Chapter 37

Brian's Song

Chapter 37

 

“I feel good, baby, I feel great - Dance Dance”

 

“Aigoo, that boy is acting like a dog in heat,” JYP groaned.

It was early of the month and another new Day6 release was on.

As usual, the President wanted to be surprised with what the boys could create and did not vet through the work in progress.

So, like other fans, he saw the Dance Dance music video complete with English subtitles for the first time that day.

The video showcased the boys in their own backyard, goofing around and being comfortable in the studio and practice room.

Young K, as usual, lost himself in the semi bawdy song as they filmed it.

Manager-nim laughed at the President’s statement.

“He’s really on high nowadays, which I think is a good thing.”

“It’s all her doing, I guess?” JYP spoke of Momo.

“Who else?”

“And that random Japanese text in the video, is that her doing?”

“No, the boys did that. Apparently she tried to bake a cake one night but it ended up so hard you can dent a wall with it,” Choi grinned. “Young K changed the ‘Who cares if you mess up?’ part of the subs for her.

“Tsskk… such a puppy,” JYP grimaced.

“Well, at the very least this song is upbeat and fun. The fans were already asking why Day6’s songs are all so depressing.”

“Yeah, it could be tiresome, if they kept up with that,” JYP sat back, satisfied with the new track. “Well, what do you think?”

“On what?”

“On the girl. With uri Young K.”

“I think it’s…” Manager-nim paused, to choose his words carefully, “dangerous. But cute as hell.”

“Yeah, he’s too sweet on her. People around us are already talking.”

“Yeah, but that’s ok,” Manager-nim explained his observation of Momo. “Momo understands how the industry operates and how terrible the saseang fans can be. She dotes on those boys, equally. Like a mother hen at times. While with Young K, she barks extra for him to stay on the line. It’s more of a love-hate relationship with those two actually.”

“Really? Kiyeopta.”

“It is, actually. She’s a lovely girl. Her fussing over the other boys doesn’t sit well with uri K though,” he laughed.

“Too bad for him,” JYP smirked, before getting serious. “Is she really ok? I mean, as a person?”

“She’s great. Polite. Knows how to keep her distance, yet very smart and witty when she wants to be. She keeps the boys sane and grounded. Especially at times like these.”

The boys were reaching the pinnacle of their Every Day6 project. It was a wonder how they survived the past grueling 9 months with flying colours. Yet, both JYP and Choi knew that the upcoming last months of the year will further test their strength.

“Not like that previous girl?”

Junhyeok-ie’s? No, definitely not.”

“Ok,” JYP banged the table with gusto, deciding, “she can stay, then!”

JYP was always a quirky fellow, thought Choi, thinking of how belated the statement was given the fact that Momo has been with them for more than a year already.

But he decided to humour his boss, non the less, “Ok, great.”

“Just tell our lustful boy to keep himself on a leash. Be discreet.”

Choi laughed at the statement.

“I’m not so worried now, to be honest. The boys are all very protective of her. So it doesn’t look too skewed to Young K. What I’m worried about is… what it’ll do to him once it’s time for her to leave.”

“Molla,” JYP shook his head and getting up from his table. “We may keep her for good, for all we know, but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

 

 

Foxi’s Notes – Dance Dance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAW0idSQ6Zs) was release in May 2017 ie the first half of the year. However, just for the sake of this fic, I sent it beyond to September. Hope that’s ok, ya. & yes, there is a  random Japanese sentence in the lyrics subtitles that accompanied the MV 😊