Chapter 43

Brian's Song

Chapter 43

“I hate that the sunlight, Is trying to separate us … Stay safe under the blanket, It’s too dangerous outside; Today, be lazy – Be Lazy”

 

“When are we leaving Toronto?”

“In three days,” Young K answered, “Why?”

He came by Momo’s room to say goodnight.

The Toronto boys were taking Day6 out for the night.

To celebrate their second and final very well received fanmeet.

Momo and the Chois opted out.

“Nothing. Just keeping track of the sched,” Momo shrugged.

“You have the sched,” Young K frowned slightly, knowing something was amiss.

“Yeah, I forgot.”

Young k looked at her quizzically, thinking of how odd she was behaving.

“We’re doing the Niagara heli tour tomorrow, remember?”

“Yes, I remember,” Momo smiled.

The Chois, Momo and the boys were staying an extra two days in Toronto while the rest of the crew will fly back the next day.

It was a repeat of their KCon Japan Outing, simply a treat and a short break for all of them, especially given the fact that they were in Young K’s home ground.

In fact, the boys and Momo were so excited for the Niagara Tour when Manager Choi allowed them to put it in their holiday itinerary.

“I thought you have done all that.”

“Not in a heli, and not with you guys,” Young K said simply, giving her a happy smile. “So, it’ll be fun doing it together, yeah?”

She nodded and returned his smile, pushing any negative thoughts away for his benefit.

But one nagging thought refused to leave her.

“Brian-san, you know, when we go back to Seoul…” Momo started, “let’s talk about what will happen after your final Every Day6 concert, neh?”

“Why?”

Young K frowned, despite him knowing it was inevitable.

“Why?” Momo repeated the question, before slowly answering, “I need to plan my life. My future.”

“With or without me?”

“I’m not sure yet,” Momo looked up at Young K with open uncertainty in her eyes. “Maybe you can help me decide.”

Young K slumped.

Yet understanding Momo’s predicament, and feeling guilty for putting off thinking about her long term well being.

Like Jae said, he was a prick, always a selfish bastard where Momo was concerned.

“Ok, I get it,” he concurred at last. “Let’s seriously think about it when we get home, yeah?”

“Thank you,” Momo smiled gratefully, giving Young K a quick warm hug. “Have fun tonight.”

 

***

 

Young K got drunk that night.

And insisted on going to Momo’s room.

He kept whining and throwing tantrums in their suite.

Since they could not let a drunken Young K loose in the corridor, Sungjin had no choice but to call Momo to them.

“Wei? What’s wrong?” she asked worriedly, once she got in.

“This boy here, insisted on saying good night,” Sungjin said.

“Mochi,” Young K slurred happily, sitting up from his semi reclining position in the arm chair.

Only Sungjin was still up. The others have all retired for the night.

“Ok, you’ve said your good night, now let Momo-chan sleep.”

“No, I need to talk to her,” he insisted and went to take her hand to lead her into his room.

Sungjin looked at him exasperatedly, and said to Momo.

“Why don’t you take my bed. I’ll sleep with Jae. He’s alone anyways.”

The suite had three bedrooms with Wonpil bunking in with Dowoon, Sungjin with Young K, and Jae alone.

Momo and the Chois had their separate rooms on the same floor, while the other crew members stayed at another cheaper hotel across the street.

“I’ll just stay with him til he sleeps. Then, I’ll go back to my room.”

“Ok, sure. Jalja.”

“Jaljayo, Sungjin-oppa.”

 

***

 

Momo woke up with Young K’s beautiful face staring at her.

“I can count how many times I wake up with you beside me,” he announced without so much of a good morning.

“Really?” Mom felt self conscious, wondering if there were booger in her eyes or whether her breath smelled, not to mention how disheveled her hair must be.

What happened last night, she asked herself.

Then she remembered having successfully coaxed Young K to bed, only to have him insisted she sang him to sleep.

I must have fallen asleep, she thought.

“Uhuh,” Young K nodded, breaking her reverie. “It’s been 4 times to be exact. The time you held my hand by the sofa, when you had your cramps and the night you told me you love me.”

“I told you ‘I loved you’?” Momo raised one eyebrow.

“Uhuh, and now this.” Young K’s hair was all over the place, with morning stubbles lining his perfect jaw. But instead of looking unkempt, he was the iest thing Momo could ever hope to see in the wee hours of the morning. He was reclining right beside her, his head propped by the elbow and one of his knees lodged between her legs.

“Ok…” Momo answered, not knowing what he was leading towards.

Discreetly, she tried to move her legs away from his.

How did they get there? Momo grimaced internally.

She remembered sitting on the floor beside his bed, singing an old Japanese lullaby.

And that was the last she remembered.

Obviously the imp woke up during the night and put her in bed.

His own.

Not the the empty one beside his, belonging to Sungjin.

“I don’t like it,” Young K declared, throwing his long leg over Momo’s shorter ones, knowing she was trying to get a way from him.

“You don’t?” Momo squeaked, feeling trapped but in a good way.

“Nope,” he shook his head, brushing Momo’s long hair away from her face, so he could admire it more.

He has been watching her sleep for a good half hour before she stirred.

She started to stretch before realising his presence, and stopped completely.

Her cute face turned red in obvious embarassment.

Which was quite endearing in Young K’s eyes.

It was a sight to behold, and he knew he would never tire from watching the scene if he was given the priviledge to.

Cute and y, with dishevelled hair and flushed cheeks, were definitely a lethal combo in his eyes.

“You don’t like waking up beside me?” Momo asked without thinking, somehow feeling a little upset with him.

“No, that I like,” Young K nodded in all seriousnes. “I just don’t like being able to count the times. Too few. The times I wake up next to you, should be countless.”

Momo was stunned momentarily before she smirked at that trite statement.

“Do you take external courses for these lines? Because I know JYPE don’t provide them?”

“Straight from the heart, girl, straight from the heart,” Young K thumped his chest

“Are you still drunk?”

“Uhuh,” he nodded again, “drunk on you.”

Young K gave an exagerated leer to accompany that cliched line, proving he was indeed sober.

He knew exactly what had happened the night before.

He could not enjoy the outing with his mates last night.

Instead, he was mulling over Momo’s parting words.

Why are everyone, Momo included, so eager to part them.

Yes, Momo was young and needed to start college.

She needed to move out of their dorm too.

He knew that.

But there were ways of solving things, that need not lead to them being separated, Young K argued.

So, after getting thoroughly drunk to drown his worry, Young K needed to see her when he got home, just to make sure she was still around.

Too many things to talk out with her, but he did not even know where to start.

She must have been so tired with work, that she knocked out before she could even finish the second verse of the lullaby.

At her even breathing, Young K opened his eyes to look at her, her presence washing away the alcohol from his system.

The fact that she repeated her chaste position on the floor like she once did in their apartment to keep him company in his sleep, made his heart swell yet again.

There were girls during their outing earlier. However, totally opposite from Momo, they kept busy fawning over him and his band. So much so, that by the end of the night, Young K was getting quite claustrophobic with their presence.

Unlike the girl whose head was resting by his hand at that moment.

I love this girl so much, he thought, looking down at Momo. How can I live without her?

Without finding a real solution, he once again picked her up, to tuck her into bed.

But this time, he put her in his own bed and got in beside her, before he himself fell into a contented slumber.

So that morning, when he woke up, he concentrate on enjoying that rare opportunity of having her in his bed and let her sleep on in his arms.

But now, at her sudden burst of laughter at his cliched words, Young K started to tickle her, reducing Momo further into a giggling mess.

It was either that, or to thoroughly kiss her, he thought.

Tickling was better.

He just did not trust himself if it was the latter.

But alas, he was only a weak boy in the eyes of beauty.

At Momo’s flushed happy face, he could not help but bend forward to gently place his lips on her her full red smiling ones.

And in the end, hugging and kissing her were the only natural finale to the session he could afford.

Talks of separation can be done later.