Stalker!

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Three

 

The full lesson passed by and I still didn't know the guy's name. Until...

 

“That's Kwon Jiyong. He is the most experienced out of us. He was in a group when he was 5, then trained in JYP, he did a rap solo when he was 13- I think- and now he is a trainee under YG. He is quite shy and quiet from what I have gathered. He and Youngbae-ssi will be a hip-hop duo sometime in the future.” Seunghyun-ssi told me.

 

“Cool, interesting and what is his favourite food?” I asked sarcastically.

 

“Ganjang gaejang.” he responded immediately.

 

“You are such a stalker!” I exclaimed while laughing hysterically.

 

“Yah! I just know my stuff.” he cried and pouted.

 

“Have you ever talked to him or hung out with him?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

“... No...” he said which caused me to fall into another fit of giggles.

 

“Stop being mean, Mila-ssi. If you want to survive here, you need to know stuff!” he exclaimed in frustration.

 

“Stalker-Seunghyun-ssi~” I sang and started skipping around the room.

 

The others observing us laughed at us as he tried to stop me from shouting more insults at him.

 

“Mila-ssi...” he whined and I decided to give up on him.

 

“Amila-ssi, over here!” someone called from behind me.

 

“Hey! I'm Lee Minah and this is Jung Jihyo-ah.” a pale, thin girl with black hair and brown eyes greets me.

 

“Hi, I'm Amila but please call me Mila.” I gave them a small bow and sat next to them.

 

“When were you born, Mila-ssi?” Jihyo asked.

 

September 1st, 1988, how about you?” I told them.

 

My birthday is 19th of February, 1990, and Minah's is 2nd of November, 1988.” Jihyo told me.

 

“Can we call you Mila-unni? You can use informal language with us.” Minah offered and I nodded and we ended up exchanging numbers when we had to go for our next lessons.

 

All of the class had 'idol training' when I had one on one lessons with Yang Hyun-Suk-ssi.

 

The same schedule followed for the next five months. Dance lessons, one on one lessons then time in the studios with the producers. I got to know Minah a lot better but unfortunately Jihyo moved to JYP Entertainment so it's just Minah and I. I have met quite a lot of the other trainee's but I have yet to properly meet Kwon Jiyong.

 

Minah and I were walking to the locker room after we got changed when we opened the door there were bits of paper everywhere. Minah tore one off the wall and read it.

 

“'We don't need filthy niggas here. Go back to the swamp where you came from Negro!'” Minah read aloud then exclaimed, “Who. The. HECK. Did this?!”

 

I always knew I was going to have haters ever since I started training but... openly insulting me...

 

I turned away from it all and ran away like a coward. With tears in my eyes, I couldn't see clearly.

 

“Amila-ssi, are you okay?” a familiar voice said from behind me while I sat on the stairs.

 

“Oh, Jiyong-ssi. I'm fine, sorry to be bothering you. I'll be going now.” I turned to see my fellow trainee and bowed in apology.

 

“Wait, tell me what's wrong. You were crying so I can tell you were lying.” Jiyong grabbed my wrist and lead me to where he was sitting on a window ledge (on the inside of the building- we're not crazy).

 

“Get it out before you burst.” he encouraged and he made himself comfortable.

 

“Umm... ehhhh...” I hesitated and he sighed and gave me a look to hurry up.

 

“Someone left notes in the locker room for me. They were very insulting. It covered everything. It's very hard being the only black girl in the company but I earned my place here! I don't understand why they would do that. I have just as much of a right to be here as they do! It's just so frustrating...” I sobbed and I started crying again.

 

Jiyong put a comforting arm around my shoulders and held me until I calmed down.

 

“I saw your audition, you know. When you came out I thought 'She has no chance' just like I thought about all the others. Then you started to sing and I thought 'If she doesn't become world famous in at least five years, I will quit all of this'. Seriously, your voice is amazing and has so much power. All the other trainee's are jealous that you could do that with your voice. Heck, I'm jealous and I'm a rapper. You got skills, girl.” he told me passionately.

 

“Jiyong-ssi, thank you so much. Please don't bet on such a silly thing, you have a very good future ahead of you.” I told him truthfully.

 

“Call me Jiyong and I think you have an even better chance at a good future.” Jiyong told me with a shy smile and I nodded.

 

“Then you must call me Mila. Give me your phone, I will put my number in.” I said and offered him my phone so he could put his in.

 

Because we already missed the first half of the lesson, we decided to just keep on talking until we are due for our next lesson.

 

~~~~The Next Day~~~~

 

I woke up to my puppy my face to wake me up.

 

I'm up, I'm up. Get down boy. Time for breakfast.” I groaned and got up to feed myself and Hero. I go through my phone for new messages and I come across one that caught my attention.

 

Jiyong~ : Hey, Mila. Do you want to go grab some food after training? -J

 

I jumped in excitement and decided to reply instantly.

 

Mila :D : Sure! :) I need to get my mom from work first but then I can meet up with you. See you at dance lessons. -M

 

I sit back and smile at my phone in pure elation. Hero makes a noise of confusion and I turn my head to see his head tilted to the right in curiosity.

 

I'll tell you about it when you're older.” I said with a small laugh and went to get dressed.