In America

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Twelve

 

It's debut day. The day I have been waiting for my whole life. I am currently sitting in the prep chair getting my make up and hair done. I wear a white, revealing dress that makes me look and feel y and confident.

 

The music video was released two days ago and the response has been very good so far. Today is my first live performance in front of my fans, I'm a bit nervous.

 

(MV to Crazy In Love, enjoy :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY )

 

My manager, Aiden Bridges, forbade me from going on any of my social media accounts until the performance has finished. Right now, I am trying to Skype Jiyong and all my friends in Seoul while I get prepped.

 

Pick up, pick up, pick up.” I muttered anxiously.

 

“Hello?” Jiyong's familiar voice answered the call and I could tell he was up late last night.

 

“J! It's Mila!” I said with a bright smile.

 

“Angel! Aren't you meant to be on stage?” he instantly perked up and paid attention to what was going on.

 

Naw, I'm going on in half an hour. I just needed someone to talk to calm down my nerves. How are you since yesterday?” I asked him while chewing on some peppermint bubblegum.

 

Jiyong and I always made sure to keep in contact each day whether it's Skype, text, emails or a phone call. Sometimes we call/text each other at really random times just to tell the other something really exciting or if we just need someone to talk to. It is easy to admit that I miss him quite a lot.

 

“I'm good. The boys, Minah, sajang-nim, and the other staff at YG are setting up a room so we can all watch your debut on TV. How's New York?” he asked curiously.

 

“New York is... big, loud and interesting. I haven't been able to see much of it as I have been rehearsing a lot. MTV are going to film the whole thing live so I'm quite nervous.” I told him them blew a bubble with my gum.

 

Hey, stop messing up my masterpiece!” my stylist exclaimed and fussed over me. I could hear Jiyong laughing from my phone while I groaned as she fussed over my face.

 

Sorry.” I replied guiltily and spit out my gum into the bin.

 

“How late did you stay up last night?” he asked me when I started yawning.


“I got about four hours of sleep before I had to wake up to do this. I'm just lucky my face doesn't puff up when I fall asleep.” I yawned again and he scrunched his nose up at me.

 

“You should get more sleep.” Jiyong frowned at me but the computer was snatched from him and I was met with Seungri's face too close to the camera.

 

“Be sure to Skype us, noona, once the performance has finished. We all would love to speak to you and tell you what we think!” he practically screamed into the computer. I heard Jiyong protesting in the background.

 

“Sure, Seung-ie. Now, give the computer back to Jiyong.” I told him with a roll of my eyes.

 

“Okay, noona. There you go, hyung. Ah!” Seungri handed the phone back to his leader but got hit across the head from what I could hear.

 

Mila, you are up.” someone called from behind me.

 

Jiyong, I've got to go. I'll speak to y'all soon. Mwah!” I blew a kiss to him and the quickly hung up. I ran to the stage and the staff were fussing over my clothes and make up.

 

Three... two... one.” someone counted down and the music started and I made my enterance.

 

(A/N: This is the performance on MTV, enjoy!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4A4sPGwwmE )

 

Thank you, MTV! Y'all've been amazing!” I thanked the crowd and blew kisses to who ever I lay eyes on.

 

A-Mi-La! A-Mi-La! A-Mi-La!” they chanted and I waved them goodbye. It's now interview time with MTV.

 

And we are now joined by the amazing, bootylicious, Amila LaBeau. Congrats on your first performance, how was it?” the female interviewer asked me with a huge smile.

 

Oh my god, where to begin? The crowd was amazing, I'm surprised so many people cam to see me today. At first I was so nervous that I was going to mess up but it felt amazing and such a rush!” I told her with a few microphones by my mouth.

 

So, Amila, tell us a bit about your journey to get here.” she asked me.

 

Well, I was born in Houston, Texas. I was into singing and dancing from a young age and you could always see me doing some sort of performance with my friends. I even performed in my mama's salon in Korea. I entered competitions and even managed to beat teenagers when I was seven in one competition. My mama moved to South Korea for work after my dad and my mama split up when I was ten. I went with her. Seoul is a very lively city and I found so much inspiration in it's streets. I would go busking and I would apply to different record labels, or entertainment companies. I kept on getting turned down because I was a black girl looking for work in an Asian industry. I wrote a song about how I kept on getting turned away and I auditioned with it and I got a place in YG entertainment. I am so grateful to everyone there and I miss them all.” I told her and she listened with her utmost attention.

 

So, you are based in Seoul, South Korea? Are they watching today?” she questioned.

 

Yes, they're expecting a call from me when I get back to my hotel.” I laughed and she laughed with me.

 

You mentioned earlier that you wrote a song and auditioned with it. Can we hear it?” she asked eagerly.

 

Sure! It's the first song on my album, Listen.” I told her and they laughed at my evasion of having to sing again.

 

Oh, wow. No wonder you were accepted immediately. Tell us a bit about your album 'Welcome'.” she gave me the microphone.

 

'Welcome' is an album to welcome people into my music and performance. 'Crazy In Love' is the title track and 'Bootylicious' is a female empowerment song. Both songs make people feel y no matter what they look like.” I explained with a proud smile on my face. This album is like my baby.

 

All the artists you have collaborated with for this album are quite high achievements. Tell us about each of them.”

 

Well, I collaborated with Jay-Z with 'Bonnie and Clyde'. We had a lot of fun recording that song, Jay-Z came to Seoul to record that song with me and in return he recorded 'Welcome To Hollywood' with me. He is such a nice guy even though he has this tough image around him. Missy Elliot, she is amazing. She is such a good rapper and we text each other quite often. Minah is still to debut as a singer in South Korea but we were quick friends when we were training to be singers. And, finally, GD. GD, or G-Dragon, is a rapper and part of a k-pop group called Big Bang. He is very talented and he has a lot of potential for the future. He helped me write some of the songs in the album. Minah, GD and I are all in the same entertainment.”

 

Woah, check out Amila's first album 'Welcome'. Thank you for being here, today, Amila.” she told the camera then turned to me.

 

Aw, the pleasure was all mine. Thank you for having me.” I gave her a hug and I then walked off with a wave.

 

Well done, Amila. A very good job.” Aiden complimented me while I washed off my make up.

 

Thanks, Aiden. It's thanks to you that I got on MTV.” I gave him a cheery smile and re-applied my make up but not as dramatic.

 

I also change clothes into a pair of gray, baggy trousers, a white, off-the-shoulers, crop top with long sleeves and silver, strap stilletos.

 

Image result for casual black girls jeans

 

I gave a few more interviews for news stations and took photos with fans. I got to talk with them a bit and they called me a queen. I'm nowhere near a queen but it touched me that they thought so.

 

When I finally got back to my hotel room, I went to call Jiyong on Skype.

 

“CONGRATULATIONS, MILA!” everyone screamed when Jiyong picked up. They set up the computer so I can see everyone and they can all see me.

 

“Thank you, guys. Did you enjoy the show?” I asked with a wave to everyone.

 

“Yes!” they all started talking at the same time but YG Appa tried to make them shut up. They eventually did and I awaited YG Appa's oppinion.

 

“It was a very good performance, Mila-ssi. Your interviews were also very good. Congratulations.” he told me and I let out a breath in relief.

 

“Noona! Noona! You did a really good job up there! Well done!” some of the male trainees waved at me and everyone continued to congratulate me.

 

“Angel, you did a really good job today! I miss you lots and I can't wait to see you again!” Jiyong said in front of everyone and we both went really red in the face.

 

“Awww... cute. You guys are too cute!” they started teasing us and we laughed in embarrassment.

 

“I miss you, too, J. Thank you everyone but I really need to get to bed now. I have an early morning tomorrow.” I told them and pouted a bit because I didn't want to stop talking to them.

 

“But, noona, it's the middle of the day.” Seungri exclaimed.

 

“Time difference, idiot.” Seunghyun hit him across the head while everyone rolled their eyes at him.

 

“I'll talk to you soon. Mwah!” I logged off them went to get ready for bed.

 

The next few days are full of performing and interviews as I am only here for another nine days before going back to Seoul for a few performances there.

 

I haven't been able to get much time to contact Jiyong. When I am awake, I am busy and when I finally get a break, Jiyong is asleep.

 

It made me realise just how much I truly do like him. I would stare at my phone waiting for him to reply when it was the middle of the night and the next day find out he had a show when I texted him.

 

I miss him. I really miss him. And that scares me a bit. If I miss him so much then that means I love him.

 

Amila, are you up to guests?” Aiden asked while I was writing in my song journal.

 

Uh, sure.” I nodded and looked to the door to see my life long best friend, Isabella Taylor.

 

Izzy!” I squealed, threw my journal onto my bed and koala hugged her.

 

MIMI! Where have you been?” she hugged me back and we twirled around the room while giggling like schoolgirls the whole time.

 

Why are you here?” I asked dumbly.

 

Well, my ultimate best friend has made it big time in the music industry. I thought I would stop by before I went to go see her.” she said with a roll of her eyes.

 

Haha. Not funny but it's good to see you, girl. How's Ben?” I asked her and we sat on my bed and started on the whole 'girl talk'.

 

Ben's good. He took me to a fancy restaurant for our one year anniversary. How about your love life? Have you met anyone?” she interrogated.

 

Um... there is one guy...” I told her slowly but she pounced on the chance.

 

Who? Is he hot? Is he treating you better than that d*ck of a last boyfriend?” I held my shoulders and looked me in the eye.

 

Oh my gosh. You love this guy!” she cheered and started jumping around the room.

 

Really? I'm still a bit uncertain. I miss him like crazy but...” I trailed off not knowing how to finish my explanation.

 

You don't know exactly why you miss him.” she finished for me. She took my hands in hers and gave me an encouraging smile.

 

Yeah...” I admitted. “I know it sounds ridiculous but I don't know why I miss him.”

 

Tell me about him.” she ordered and we spent that entire afternoon talking about Kwon Jiyong, the one I realised that I truly love with all my heart.