♥ Luhan & the Giants pt. 1

Exo Family Stories

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/40/6d/93/406d9350ea424e556bc8fd39a6959bf4.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/3818324c8360c82062eb50f69458e1ef/tumblr_n0vrxsqTOL1sblhg1o1_500.gif

For autumndeer. ♥

 

 

 

 

 

Tiptoeing Luhan stretched out to reach the new bottle of fabric softener, grumbling when he couldn’t get a grip of it from where it was on the top shelf. “Chanyeol,” he called out in a frustrated tone. “Can you come here for a second?”

 

“What is it?” The boy asked as he peeked into the laundry room.

 

“Can you get me the fabric softener, please? Your father has put it up there.”

 

“Sure,” Yeol nodded after looking up. Pushing past his father, he reached for the bottle without any great effort. “Here you go.”

 

“Thanks,” Luhan sighed, taking the bottle.

 

“Anything else you want me to do?”

 

“Yes, take the laundry basket with you and tell Sehun that he still has to do the dishes.”

 

“Roger,” Chanyeol said as he tucked the blue basket full of neatly folded clothes under his arm.

 

Luhan watched as his older son left the room and sighed as Chanyeol ducked his head to not collide with the drop light that was hanging from the ceiling. He couldn’t believe how tall he already was.

 

He had always guessed that both of his sons would be taller than him but he would have never thought that they would tower him at such a young age. It kinda frustrated him.

 

Frowning and grumbling to himself, Luhan opened the bottle of fabric softener. Just as he poured some of the nice smelling liquid into the washing machine, a shout sounded up.

 

“You !”

 

“Oh no, not again.” Sighing, Luhan put the bottle away and switched on the washing machine before he left the laundry room and made his way to the staircase. “What’s going on up there?”

 

“Nothing,” Chanyeol shouted back.

 

“I give you nothing,” was Sehun’s growl heard. “Baba, because of Yeol I spilled my soda. My whole keyboard is wet.”

 

“It’s not my fault that you’re too dumb to drink.”

 

“I only spilled it because you threw a pair of socks at me.”

 

Breathing in, Luhan rubbed his temples. Having teenage kids was a pain sometimes. “Both of you come here,” he shouted up the stairs. “Now!”

 

As both boys showed up, the father folded his arms over his chest. “Do you always have to fight?”

 

“He started it,” Sehun grumbled, pointing at his older brother.

 

“I just brought you your clothes and told you to do the dishes,” Yeol growled back. “You told me to off.”

 

“Excuse me, what?” Luhan asked, looking at his younger son. “Did you really say that?”

 

Puffing his cheeks, Sehun gazed to the floor. “Maybe.”

 

“What did I tell you about using this kind of vocabulary?”

 

“That I’m not allowed to use it at home.”

 

“Right,” Luhan nodded. “You can talk like that to your friends but not to a family member.”

 

Sehun huffed. “You treat me like a child.”

 

“Sehun, you are fourteen. You are a child.”

 

Chanyeol snorted at the comment, flinching when Luhan glared at him. “I’m not sure what you’re laughing at, young man. Sixteen is not adult either.”

 

This time it was Sehun who grinned.

 

“You,” Luhan said and pointed at the younger. “Go and clean your keyboard. And then you do the dishes. I don’t want you to remind you again.

 

“Yeah,” Sehun nodded, turning away to walk up the stairs.

 

“And you go and clean the cat litter.”

 

“Why?” Yeol whined. “I did nothing wrong.”

 

“You threw socks at your brother.”

 

“Seriously? It was just a pair of socks.”

 

“Don’t discuss with me, Chanyeol,” Luhan growled. “Go.”

 

Huffing the boy stomped away, mumbling something Luhan couldn’t understand. It really wasn’t easy to have kids in an age where hormones dominated their behavior. Chanyeol and Sehun were currently at a stage where they were fighting over the most ridiculous things in one second but would be the best friend in the other.

 

Luhan was sure that he wasn’t like that when he was a teenager and his sons got this weird behavior all from Yifan.

 

Just as his thoughts revolved around his husband, the man unlocked the door to their house, stepping into the hall. “I’m home.”

 

Luhan turned to the tall man, smiling at him. “Hey.”

 

“Hey,” Yifan greeted back. “Are boys out? It’s so quiet,” he stated as the stepped towards Luhan.

 

Luhan hummed into the welcome kiss he got. “Chanyeol’s cleaning the cat litter, Sehun his keyboard and then he has to do the dishes.”

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“The usual chaos.”

 

Yifan chuckled slightly. “Shall we go out for dinner?”

 

“Alone with the monsters?”

 

“Well, I thought about a family dinner but if you need some time to breathe, we can go alone.”

 

Luhan sighed loudly. “No, it’s okay. It’s been awhile since we went out together,” he then smiled. “Any ideas where we could go?”

 

“I thought of feeding our kids some food we grew up with. My coworker told me about a Chinese restaurant by the mall. The owners and all workers there are Chinese, he said that the food is really good. And they serve Peking duck.”

 

“Yeah,” Luhan nodded. “We should definitely go there.”

 

Luhan and Yifan would not say that their kids were not familiar with the Chinese culture and cuisine but since they both were born in Korea, had Korean names and both of the parents had spent most of their lives in Korea, the boys were definitely more Korean than Chinese. Nothing bad but sometimes Luhan thought that they had to be reminded where their roots lay.

 

“Yeol, Sehun,” Luhan called out. “Come here.”

 

While Chanyeol wordlessly appeared in the doorway, Sehun huffed as he shuffled towards the stairs from his room. “Baba, ey. I’m almost done, don’t stress.”

 

“Change that tone, young man,” Yifan said, looking up the stairs. “Don’t talk like that to your father.”

 

“I’m sorry, Dad,” Sehun quickly apologized, ducking his head a little.

 

“Whatever you’re doing, hurry up. We’re going out for dinner and I want to leave in around half an hour.”

 

Both teenagers nodded. “Alright.”




 





 

It was one those days where Chanyeol and Sehun were complete angels.They behaved exemplary, did what Luhan asked them to do right away without complaining and they did not fight at all. As Luhan came back from his appointment at the hair salon he found his boys in the living room, playing some video games.

 

Chanyeol half lay, half sat on the couch, grumbling over something that had happened in the game while Sehun lay on his stomach, wiggling his feet in joy. “What are you playing?”

 

Chanyeol looked up to him. “Mario Kart,” he answered. “You look good,” he then added with a smile.

 

Sehun nodded in approval as he also looked at his father. “Yeah, suits you.”

 

“Thank you,” Luhan said, returning the smile.

 

“Do you want to play with us?”

 

The question caught Luhan a little of guard. “Uh, m-me, playing with you?”

 

“Yes,” Yeol said. “It’s much more fun with three players.”

 

“B-but I don’t know what to do? I never played this before.”

 

Sehun made a sound as he rolled to the side to sit up. “Ahh, it’s easy. You can choose a character and a car and then we race. Come, we’ll explain it to you.”

 

Luhan’s heart jumped in joy as his son explained him how the game would work and what to do when he would get a green, red or blue tortoise shell. He enjoyed and cherished moments like this, moments where his sons were not on their ‘parents are uncool and annoying’ trip.

 

He knew it was just a phase but he couldn’t help but miss the times the boys would seek his attention and affection, wanted to be nothing but close to him and cuddle all the time. He knew that deep down they still were his little boys and puberty was blamed for the muddled up teenager minds and he couldn’t wait for the day they would switch back to normal, non hormonal controlled behavior.

 

Luhan was better than expected at the game, even won a couple of races, surprising himself and his sons. He loudly cheered as he drove past Chanyeol, crossing the finish line before him. “Yes!”

 

“Oh what,” Sehun whined and dropped his controller onto the couch. “How’s that even possible.”

 

“Beginner’s luck,” Luhan chuckled.

 

“Probably,” Chanyeol nodded, watching as the animated characters celebrated the winner of the grand prix. He then put his controller away and let his head fall onto Luhan’s shoulder.

 

Luhan smiled at the boy and stoke him over the cheek as Chanyeol turned to his side.

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure, everything.”

 

“You and Dad met in school right?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Yes. We met when we’re your age. Why? Did you meet someone?” He wanted to coo when Chanyeol gave a nod. “A boy or a girl?”

 

“A boy,” the teenager answered. “He’s in my music class and he’s really nice and I’m not sure but I guess I have a crush on him.”

 

“You don’t have a crush on him,” Sehun spoke up. “You’re head over heels!”

 

“Oh shut up,” Yeol grumbled. “You have to talk.”

 

Luhan raised his brows. “Oh, you too?”

 

Sehun flushed and just stuck out his tongue at his older brother.

The father chuckled, shaking his head a little as he turned back to look at Chanyeol. “So, you think you have a crush and is that bad?”

 

“No, it’s not,” the boy said. “But I’m not sure if I should tell him, like y-you know asking him out or something.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Kyungsoo is a hard nut crack,” Sehun threw in.

 

“His name is Kyungsoo?”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Yeah, he’s quite popular, you know. But he kinda turns down everyone. He’s different from us.”

 

“What does that mean?” Luhan wanted to know. “Different?”

 

“He already knows what he wants to be in future. He wants to study medicine and become a surgeon.”

 

“Oh, that’s impressive. I’d like to have him as a son-in-law.”

 

Chanyeol blushed at the teasing. “Baba.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Luhan apologized, chuckling a little. “But I’m a little confused. Is it bad that he already knows that he wants to become a doctor?”

 

“No, but he’s-I don’t know how to explain it,” Yeol whined. “It’s like he’s a plan for his life.”

 

“And you’re afraid that you’d not fit in in case he does not turn you down?”

 

“Yeah, kinda. He says that our age is stupid when it comes to relationships because we lack experience and we’re caught in between of being kids and adults. We know what we want but also don’t know what we want. He rather waits until he’s older and date someone who has a stable life, so a possible relationship would last long.”

 

“W-wow,” Luhan voiced out. “That kid is very mature, at least in his thinking. Is he really your age?”

 

“Of course he is,” Yeol laughed. “But you see, that’s why I’m afraid to ask him out. How did you and Dad survive school and college?”

 

“That was not hard. We’re just simply in love with each other. And when you love someone you face all hardships that might come up together and you find a solution for it. There was a time where your Dad and I were seperated for a year. He went to Canada to study and I had to stay in China. It was hard, yes, but the phoned a lot and we just knew that we’re gonna make it.”

 

“Why did you get married so early?” Sehun asked. “Was it because of that year?”

 

“Yes and no,” Luhan smiled.

 

“What’s the ‘no’?” Yeol wanted to know.

 

“You,” Luhan laughed, playfully nudging his son’s nose. “We talked about marriage before but you were the reason we kinds hurried into it. Your Dad didn’t want to have a illegitimate child.”

 

“Oh,” both boys voiced out. “Never noticed that,” Sehun said. “Right, you got married in July and Yeol’s born in November.”

 

“So, you married after four years of relationship?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Yes. There were a lot of people who said that it would be too early but hey, we were already together for four years. Other people get married too after that time and nobody says something to it.”

 

“So, they just said it because you were young?”

 

“I guess,” the father nodded. “Twenty is weird age. You’re an adult but you don’t feel it yet. You still have a lot of things to learn and sometimes you just want to go home and have your childhood back. It’s hard to grow up but I wasn’t alone. Your Dad and I matured together, we faced the hardships of being an adult together and we made mistakes together. That’s how life is, it’s not always easy or goes as you planned and if you ask me, nothing is better than experiencing life with someone who’s just as inexperienced as you are. It’s a lot more fun and by the end of the day you know that the person you’ve experienced thing together with is with you, no matter how ty the day was,” he paused and gave Chanyeol a smile. “So try it, go to him and ask him out. And if he says no, ask him why and then point out your point of view. It either works or it doesn’t but at least you’ve tried it.”

 

Chanyeol let the words sunk in before he eventually nodded. “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” he then smiled. “Thank you, Baba.”

 

Luhan hummed at kiss that was pressed to his cheek. “You’re more than welcome, honey.” He then looked at Sehun, who by the time had also moved into cuddle position. “So and what about you? Who’s the one you have crush on?”

 

Sehun puffed his cheeks. “His name is Baekhyun.”

 

“And he’s loud and hyper,” Yeol added. “Cute though, I give him that.”

 

Luhan chuckled. “Is he in your class?”

“No,” Sehun sighed. “He’s a year older than me but we have drama class together.”

 

“So, and because he’s older you don’t want to tell him that you like him?”

 

“No,” the boy said. “I’m not sure but I guess he likes someone else. There’s this guy and I think Baekhyun likes him that way.”

 

“But you’re not sure.”

 

“No.”

 

“Then you have to find out,” Luhan suggested.

 

“But how?”

 

“Go to him and tell him that you like him. And if he really likes that other guy, he’ll probably tell you that he likes someone else.”

 

“I can’t do that!” Sehun whined and pressed his forehead against his father’s shoulder.

 

“That’s the only tip I can give you, both of you. Go for it. If you don’t try it, you might miss the chance of something real big.”

 

“How did you tell Dad that you liked him?” Chanyeol wanted to know.

 

“I didn’t,” Lu said. “He did. He came to me, told me that he likes me and that he’d like to go out with me. And I said yes. I wasn’t in love with him, I didn’t even have a crush on him but he seemed nice and so I gave him a chance. And look where we are now. He being brave enough to ask me out and me giving him a chance brought us here. And it’s the best thing that had ever happened.”

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh. “I’d like to be popular and that people would come to me, confessing. This seems much easier.”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun agreed. “Much easier.”

 

Luhan laughed out at their sighs. He gave each son a kiss on the forehead and wrapped his arms around them. “I know, growing up is complicated and all the love stuff is even more complicated but you’ll see. The right one will come to you.”




 


 

Yifan came home to his son’s shouting at one another and clenched his jaw at choice of words the two teenangers were using. Taking off his jacket and shoes, he dropped his briefcase to the floor and went to look for his husband. He found Luhan in kitchen, sitting at the table, crying.

 

“Babe,” he gasped at the smaller’s red, puffy eyes. “What’s wrong?”

 

Luhan couldn’t bring out a word, only pointed out of the room, hiccuping.

 

“Come here,” Yifan said as he grabbed his husband by the arm to pull him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around him and rubbed his back as Luhan bawled into his shoulder.

 

When he had seemed to have calmed down, Yifan loosened the embrace. “What happened?”

 

Luhan breathed in. “Y-yeol asked me if the could go the a birthday party this weekend but I said no, since he came home with bad math exam. Then he found out that Sehun is allowed to go to the movies with his friends and snapped, yelling at me that it wouldn’t be fair since Sehun would’ve screwed up his homework assignment and that I would prefer Sehun since he’s younger. Then Sehun started yelling at him for being telltale and that it would’ve been their secret that he got an F for this homework and when I asked him to show me the homework, hell broke loose. I h-have no idea what happened but they almost jumped at each other. Chanyeol hates everything, I’m the worst parent ever and Sehun would rather go to a boarding school instead of living with us.”

 

Yifan sighed loudly. “You know that they don’t mean it, right?”

 

“I know,” Luhan cried out. “But I can’t take it anymore. All this fighting and all those bad words. How would you feel if they would tell you they hate you every now and then. Puberty or not, it hurts. It hurts badly.”

 

Cupping the smallers face, Yifan pulled him into a kiss. “I’ll go and talk to them and you calm down and leave for a while. Call Yixing and ask if he has time or go shopping. But leave and get your head free, okay?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Will you give me your credit card?”

 

The taller laughed out. “Of course.”

 

After calming down and washing his face with some cold water to reduce the swelling of his eyes, Luhan went to leave husband and kids alone. Yifan could get loud when the boys were misbehaving and he knew that Yifan wanted him out of the house because he didn’t like it when he was raising his voice, though it was right most of the times.

 

Yifan waved after Luhan as he drove off and immediately called out for his sons after shutting the front door. “Chanyeol! Sehun!”

“What!?” Came from upstairs.

 

“Move your asses over here! Now!”

 

“He started it,” Sehun immediately bickered as he came down the stairs. Chanyeol rolled his eyes at his younger brother, grimacing.

 

“Shut your mouth,” Yifan said. “Go to the kitchen.”

 

The boys sat down at the kitchen table, glaring at each other. “That’s all your fault,” Sehun hissed.

 

“Oh you,” Chanyeol grumbled back.

 

“Shut up,” Yifan growled. “What hell is wrong with you two?”

 

“It’s not my fault,” Sehun said. “Yeol is an .”

 

“Sehun, stop it”

 

“What?”

 

The father breathed in. “Alright, I have to tell you something and I’d like you to listen to me. Got that? I don’t want to hear a single sound.”

 

“Yeah,” Yeol nodded. “Got it.”

 

“Good,” Yifan said. “Well, Chanyeol, my dear son, since you hate everything and Baba obviously is the worst parent ever, I’d like you to move out. We’ll give you two weeks to find a place a stay.”

 

The boy’s face fell and his eyes widened in shock. And so did Sehun’s. “W-what,” the younger brought out. “A-are you serious?”

 

“Dead serious,” Yifan nodded. “And you can pack your bags, too. The desired boarding school you rather would live is waiting for you. Is England to your like?”

 

“D-dad,” Yeol brought out, face pale. “I d-didn’t mean to say that.”

 

“Are you sure? You’ve said that quite a lot in past few weeks.” Yifan could see his son’s eyes filling with tears. “If you don’t mean, why are you repeating yourself?”

 

Chanyeol gulped. He wasn’t able to fight back the tears that blurred his view and cried out. Sehun bit his lip as he looked at his brother, feeling sorry and guilty. “Daddy, we really didn’t mean it,” he said, voice quiet and a little shaky. “We’re sorry.”

 

“Have you any idea how it feels when you devote your life to someone and that someone tells you that they hate you only because they don’t get what they want?” Yifan asked. “Any idea, no?”

 

Both boy’s kept quiet.

 

“You are my sons and hell I love you and I tolerate a lot of stuff you do but hurting the person I love most is something I won’t tolerate. Your Baba is not planning all this time around you, giving everything he has to you to be treated like that.”

 

Chanyeol’s shoulders were shaking from his crying and Sehun also had lost the battle against his tears. His lower lip was trembling and he hiccuped every now and then.

 

“Shall I go around and tell you that I hate you? Shall I yell at you only because I’m annoyed? Boy’s please, you’re old enough to think about what leaves your mouth. We taught you to communicate using proper words when something bother or annoys you. Do we shout at you when you annoy us?”

 

“N-no.”

 

“So, then please don’t shout at us. If you’re angry and don’t feel like talking, go and calm down. But don’t shout. And don’t use all those bad words.”

 

“W-where is Baba?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Out, calming down and getting his head free.”

 

The boy nodded, eyes focused on the cup that stood on the kitchen table.

 

“You can go back to your rooms now,” Yifan said. “But you know that I insist you to apologize to Baba.”

 

“O-of course,” Sehun mumbled as he slowly rose up from his chair.

 

Unlike his older brother, Sehun literally flew out of his room as he heard the front door being unlocked. Luhan shrieked a little as his younger son jumped at him, almost crushing him. The bags he held in his hands dropped to the floor at the action. “Baba, I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. Please, forgive me. I didn’t mean to be so mean to you. I’m sorry.”

 

His son’s voice was shaky and Luhan slung his arms around the teenagers waist, pulling closer. “It’s okay,” he said.

 

As Sehun pulled back he had his lips pursed into a pout. “I’m really sorry.”

 

“I know,” Luhan smiled, lifting his hand to caress the boy’s cheek. “But please think before you speak next time, ok?”

“I promise,” Sehun almost squeaked and planted a kiss on Luhan’s lips. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Uh, do you need help with that?” Sehun asked as his eyes fell onto the bunch of bags that lay on the floor by Luhan’s feet.

 

“Oh, that would be nice,” the father smiled.

 

“Oof, why are they so heavy? And so many.”

 

Luhan chuckled. “Your father gave me his credit card.”

 

“Oh,” Sehun voiced out with a laugh. “Well, that explains a lot.”

 

“It’s not all for me, I bought you and Chanyeol something too. Where is he by the way.”

 

Sehun kept quiet for a second. “He’s in his room,” he then said. “He’s really sorry but still shocked by something Dad said, uh, he’s crying.”

 

Luhan breathed in, frowning. He knew that his kids had to be scolded sometimes but he hated it when it caused them to cry. Especially now where they were older because if they really broke into tears the chosen words must’ve had a deep impact. “Where is your father?”

 

“Uh, outside I think? He mentioned something about the grill.”

 

“Alright,” Luhan said. “Just leave the bags there, ok? We can look at them later.”

 

“Okay,” Sehun nodded. After dropping the bags to the floor by the wall he walked off and disappeared into kitchen.

 

Luhan also let go of the bags and then went to find husband. He found Yifan on the terrace. The man was leaning over the grill, mumbling something to himself. Only when Luhan cleared his throat he noticed that he wasn’t alone anymore. “Oh, hey babe,” he smiled. “Did you just come home?”

 

“What have you said to the boys?”

 

“Uh, why?”

 

“Because Sehun clung to me like a koala a minute ago and Chanyeol’s obviously crying over something you’ve said. So what was it?”

 

“I just put them in place. Well, I might have said something like if they really hate it here, they can pack their bags and leave. And I might have added that they have two weeks to prepare.”

 

“Yifan,” Luhan sounded offended. “What the hell? How can you say something like that? You know how sensitive they are, especially Yeol.”

 

“I’m sorry. You’ve never cried because of them, I was in rage.”

 

“Still, this is not right.”

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I’ll apologize later.”

 

Luhan gave his husband a nod and one last look before he went back inside and made his way to Chanyeol’s room. The boy didn’t answer to his knock and when he opened the door and stepped into the room he found his son laying in his bed. He was wrapped into his blanket and sobbed quietly. It broke Luhan’s heart.

 

“Yeol,” he softly called out as he walked towards the bed. He sat down behind the blanket burrito and peeked over Chanyeol’s shoulder to see his face. “Hey, come on, look at me.”

 

The boy’s eyes were puffy and red, cheeks wet from his tears and Luhan gave him encouraging smile. “There, there,” he said and reached to wipe some of the tears off Chanyeol’s cheeks. “Stop crying.”

 

The boys lip quivered as he opened his mouth. “B-baba, I-” His voice cracked and he broke out into tears again.

 

“I know,” Luhan smiled. “Come here,” he opened his arms and waited for Chanyeol to sit up. He embraced the boy and rubbed his back as he sobbed into the crook of his neck.

 

“I p-p-promise to never say something like that again.I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, honey. Let’s forget it.”

 

“T-thank you, Baba,” Chanyeol hiccuped, humming a little as he was kissed on the temple.”I love you.”

 

“And I love you.”




 





 

Luhan came home to his husband weirdly moving to the melody of some pop song. Yifan had never owned something like rhythm and so he looked like an overcooked spaghetti on crack. “Practising for Dancing with the Stars?”

 

Yifan turned around at the ask, never stopping his dance moves. “Do you think I have a chance?”

 

Chuckling Luhan stepped further into the kitchen. “If all the judges are blind, yes.”

 

“Well,” the man said. “At least I have fun.”

 

“What are you doing by the way?” Luhan asked as his eyes fell onto the kitchen counter. A great amount of meat lay on a cutting board and some seasoning stood nearby. “Who’s all this meat for?”

 

“Our boys are having some friends over for dinner. You were not there and you also didn’t answer your phone so I told them it’s okay to bring them over. And since it’s a nice, warm day I thought we make a barbecue.”

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

“I hope it’s okay for you.”

 

“Of course it’s okay,” Luhan smiled. “I’m wondering who they’ll bring over.”

 

Chanyeol came home first and Luhan smiled at the young boy his son brought with him. “Hello,” he greeted him.

 

The boy politely bowed and returned the smile. “Hello,” he said. “I’m Kyungsoo.”

 

The name had Luhan looking up to his son. “Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo. I hope you brought some appetite, my husband is already preparing for the barbecue.”

 

The boy smiled. “Yeah, I skipped lunch so I’m up for dinner.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Uh, may I know where the bathroom is?”

 

“Ah, of course. It’s the door right there.”

 

As Kyungsoo went to the bathroom, Luhan grabbed his son by the hand and pulled him to the kitchen. “Is this what I think it is?” He asked him.

 

Chanyeol flushed a little but shrugged. “I don’t know, I guess. Maybe. I went to him and told him that I like him and I-I don’t know, I talked and talked and I really don’t know, he said yes.”

Reaching out, Luhan cupped his son’s cheeks and pulled him down. “Very, very good. I’m proud of you,” he said and pecked the tip of the boy’s nose. “He’s cute and seems really nice.”

 

“I told you,” the teenager grinned proudly.

 

Luhan let go of his son as the door to the bathroom opened again. Chanyeol went over to Kyungsoo, asking him if he wanted to meet his Dad as well. “Sure,” the boy nodded. “You seem very close to your parents,” Luhan overheard him saying.

 

“Uh, y-yes I am,” Chanyeol said.

 

“That’s nice, I like it.”

 

Luhan smiled to himself. He was really proud that Chanyeol found the confident to talk to his crush and as he thought about the conversation he had with his sons about their crushes, he couldn’t help but wondering if Sehun also would show up with the boy he was head over heels for.

 

He indeed did and the first thing Luhan could tell right away that Baekhyun was a whole lot different then Kyungsoo. The boy loudly introduced himself, letting slip the comment that Luhan looked like doll and that he couldn’t wait to meet Yifan to see where Sehun got his handsome features from the most.

 

“Wow,” Luhan uttered as Baekhyun hopped outside to greet Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. “Yeol didn’t lie, he’s indeed loud.”

 

“He is, a little,” Sehun admitted. “But he’s nice.”

 

“I don’t doubt that,” the father smiled. “And just as I told your brother, I’ll tell you now that I’m really proud of you that you found the courage to talk to him.”

 

Sehun hummed a little, smiling softly. “Yeah, I should’ve done it earlier.”

 

“Well, better late than never,” Luhan smiled. “Can you take this with you when you go outside?”

 

“Sure,” the boy nodded and reached for a bowl full of cut garlic bread.

 

Dinner was accompanied by a lot of laughter and the parents were amused to see that their normally so sassy, younger son could be speechless. Baekhyun had no problem with embarrassing Sehun and to Sehun’s regret he also got along very well with Yifan. They cracked one stupid joke after the other and at some point Luhan stepped in to save his son son from more embarrassment.

 

“Enough now,” he told Yifan. “I mean it, stop it.”

Yifan puffed his cheeks. “Ah, sometimes it to be the younger one,” he commented.

 

“You’re younger?” Baekhyun curiously asked.

 

“Yes,” Yifan nodded. “Just a couple of months, though. Luhan’s born in April and I’m born in November.”

 

“Oh,” Kyungsoo voiced out. “Just like you two, huh? April and November.”

 

Both brothers nodded. “Yes.”

 

“May I ask something?”

 

“Sure,” Luhan smiled.

 

“You seem very young, I mean, at least you seem younger than my parents.”

 

“Ah yeah, we got Yeol when we were both twenty.”

 

“So, you got married because there was a baby on the way?” This time Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yes and no,” Yifan answered. “I wanted to get married before Chanyeol would be born but we also wanted to get married. We’ve been in a relationship for a couple of years.”

 

Luhan smiled, reaching for his husbands hand. “Yeah, we met when we were your age,” he gazed at Yifan, chuckling when the man gave him a wink.

 

Baekhyun let out a long draw “Aw, that’s so cute,” and nudged Sehun’s shoulder. “I want us to be like that.”

 

Sehun madly blushed at the comment but gave a faint nod anyways.

 

Luhan glanced over to Chanyeol, checking up on the boy’s reaction. Normally Chanyeol wouldn’t miss a chance to pick on his little brother but this time he was to busy with only having eyes for Kyungsoo. Luhan gave Yifan’s hand a squeeze to get his attention and nodded his head at the two teenagers as they exchanged sweet smiles.

 

“Ah,” Yifan loudly hummed, immediately getting all the kids attention. “I can’t wait to you getting married.”

 

“Me too,” Baekhyun loudly announced, causing Sehun to blush once again.