s what Piri said,” Young K smiled, yet scared to even touch her.

Like Momo, he has only dreamed of a day like this. The past 15 months have harder on him then he thought possible.

“So, you’re coming back?”

“I don’t think it’s wise, though,” Momo suddenly went subdued.

“So what? What’s wise these days,” Young K pleaded, cold sweat breaking out on his temples. He knew how hard headed Momo can be about these things, especially if she thought it was for the band’s best.

By this time, the boys have stopped playing, almost as apprehensive as Young K.

They have missed their cordi too damn much.

“Just come back, please. We don’t care how, when or where. But just end this silence thingy,” Young K almost pleaded.

She looked skeptical. She did not want her presence in their lives to disrupt their current winning streak.

But….

As she looked over at the boys, one at a time, remembering her special moments with them individually, her resolve wavered.

Like the crowd, they were all waiting with bated breath at Momo’s reply to Young K’s question.

And finally Momo looked up at the handsome tall man in front of her, now sporting the familiar blond hair she first found him with.

And she could not help but to smile.

“A smile? Is that a yes,” the beautiful rapper asked hopefully.

“It’s a maybe.”

“No!” he finally grabbed her upper arms, “say yes. Please say yes..!”

Momo could only stay silent and continued to stare up into his beautiful brown eyes.

Saying yes would be so easy, but…

Unable to stand the silence, Dowoon started to beat a steady staccato on hi cajun, hoping to help his hyung along.

“Say yes,” he started to chant in his deep voice. “Say yes, say yes…”

Followed by the boys and the crowd even.

“Say yes, say yes…”

“Say yes, say yes…”

“Say yes, say yes…”

The chant was deafening til Momo admitted defeat

“Yes, yes,” she started laughing and crying at the same time, “all right, yes!”

And the crowd roared!

And finally Young K picked her up with a big twirl, giving in to a loud reliefed laugh, before ending it with a full on-the-mouth kiss.

 

 

***

 

They were all sitting having dinner together.

The boys, Momo, as well as Sohyeun and Tae-kim.

The four Korean guests were out about town, but the normally quiet hostel diner was now hustling and bustling with boarders of various nationalities. The hostel was doing much better now, and they could afford more staff to help with the cleaning and serving.

But the food was still lovingly prepared by Momo’s parents.

Earlier that afternoon, after Momo’s climatic agreement to Young K’s plea, the rest of the boys jumped off the stage and started a huge hug and crying fest.

And of course the impromptu display of affections were recorded and went viral instantaneously.

But because in the past year, most netizens and fans have been more open about their idols dating or having special people in their lives, most comments on the resort photos were positive.

“Kyaa... Cordi & Day6 back together again.”

“YK is too sweet on his CordiNoona.”

#cordiisme #sojelly

After that, they finished their busking session quickly and went back together to the Aihara Hostel, where the boys were staying since the night before.

“I thought you were never gonna come and get me,” Momo pouted uncharacteristically, as the boys busily tucked into Okasan’s good food.

“It’s been 15 months,” Momo continued.

Her months away from the boys somehow turned her into whiny girl that rivalled Wonpil.

“We made you sweat, didn’t we? Good! Serves you right,” Jae scolded. “That one-year-no-contact clause was uncalled for!”

They were all seated cross legged around the table over dinner. Momo was flanked by Young K and Wonpil, with Sohyeun and Tae-kim on Wonpil’s side, while Sungjin, Jae and Dowoon sat across them.

“Yeah, noona,” Dowoon, speaking with his mouth full. “That was quite cruel actually.”

Sungjin raised his eyebrows at Young K over Dowoon’s Noona-term for Momo, amusedly thinking of the fact that Dowoon was in actual fact, older than Momo.

With Momo not around for the boys to fawn over the past year, Dowoon assumed the position like he owned it and had turned out pretty bratty along the way.

“Mian,” Momo apologised, “I thought it would be best for us.”

“Well, you thought wrong,” Wonpil said. “But we’re willing to forgive you, if you do what we say from now onwards.”

At Momo’s alarmed face, Sungjin felt compelled to intervene.

“The truth is, we waited for you to finish your exams,” the leader explained.

“You did?” she nearly cried at their thoughtfulness, again overwhelmed by the boys care towards her. “That’s just so thoughtful.”

“So anyways, we’re here to bring you back. Okasan and otosan and even onii-chan already said ok,” Sungjin said again.

“Ya! You talk as if they’re your family,” Young K half shouted at his leader, feeling like his territory was infringed.

“Aren’t they?” the Busan namja shrugged. “If Momo’s our family, so are her parents, brother and all, right?”

It was rare for Sungjin to be clingy, no matter how low keyed. But like the others, he missed her too.

“So, since you’re waiting for your Foundation results and all, we figured it’s the best time for you to come back to Seoul and start looking at the colleges there.”

“But I’ve enrolled for my first year in Tokyo.”

“No you haven’t,” Jae said with a deadpan face.

“How would you know that?”

“We know.”

“Well, I can’t just leave like that,” Momo argued, “it won’t be fair to my friends at college.”

She does not really know why she was arguing with the boys.

She was literally on edge, waiting for the day they would come and get her.

Yet, their high handed ways currently, was slowly riling her up.

She almost forgot how possessive and presumptious they could be with her.

Not only Young K but all of them combined.

She was glad Cordi Kim and Manager Choi decided not to come along on this trip, or it would have been seven against one.

“But you don’t have that many friends,” Dowoon replied.

“I do too!” Momo frowned. “I could have a boy friend too, for all you know.”

“No, you don’t,” Young K said nonchalantly.

“Haah! So confident, are we?”

“I am,” he turned to look at her, slowly putting his chopsticks down and stopped eating.

“You don’t have that many friends to begin with. Too busy with your studies and business. God knows when you eat,” Young K scowled. “Never one to slow down and take a breath.”

“Like you should talk,” Momo huffed. “Working and travelling non stop. Jae is almost skin and bones. And you want to ask me if I eat or not? Have you guys been eating at all?”

“I have,” Young K grinned, enjoying the banter. He missed his Mochi so much that he was willing to accept her, wrath and all.

He was awkwardly yet diligently eating everything in sight with his left hand. His right possessively holding Momo’s under the table - happy they all together again.

“You sir, stress eat,” she snapped, slapping his tummy as she did. “Which means that you’re the worse of the lot.”

“Hey, that’s a six pack in the making you just hit,” Young K argued.

“Yeah, Mo, you don’t ever do anything apart from studying and your guide job,” Jae started scolding her again.

“Anyways, how do you know I don’t have many friends, or that I’ve working or studying?” Momo asked, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. “Have you guys been stalking me?”

“Of course,” Dowoon grinned. “You’re not the only one stalking us, ‘pirikunoona’.”

“Oh my god,” Momo gasped at the mention of her twitter handle. “How did you find out?”

“We’re resourceful,” Dowoon laughed. “Stalking works both ways, you know?”

She threw an evil eye at him, especially the relaxed way the boys were behaving.

Here she was thinking they have forgotten her totally this past year. Yet, they seem to know more about her and she knew about them.

“Oh yes, by the way,” Sungjin interrupted her thoughts. “We’ve been meaning to ask you about that? Why Pils? Why not any of us? As your ID, I mean.”

“That’s cos she loves me the most,” an unwanted rationale came from Wonpil.

“In you dreams,” Dowoon stuck his tongue out.

Sohyeun and Tae-kim were enjoying the show completely.

They knew what a total fan Momo was on the boys, but this was their first time realising that Momo’s obsession with the boys were nothing compred to the boys’ obsession with her.

Even Young K’s claim on Momo was ignored, judging from how the boys were fighting for top spot in their former Cordi’s eyes.

And it was the cutest show on earth for Sohyeun and Tae-kim at the moment.

“That’s ok, Dowoon,” Jae placated his maknae. “Pil’s been friend-zoned big time with that name, so there’s higher chances for us.”

“Ya!” Young K shouted for the second time. “Are you still harbouring hopes for Mo?”

“No, I’m not,” Jae lied, red in the face.

“Yes, you are, dont lie,” Young K glared at him. “Grow up, man! Go find yourself your own woman, or something.”

By this time, Wonpil decided to stand up for himself, while Sungjin as usual decided to ignore the whole argument and concentrated on the food instead.

Momo went red but rolled her eyes regardless. Knowing that banter line can go on and on.

Sohyeun leaned backwards and tapped Momo from behind Wonpil.

“Are they always like this with you?” she mouthed, in amusement.

Momo simply made a peeved face and nodded.

“They’re so cute,” she gushed silently. “I never knew they were like this.”

Momo was hardly paying attention to the boys’ puppy fight until she heard a tell-tale line.

And she gasped for the second time that evening.

“Did you do something to Katsu-kun?” Momo thought of the one friend she used to have at the university. One who has been avoiding her lately. “Is that why he’s been staying away from me?”

The bicker died until Wonpil said seriously, somewhat confirming her accusation.

“He’s not good for you Momo-chan.”

“Yeah, he’s not even half as good looking and smart as me,” Young K scowled again. “What were you thinking about?”

“Oh my god, you have been stalking me!”

“Well, you said no contact with you for a year,” Young K shrugged. “We didn’t contact you, we just watched you from afar.”

“Yeah, you never even use any of the tickets we sent you. It was VIP treatment with backstage pass and all,“ Dowoon pouted. “Yet, you sat in the upper decks like an old lady.”

“But how? You know too many things. How..?”

She looked around the table.

All head suddenly bowed studiously over their respective food.

Including Sohyeun ’s and Tae-kim’s.

Momo’s eyes and mouth opened in sudden realisation.

“Sohyeun -unni…!” Momo looked towards her partner with accusing eyes. “And Tae-kim ssi!”

“I’m sorry Momo,” Sohyeun owned up, not able to keep the secret to herself anymore.

“You sent them to spy on me?” she shrieked at Young K, making the other guests look towards them.

“Shhhh…” Young K tried to sooth her. “Not to spy on you, just to watch over you.”
He tried to explain.

“Oh my god. That’s terrible of you! I feel so violated,” Momo gasped again, taking her hand out of Young K’s.

“Mochi….”

“Momo-chan… we didn’t mean anything bad about it,” Sungjin came to help, “we just wanted to make sure you’re safe and all.”

“I thought you were my friends,” Momo looked towards Sohyeun and Tae-kim again. “That we clicked.”

“We did, we did,” Sohyeun have never felt so guilty in her life. She scooted over from her seat to kneel in front of Momo. “I’m so sorry Momo-chan. Please forgive us. We didn’t mean you any harm.”

“It’s our fault. We send them to you,” Jae said. “If you want to be angry... it’s us, not them.”

“I’m just so upset, that I don’t even think angry is the right word at the moment,” Momo glared at Jae. “In fact, disappointed is more appropriate. You didn’t trust me. Instead you just watched me and probably happily knowing how bad I was without you guys the past year and all. That’s just not fair.”

By this time, even Dowoon has scooted over to her side. Both him and Wonpil pulling at her hand to seek forgiveness.

But all words were lost on Momo.

And Young K could only watch from the side, feeling totally helpless as he did not foresee how upset Momo would be once she knew the truth.

Despite their heartwarming intention, Momo was clearly very upset.

“Momo-chan, the boys may have sent us to you initially, but we swear… as time went by, we loved you sincerely,” Sohyeun explained. “But as much as you say you were in a bad state, the boys were just as miserable as well. We snucked them to see you after every concert. We would tell them of your where abouts for the day. That’s the only way they can keep Brian-ssi from going crazy this past year.”

“Every day??” Momo looked at the boys again. “That’s terrible, you guys not only spied on me from afar, but you actually sent a mole to live with me.”

“We’re sorry, but it wasn’t fair for you to tell us not to see or talk to you either,”Jae scolded. “You only told this dude here. You didn’t even see it fit to tell us personally. We know Brian is your favourite and all, but we thought we were equally just as special to you. So, as much as we were not fair to you, you started by not being fair to us first.”

Wow, this guy is good, Sungjin thought, recognising Jae’s reverse psychology approach immediately. I should have said that.

Momo went quiet, knowing what Jae said was true.

While it was true that Young K will always be her special one, the other Day6 boys were equally important as well.

And the way they reacted to her leaving, proved that she was just as important to them as well.

“Mian. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have made that rule. I seriously thought it was for the best. Please forgive me,” she looked down on her lap.

“You’re forgiven,” Wonpil smiled, butting his head affectionately against her shoulder, “but only if you’ll forgive us too.”

“How can I not forgive you,” Momo accepted defeat, her eyes misting as she fondly looked at the keyboardist. “I miss you guys so much. It was so lonely without all of you.”

“Well, if it makes you feel better, the feelings are mutual,” Jae smiled and soften his tone. “Especially to that stress eater over there.’

Nodding towards the still quiet Young K.

“At the very least come back and make him liveable again. He’s been a pain to be around with at times.”

Young K smiled at Jae’s words.

Finally, Momo looked at the subdued Young K.

Guessing the turmoil in his sensitive heart and mind.

At long last Momo smiled, took Young K’s hand in hers again and looked around the table at all the faces she missed and adored.

“I’m sorry for losing it just now. It’s just the stress of not being with all of you and waiting the last 3 months. Thank you again for coming to bring me home. Let’s really plan my return together, neh?”

And a loud roar of approval and happiness shook the little diner and overall hostel, making Momo laughed in happiness.

And belatedly, she said, “Mina-san, okairi.”

Returning her smile, the boys answered in unison, “Tadaima.”

 

***

“Hayaku, get in,” Momo whispered urgently from behind her sliding door.

Young K stumbled into her darken room from the balcony at her sharp pull.

Despite being at the hostel numerous times before, this is the first time ever that he has been invited, or forced rather, into Momo’s bedroom.

And his heart was squealing like a school boy’s.

“You’re sneaking me into your room?” he asked in stunned yet excited anticipation.

“Shhh…”

The others were all boistering around in a games room Momo set up six months ago. After being with boys previously, she understood how important games, in door recreation and wi-fi were to young guests.

“I just wanted to show you this,” Momo explained groping for a small light switch behind her bedside table.

“Your fluffy bed?” Young K supplied cheekily.

“Close but not close enough,” she smirked.

The lights went on, not the main fluorescent, but strands of fairy lights that littered her bedroom ceiling and soft yellow spotlights that highlighted certain corners of the room.

“Wow!” Young K gaped at Momo’s room décor which could be akin to a shrine to Day6. “Should I feel scared?”

“Out, out then,” Momo scolded him, trying to push him out the balcony door, miffed that he could make fun of her hardwork.

Young K laughed catching he flailing hands as she shoved him.

He turned Momo towards her shrine, pulling her close and hugging her from behind, looking at the posters on the wall, the miniature musical instruments lining the bookshelves, the CD collection arranged according to dates of releases, the Day6 lightband with its accompanying straps framed behind it, acrilyc standees and many more. She even had the Day6 dolls hung above her bed’s head board.

“You really missed us, huh?” he asked her wistfully, only imagining how lonely she was the past year plus.

“Uhuh.”

“I don’t have to tell you how I have missed you, right?” Young K said, thinking back of his own loneliness despite his hectic and loud times with the boys.

She shook her head.

“Gomene,” she said, turning slightly upward to tell him.

“For imposing that stupid rule?”

“Uhuh.”

“Like Jae said, serves you right.”

“Mian.”

“Ok, I won’t berate you anymore. You’ve suffered enough,” he scolded her one last time, yet kissing the top of her head to soften his words.

She nodded like a forlorn puppy.

“But you did grow, didn’t you?”

“I guess,” thinking of how she used her free time to study and carry on with her business to ward the lonliness away. “I just had this insane need to be successful and make you proud of me.”

“Well, you have. We’re all proud of you. We followed you every step of the way, as you’ve known by now.”

He turned her around, smiling his sweet smile.

She has forgotten just how beautiful her Brian-san was in person.

“I missed you… so so much,” he devoured her cute face, brushing her china doll hair away from her cheeks. “Each time we sneak to look at you at your university, was more hell than otherwise for me.”

“I miss you so much too,” Momo confessed, finally wrapping her arms around his waist.

In return, Young K enveloped her in his, finally knew he was home.

“You’ve lost so much weight,” Young K frowned on top of her head.

“So have you,” Momo murmured his chest, acknowledging his slight hard frame despite stress eating.

“Well, we had to fend for ourselves. And that maknae always take my food portion.”

“It’s for the good though, no?” she laughed softly. “The fans were grumbling you were putting on too much weight before.”

“I was just well-loved back then, they were just jealous,” he grinned.

She sniggered.

“So, you’ll really come back with us? We still have our year-end events to attend.”

“I have to see my sched.”

“You’ll be free til next April. Don’t make excuses. Even then, your next semester may very well be in Seoul.”

“My tour groups will be coming in for winter.”

“You’ve got Tae-kim and Sohyeun to cover you. They can hire part timers if need be.”

“I have to think it through.”

“Ok, we’ll do do that while you spend your holiday at JYPE, ok?”

“Arasso arasso,” she concurred before softly adding later, “I’m so glad you’re here.”

“I’m glad I’m here,” Young K smiled and squeezed her gently. “By the way, the dating ban’s off.”

“I know,” she giggled. “Sungjin-oppa seemed to be having fun.”

It was an open secret but My Days are slowly accepting that thei boys will slowly start to date, starting with the leader himself.

“We’ll have fun too.”

“We’ve always had fun together, officially dating or not.”

“True that?” Young K smiled again. “I’m so looking forward to many more, then.”

Momo simply smiled, reminiscing of their old times together.

She stared at him for the longest time and cupped one of his cheeks, simply trying to reassure herself that he was real.

“I love you,” she whispered.

“I love you too,” her handsome rapper replied.

And slowly lowering his head towards hers, sealing their declaration with a resounding kiss.

With a song slowly forming in his head.

Momo and her whole existence will be Brian’s ultimate love song yet.

 

 

~FIN~

(Thank you so much for reading xxooxx)