Meeting the 'Rents

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Fifteen

 

Jiyong scheduled for us to meet his parents on the 22nd of March, that is tomorrow. I am so scared. Jiyong says there is no reason to be scared and that his family are looking forward to meeting me. That doesn't help at all.

 

Angel, where are you?” Jiyong's voice rang through the apartment while I looked through my clothes.

 

“In my bedroom.” I yelled and looked through my wardrobe.

 

“What happened?” when he came in he saw the destruction I have caused.

 

“I'm picking an outfit for when I meet your family. That reminds me, formal or casual?” I asked him.

 

“Semi-formal. My parents want to make a good impression on you.” he gave me a comforting smile and pulled me into his arms.

 

“Have you told them that I am black?” I mumbled into his shoulder. I know there is a lot of racism out there and a lot of people view black people as 'dirty'. I'm glad more and more people are not judging by looks but there are still a few out there.

 

“Yes. As soon as my parents searched you up after I told them I was dating you, well... appa said that 'I got a good one'.” he told me with his face steadily going red. I burst out laughing and I muffled it into his shoulder.

 

“Well, I do! You are amazing, Angel. They will love you. Dami is also a fan of your music. She is determined to learn English properly so she can talk to you in your native tongue.” he told me and I gave him a big smile.

 

“Now, back to what I should wear.” I turned back to my clothes and rifle through my formal-casual wear.

 

With the help of Jiyong, I cut it down to two outfits: a black and white patterned, long-sleeved top, high-waisted, mustard coloured trousers, black heels and a gold necklace or a dark magenta top, a floral pencil shirt and dark pink strap stilettos.

 

Go for the trousers, you look y yet not showing anything off.” mama commented from behind us and I nod in agreement.

 

“I've got something for you.” Jiyong said with something behind his back.

 

“Really?” I asked in excitement. I turned to him and looked him in the eye.

 

“Here.” he gave me a small black box. Inside was a beautiful, thin, silver charm bracelet. It has a little angel, a small dragon, an 'A', a 'J' and a little heart as the charms.

 

“Oh, my... this is... beautiful.” I felt myself tearing up and giving him a tight hug.

 

“We can add to it as our relationship progresses.” he suggested with a shy smile.

 

You, sir, are amazing.” I told him before pulling him into a deep kiss.

 

His tongue skimmed my bottom lip and I gasped in shock. He took that chance to slide his tongue next to mine and we slowly explored each other's mouths for the first time. I let out a little groan in pleasure which causes Jiyong to let out a groan of his own.

 

Don't do anything while you are under this roof.” mama's voice called and we simultaneously groaned in annoyance.

 

“Why are we always interrupted?” Jiyong whispered into my ear while we held each other.

 

“I don't know. Anyway, you better go. Mama doesn't like boys in my room after 7pm.” I pushed him out of my room and I walked him to the door.

 

“I'll pick you up at 3pm?” he suggested and I nodded in confirmation.

 

“See you then.” I pecked his lips and then shut the door behind him.

 

Mama and I spent the next day getting me ready to meet Jiyong's. She re-did my hair (I get a weave) and we put subtle make-up on my face. I had a nice long bath before that as well. I got dressed and I painted my nails a dark grey to go with my outfit.

 

Image result for casual-formal blackgirl

(A/N: I don't own the pic!)

 

At precisely 3 o'clock, the door bell dinged and my mama and I raced to the door. We flung open the door and looked at the handsomeness before us. Jiyong is wearing a pair of neat jeans, a white t-shirt and a dark grey blazer. A pair of sunglasses are on top of his head and he has a few, minimalist earrings in.

 

Hey, Jiyong. Here she is. I want her back before midnight.” mama greeted him with a cheerful smile then proceeded to shove me out the door and close it behind me.

 

Uh... you look very beautiful, Amila.” Jiyong hesitated with pink cheeks.

 

Thank you... you look very handsome, Jiyong.” I replied and we walked to his sister's car. He borrowed it as he doesn't have one yet.

 

We listened to the radio on the way to his parents' house in Itaewon, so not a long way to go. Crazy In Love comes on and we rock out to it while we drive through the streets of Seoul. We pulled up in front of a small house but it looked warm and inviting.

 

Jiyong quickly got out of the car and went to open my door and he offered his arm. I frowned at him.

 

“Only this once...” I grumbled and took his arm. I am a proud feminist and I like to do things independently but, unfortunately, Jiyong's puppy eyes are very hard to say no to.

 

He smiled in self-satisfaction and lead me towards the door. Instead of stopping to knock, he opened the door and strode into the hall.

 

“Omma, we're here!” he announced loudly and I looked at him in shock.

 

“Oh, Jiyong-ie. Come here.” a small woman, around my height, came into the hall and enveloped Jiyong in a warm hug.

 

And this must be Amila, it is a pleasure to meet you.” she turned to me with a big smile spread across her face.

 

It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Mrs. Kwon. If you're more comfortable with it, I can speak Korean.” I accepted her hug and smiled at her.

 

“Thank you, dear. Come on in, shoes off, please.” she drug us into the house and we came into the living area.

 

“Dongseng!” a woman's voice squealed and a woman hurled herself into Jiyong's arms.

 

“Dami-noona, meet Amila, my girlfriend. Mila, this is my older sister, Dami.” Jiyong made introductions.

 

“It's lovely to finally meet you, Dami-ssi. Jiyong has told me a lot about you. I understand you are a designer?” I asked her with a friendly smile.

 

“O-oh, yeah. Well, an aspiring designer. I really like your music, Amila-ssi.” she told me and she shook my hand.

 

“Just call me, Mila. I only use my full name for the stage.” I told her and she nodded with a smile.

 

“Mila, this is my father, Kwon Young-Hwan. Appa, this is Amila.” Jiyong gestured to his father.

 

“It's nice to meet you, sir.” I gave him a 90 degree bow and he smiled softly at me.

 

“Welcome to our home, Amila-ssi. It is nice to meet you, too.” he gave me a small bow in acknowledgement.

 

“Please, call me Mila, I insist.” I gave him a big smile and he nodded in my direction.

 

“Can I help with any of the food, Mrs. Kwon?” I asked Jiyong's omma when I noticed her walking out of the room.

 

“That would be lovely, Mila-ssi. The kitchen is this way.” she waved me over and I followed her through to the small kitchen.

 

Mrs. Kwon, she insisted on being called Ha-eun (her given name) or Omma Kwon, gave me a few instructions and we set off to work.

 

“I've always wanted to learn how to make Korean foods. My mama taught me to make some food from where I'm from but never Korean food.” I told her while I washed some vegtables.

 

“I'm honoured to be your teacher in Korean delicacies. Can I ask, do you love my son?” she turned to me and surveyed me closely.

 

“I do, ma'am. He is the... best person I have ever come across. He is always there for me so, in return, I try to be there for him whenever I can. When I am in America, I miss him like crazy. I will admit that I was scared of meeting your family. I am travelling quite a lot and I'm not exactly a typical, Asian girl. Heck, I'm not even Asian. I've already found it hard to get accepted in this country because of my ethnicity. I guess I was afraid that you wouldn't like me.” I admitted to her sheepishly.

 

“Fool, we were more nervous than you! You are so famous and we all admire you a lot. We really want you to be part of our family, you have already left a great impression on us. I can hear Dami and Young-Hwan threatening Jiyong to be good to you. You are so polite and I can't wait to meet the rest of your family.” she gave me a hug and I hugged her back.

 

“Omma, when will the food be ready?” Jiyong walked into the kitchen and asked.

 

“It will be ready when it's ready, go set up the table.” Omma Kwon ordered and he instantly went to work.

 

When we all sat around the table and they all wanted to know more about me.

 

“Are any of your songs directed at Jiyong-ie?” Dami asked me. She was sitting on my right.

 

“Noona...” Jiyong moaned but I giggled and I nodded.

 

“Ooh, which ones?” she asked me excitedly.

 

“Um... Hello, Smash Into You, Crazy In Love and Satellites.” I told her.

 

“Will you sing one for us, Mila-ssi?” Young-Hwa-ssi asked hopefully.

 

“After dinner, honey. The girl needs to eat.” Ha-Eun reprimanded her husband and she gave me a quick smile.

 

“I would love to sing for you after dinner.” I told them and Dami cheered.

 

We all went into the living area where they had an electric piano and I sat on the bench while they surrounded the piano.

 

(A/N: If you want a backing track, there are piano covers for this song on YouTube. Enjoy x)

 

Satellites

Flashing by...

It's a beautiful state we're in

But, how can we love in isolation?

Think how happy we can be when we just try

 

We're nothing like we seem

Passionate words are never spoken

You don't know how I bleed when I leave your side

 

In your eyes, love's alive

I've come untied 'cause we're flashing by

Like satellites

Satellites...

 

Take all the rules away

How can we live if we don't change?

We're always on display... let's run and hide

 

In our eyes, love's alive

We've come untied 'cause we're flashing by

Like satellites

Satellites...

 

If we don't communicate, we'll exist in our own space

We have all the love we need

While we're apart, I cannot breathe

 

Satellites...

Flashing by...

Satellites...

 

“Wow, that was daebak, Mila-ssi! You have a beautiful voice!” they started complimenting me while I shied away, embarrassed.

 

“That was amazing, Angel.” Jiyong whispered in my ear and kissed my temple.

 

I like where I am right now.

 

A/N: Lacking inspiration right now. Please leave a comment or PM me to tell me how I'm doing. Thank y'all for reading this, I feel as if I should put more care into this story. I'm just doing this for fun. Please comment, I really want to know what you guys are thinking. Even if this is just for fun, I want to know what people think and get critisism so I can improve as a writer.

 

-OurAria x