BET

Her Dragon And His Queen

A/N: This chapter has a lot of time skips. Sorry x

 

English Korean

 

Chapter Sixteen

 

The rest of the day with the Kwon family is amazing. Dami and I bonded over designs and making fun of her little brother/my boyfriend, Mrs. Ha-Eun Kwon and I talked a lot about cooking and Mr. Young-Hwan Kwon and I talked about business and the industry. They were all interested about my life in the USA and they tried their hardest talking to me in English. All in all, it was a wonderful night.

 

I text Dami quite often and we talk about what we are doing that day. I am meeting her for some coffee soon before I have to go back to the USA to film the movie I auditioned for. The movie is called Fighting Temptations and it looks really interesting.

 

“Mila-yah!” Dami-unni called me over from her table at the coffee shop.

 

“Dami-unni, how are you?” I rushed over to her and gave her a hug. It has been six weeks since I last saw her in person.

 

“Great, thanks. Congratulations on your ASCAP awards!” she gave me a hug back and we ordered our drinks.

 

The ASCAP awards were ten days ago. I got three awards in total: Most Performed Songs and Award Winning R&B/Hip-Hop Song all for Crazy In Love. I also got 'Songwriter of the Year'.

 

“Aw, thanks. Now, let see more of those plans!” I sipped my coffee excitedly and paid close attention to the details of Dami's work.

 

About half-an-hour into our coffee meeting, we stopped talking about work related things and just got to know each other.

 

“Do you care about my brother?” she asked me out of nowhere.

 

“Yes, I do.” I replied immediately with no hesitation.

 

“Good, Jiyong has had a busy life and I want the right girl to be with him. Someone who can keep him grounded but keep the life inside him, you are that girl. I can already tell if he pushes his boundaries, you will hurt him in ways that haven't been invented yet. I can tell that you will do anything for each other.” she smiled at me calmly.

 

“I'm glad that you think that. I am far from perfect, no one is, but I feel that he is perfect for me. I don't know his thoughts about me, I'm not a mind-reader, so I don't know if he feels the same. I hope he does. Is there anyone in your heart?” I asked while wiggling my eyebrows.

 

She flushes red and we start giggling like little school girls.

 

“There is this one guy... oh, Mila... he is just so... wonderful. He treats me like a princess and he is so kind and handsome.” she gushed and we talked a bit more about the men in our life.

 

The day I flew back to America, mama came with me and those I was close with came to see us off. The Kwon family, Big Bang and Jiyong were all there to see us off.

 

“Be sure to take care of Hero. He needs a lot of attention.” mama told Ha-Eun while shaking her hand.

 

The Kwon's agreed to take care of our husky, Hero. He is mainly mama's dog now as I work a lot of the time. He is still as exciteable as he was when he was a puppy.

 

Aiden met us in the airport in America and took us to our hotel. We went over my schedule for the next four months. Well, the rough schedule. I have a few days free but inbetween I am performing and recording and promoting. The joys of being a singer.

 

Rise and shine, beautiful! We got a busy day ahead of us today! Come on, up! Up!” Aiden woke me up and opened my curtains.

 

Get lost.” I grumbled and buried my face in my pillow.

 

Now, now, Mila. You have your first day of filming today. Let's go!” he dragged me out of my bed and chose my outfit for me.

 

I am just in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt as I will probably getting make-up and dressed up when I get there.

 

The cast of 'Fighting Temptations' are really nice. When I walked into the room they all looked at me in shock like 'Oh my, god, it's Amila!'. I was pretty nerve-wracking yet funny, looking back at it.

 

The months slowly went by and I felt really lonely during that time. Sure, I'm surrounded by people almost all the time but I don't know them that well. I haven't been able to really talk to Jiyong or anyone in Korea.

 

Tomorrow I am performing at the BET awards. I just finished rehearsals for the performance and I am looking forward to performing it.

 

Right now, I am waiting to Skype Jiyong for the first time this month. I sit my my laptop and go through my phone, just waiting for him. He is promoting with Big Bang right now so he is quite busy and we rarely get to talk to each other.

 

“Angel?” Jiyong's voice said through the speakers. I looked up to see Jiyong's tired face on the screen.

 

“J! Hey, how are you?” I put away my phone and paid attention to him.

 

“A bit tired. How is filming?”

 

“The cast are really nice and the director is great. I'm pretty tired as well, I got back from rehearsals an hour ago.”

 

“Oh, yeah. You're performing at the BET awards tomorrow. Good luck with that, Angel.” he gave me his gummy smile and I smiled affectionately back.

 

“J... I think we need to talk...” I said reluctantly. I didn't want to bring this up but...

 

“What's wrong, Angel?” he asked in worry.

 

“I just feel... that our relationship is too distant. We hardly talk, I never see you, we are almost always in different countries and I just want to be with someone that is always here. Not across an ocean.” I told him with tears falling down my cheeks. I see that Jiyong has tears on his cheeks as well and that makes me burst into sobs.

 

“Mi... please, just hold on. I love you and only you. Please don't-” I quickly cut him off.

 

“J, I'm not breaking up with you. I'm just letting you know how I feel. You... are amazing and I miss you every day. We just need to figure things out, is all.” I assured him and myself.

 

I don't want to break up with him, he is the perfect guy and I want a long life with him.

 

“You know, we missed our one year anniversary, I'm going to make it all up to you as soon as I can. Please wait for me.” he said then logged off.

 

I am so confused...

 

The next day, ther performance went well and I won two awards: 'Best Collaboration' for 'Crazy In Love' and 'Best Female R&B Artist'. Overall it was a good day. I had interviews and I met a lot of other artists. I even got to meet Prince and Michael Jackson properly. I paid a tribute to the king of pop himself in my performance.

 

(This is the performance, guys. You don't have to watch it, it's another performance of Bootylicious with a little twist. Love you guys x https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uzECMaX0lg )

 

When I woke up the next morning, I felt something warm pressed against my side and something on top of my stomach. I turned my head only to see Jiyong.


“Ah!” I screamed and fell out of the bed which woke him up.

 

Mila?” Jiyong said sleepily.

 

Oh my, god, Jiyong!” I cheered and wrapped him up in a tight hug.

 

Missed you so much.” I sobbed into his chest and didn't let go for a good half-hour.

 

Sh, I'm here now, baby. Don't cry.” he held me tight and gently rocked me back and forth while running his hands through my hair.

 

We stayed in each others arms for a while and we just lay on the bed and talked. Just talking. About dreams, family or music. Just sat and talked. It was wonderful.

 

Oh my, gosh! I don't know your favourite colour!” I exclaimed while he was telling me about what Seungri go in trouble for recently.

 

“What?” he looked at me like I was crazy. Not the first time that has happened, mind you.

 

“We have been going out for over a year and I don't know your favourite colour!” I told him in shock.

 

“Oh.” he said then burst into giggles.

 

“Hey, stop it. This is serious. I love you so much but I don't know the most basic thing about you!” I cried and he just kept on laughing.

 

“Sorry... you're freaking out over nothing! My favourite colours are white and yellow. What are yours?” he asked me while giggling.

 

“Okay... mine are blue and gold.” I said while looking down in embarrassment.

 

“How about your favourite number?” he asked.

 

“Eight. It has a lot of meaning to me.” I told him with a fond smile.

 

“That is my favourite number, too. It is my birthday date, 18 of the eighth month of 1988. It is important to me.” he looked at me in surprise.

 

“I like the number eight because it is perfectly symmetrical, my birthday is the eighth, I was born in 1988, I debuted on the eighteenth and someone I care about has a birthday consisting of almost entirely eights.” I told him while looking at him on the "sly".

 

“Oh... who is this you care about?” he asked me in genuine confusion.

 

Oh my, god. You, you idiot!” I lightly hit his chest and rolled my eyes.

 

“So, what are we going to do for our belated-anniversary?” I asked after we calmed down.

 

“I am taking you to go see your sister and father.” he said and my eyes welled up.

 

“Thank you.” I koala hugged him and cried into his shoulder.

 

“I know you wanted to see them and I thought it was about time I met the first man of your life.” he shrugged and I got up to get ready.

 

I threw on a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt and put on some make-up. I grabbed a jacket, put on my sneakers and got the car keys.

 

Let's go.” I grabbed hi hand and dragged him into my car.

 

The ride to my dad's house wasn't long, after the BET awards, I had an interview in Houston so we booked a hotel there.

 

I ran up to the door and pressed the door bell. Jiyong looked super nervous and I linked my arm with his to help calm him down. Don't need him throwing up on my dad's feet.

 

The door painstakingly-slow opened and revealed my little brother, Charlie. He doesn't know me very well and most likely doesn't remember who I am.

 

Hello, I am Amila, is Chrissie or your dad in?” I asked him politely.

 

Chrissie! Someone's at the door for you!” he yelled into the house and I heard thundering footsteps coming towards the front of the house.

 

Hello?” she said before looking at us.

 

Now, you know mama would whoop your if she saw you runnin' through that house.” I raised an eyebrow at her while smiling at her in a goofy manner.

 

Mimi? Oh, gosh!” she squealed and did the infamous koala hug on me.

 

I missed you so much. Daddy and I are so proud of you... who is this?” she rambled until she noticed Jiyong standing nervously behind me.

 

Chrissie, meet Jiyong Kwon, my boyfriend. J, meet Christina LaBeau, my little sister. The little one from earlier was Charlie, my little brother.” I made introductions and we went inside the house.

 

Baby girl, is that you?” daddy's familiar voice sounded from the living room.

 

Hey, daddy. I missed you.” I ran into his arms and he rocked me from side to side.

 

I missed you, too, Honey B. And how is this young man?” he looked over my shoulder to see a very nervous Jiyong.

 

Daddy, this is Jiyong, my boyfriend. Jiyong, this is Andrew LaBeau, my father.” I pointed to each man in turn.

 

It's nice to meet you, sir.” Jiyong offered his hand for dad to shake.

 

Nice to meet you, too, Jiyong. I can see my little girl cares for you, so you take care of her, alright?” daddy shook his hand firmly.

 

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.” Jiyong said shakily.

 

This is going to be a long day...

 

A/N: Please, please, please tell me how I'm doing. I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly. If you have any questions/inquiries please ask/inquire! I want to know if I should add/change anything for y'all to like this fanfic more.

 

-OurAria x