Chapter 4

Brian's Song

Chapter 4

 

“On the dark road ahead, I can’t see a single step ahead; I can’t see anything; I can’t feel anything – Colours”

 

“Brian?! My god man! Where are you?”

“I don’t know. Still in Japan. Somewhere snowy.”

“Snowy? It wasn’t snowing in Tokyo.”

“No, I think I’m up north. At a ski resort somewhere.”

“What? How did you get there?”

What? What’s he saying? Is it really Young K-hyung, the other boys started to get excited again.

“Hang on, hang on, wait up. I’m gonna put you on loud speaker, man” Jae pushed the speaker button and spoke into the phone. “Ok, can you hear us?”

“Yeah.”

“Hyung,” both Wonpil and Dowoon cried.

“Are you ok, Young K?” Sungjin finished for them, always their strong dependable leader.

“I’m ok,” Young K reassured his team mates, himself feeling relieved hearing their familiar voices.

He started to explain how he got where he was, or at least whatever he could remember.

In return, the boys told him about his picture that went viral on the net.

“You were definitely drugged, ” Sungjin said, definitely sure his team member would not do any such thing on his own accord.

“I think so too. It was pretty powerful, I think.”

“Whom did you meet that night, Bri?” Jae asked.

“Some girls. They said an old friend was coming as a surprise,” Young K tried to recall, “but then, that was the last thing I remember.”

“You think they’re just fans, tricking you into bed?”

“I don’t know, could be. But the phone call I got earlier, it was definitely a voice that was familiar.”

Young K paused a little before continuing.

“So, you guys back in Seoul? I tried calling our Japanese number but I think it got disconnected.”

“Yeah, we just arrived, still in the van now,” Sungjin answered in Hangul.

Both Jae and Young K spoke fluent English and it was their mission to make their team mates speak or at least understand the language. So changing from Korean to English or meshing the two languages was a norm to them.

“Yes hyung, we stayed for 3 days before the pictures came out,” Dowoon answered. “Then, JYP told us to come back straight away.”

Young K groaned slightly at the mention of their company President’s initials.

He’s going to fry my for this, he thought. 3 days? That means I passed out for about 2 nights at her place, 3 plus that night at the motel

“Brian, we’re gonna give you Manager-nim’s number. He’s still in Tokyo,” Jae interrupted his thoughts.

“Ok,” Young K replied for the lack of other things to say.

“By the way, whose’s number is this?” Jae asked.

“The family who helped me. Save it, ok.”

“Yeah, sure. Call Manager-Nim and then update us, all right?”

After a few more short interactions between them, they ended the call.