Chapter 31

Brian's Song

Chapter 31

 

“Though I want to hate you; I hate you more because I can’t hate you – I Loved You”

 

It was quite an experience for Momo at Inkigayo.

She really did not know what to expect.

Certainly not the mad rush behind the scene.

But after experiences at their monthy concerts and live talk shows, Momo was getting the hang of preparing idols for Korean music shows.

Now that the boys were making regular public appearances, Momo has the added responsibility of coordinating their outfits as well.

The boys will get their make up and hair done at their in-house styling centre, but Momo will be in charge of getting their clothes ready and matched well.

Momo was no fashionista, so she has to get on-the-spot phone tuttelege from Cordi Kim.

However at times, her teenage fashion sense do take charge.

 

“Piri-kun, mate.”

“Mwo?”

“Your outfit seems empty.”

“Does it?”

“Hmm… wait,” Momo rummaged through the jewellery box for something dressy.

She found a black pearl pendant but there were no chain to be found.

So, she pulled out the black ribbon from her hair and and quickly loop the pendant into its middle and tied it around Wonpil’s neck.

“Go, kaja.”

“Neh, see ya.”

 

***

 

Day6 put up an excellent performance.

They sang ‘I’m Serious’, their fourth single for the year.

The song was riding high on both the local and international charts, and was one of the highest downloads on iTunes in 40 countries for the month of April.

Because it was among the top 10 for the month, Day6 was slotted to peformed towards the end of the show with other top performers and veterans like Skechskies, G Dragon and IU.

After they finished their taping session the boys trooped in happily into their dressing room.

It will be another hour before they have to go on stage again for the joint finale and good byes.

Jae and Wonpil went straight for the chairs at the dressing table where their phones were charging while Dowoon took a lone arm chair and Sungjin plonked at one end of the sofa.

Momo followed closely behind, putting the cosmetic bag away on a nearby table.

Manager Choi has gone to the smoking room for his much needed puff.

“Come, Momo-chan, take a break,” Dowoon called out to her in his deep voice. “Come sit and rest.”

“I’m ok,” Momo smiled, happy to see the boys in high spirits.

“Aww, come on,” Dowoon invited her again. “Put your feet up for awhile.”

Momo laughed and complied, sitting at the other end of the sofa from Sungjin.

Momo looked around, wondering where Young K was.

She was surprised to find herself in her own bed that morning, and had little doubt that Young K had carried her there.

She blushed at the thought of him finding her asleep beside him on the floor.

Gosh, she hit herself on the head mentally, how could you be so careless like that!

But due to their non-stop activities that day, she did not have to time to mull over the incident much.

Until she saw Young K coming into the dressing room with a huge smile on his face.

He came straight to the sofa seeing there were no other seats left for him to take, and sat in between Sungjin and Momo.

Momo could have sworn he could hear her heart jumping out of her rib cage, at how close he was sitting next to her.

“Hyung, where did you go?” Dowoon asked with his cute face.

“To the gents,” Young K grinned. “Too nervous earlier, I forgot to pee.”

“Dude, you just made me want to go too,” Sungjin laughed and bounced out of his seat and rushed to the door.

Young K smiled and leaned his head behind him.

“How much time do we have til the finale?” he asked closing his eyes, the stress and excitement of their earlier performance slowly dissipating.

“About an hour.”

“Yeah? Ok, cool.”

Young K tried to make himself comfortable to get some 40 winks, albeit failing with his lanky frame.

Suddenly, without warning, he grunted and turned abruptly to stretch his entire body along the three seater sofa and land his head upon Momo’s lap.

“Wake me when it’s time to get ready, will ya?” he murmured, turning his face side ways to get comfortable.

For a long while, Momo actually forgot to breath.

When she remembered the mechanics of getting some air into her lungs, she looked up helplessly towards Dowoon who was right across her.

He looked as surprised as she felt.

But after a short impasse, he grinned and shrugged his shoulders.

 

***

 

“Young K-ssi,” Momo said

It was only the two of them since the others have left for the make up room.

They knew Young K has been staying up working lately.

So, the others went ahead and told Momo to let him sleep slightly more.

“Young K-ssi, wake up.”

He remained still.

“Young K,” she tried again.

He stirred.

But still did not wake up.

Instead, he turned in his reclining position from facing outwards to towards her body.

Snuggling his face into her warm belly.

Momo knew he was already awake and aware of his actions.

Obviously, playing with her again.

She was getting weary of this hot and cold game between them.

With their heavy schedule, it was probably best if she could be cordial with him.

“Young K-ssi.”

Again he ignored her.

“Brian-san.”

At her last call, he turned right side up and stared right up at her.

Questioning her with his eyes of her actions the night before.

But she only stared back.

Silent call for truce in her eyes.

An eternity seemed to pass between them.

Momo cleared .

“Time for touch up,” she said. “The others have all gone to the next room.”

Ignoring her and without control, Young K reached his hand upwards towards her head.

Wanting to pull it down until her red lips touched his. Like how he wanted to that morning.

“Hey Hyung,” Dowoon barged into the scene.

Making Young K sit up almost immediately and moved as far away from Momo as the sofa would allow.

Dowoon cocked his head, as surprised as he was before at Young K’s actions.

“Ohh mian, it’s nearly time,” he said, for having nothing better to say.

And quickly left the room.

 

 

Foxi’s Notes – The fans are crazy over Wonpil’s choker, I have no freakin idea why, but they are.

But with or without the choker, Kim Wonpil is a total sweetheart. Here’s just a snippet of Day6 wannabe maknae https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3AgaJQi_AY

& Dowoonie... he's such an innocent cutie, nuff saud. Here’s a look at Day6’s real maknae https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uo9BkyQtUg