Bills Bills Bills

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Twenty-Six

 

“Amila Angela LaBeau... I got this for you to tell you that I love you. It's a promise ring to tell you that I will be loyal and that I want you, no one else.” he slid the silver band onto my ring finger.

 

On the ring it had a small opal and our initials engraved into the metal.

 

“Oh, Jiyong, it's beautiful. I don't know what to say. Thank you.” I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face into his neck.

 

“Are you crying?” he whispered quietly into my ear.

 

“No, I'm sweating from my eyes.” I mumbled and he chuckled at my silliness.

 

“I got you something else.” I told him and pulled away. I ran back into the building and grabbed the papers that I forced out of sajang-nim.

 

“Here.” I handed over the notebook and he slowly opened it all.

 

I have decorated every single page, full of songs about him, favours and things that I love about him.

 

He was completely silent while reading everything and I swore I saw a tear fall down his cheek. He came to the end of the notebook and he started laughing.

 

It is a picture of Appa-YG and I sitting at his desk. I am doing a cute face with a peace sign while he looks exasperated by me. Underneath the photo is a hand written message from Appa-YG.

 

'I, Yang Hyun-Suk, owe Kwon Jiyong 14 days of no work whenever he wants.

-Yang Hyun-Suk, CEO of YG Entertainment'

 

“I can't believe you did that.” He wiped away his tears and put his arms around my shoulders.

 

“It wasn't hard, Appa-YG loves me.” I giggled and snuggled into my boyfriend.

 

Fast forward a few weeks and my new single, Deja Vu featuring Jay-Z, was released and went straight to number 1!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9BWndKEgs

 

I was in the studio with Minah, Mama, Teddy and Diplo (an amazing producer, rapper, singer, songwriter and performer) finalizing the last details of another single to be released later on.

 

“Amila-ssi, there is mail for you at the front desk.” a trainee told me while he passed the studio.

 

“Thanks.” I gave him a bright smile and went down to collect my mail.

 

“More fanmail, Mila-ssi. It's all been checked.” the lady at the front desk reassured me and handed me my letters.

 

See ya later.” I waved then started to leaf through my mail.

 

Unfortunately the first letter I opened was full of hateful messages, it was a wolf in sheep's clothing. The envelope was colourful and nicely decorated but the actual letter was horrible.

 

'Go die'

 

'Nobody wants you alive'

 

The words kept on floating around my head.

 

'Fat'

 

'Ugly'

 

'Leave our Jiyong-oppa alone, he doesn't want someone dirty like you'

 

'Dirty filth'

 

“Hey, Mila-unni!” someone called out, snapping me out of my trance.

 

“Oh, hey, Chaerin-ah. Can I help you with something?” I sniffed and wiped away a tear.

 

“No, nothing really. Are you okay, unni? You're crying.” she looks at me in worry.

 

“I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle.” I smiled weakly and tried to put the papers in my back pocket without her noticing. Unfortunately, she did.

 

She snatched the papers from my grip and turned away so I couldn't grab them back.

 

“Unni... we need to tell Jiyong-oppa.” she looked at me with tears in her eyes.

 

“No! We don't need to do that. It'll be fine. No worries.” I told her and took back the letters.

 

“Thanks for worrying.” I reassured her but I didn't believe myself. I walked off and went back to recording.

 

Over the weeks the hate mail kept on coming but I didn't tell anyone, not even my mama. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I could feel myself going down a dark hole with no way out. It was a horrible feeling.

 

“Okay, that is it! Tell me what is wrong.” Jiyong confronted me one evening at my studio while we were with the 2NE1 girls, producing and recording.

 

“What?” I asked dully. I haven't been smiling as much and I don't sleep a lot either. My eating habits have been messed up as well.

 

“You're depressed. You're not eating, sleeping or being your usual smiling self. What's up?” Jiyong told me while looking me straight in the eye.

 

“Nothing's wrong, I'm just not feeling well.” I replied but he could see right through me.

 

“Bullsh*t. Please, tell me, Angel. I don't want to suffering like this. Please, baby, please.” Jiyong cried and held me tight against him.

 

“Jiyong-oppa, she's been getting letters.” Chaerin spoke up for me and I burst into tears.

 

“What?” he whispered in shock.

 

“They have been coming for the past few weeks. Always disguised as fanmail but she hides it.” Chaerin told him quietly.

 

“Where is it?” he demanded. They searched through the studio and found them in my private cupboard. Jiyong read through them all and I saw him crying.

 

“Angel... why didn't you tell me?” he weakly asked, not looking at me.

 

“It's not important.” I mumbled.

 

“Yes it is! You are depressed, Mila. It's important to me. Stop focusing on the bad and focus on the good. You have thousands of people in the world that cares for you, don't forget that. Let's go out tonight and just spend some time together. In fact, next week I'm going to take us boating.” Jiyong held my hand and tugged on it to get my attention.

 

Jiyong and I have been boating before, it was amazing, we were in the ocean, we couldn't see land and there was no one around to see us or tell us what to do. It was amazing and we have always wanted to go again.

 

I nodded shyly and smiled at him in thanks.

 

“Good, firstly, let's hear the finished product of the song.” Jiyong pressed some of the computer's keys and my song with 2NE1 came through the speakers.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiF6-0UTqtc

 

(A/N: A is Amila, B for Bom, CL, D for Dara and M is Minzy)

 

A: At first we started out real cool

Taking me places I ain't never been

But now, you're getting comfortable

Ain't doing those things you did no more

You're slowly making me pay for things

Your money should be handling

 

And now you ask to use my car (B: car)

Drive it all day and don't fill up the tank

And you have the audacity

To even come and step to me

Ask to hold some money from me

Until you get your check next week

 

D: You triflin', CL: good for nothing type of brother

D: Silly me, CL: why haven't I found another?

A baller, D: when times get hard

I need someone to help me out

CL: Instead of D: a scrub like you

Who don't know what a man's about

 

All: Can you pay my bills?

Can you pay my telephone bills?

Do you pay my automo' bills?

If you did then maybe we could chill

I don't think you do

(A: do, do, do, do~)

So, you and me are through (A: through~ ooh ooh~)

 

A: Now you've been maxing out my card (D: card)

Gave me bad credit, buyin' me gifts with my own ends

Haven't paid the first bill

But instead you're headin' to the mall

Goin' on shopping sprees perpetrating

Telling your friends that you be ballin'

 

And then you use my cell phone (M: phone)

Callin' whoever that you think's at home

And then when the bill comes

All of a sudden you be acting dumb

Don't know where none of these calls come from

When your momma's number's here more than once

 

B: You triflin', M: good for nothing type of brother

B: Silly me, M: why haven't I found another

A baller, B: when times get hard

I need someone to help me out

M: Instead of B: a scrub like you

Who don't know what a man's about

 

2NE1: Can you pay my bills?

(A: Can you pay the bills?)

Can you pay my telephone bills?

(A: Pay my telephone bills)

Do you pay my automo' bills?

(A: Pay my automo' bills~)

If you did then maybe we could chill

I don't think you do

(A: I~ don't thing you do~)

So, you and me are through

(A: You~ and me are through~)

 

Can you pay my bills?

(A: Bills~)

Can you pay my telephone bills?

(A: Bills~)

Do you pay my automo' bills?

(A: Bills~)

If you did then maybe we could chill

I don't think you do

(A: Oh, no, no, no, no~)

So, you and me are through

(A: you and me are through~)

 

You triflin', good for nothing type of brother

(A: good for nothing~)

Oh silly me, why haven't I found another?

(A: found another~)

You triflin', good for nothing type of brother

(A: hey-ey-ey)

Oh silly me, why haven't I found another?

(A: ooh, ooh, ooh~)

 

You triflin', good for nothing type of brother

(A: oh, oh, oh, no)

Oh silly me, why haven't I found another?

(A: no, no, no, no, no)

You triflin', good for nothing type of brother

(A: good for nothing~)

Oh silly me, why haven't I found another?

 

2NE1: Can you pay my bills?

(A: Can you pay my bills?)

Can you pay my telephone bills?

(Can you pay my telephone bills?)

Do you pay my automo' bills?

(Do you pay my automo' bills~?)

If you did then maybe we could chill

I don't think you do

(think you do)

So, you and me are through

(so~ you and me are through~)

 

Can you pay my bills?

(pay my bills)

Can you pay my telephone bills?

(pay my bills)

Do you pay my automo' bills?

(Pay for them bills~)

If you did then maybe we could chill

I don't think you do

(I don;t thing you do~)

So, you and me are through

 

Can you pay my bills?

(Can you pay my bills?)

Can pay my telephone bills?

(A: Can pay my telephone bills)

Do you pay my automo' bills?

(Do you pay my automo' bills?)

If you did then maybe we could chill

(If you did then maybe we could chill)

I don't think you do

So, you and me are through

(So~ you and me are through)

 

That night Jiyong and I spent the night together and just getting lost in each other's eyes.

 

“I love you, Mila.”

 

“I love you more, Jiyong.” I giggled and snuggled into his side, sighing contently.