Do What You Want

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Seven

 

Mama! Emergency, I have a date and have no clue what to wear!” I burst into my mother's room when I got back home.

 

That is an emergency. To the closet.” mama took my hand in hers and we went through all my clothes to find the perfect outfit.

 

Finally, after 30 minutes of searching we find it... the perfect outfit.

 


Image result for perfect first date outfit

 

Baby girl, you are ready. Lets do your hair and make up. Sit!” mama demanded and she started attacking me with brushes and make up.

Image result for perfect first date hair

(But in dark brown^)

 

There, you are done.” mama announced and I went to look at myself in the mirror.

 

My make-up is neutral colours and my hair looks amazing.

 

I look hot. Thanks so much, mama.” I gave my mama a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

 

Your welcome, baby girl. Now, who is this date your all excited about?” mama sat across from me with her cup of coffee. I looked down at my hands and smile bashfully.

 

Kwon Jiyong. He is another trainee and he will be debuting soon. We have talked over the phone for a few months and we seem to get along very well.” I told her and she takes on of my hands in hers.

 

You really like this boy. Are you sure he is right for you? I don't want you getting another broken heart.” she looked at me with concern written all over her face.

 

I'm not entirely sure, mama, but I think he will be good for me.” I told her truthfully and she nodded in understanding.

 

Okay, Honey B. I trust you. I will see you later. Have fun with Jiyong.” she said and kissed my cheek.

 

The nickname 'Honey B' is from when I was young. People said I was sweet and beautiful so the sweetness is the 'Honey' and my last name, LaBeau, means the beautiful so... the 'B'. Honey B.

 

I listened to music while I walked to the park Jiyong told me about. 'Don't Cha' by the Pussycat Dolls comes on and I find myself dancing a little bit to the song. Okay, dance a lot. Who can blame me, this song is my jam.

 

When the song finishes, a few people are staring at me like I am a weirdo (I'm not denying it) but I just shrugged it off. They don't like what I do, then they don't have to watch me doing amazing things.

 

“Mila! Over here!” Jiyong's voice called from behind me. I turned to see him and... damn... he looked good.

 

 

“Jiyong! Hey, how are you?” I asked with a bright smile on my face.

 

“Very, very good, thank you. Maybe a little nervous. How are you?” he asked nervously with a slight smile.

 

“I'm great. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a little nervous too. But we shouldn't let it get to us. So what are we going to do today?” I asked and we started casually walking through the park.

 

“Just... I don't really know. I didn't plan that far ahead. I only planned on asking you out and I thought you would say no so I didn't really plan this far...” he started rambling but my giggling cut him off.

 

“Jiyong, you're so silly. Anyone would be lucky to have you. I'm glad you didn't decide what we will do so we can improvise what we can do. I think is the best kind of date, how is that idea?” I asked for his affirmative.

 

“Good idea. Race you to the benches?” he suggested and I laughed. I took off my heels and I got ready to run in my socks.

 

“Three... two...” I said but started running as soon as I said two and laughed the whole way.

 

“Yah! That was cheating.” he accused me in mock anger but in reality he is laughing as well.

 

“I don't know what you're talking about.” I said innocently from my spot on the bench while putting my heels back on.

 

“Yah...” he gave up after that and sat down next to me.

 

“Have you ever been in another relationship?” I asked while fixing my shoes.

 

“I have been in two or three relationships before. They were both older than me but they didn't last long. They usually broke up with me after a few dates.” he told me honestly.

 

Well, they stupid.” I said bluntly in my beautiful, southern belle accent with the classic black-woman-attitude and he started laughing hysterically.

 

“What?” I raised an eyebrow at him but I felt my lips twitch into a smile.

 

“It's because you are so blunt and your accent adds the comedy and to top it off you say it with such seriousness. You are funny.” he told me and I nodded in acceptance and started laughing with him.

 

“Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week.” I stood up and bowed and waved to random people which made him laugh even harder.

 

“What have you been producing recently?” I asked when our laughter subsided.

 

“Nothing special really. Do you want to see?” he asked me while digging through his back pack.

 

“Sure, do you want to see my song journal. We could give each other constructive criticism.” I suggested and he nodded with a bright smile.

 

We exchanged journals and silently read through them while giving a little bit of advice or asking what something means occasionally. I would say, the silence was very comfortable and relaxed and I kept on sneaking glances at him.

 

“I like the song 'Crazy In Love'. The lyrics are good and the bits of melody you have so far are perfect for the song.” he told me and I looked at him in surprise.

 

“Oh, you saw that song... umm... well, I always thought it was lacking something.” I said in embarrassment. In truth, I wrote that song two days ago with Jiyong in mind.

 

“I look forward to hearing the end project.” he handed me back my journal.

 

“There is about a million and one songs in this journal and most of them are good, others could do with some work.” I answered truthfully and he nodded in acceptance.

 

“Sajang-nim made me write two songs before bed each day so most of them are not very good but I was satisfied at the time.” he explained to me.

 

“I appreciate that. When I go back to my old work, I usually think 'what was I thinking?' and then I have to write a better song just to make me feel better.” I told him with a nod.

 

“That's what I do! Music can always lift someone's spirits.” he said while looking at the sky.

 

Amen to that.” I agreed and sat back and people watched with him.

 

“Oh, oh, oh. Here comes a guy that obviously thinks he is better than everyone else in this park. Probably thinking along the lines of 'Get out of my way, peasants'.” I told him and we fell into a giggle attack.

 

“Over there is an elderly couple doing the exact thing as we are doing. Look.” Jiyong pointed out a few benches down of an elderly couple pointing at people, saying a few words then laughing with each other.

 

“That's so sweet. I'm going to talk to them. I'll be back in a minute, look after my stuff for me please.” I said and went over to the elderly couple.

 

“Excuse me, ahjussi, ahjumma. May I ask how long you have been together?” I asked with a kind smile on my face.

 

“Hello, little miss. We have been together for 58 years and married for 52. Why do you ask?” the ahjussi asked me.

 

“I'm on my first date and we couldn't help but notice that we are doing the same things. We were people watching and making up characters for each person that passed by. I just wanted to say that you must have had a long and loving relationship to be this childish at such a wonderful age.” I told them truthfully with a little giggle and they smiled at me brightly.

 

“What is your name? Your not from around here.” the ahjumma asked me.

 

“My name is Mila and I am from America. I have lived in Seoul for seven years, though. Can I ask what is the secret to such a long and loving relationship?” I asked them curiously.

 

“Our relationship is far from perfect, Mila-ssi. The main factor of our relationship would be truthfulness.” the ahjussi told me.

 

“I would say it is laughter and truthfulness. If you can get along so well and be one hundred percent truthful to each other then you will last a long time. It's refreshing for such a young person to be interested in such an old couple.” the ahjumma told me and I smiled at her bashfully.

 

“I wouldn't say your old, ahjussi and ahjumma. Your souls are very young, I can tell. Never let your young souls go, you are wonderful the way you are. Both of you.” I told them with a little bow.

 

“Ah, Mila-ssi. You are too kind but you talk nonsense. Now, go back to your date, the young man over there is looking worried. Have a long and happy relationship with the right one. Bless you, Mila-ssi.” the ahjumma said and stood up and gave me a hug.

 

“Congratulations on your lasting relationship. May I have your numbers? I feel like you can give me some important life lessons. My only grandmother lives in America and I hardly ever see her.” I asked before I could go.

 

We exchanged numbers and I got their names, Kim Sung-Ki-ahjussi and Kim Soon-hee-ahjumma.

 

“Now, off with you. We don't want to keep you from that handsome man any longer.” Soon-hee-ahjumma said and pushed me away playfully after giving me one last hug.

 

“What did you do? Are they going to call the police on you?” he asked curiously and I laughed at his worrying.

 

“No, nothing like that. I just got some very useful relationship advice from a couple who have been together for 58 years. I also got there numbers and we have agreed to keep in touch. They also called you handsome.” I told him with satisfaction and sat next to him once again.

 

“Why did you do that?” he asked, still confused.

 

“What is the point in living life if you don't do what you want to do? That is my motto and philosophy in life. And it works for me.” I said while looking him in the eyes and I see something in those eyes that I saw in that elderly couple's eyes.

 

Love. Not 'I have a crush' love but 'this person is the one' love.

 

I, somehow, feel like I belong with this person... I know, that sounds cheesy but it's true.

 

 

A/N: There is a little bit of goofy Jiyong and Mila fluff. Please tell me what you think. If you can come up with a ship name, that would be amazing! I'm thinking Jila...? I know, it needs work. Please come up with one for me!!!

 

-OurAria xx