Body's to Bootylicious~

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Eight

 

“Jiyong... are you okay?” I chickened out of saying what I wanted to say. I was going to ask him if I could kiss his cheek but I suddenly felt like a massive wimp.

 

“Uh... yes. Sorry, your motto is very meaningful. Shall we go get something to eat?” he asked me while looking away and blushing.

 

“Sure, I saw a food cart earlier. We could go there. Korea's street food is amazing. I honestly wish we had that sort of thing in the U.S.A.” I said so we could start another conversation.

 

“I thought there were food trucks in the U.S.” he said.

 

“There are but the food is usually crap. It is a rarity to find a good food truck. But in Korea, they are everywhere.” I said with my mouth watering thinking about Korea's street food goodness.

 

“Two ddeokbokki dishes please.” Jiyong ordered and I smiled at him appreciatively. Food is the reason for life.

 

“Thank you.” I said to both the food vendor and Jiyong but mainly to Jiyong. Whoever buys me food is an instant best friend.

 

“How is training coming a long? Do you know who is what and stuff?” I asked him while we ate our ddeokbokki.

 

“Training is coming a long fine. Emm... our group will be called 'Big Bang' and I have been named the leader.” he boasted proudly.

 

Congrats, dude. That will be a lot of work but I know you can do it. Good luck with little Seunghyun-ie.” I joked and he laughed a bit but the smile doesn't reach his eyes.

 

“Your still not getting along with Seunghyun-ie.” I stated and I stopped and looked him in the eyes.

 

“No. I'm still frustrated that Youngbae and I wont be a duo anymore.” he explained and I nodded.

 

“When was the last time you talked to him?” I asked him while coming up with a solution they would both like.

 

“About... three months ago...” he thought and I frowned at him in disapproval.

 

“Is there any k-drama's starting soon?” I asked in thought. I know they both like k-drama's so they could bond over that.

 

“'Princess Hours' is coming out next week, why?” he looked at me curiously.

 

“You could watch that with Seunghyun-ie. He was telling me he was looking forward to watching it.” I prompted and he started glaring at me.

 

“You're up to something, what is it?” he demanded.

 

“You will be in a group together for god knows how long and you will need a good relationship if you want to last a long time and get awards and become famous! You've got it easy. You have people to support you but I am alone as a solo artist. Be thankful for that.” I ranted and he nodded shamefully.

 

“I'll try and get a long with him. You do make a very good point.” he said and I smiled in satisfaction.

 

“Thank you. Now, handsome, lets go and wander about.”I took his arm in mine and we walked through the park while talking to each other about anything and everything.

 

“Jiyong, thank you.” I said out of the blue after a comfortable silence.

 

“For what?” he looked at me like I was crazy.

 

“You make me feel special without even trying. You are a true gentleman. Thank you for that.” I explained and he flushed in embarrassment.

 

“Ay... you are special all the time.” he told me while poking my nose and mock scowled.

 

“See? This is what makes me feel special. Thank you, Kwon Jiyong.” I said and kissed him on the cheek.

 

He looked at me in shock while touching the cheek that I kissed. He smiled at me brightly then kissed my cheek in return.

 

“Amila LaBeau, would you like to go on another date with me?” he asked shyly.

 

“Of course. I had a lot of fun today and I would love to see you again.” I told him and his face lit up with happiness.

 

“Good. I was really nervous that you didn't like today as I didn't plan anything. Thank you very much for today, Amila.” he did a little bow in thanks.

 

“Aish, I told you to call me 'Mila'. And thank you, Jiyong, I had a great time with you today.” I insisted and I could tell we were both blushing.

 

When I got home after the date, mama bombarded me with questions and we had a really good time gushing over my date.

 

Damn, Honey B. You look like your really in love.” mama said with slightly sad eyes.

 

I think so, mama. He's just so...” I said then finished with a dreamy sigh.

 

Just make sure you don't get hurt. I don't want to have to pick up the pieces.” mama warned me and went to get ready for her shift for work.

 

I ended up getting out my song journal and write a few more songs. For three hours straight I wrote songs until I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

 

“Hello?” I answered quickly.

 

“Mila-ssi! It's Daesung, we were wondering if you are coming to the studio for the trainee dance and sing off.” Daesung told me. I could hear the noise in the background.

 

“That's today? Can you give me twenty minutes?” I asked and started running around getting ready.

 

“Yeah and I will see what I can do.” he said and I almost cried with relief.

 

“Thanks, Daesung-ie. You are a life-saver.” I thanked him then hung up.

 

The trainees have been practising for this for ages. We were put into groups of two to five and we had to come up with a dance and a song and perform it in front of everyone. It can be in any language and any style. Minah and I are together and we are singing a self-written song in English. We wrote it together (I did lyrics while she did the music part) and we worked together on the dance.

 

I got dressed into high-waisted, skinny, black shorts, a plain, white t-shirt and a pair of red heels. I put in a pair of silver earrings then grab my jacket and bag. As soon as I have checked my hair in

the mirror I am out the door and running in 4 inch heels to the YG building. Not the best choice.

 

“Where have you been, Mila? I had to convince the stage hand that we should go last!” Minah scolded me when I arrived out of breath. Minah wears the same outfit as me.

 

“One... minute... I forgot...-wooh, I should run more- that it was... today. What is the... audience like?” I asked, still out of breath.

 

“Sajang-nim is there with a few of the other artists. The producers are there and there are plenty of people that no one knows who they are. They might be transfers or talent scouts, those are the rumours going around.” Minah told me while we fixed out make up and straightened ourselves out in the dance studio.

 

“Okay, voice check. Ah.” I sang a scale and Minah did the same thing. When we finished out stretches and voice warm ups, we stand by the curtains with everyone else to wait our turn and watch the competition.

 

“Hey.” Someone said from behind.

 

“Hey, Jiyong. You look good.” I admire his baggy, rapper outfit complete with gold chains.

 

“So do you. Where were you earlier?” he asked in concern.

 

“I forgot the song-slash-dance off was today. I arrived twenty minutes ago.” I explained with guilt written over my face.

 

“Well, at least you are here. Good luck!” he said with thumbs up.

 

“Good luck to you too.” I said back with my own thumbs up. He went back to his group and Minah and I held each others hands in reassurance.

 

Big Bang was really good with their song 'Dirty Cash'. I'm sure it will be stuck in my head for a while.

 

“Amila LaBeau and Lee Minah.” Sajang-nim called and we went on stage.

 

“Please tell us the name of your song and what it is about.” he said when we were centre stage.

 

“Our song is a song in English called 'Bootylicious'. It is about a woman with an amazing body.” I explained and Minah nodded along with what I was saying. Minah was an exchange student in the USA for a few years before starting up as a trainee.

 

“Are you making up words again, Mila?” Teddy-ssi asked me jokingly.

 

“Of course, Teddy-ssi.” I said and we got into positions.

 

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w-a4FDIfG4 A/N: It's a bit blurry but it's the best performance I could find with a clear dance)

 

A/N: This is just so you can see the changes to fit the story. A is for Mila and M is for Minah.

 

A: Minah, can you handle this?

M: Amila, can you handle this?

A: Do you think you can handle this?

M: I don't think they can handle this!

 

M: Barely move, we've arrived

Lookin' y, lookin' fly

Baddest chick, chick inside

DJ, jam tonight

Spotted me a tender thang

There you are, come on baby

Don't you wanna dance with me

Can you handle, handle me

 

A: You gotta do much better if you gon' dance with me tonight

You gotta work your jelly if you gon' dance with me tonight

Read my lips carefully if you like what you see

Move, groove, prove you can handle me

By the looks I got you shook up and scared of me

Hook up your seatbelt, it's time for takeoff

 

M: I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this

A: Cause my body's bootylicious for ya babe

 

M: I don't think you ready for this jelly (A: hey!)

I don't think you ready for this jelly (A: ay!)

I don't think you ready for this

A: Cause my body's too bootylicious for ya babe

 

M: Baby, can you handle this?

A: Baby, can you handle this?

M: Baby, can you handle this?

I don't think you can handle this!

 

A: I'm about to break you off

H-town goin' hard

Lead my hips, slap my thighs

Swing my hair, square my eyes

Lookin' hot, smellin' good

Groovin' like I'm from the hood

Look over my shoulder, I blow you a kiss

Can you handle, handle this

 

M: I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this

A: Cause my body's too bootylicious for ya babe

 

M: I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this

A: Cause my body's too bootylicious for ya babe

 

M: Move your body up and down

Make your booty touch the ground

I can't help but wonder why

Is my vibe too vibealicious for you, babe

 

A: I shake my jelly at every chance

When I whip with my hips you slip into a trance

I'm hoping you can handle all this jelly that I have

Now let's cut a rug while we some jazz

 

[Scatting]

 

M: I don't think you ready for this jelly

(A: I don't think you're ready)

I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this

A: Cause my body's too bootylicious for ya babe

 

M: I don't think you ready for this jelly

(A: I don't think you're ready)

I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this

A: Cause my body's too bootylicious for ya babe

 

M: I don't think you ready for this jelly

(A: I don't think you're ready)

I don't think you ready for this jelly

I don't think you ready for this

A: Cause my body's too bootylicious for ya babe

 

The audience clapped and we waited for sajang-nim's thoughts.

 

“Well done, girls. That was a very unique song and the dancing was good. I think 'Bootylicious' is my new favourite word.” he said and we all laughed.

 

“Thank you very much.” Minah and I said together and then we got off stage.

 

“Mila-noona! Minah-noona !That was a really good song! You both looked really y on stage.” Daesung came running towards us and congratulated us.

 

“Thank you but all I really want to do now is fall asleep.” I said and Minah nodded in agreement.

 

“See you tomorrow for training?” Minah said and I nodded and waved when I started to go home.

 

I am pooped!” I said and as soon as my head touched my pillow, I was out.

 

 

A/N: 'Cause may body's to Bootylicious for ya babe~ I guarantee that that song will get stuck in your head. Thank you niknac for the shipname 'MiYoung', it's quite catchy. Please keep on sending in your ideas. I am back at school now, so back to irregular updates. Thanks and please tell me what y'all are thinking.

 

-OurAria x