Chapter 3

Brian's Song

Chapter 3

 

“But the only thing that changes is my anxious heart; I think I’m crazy, this isn’t right - Out of My Mind”

 

The boys were in a state of confusion, quickly walking towards their awaiting van at the airport.

The crew members accompanied them back, with the management sending a receiving entourage to meet them.

Picture1.png

The fans were screaming demanding answers.

To which they had none.

At that moment.

Once they made it to the safe confines of their vehicle, their chatter started.

What?

How?

Where?

Why?

Prefixes that were followed by…

That’s not like him.

Yeah, there’s something wrong here.

Where did he go again?

They had just finished a weekend of their first live performance at Tokyo Dome, as part of KCon Japan with other korean artistes.

And were getting ready to leave when Young K disappeared.

Or at least, did not come back to their hotel after a night out with some old friends.

They postponed their flight while Manager-nim and the crew searched for him, saving short of reporting to the police.

They could not afford a scandal at the moment.

Not when they were getting ready for their first comeback.

And were finally getting some attention.

With a growing fanbase, both locally and abroad.

But then, the picture appeared on the net.

Of Young K under the blankets with not one, but two girls in his arms.

And all hell broke loose.

And the management decided to board the remaining boys on the first available flight back to Seoul.

When others would be quick to pass judgement, the boys knew their brother well enough to know something was seriously wrong.

Sweet and hardworking Young K, though wild and flirty on stage, was not one to fool around.

Let alone, sleep around – and get caught.

“Someone else must be behind this,” Sungjin declared.

Picture8.jpg

Dowoon, the drummer maknae, looked bewildered but excited at the current turn of events.

tumblr_nudmzwHJIn1ufj032o1_500.png

While Wonpil looked like he wanted to burst into tears.

wonpil.jpg

“Will Hyung be asked to leave like Junhyeok-hyung?” the keyboardist asked.

“Don’t be silly!” Jae snapped at him.

17126530_763694307124220_4207158991735750656_n.jpg

Always the rational and level headed one, Jae too was scared and worried at the would-be repercussions.

However, being the eldest and often the more matured one, he tried to remain cool on their behalf.

Manager-nim has stayed behind to look into the matter and hence, they had no calm voice to placate their worries.

“Manager-nim will get to the bottom of this,” Jae started to say, before his phone rang.

“Hey guys, shut up,” Jae shouted above his noisy colleagues, “its from Japan.”

The whole van went into complete silence.

“Hello,” Jae answered urgently. “Manager-nim? Brian?!”

 

 

 

Foxi’s Notes – Day6 debuted as band on 7 Sept 2015 as a 6 member group – Park Sungjin, Im Junhyeok, Park Jaehyung, Kang Younghyun, Kim Wonpil and Yoon Dowoon. Junhyeok left the band just before their first comeback in 2016. They write their songs and play their own instruments, which in way made it difficult for them to appear on popular Korean variety shows – hence slow in getting popular unlike mainstraeam k-pop newbies at that time like Got7, Twice and Black Pink. Instead, they promoted their music through busking, radio shows and small concerts – and amassed themselves with a steady cult following and respect.