And That's Why I Love You

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Twenty-Three

 

The next morning when I woke up, Jiyong wasn't there but I heard him and my mama talking in the main room. I threw on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans then walked through to the main room.

 

'Morning.” I yawned and went to get some cereal.

 

Good morning, baby girl.” mama gave me a squeeze and a kiss on my temple.

 

“Where's the box?” I asked after looking around the room.

 

“With Yang Hyun-Suk-ssi. We needed to tell him.” Mama told me and I shakily nodded my head.

 

I had to head back to the States today to finish filming for Obsessed and Cadillac Records. I finished filming for Austin Powers about a month ago and I am concentrating on the other two movies.

 

I ended up not being able to go to the family gathering in Seoul because we were behind schedule but I did get to Skype them and talk to everyone there. The Austin Powers: Goldmember movie finally came out and it was hilarious! I attended the premiere but I had to right back to filming once that was over.

 

Big Bang also released a new album: Stand Up and I am obsessed with the song 'Lady'. I decided that I would record me singing it and send it to Jiyong for his birthday as I wouldn't be there. Filming for both movies will end around November so I am stuck in the USA for another three months.

 

I practised a lot and even managed to get a guitar and play it on that. Aiden helped me record it and we sent it to Seoul on a CD. I also wrote a song about him that I hope he likes.

 

Jiyong POV

 

“What are we in here for?” I groaned as the maknae dragged me out of our studio and into a dance studio. It is full of party food, balloons and a lot of people that I recognise.

 

“Omma! Appa!” I cried and went to hug my parents. “What are you doing here?”

 

Can't I come and see my son on his 20th birthday?” Omma raised an eyebrow but I just gave her another hug.

 

There was music, cake and all my loved ones. Except one, my Angel. I was standing in the corner, nursing a soda just thinking about her. What I wouldn't give to be with her right now. I haven't heard from her for a few days and I hope she is okay.

 

“Jiyong-ie, come here. We have something for you!” Younbae-ah called me over to the crowd. They were all crowded around a laptop.

 

“What's up?” I asked in confusion.

 

Just wait and see. Go sit front and centre.” everyone pushed me to the front of the crowd, directly in front of the laptop.

 

“What's going on?” I demanded.

 

“Shut up and just press play.” Seunghyun-hyung ordered and then pressed play.

 

Is it recording? Ok.” a familiar voice asked someone off camera.

 

“Jiyong-ie! Happy birthday, babe. I feel like a crap girlfriend for missing your birthday and all the other events that have happened so far this year. The only thing I pray for is if you are doing okay and hoping that I will see you again soon. I think about you everyday and I miss you lots. You are my life support and I love you so much. Gosh, I'm getting a little emotional.” Mila wipes away a tear from her eye. “I keep on listening to your most recent album and I absolutely love 'Lady'. I will sing a cover of it and change some of the lyrics but in English because I can't sing in Korean just quite yet. Oh, and it will also be a bit slower and not the whole song, I hope you're okay with that.” she giggled and did the cute scrunching up of her nose that I find irresistible.

 

She pulled out a guitar and quickly warmed up.

 

Excuse me mister boy

Excuse me mister boy

Excuse me mister boy

Excuse me-

 

Oh boy don't leave already, give me some more time

Baby boy, I still have words to sy

Don't say 'Do it tomorrow', just give me your love

Oh, boy I see you, I see you~

 

[rap]: hold on a sec, excuse me mister- name? Age?

Do you have time?

Boy, I won't hurt you, I'm a proper lady so hurry up,

What's yo' name

To be honest, my heart beats fast, my sweat drips down,

my heart beats, I don't know, don't know

Big steps with big strides, one step stealthily,

our love line is sunny sunny

I feel a good premonition, especially today

My heart flutters ah-ha will I be able to talk today?

 

Oh boy don't leave already, give me some more time

Baby boy, I still have words to sy

Don't say 'Do it tomorrow', just give me your love

Oh, boy I see you, I see you~

 

“And that's what I was able to do since the song came out. I love you so much, it's almost dangerous. I hope you are having an amazing day, Jiyong-ie. I also wrote you a song which I will perform for you, it's about you. I love you, J.” she said and started strumming her guitar once again.

 

I'm a train wreck in the morning,

I'm a b*tch in the afternoon.

Every now and then without warning

I can be really mean towards you.

I'm a puzzle, yes indeed,

Ever complex in every way

And all the pieces aren't even in the box

And yet, you see the picture clear as day.

 

I don't know why you love me

And that's why I love you

You catch me when I fall

Accept me flaws and all

And that's why I love you

And that's why I love you

And that's why I love you

 

I neglect you when I'm working,

When I need attention I tend to nag

I'm a host of imperfection

And you see past all that

I'm a peasant by some standards

But in your eyes I'm a queen

You see potential in all my flaws

and that's exactly what I mean.

 

I don't know why you love me

And that's why I love you

You catch me when I fall

Accept me flaws and all

And that's why I love you

And that's why I love you

And that's why I love you

 

I don't know why you love me

And that's why I love you

You catch me when I fall

Accept me flaws and all

And that's why I love you

And that's why I love you

And that's why I love you

 

“And that's why I love you.” Mila choked out. She was crying but so was I. I looked around and saw that everyone was getting emotional. Someone handed me a tissue to wipe my tears away.

 

“J, I love you. You see my flaws but you love me for them. I love you so much, it's... strange. I wish I could be there with you on your special day. Happy birthday, Jiyong-ie. Mwah.” She waved goodbye before the screen went black.

 

“Awwwwwwww.” everyone went simultaneously. I just sat there trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

 

“You've got to call her!” Dami-noona shoved me and threw her phone at me.

 

“It's the middle of the night over there!” I argued back, it was true. It is a fourteen hour time difference.

 

21 days Later~

 

Happy birthday, Mila!” Idris greeted me when I walked onto set that morning. Idris Elba is playing my husband in the movie Obsessed and we actually get along pretty well.

 

Thank you, Idris. Good morning.” I waved as I walked to the trailer for getting ready.

 

Happy birthday, Mila!”

 

Happy B-Day, Amila.”

 

Have a great birthday, Mila.”

 

The cast and crew greeted me left and right and I just kept on saying thank you and smiling in appreciation.

 

Mila! Jiyong sent this for you.” Aiden gave me a little package. Inside was a CD and a letter.

 

'Dear Angel,

 

Happy Birthday! I miss you a lot and I can't wait

until you are finished with filming 'Obsessed' and

'Cadillac Records'. I wrote you a song (it's on the

CD) as you wrote me a song for my birthday, I

thought I would return the honour. The guys

helped me with this song, well they helped sing it,

and hopefully sajang-nim will let us put it on our

next album. I've already told you this but I think

you are the most amazing woman in the world. I

am so honoured to be part of your life and being

such a significant part of it too. I love you with all

my heart and I hope you feel the same.

 

Forever yours, Kwon Jiyong x'

 

I rushed to the CD player and I will admit I was crying while I listened to it.

 

(TOP)Let's go

(GD)Yessir

(TOP)We're back again with lee moonsae

(GD)That's right, fresh collaboration

(TOP)2008

(GD)It's Big Bang

 

(TOP)Dear do you know,

I really miss you right now

I wipe off tears with my head down,

I call your name

(TY)Did you really have to leave me like this?

(TOP) My head hurts when I think about you,

You're like really strong alcohol

 

(GD) Would it just be alcohol?

You are a sickness

I lie down everyday,

how my times has it been?

I will forget a bit tomorrow then I will think of you again

The day after tomorrow

What can I do, my love is still valid

I believe that you will come back,

I wait for only you

 

I love you,

you are the only one in this world

I shout out loud but only that unanswerable

sunset is burning bright

 

(TOP) If you are feeling sorry

afraid of seeing my face,

girl don't worry,

if it's you, I feel strong

(SR) Your face that I miss looks like that sunset glow

thus I feel sadder

 

(DS) oh baby baby please do not forget

about all the times,

the memories we shared

(TY) I will run to you anytime if you call me

Silently with your eyes closed

(GD) every day, every night I need you

 

I love you,

you are the only one in this world

I shout out loud but only that unanswerable

sunset is burning bright

 

Ta- take it to the bridge

(DS) I won't be able to see you beautiful visage anymore

(TY) but I have no regret, just burn bright so I can gaze

at you

 

ah-ah-ah-ah

 

(GD) let's go, yea yea, sing it together, come on

(TOP) the sun rises, the sun sets,

I become saddened by the sunset glow

The moon rises, the moon sets,

I become dull too, as time passes by

(GD) the sun rises, the sun sets,

I become saddened by the sunset glow

The moon rises, the moon sets,

memories of you become dull too

 

I love you,

you are the only one in this world

I shout out loud but only that unanswerable

sunset is burning bright

 

I love you,

you are the only one in this world

I shout out loud but only that unanswerable

sunset is burning bright

 

once again, let's go

yea yea know who?

BIG BANG

 

ah-ah-ah-ah

 

At the end of the song I had an empty box of tissues and a lot of used tissues surrounding me.

 

“Yah, Jiyong-ie! You made me ruin my make-up!” I mumbled but still giggled at my silliness. He is so sweet.