The Big Meeting

Love In The Club

It’s 4 months into our relationship and it’s going strong.

            “Jagiya…I’ve told my mom about you…” Taecyeon said as we’re walking around the quiet neighbourhood for our usual early morning date.

            “You did?”

            “Yup…I send her couple of pictures of you and guess what? She wants to meet you…she’s coming down from the States in two days.”

            “What? She wants to meet me?”

            “Uh-huh…one of my cousin id getting married and since she will be here for a few days…she told me that she wanted to meet.”

            “What if she doesn’t like me? Did you tell her that I’m older than you?” I’m getting nervous just thinking about it.

            “I’ve told her everything…she always knew that I liked older women…and don’t worry, who wouldn’t like you anyway? You’re smart, funny, great cook, pretty…” he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

            “Such a smooth talker…did you learn it from Khun?”

            “Maybe…”

Two days passed and Taecyeon just called saying that his mother is on her way to the shop to meet me. It’s finally happening…

            “Unnie, are you okay?”Bora asked as we’re in the kitchen preparing the next batch of doughnuts.

            “I’m…I’m fine…”

What if she doesn’t like me? What if she looked like those up tight high-class women who against her son to date average girl in the dramas? Would she ask me to break up with Taecyeon? These questions keep lingering in my head.

            “Unnie…there’s someone looking for you…” Hyo An said standing at the door.

            “Ok…I’m coming…” I walked out to the front and saw an old woman sitting at the far corner of the shop with her back towards me. This is it! Hee Jin ah, you can do it! Fighting!

            “Hyo An ah…please send some of the doughnuts and iced lemon tea to my table in 5 minutes…”

            “Nae unnie…”I had to bring my secret weapon as Taecyeon said his mother has a sweet tooth and love iced lemon tea.

Walked calmly to her table, I greeted her with a bow.

            “Annyeong hasaeyo omonim…”

            “Yoo Hee Jin?” she said smiling at me. Ok, that’s a good first sign…but don’t expect anything Hee Jin ah.

            “Yes it’s me…”

            “Have a seat…my son told me a lot of things about you…”

            “He did? I hope it’s nothing bad…” my palm is getting sweaty as I sat in front of Taecyeon’s mother. She a cute woman, kinda short…her smile is beautiful…now I know where Taecyeon get his gene.

            “He said that you’re taking a great care of him…”

            “I just do the best I can to be a good girlfriend…omonim, I need to tell you something…it’s important so we don’t have any misunderstanding.”

            “What is it?”

            “I didn’t date your son because of his fame and fortune…your son have a good heart and he makes me happy…that good looks is a bonus but above all, he’s a great person…”

Hyo An came to the table and put a plate full of doughnuts and a glass of iced lemon tea.

            “Thank you Hyo An ah…”

            “Nae unnie…” she walked away.

            “And you don’t mind dating him in secret? People don’t know your existence…” she looked at me with a stern gaze.

            “I don’t care if I have to keep this relationship as secret for years to come…as long as he’s with me, I’m already satisfied…it’s a decision I’ve made from the first day we started dating…”

            “Are you sure you’re not regretting it later?”

             “No…not even one bit…”

Taecyeon POV

The boys and I were at the salon getting our hair and makeup done for the event happening in two hours. I wonder how Hee Jin noona is doing right now.

            “Hyung…are you ok? You looked nervous…” Wooyoung said.

            “Is something going on?” Khun asked.

            “My mom is meeting Hee Jin noona right now.” Five pairs of eyes darted towards me.

            “Really?” they said in unison.

            “Yeah…”

            “Don’t worry Taecyeon ah…your mom will love her…if she doesn’t…even though it’s unlikely to happen…you have 5 other brothers that could her persuade her.” Junsu tapped my shoulder.

Then, a text came to my phone.

From: Omma <3

Taecyeon ah…I like her! I hope you can bring her back to Boston sometimes so I show off my great future daughter-in-law to my friends! Don’t mess up with this one or I will kick your !

            “Hyung, who is it?” Junho said.

            “My mom…” I just smiled.

            “You’re smiling…that must be good news…” Chansung peeked over my shoulder.

            “Yup…she love her…she even told me to bring her back to Boston…”

            “Congrats man!”

I’m glad that my mom liked her. I can’t wait to see Hee Jin noona tonight and we can celebrate.

End of POV

It turned out that Taecyeon’s mom is a very easy-going funny woman. The picture about her I had earlier vanished into thin air.

            “So, Taecyeon and you went out on dates often?”

            “Kinda…whenever he had time…”

            “I hope he’s not a trouble for you…he had quite the appetite…there’s nothing he don’t eat…just like Chansung…”

            “I’m just glad that he liked my cooking…”

            “These doughnuts are great…your own recipe?”

            “Yes…created and developed by me…”

            “You should teach me to make this sometime…”

            “It will be my honour omonim…”

We talked about an hour when she decided to leave.

            “I will see you again before I went back to Boston…maybe we could go out for dinner with my daughter…only us girls…”

            “That would be great omonim…’

            “And you could bring some of your fantastic doughnuts too…’

            “I’ll remember that…”

I walked her to the door and she hugged me.

            “I’m trusting my son with you Hee Jin ah…”

            “Nae omonim…I’ll do my best…”

That night, Taecyeon came over to my place.

            “My mom liked you…” he said as we’re watching the TV.

            “Yup…and I like your mom…she’s fun…”

            “Now, when can I meet your mom?” he said.

            “Why?”

            “It’s the only proper things to do since I’m dating her daughter right now…don’t you think?”

            “Maybe later…”

            “Jagiya…” he got up and looked at me. I know that gaze coming from him.

            “What?”

He scooped me up bridal style and kissed my lips.

            “It’s time to celebrate…”

            “Celebrate? What’s the occasion?”

            “Nothing…I just want to run my hands all over you…” he raised his eyebrows and wicked smile formed on his face.

            “Yaa ert!” he carried me to the bedroom with our lips intact.

 

Enjoy reading people!

BBYONG!