Chapter 49

Brian's Song

Chapter 49

 

It was a really hard day today; My heart aches for you - When You Love Someone”

 

It was a few days since they came back.

And they have been facing the repercussions from the Despatch release.

Manager Choi confronted the online media house to know where they got the pictures from, but of course the Despatch editors kept mum about it.

JYPE even contemplated on filing for damages and reporting the pictures as fake, but they knew the process would be an arduous one, and Day6 could not afford to spend too much money, or time, on messy court cases.

So, they just braved the attacks, both online and offline, from both the fans and media.

The Day6 sasaeng fans were the worse, of course, camping out just beyond the JYPE vicinity to show their discontent.

Angry chants and placards were rife, from morning to night, regardless of the extremely cold weather.

But because of their undying devotion for Young K, their anger was directed towards the infamous cordi-noona instead. The foreigner who dared to make advances towards their beloved rapper and all around wonder boy.

Their voice asking for her dismissal were loud and clear.

But like Dowoon once said, you know you have made it in the industry by the number of sasaeng fans you have.

And if the crowd outside the JYPE building was any indication, the number seemed to be huge.

The incident was also begetting them new listeners and fans, as well as higher viewership on the social media.

Because of the scandal and all its related media coverage, Day6 was getting more and more attention.

Their old albums were selling like hotcakes and the new yet to be released one, was getting an order list that rivalled the great wall of China.

But Young K, as expected has retreated into his shell. The fans’ rage directed towards his darling Momo was getting him down. Like the attack by Don earlier, he knew Momo was receiving the brunt of the backlash on his behalf.

He was also truly missing her, even if they did see each other every day at the studio.

Not having her in his home, felt strange.

So much so that at some nights, Young K would sneak out to the Choi’s residence and spend the night on their sofa.

The Chois did not mind him doing that, but they were afraid that the sasaengs or his stalker were following him around to know he was sneaking out to see Momo.

They have all been wrecking their brains trying to think of possible suspects.

Everyone they meet in the JYPE corridors, practice rooms or any of their meetings, were looked upon with suspicious eyes.

The boys scolded Young K for not sharing the mails with them earlier.

“I didn’t want to drag you guys in all these,” he explained.

“You’re our brother, Brian. Anything that befall you, will affect us too,” Sungjin said. “We’re in this together.”

So, now together, they increased the look out for the Love Motel guy.

 

***

 

It was 3 in the afternoon and Momo was rushing through the JYPE corridors, looking more harried than usual.

Only to be caught by the waist and dragged into an empty dance studio.

Before she could struggle and scream, she was turned around and pushed against the double doors… for a pair of warm lips to descend upon hers.

Some long and breathless minutes later, Young K pulled back to grin at her.

Image result for youngk, brian

“God, I missed you.”

“We met at dinner last night,” Momo smiled, her hair ily dishevelled by her lover boy’s ministrations. The boys had an early morning meeting with their music arrangers and did not have their usual breakfast with Momo.

Now, looking lovingly up at him, she asked, “Have you eaten? Did you take your vitamins.”

Momo’s fussing over the boys have been extreme lately.

She had all their food either personally prepared at the Chois or ordered from a trusted caterer. She also insisted the boys take their vitamins, as well as drink more juice and water instead of coffee.

Their finale were only weeks away, and she wanted the boys to stay healthy with the strenuous timetable thay have to adhere to.

“Yes, I have, Omma,” Young K chided her playfully, devouring her with his eyes. “So, where are you off too?”

“To our meeting.”

“It won't be in another hour.”

“That's ok, I need to do some stuff while I wait.”

“What stuff?”

“Stuff.”

Young k narrowed his eyes.

“Come, let's grab some coffee and you can tell me what this stuff is,” he said as he dragged Momo to the nearest office pantry. He was on practice break and was searching for sustenance, before he saw Momo around the corner earlier.

Having her in his arms, somehow managed to appease a different type of hunger he has been having.

“So, shoot,” Young K said, once they sat down at the table.

Two isotonic bottles in front of them instead of coffee cups.

“It's nothing,” Momo shrugged, dismissing his querying eyes.

“Mochi...”

“I was just gonna continue voting,” she mumbled in a low voice.

“Voting?”

“You know, for MAMA.”

Mochi was talking about one of Korea’s most prestigious music award ceremonies.

“You're voting for us?”

“Of course. Who else?”

“How many votes do you do a day?”

“Only about 280.”

“280??? How many accounts are you using?”

“About 40.”

“Gawd.”

He stared at her.

280 votes a day was no joke. Especially for a girl who was always on her feet, working.

Again, Momo’s dedication for them, pierced his heart.

“You don't have to do this you know,” he said softly, taking her hand across the table in his.

But he knew exactly why she was doing it.

She wanted to get their ratings up, to counter the backlash they have been receiving.

Momo was hoping winning the Best Band award can prove Day6 strength in the industry.

Despite any scandals or negative publicities.

And his heart swelled with love and appreciation.

“Of course, I do… and we’re leading big time,” Momo grinned, lighting her otherwise tired face automatically. “We’ve got lots of new listeners because of this silly scandal. But while they may discover you through the gossip, they’re staying because of your music. There’s been increase in your old albums sales too!”

Young K could not have seen a more beautiful face than her animated one at that moment.

“Mo, please be kind to me,” Young K said softy, after a long while.

“Eh?”

“You're just too beautiful. My heart can't take it.”

How can I make through the days with us being separated, if you keep playing my heart like this, he added silently.

And with that, Young K got up from his seat and slowly bent forward to place his lips upon hers again.

Gently this time, conveying his love that cannot be expressed with mere words.

Food be damned, Momo was all the nourishment he needed to stay healthy.

 

 

Foxi's Notes - I've been listening to JK pop since forever. But only after 30 odd years later & thanks to Day6, this is my first ever full fledged fangirl experience. This includes waiting for their next release with bated breath, buying every single CDs they ever produce, going to their concert/fanmeet if the time, chance (& hubby) permits, watching any fanmade YT MVs that feature them or their songs, enjoying all the fancams ever shared, watching every single Kshow appearance they appear on & much much more - as well as voting for them on any awards show or the likes. Thanks to my daughter, I now own multiple SM accounts that I use to vote for them... ha ha ... Momo's MAMA voting experience is literally mine :D