Shout!

Sunspot

☀️

“I still can’t believe Oh Sehun talked to you!” Jiyoung said with short dolphin-like squeals in between as they enter the park.

Eunhee rolled her eyes at her friend’s long-playing reaction. “Yeah me neither.”

“I still don’t understand…” Baekhyun mumbled.

“What?” Jiyoung asked.

He looked at her with pure curiosity in his eyes. “Why did those girls follow him around? Did he have something they wanted?”

Jiyoung curled her lips into a mischievous grin. “Oh they wanted something from him alright.” She replied, raising her eyebrows.

“Shut up!” Eunhee managed to say in between bursts of laughter. “You’ll corrupt him.”

“He’s a boy, Eunhee. I’m pretty sure he understood what I said.” She laughingly replied. “Right, Baekhyunie?”

He frowned in confusion. “So what did they want?”

The two laughed even louder and continued to do so until they’ve reached one of the park’s famous rides: The Viking.

 

Baekhyun, being the naïve alien boy who seemed to have been trapped in a locked away tower all his years, had his jaw dropped at the sight of the big swinging ship.

“I thought ships belonged in the sea? Why is this here? And why is it doing that?” He babbled as he followed the ride’s movement with his head.

“Remind me why we’re here again?” Eunhee asked her friend, ignoring the sunspot’s questions. “And please don’t tell me it’s so that you could catch a glimpse of your eye-candy.”

Jiyoung turned to her with a playful grin. “Tsk tsk, my dearest Eunhee. Why on earth would I—“ she tried to answer before Eunhee shot her with her infamous glare.

“Fine. You caught me.” She said, dejected. “I really do have a purpose for bringing you two here, though.”

Eunhee crossed her arms as she asked; “And what is that?”

“Practice hitting high notes.”

 

“I don’t even know if I can reach normal notes.” Eunhee whined as she scooted along the long wooden seat of the ship.

“We can worry about that later.”Jiyoung cheerfully replied. “For now let’s just enjoy the ride.” She added as she reached for the vinyl safety bar.

Eunhee, however, grabbed the bar before her friend could lock it in place. “That idiot is not in yet.” She told Jiyoung as she turned to face the ‘idiot’.

“Baekhyun, get in. People are waiting for you.” She impatiently told him.

The boy his lips before obeying his landlady’s command.

 “This is safe right?” He asked Eunhee before she locked themselves under the safety bar.

She gave him a comforting smile to ease his anxiety. “Just think of it as a ride inside your spaceship or whatever you rode to get to this planet.”

“But we--” He failed to finish when the ship started to move backwards.

He looked around; checked to see how the other passengers were reacting.

This isn’t so bad. He thought.

And then it hit him. The ride was swinging higher and higher by the second.

Alarmed by the acceleration of the ride, the boy held into his companion’s arm like a threatened koala.

“Baekhyun, let go of--” Eunhee tried to tell him before he screeched into her ear as the ship swung down from a relatively high point.

AAAAAAH!!!!!!! Jiyoung screamed, joining the lad.

 

“Well that was fun!” Jiyoung gleefully reacted as they walked down the ride’s exit.

Eunhee, on the other hand, felt the opposite.

“WHAT?”  She asked, hearing nothing but a ringing sound as an effect from two kids beating her eardrums for 2 whole minutes.

With a speechless koala still attached around Eunhee’s arm, the three continued to stroll around the park.

That was until Jiyoung found yet another spot where Eunhee could ‘practice’.

 

“NO.” Eunhee rejected.

“You’ll have to do it eventually.” Her best friend retorted.

“But…”

“It’ll be fine. Just do your best.”

“Eunhee hwaiting!” Baekhyun cheered.

It took a while before Jiyoung convinced her friend to sing in one of the karaoke booths.

With both friends cheering for her, Eunhee lifted up the microphone and pressed the play button on the machine.