Chapter 28

Brian's Song

Chapter 28

 

“I want to make you smile again; I want to cry for you; I want to hurt instead of you; I don’t want any scars in your heart; Ever again – When You Love Someone”

 

A whole month flew by like the wind.

Everyone put in their full force behind the project.

Manager Choi, Momo and the boys hardly slept, trying to get everything into place.

Manager Choi kept telling Momo, he was glad his wife was not in the project at this stage. It would have been harmful to the baby’s health. Indirectly telling her how glad he was that Momo was at hand to help him.

Noone ever question her lack of qualifications or how young she was.

With her efficiency, everyone at JYPE welcomed her assistance with no qualms.

Her visa was done, yet Manager Choi kept mum about it, fearing her request resign again.

Nor did Momo brought the matter up herself.

Her interactions with Young K alternated between cordial and cold, but with Momo herself ultra busy and the boys often locked up in the studio or practice room, time between them were fortunately few.

So, even if she did not want to admit it, Momo was enjoying being part of the project and was glad to be around to ensure that at the very least, the boys stayed healthy and well fed.

 

***

 

“Where is she?” Jae asked as he burst into the dorm.

Dowoon went straight to switch the TV on to a YouTube connection.

“I’ll get her,” Wonpil said, before Young K could say anything. “Momo, Momo-chan.”

Why are these dudes acting like she belonged to them, calling her so informally, Young K frowned.

“Neh…!” The subject in question ran out of her room.

She did not go out with them that day, seeing that they just went for a meeting with JYP.

“Momo-chan,” Wonpil said excitedly, pulling her by the hand, “kaja.”

Again irking Young K to the max.

“What is it?” Momo smiled at Wonpil’s boyish grin.

“It’s the day!”

“The day?”

“Yes, 6th of the month.”

Of course Momo knew what day it was, and its significance.

She was actually sitting on her bed, glued to her phone, waiting anxiously for the video to come out.

JYPE has been releasing 3 second teasers for the past few days.

And like a true fangirl, she watched every one of them.

And like all other fans, she has not seen the actual whole video despite having every opportunity to, at JYPE.

So like the other Day6 fans, she was eagerly waiting for 12 noon, for the official online album and music video to be released.

However, she did not think the boys wanted to witness their historic moment together with her.

Did not think they would come back to the apartment from JYPE, just to be with her.

And because of that, if they have not already resided firmly in her heart, they were making sure that the stay remained permanent.

“Aah…Momo-ssi,” Sungjin called out excitely, patting the empty seat beside him on the sofa.

Dowoon has managed to turn the TV and connection on, and was sitting on the floor with Jae and Young K.

While Wonpil plonked himself happily beside her and Sungjin.

At sharp 12 noon Korean time, Day6’s first ever for digital album for their Every Day6 Project, was released, and the ‘Ah Wei’ video aired on the JYPE Official Youtube channel.

A fast alternative rock number as Momo suggested.

Even the video was treated with wild psychedelic effect, a lot different from Day6 earlier singles.

While everyone had their eyes glued to the TV, Young K had his on Momo.

Her face was animated like a Christmas tree, going ‘ooh aah’ at the right moments in the video.

She alternated between dropping her jaw in awe or clamping it gleefully with her hands.

Her head bobbed at the fast beat of the song and face flushed with pure adrenalin rush.

And at the end of the song, she squeeled like a true fangirl, and threw a hug over Wonpil, making the latter blushed like a teenager.

Young K grinned at her happy face, the first really happy expression he has seen on her since they reconnected. He was so glad to see her so joyful that he was not even jealous of her hugging Wonpil.

He was glad that, at least, his band as a whole managed to bring her happiness again.

The teasers succeeded in getting the viewers interested, and like Day6 and Momo in the room, listeners from all around the world eagerly anticipated the release as well.

The Youtube Like button counter went up like crazy as soon as the video aired; and once finished, the reviews came in fast and furious.

While waiting for the reaction and colour coded videos to come in, Dowoon switched to iTunes and downloaded their second single – Goodbye Winter, and put it on.

As Momo heard the opening strains, she recognised it immediately.

And this time, she actually understood its meaning.

 

That day that brings out memories which I cannot forget

That day was like a warm dream in the middle of the winter

We left behind a warmth above the bench in front of the house

Disappears without a sound

Good bye, Since yesterday, I

You were frozen in me

Just like that, Never let go, Never let go ah

Till when, You were forever within me

Gotta let go, Gotta let go ah

You were here, Winter is gone

 

When the song finished, she suddenly noticed Dowoon handing her a tissue.

“Good, yes?”

She did not realise tears has streamed down her face, flooding her cheeks and chin.

She could only nod as she wiped her tears away.

This time, Young K has his head bowed down, trying to control his wrecking emotions.

Gone was the happy Momo, instead the song he once sang to her in her parents’ basement has now brought tears to her eyes, and her heart most definitely.

He wrote the lyrics with her and his experiences in Hakuba in mind.

Almost predicting the future feelings he would have once he left.

But listening to it now and having Momo in front of him brought out a riot of emotions he just could not explain.

He really wanted to leave her behind him, her warm friendship and comfortable conversations, her family’s kindness and innocence, her hopes and dreams.

He thought he could do it.

It would have been for her best anyways.

Til he saw her at the bookstore that day.

Til he brought her home.

Til he saw her tears.

They became his undoing.

And he knew this time, he would keep her with him, whatever the consequences.

 

 

Foxi's Notes - No notes this time, just sharing some vids :) 

The groundbreaking I Wait MV (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3nFopIjmjI)

Accoustic version of Goodbye Winter as how YK would have sung it to Momo in the basement (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRpiT9hgKXk) Note also the lady with the camera. Functions that some idol cordi noonas have to perform, like Momo :)