Mr. Popular

Sunspot

☀️

“EUNHEE!!” Baekhyun eagerly called upon meeting her at the front gate of the local amusement park.

She smiled and waved back, getting used to the alien’s immutable hyperactive mood.

The boy looked around her. “Where’s your friend?” he asked.

“She told me to meet her at the--”

 

“OH”

“SE”

“HUUUUUUUN!!!!!”

 

A group of middle schoolers squealed as a tall slender boy walked by the two.

He scanned his adoring fans and fixed his gaze on one of them.

The girl turned chilli paste red, as how Eunhee would describe it, a container of chilli paste that’s put inside a microwave; waiting to explode.

Before an eruption could occur, however, the tall boy winked at her - making the poor soul faint.

 

“What’s happening, Eunhee?” The yet again confused alien asked her.

“I--” She started to answer before Jiyoung cut her off, running to their side out of nowhere with a sparkling set of heart eyes as she looked at the seemingly famous boy.

“That’s Oh Sehun!” She pointed; as if the frantic girls didn’t call his name enough for them to remember.

Eunhee and Baekhyun looked at each other, searching for a proper response to all this.

“Who is he exactly?” She asked her blushing friend.

The glare that Jiyoung gave her after what she had just asked was indescribable, almost inhuman.

“You don’t know him?!” She asked Eunhee, disbelief all over her face.

Eunhee squinted, fearing that Jiyoung’s stare would turn her blind.

“Uhh… that’s why I asked. And aren’t you over-reacting a little?” She replied under her breath.

“’Over-reacting’?!” her friend repeated. “He’s the most popular boy in school! Not only is he tall and hot, but he’s also an amazing dancer. In fact he’s the disco pang pang’s jumper here. Seriously, how could you not know?”

“Probably because I don’t care?” Eunhee shrugged.

Jiyoung sighed. “Of course. I forgot. You don’t care about anyone at school.” She said, deadpan.

 

“Hey.” An unfamiliar voice called.

The 3 friends instinctively turned to the source of the voice, not knowing if it was actually them being called.

It was Sehun. ‘The most popular boy in school’ was walking, or rather, strutting his way towards Eunhee.

She looked left and right, searching for whoever he was calling. “Me?” She pointed to herself upon noticing his eye contact.

The modelesque boy nodded. “You’re Kim Eunhee, right?” He asked back.

“Yeah…” She awkwardly replied.

He leaned in to level his vision with Eunhee’s, making the girls silently growl with envy. “Good luck at the talent show.” Sehun told her with a mischievous smirk.

She tried to smile back but the awkwardness of the situation caused her lips to involuntarily shiver into an odd shape of an uncomfortable grin. “Uhh thanks?”

Sehun ignored her strange reaction nonetheless and straightened his back.

“I’ll see you around then.” He lastly told them, giving Eunhee and Jiyoung a decent smile before leaving with his army of young women.

 

“What was that about?” Eunhese mumbled once the popular boy walked far enough to not hear them.