The Grammys

Her Dragon And His Queen

English Korean

 

Chapter Fourteen

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKlGcrFpoWU

 

Thank you very much!” I waved to the crowd and walked off stage. I just opened for the Grammys and it was safe to say I was very nervous. Once I get changed into a new dress, I go to find my seat in the audience.

 

Image result for Black girl formal dress

(A/N: I don't own image!)

 

I missed the introductions and the thanks. I am nominated for Record Of The Year, Best R&B Song, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration and Best Contemporary R&B Album.

 

Now announcing the nominees for the 'Record Of The Year'.” the host announced and I quickly paid attention.

 

'Crazy In Love' - Amila LaBeau

'Be Without You' – Mary J. Blige

'You're Beautiful' – James Blunt

'Not Ready To Make Nice' – Dixie Chicks

'Put Your Records On' – Corinne Bailey Rae

 

And the winner is... Dixie Chicks with 'Not Ready To Make Nice'!” they opened the envelope and I started clapping loudly. Dixie Chicks are really good and deserved that award.

 

Next was Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Best New Artist, Alternative Music Awards, Blues Awards, Country Awards, Dance Awards, Folk Awards, Gospel Awards, Jazz Awards, Latin Awards, New Age Awards and Pop Awards. They finally came to my category, R&B music.

 

The nominees for the 'Best R&B Song' are...”

 

'Be Without You' – Mary J. Blige

'Black Sweat' – Prince

'Crazy In Love' – Amila LaBeau

'Don't Forget About Us' – Mariah Carey

'I Am Not My Hair' – India.Arie

 

And the winner is... Amila LaBeau with 'Crazy In Love'!” everyone erupted into cheers and I was in shock at what was just announced. I just won a Grammy... I just won a Grammy! I slowly walked up on stage and made sure I didn't trip up.

 

Thank you, thank you so much! I wasn't expecting this as there are so many better and more experienced artists here tonight. I didn't even think of a speech! Umm... well, thank you to my mama for helping me achieve my dreams, thank you to Hyun-Suk Yang, my CEO, for publishing the music. Thank you to my producer Teddy Park for doing such great work with the song and finally thank you so much to Jiyong Kwon, aka G-Dragon, for helping with this song and making it a million times better with an epic rap. Thank you so much and I hope I didn't miss anyone!” I thanked everyone I could think of off the top of my head.

 

I walked back to my seat and my mama, who was my plus one, gave me a huge hug.

 

Congratulations, Amila. You got us all 'Crazy In Love'! Now for Best Contemporary R&B Album. The nominees are...”

 

Welcome – Amila LaBeau

Chris Brown – Chris Brown

20 Y.P. - Janet Jackson

Kelis Was Here – Kelis

In My Own Words – Ne-Yo

 

And the winner is... Welcome by Amila LaBeau!” there was another round of applause and I was in shock once again. I gave my mama a kiss on the cheek and made my way up to the stage.

 

Are y'all making me into a yo-yo, an unprepared yo-yo? Well, thanks to all my producers: Teddy Park, Choice 37, Tablo Lee and Jiyong Kwon. Hyun-Suk-Boss, thank you for having faith in the only black girl to ever audition in an all Asian business. Thank you so much for giving me a chance and listened to what I had to say. I wouldn't be here if you didn't give me that chance.” I blew a kiss to the camera and walked back to my seat while other artists and celebrities congratulated me along the way.

 

The next category was Rap music and there were two awards announced before a category that I was nominated for.

 

Well done, Chamillionaire and Krayzie Bone. Now here are the nominations for the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration...”

 

'My Love' – Justin Timberlake featuring T.I.

'Smack That' – Akon featuring Eminem

'Crazy In Love' – Amila LaBeau featuring G-Dragon

'Shake That' – Eminem featuring Nate Dogg

'Unpredictable' Jamie Foxx featuring Ludacris

 

And the winner is... Amila LaBeau with 'Crazy In Love'!” I quickly made my way up and hugged the host.

 

Thank you to everyone who helped me on this journey to be here of all places! I was never expecting this. Can we give a round of applause to G-Dragon who isn't here tonight. Thank you, once again.” I started clapping and everyone joined in.

 

Mama and I went to the after party and I met a lot of new people and it was amazing to be around so many famous people. I met people like Lady Gaga, Kelly Rowland, Eminem and Corinne Bailey Rae. I also had a half-hour conversation with Prince and I also spoke with Michael Jackson for two minutes. What's even better, I got their numbers! The guys are going to be soooo jealous!

 

I was in the USA for another week. My manager wondered if I wanted to become a triple threat (singing, dancing and acting) and I said 'why not?'. I had an audition and I think it went okay.

 

I didn't talk to anyone much as I had a few performances and interviews. I was pretty busy that week. Mama went back home two days after the Grammys so it was just me and Aiden.

 

I feel Aiden and I have bonded a lot on our trips and we are close to best friends. He even let me meet his boyfriend, Cole. They are the cutest couple and they are so sweet.

 

When I did get back to Seoul, there were millions of fans at the airport and there was screaming everywhere. There were posters congratulating me on the awards, t-shirts with my face on them and people chanting my name. It was amazing and it had such a powerful energy.

 

I waved and signed my autograph about a million times so my hands are exhausted. I should mention that I am ambidextrous, it means I can write and do most activities with both hands. I can write with my left and right hand.

 

I first went home to see my mama again and to drop off my things. She took me into a tight, loving embrace and littered my face in kisses.

 

My baby girl, you did so good. You have no idea how proud I am of you.” she cried into my ear and I just let her hug me to death.

 

Oh, look at me. We better get you to YG. Everyone is eager to see you again.” she pushed me outside while picking up her car keys. We climbed into the Bug and we rode of to the YG building. Aiden already went there so I could spend time with my mama but she had other plans.

 

When we pulled up to the building, what seemed like 123,819,486 people ran up to me and gave me a massive group hug all while yelling.

 

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!” we were all screaming and jumping up and down in excitement.

 

Why are me jumping and yelling?” I screamed as I joined them in their activities. They started laughing and dragged me off into the building. They were mainly trainees but I saw Big Bang among them.

 

'Congratulations, Mila-ssi', said a banner in the main hall and sajang-nim was waitng for me with a buffet.

 

“Appa-YG!” I ran up to him and gave him a hug and everyone gasped, I am probably the only one not scared of sajang-nim, he is like my Korean father.

 

“Well done, Mila-yah. Keep up the good work. We were thinking of making two more music videos for your first album. One for 'Listen' and another for 'Bootylicious'. “ he informed me and I became even more excited.

 

I was suddenly attacked from behind by Jiyong and he spun me around. I giggled and screamed in surprise. When he put me down, I gave him an Eskimo kiss before pecking him on the lips.

 

You only made your debut a month ago and you have already achieved more than some artists did in their whole career. Well done, Angel.” he whispered in my ear and I shivered in delight. The things he did to me.

 

“Kiss! Kiss!” Seungri started chanting and everyone joined in. Jiyong and I just stared at each other, shrugged and started making out in front of everyone. It sent sparks across my body and I just melted into the kiss.

 

“Eew! Noona! Hyung! Stop it!” Seungri started complaining but that just made Jiyong and I kiss harder. When we separated, we just laughed and held each other.

 

The next few days, my manager, myself, sajang-nim and a director were discussing the two new music videos and what they would be like. I wanted to recreate my audition for the 'Listen' music video and the 'Bootylicious' music video to be different.

 

The song is about someone really attractive with a big , so why not have people of all races, colours, sizes and styles in the video and just have a bit of fun?” I suggested and they nodded in agreement.

 

Yeah, to show anyone can be 'Bootylicious'.” the director agreed and wrote it down.

 

Perfect, now onto outfits and set.” sajang-nim moved on.

 

We talked for another hour before we got all the information we needed. The 'Bootylicious' music video is set to be filmed next week. I am in charge of gathering people to be in the video. Time to make some calls.

 

I managed to get people of all shapes, sizes and ethnicity. I got a few of my friends from America to fly in and some of the artists here as well are going to join in.

 

Okay, everyone! Welcome to the shooting of 'Bootylicious'! We are just going to have some fun today, some of us will be dancing and strutting our stuff and the rest will just sit there and look beautiful. Okay, off to the changing rooms.” the director called and everyone scrambled off.

 

The day goes really well, Izzy, Minah, Jiyong, Seungri and my friend Taylor all showed up to record it. We had a lot of fun with it. There were a few people that I didn't know, they were dancers from around the world, but it was fun none the less.

 

(A/N: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyYnnUcgeMc&list=RDIyYnnUcgeMc#t=35 there is the music video.)

 

Thank you everyone for coming, I hope y'all had as much fun as I did. Now, lets go demolish that buffet table then go to bed!” I cheered and everyone cheered along with me.

 

“Angel, that was really good.” Jiyong gave me a back hug while I ate my salad.

 

“Aw, thanks J, you were really good too.” I gave him a kiss on the lips.

 

Ooh, Mimi, is this him?” Izzy came up to us and looked at Jiyong with a critical eye.

 

Yes, Izzy, this is Jiyong Kwon, my boyfriend. J, this is Isabelle Taylor, my best friend since we were babies.” I made introductions and Jiyong smiled at her. Izzy is still giving him the once over and I find myself nervous. If she doesn't like Jiyong, my relationship with Jiyong is doomed.

 

Medium build, handsome, soft look in his eye, handles you with care, great smile, you still haven't had a proper make-out session so you haven't had yet which means you are taking things slow and is respectful of each others decisions. I deem him worthy, congratulations. I think Chrissie will like him, too.” Izzy deduced after giving him a careful look. She is a master of judge of character.

 

“Well... at least Izzy likes you. I was expecting her to say something mean. You really must be my perfect match.” I turned to face him with a soft smile on my lips.

 

“Talking about people who care about us... I'm visiting my family this weekend and I was wondering if you would like to come and meet them?” he asked timidly.

 

Meeting the parents...

 

“I will love to meet them!” I enthused but inside I was panicking. What if the didn't like me? What if they don't want me with their son?

 

When the filming finished, I looked back longingly, like I did with my first music video recording. I will miss this, the lights, the cameras and performing with friends. I will miss this.

 

A/N: There you go, another chapter for y'all. Please comment ship names and tell me how I'm doing. If you have any ideas, just comment of PM me! :D

It's a long weekend for me so I will try and update tomorrow.

 

-OurAria x