♠ BaekSoo 3/3

Exo Family Stories

https://data.whicdn.com/images/275215273/original.gif

 

 

 

 

 

They were tiny, looking so fragile laying in the incubators all connected to different machines that monitored their heartbeats and lung function, Baekhyun felt his heart thumping in his throat. 

 

Their breathing tubes were taped to the sides of their noses with a small colorful bandaid and as shocking as the sight was, Baekhyun had a smile on his face. They were alive and so, so beautiful; his precious baby boys.

 

“I don’t think we have diapers that tiny at home.”

 

His soft spoken comment caused the nurse in the room to chuckle. “Don’t worry,” she said. “When you can take them home they’ll have grown a lot.”

 

Nodding his head, Baekhyun hummed. 

 

“Would you like to hold them?”

 

“I want to wait for my husband to wake up.”

 

Baek desperately wanted to hold his babies, wanted to kiss and cuddle them but he wanted to share this moment with Kyungsoo. The younger was still waking up from his anesthesia and after standing by his babies side for a little more, Baekhyun made his way to his spouse. 

 

When he entered the room his spouse lay in Kyungsoo turned his head to him when Baekhyun stepped towards his bed. “Hey, love.”

 

Kyungsoo gazed up to the older, sighing softly when Baekhyun leaned down to press a kiss to his forehead. “H-how are they?”

 

He was afraid to hear the answer as he still had no idea if his children even survived the early birth but when Baekhyun’s lips curled into a soft smile he knew it all had gone well.

 

“They’re incredible beautiful,” Baek answered. “Do you want to see them?”

 

Of course he wanted. There was nothing more Kyungsoo wanted at the moment than seeing his babies. With Baekhyun’s supported arm wrapped around him, Kyungsoo’s breath hitched a little when he first laid eyes on his boys. They were so small but Baekhyun was right; they were incredibly beautiful. 

 

Sitting down in some comfortable chairs, the parents waited for the nurse to hand them their newborns. Baekhyun had to take his shirt of and got covered up with a fluffy blanket when he was handed one of the boys. As Kyungsoo was wearing a rope he did not have to take it off, just had to open it to free his chest to give his infant the warmth of his body. 

 

“Hey there beautiful,” Kyungsoo whispered, brushing his lips against the small boys tiny ear. “It’s nice to meet you and your brother. Daddy and I are going to take good care of you two.”

 

Sitting in the corner of the room in peace, enjoying the closeness to their, a few hours old, babies, Kyungsoo’s heart ached when he had to leave them again. He knew they were in good hands but he wanted to spend so much more time with them. 

 

Deciding to have dinner together at one of the restaurants in the food court, they got stopped by a nurse midway to the elevator. She smiled at them, handing Baekhyun a pen and two little booklets. “I have already filled in weight, height and the time of birth but-” her smile widened a little. “We’d like to know their names as well.”

 

One of the booklets was colored blue, the other purple just like the little bracelets they wore around their tiny wrists and Kyungsoo curiously flipped them open. “Oh look,” he beamed at the foot prints the nurses had taken from their son’s. “So cute.”

 

Baekhyun leaned over to take a look at the prints and smiled. “It’s truly adorable,” he said while reading through the data. The twins were having the same weight, though one of them was a little smaller than the other. “It’s crazy, isn’t it? We expected them coming next year and now they are here.”

 

Humming, Kyungsoo nodded as he gazed at their birthdate. “I’ve been so careful all the time, I’m still shocked.”

 

“It’s not your fault,” Baek right away said. “Something like that can happen to everyone.”

 

“I know, but still-”

 

“Let’s not worry about it. They came a little too early but they’re healthy and that’s all that matters, right?”

 

Kyungsoo gifted his husband a smile. “Right. It’s all what matters.” he reached for one of the pens and opened it’s cap. “Then it’s time to give them their names, huh?”





 




 

It was a bitterly cold day and Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were dressed up in thick coats, with scarves wrapped around their necks and warm hats covering their ears. As soon as they stepped into the entrance hall of the hospital, Kyungsoo started to take off his gloves and unravelling his knitted scarf from around his neck. 

 

“It got unbelievable cold overnight,” Baekhyun commented as he followed his husband along the hall to the elevators. “Crazy.”

 

Soo hummed. “Yeah, in the weatherforecast they said it’s going to snow tomorrow.”

 

“Urgh, I hate snow,” Baekhyun grumbled. 

 

“Oh honey, you better start to take a like to it. I’m sure your sons will want to play in the snow when they’re old enough.”

 

Kyungsoo’s chuckle had Baek sighing. “Yeah, I’ll start with that next year.”

 

“Next year or next winter?”

 

“Year,” the young man said. “I’ll start making friends with snow next month.”

 

Amused by his husbands expression, Kyungsoo pressed the button of 5th floor. The entire hospital was decorated for Christmas and though the maternity ward was less stacked up with nice decorations, the flickering fairy lights made it look all festive. 

 

“Good morning,” a nurse greeted them with a warm smile. “The twins literally woke up right now and they’re loudly announcing that they’re hungry.”

 

“Then we better hurry,” Kyungsoo smiled. He always was happy when they made it on time for feeding time. Over the past weeks he and Baekhyun had grown close to their baby boys but Kyungsoo knew that feeding them their bottle was an important thing to strengthen their bond.

 

Coming closer to the boys room, their loud cries were clearly heard. “One’s for sure, they got your loud organ.”

 

Baekhyun gasped. “Excuse me?!”

 

Chuckling, Kyungsoo pushed the door to the room over and quickly rushed to the sink to wash his hands. A nurse was there, preparing the boy’s bottles and handed them to the parents once they had cleaned their hands. 

 

“Oh, baby,” Baekhyun cooed as he leaned over the cot to pick up one of his twins. “Daddy’s here, Sehunnie. I’m sorry for being late.”

 

The infants whining stopped the moment Baekhyun gave the bottle to him and the only noise that was coming from his was a faint sound. 

 

Kyungsoo had settled down by the side of the other twins bed, feeding Chanyeol his breakfast bottle. “He seems to have gained weight,” he commented, watching his baby drinking his meal.

 

“Oh, they both have,” the nurse smiled. “They’re doing really great. The doctor would like to have a word with you today,” she said. “I’ll go and get him, okay?”

 

“Yes,” Baek nodded his head, gazing as Kyungsoo when the woman had left the room. “I wonder what he’d like to talk about.”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I’m sure he just wants to keep us updated on their well-being.”

 

“But we’re here everyday, we know everything.”

 

“Just wait and see what he’ll say.”

 

The twins had finished their bottles the moment the doctor came into the room, greeting Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. “Good morning.”

 

“Good morning, doctor,” Kyungsoo greeted back, bringing Chanyeol up to his shoulder to pat his back. “How are you doing?”

 

“Good, good. I can’t complain. How about you?”

 

“Good, too.”

 

“How is your wound doing?”

 

“Almost fully healed,” Soo smiled. “My better half made sure I was resting well.”

 

Baekhyun gave a firm nod to confirm his spouses words. He really had made sure that Kyungsoo was not overdoing it and made sure he had him safe and secure on the couch most hours of the day. 

 

“We were told that you wanted to have a word with us,” Kyungsoo said, adjusting Chanyeol in his arms to cradle him after he had burped.”Did something happen?”

 

“Indeed,” the medic said, smiling. “I’m more than pleased with the boys development. For the past week they’re off the oxygen and they have gained a great amount of weight and I’m more than happy to give you the go to take them home.”

 

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped and Kyungsoo’s eyes grew wide. “R-really? We can take them home?”

 

“Yes. Merry Christmas.”

 

“Gosh, that truly will be a merry Christmas,” Baekhyun beamed, gently cuddling baby Sehun. “I’m so happy.”

 

After receiving that they were able to take their twins home, Baekhyun rushed home to get the babies carriers and warm snowsuits. Before leaving home to head back to the hospital to pick his family up, he made sure the apartment was thoroughly heated so his delicate twins would not freeze.

 

“Great news!” He chirped into the speaker when Jongdae answered his call as he was on the road. “Guess what?!”

 

“Uh-” Jongdae hummed. “You won the lottery?”

 

“Better! Much better!”

 

“Oh god, Baek. Just spit it, I can’t stand your stupid ‘Guess what’ games.”

 

“Woah, woah, why are you in such a bad mood?” Baekhyun asked when his best friend growled at him. “Did something happen?”

 

The deep sigh of Jongdae echoed through Baekhyun quiet car. “Junmyeon is midst of developing mood-swings. No, scratch that, they have taken a full hit on him.”

 

“Man, I’m sorry to hear that. I know what you go through,” Baek hummed, feeling sorry for his friend. 

 

“I have never seen someone so unpredictable when it comes to mood,” Jongdae said. “In the first moment I’m the best husband ever, the love of his life and not a second later I accidentally pour his apple juice into the wrong glass and I’m the most stupid idiot and he can’t believe that he has ever fallen in love with me.”

 

“Well-”

 

“I know,” Jongdae laughed. “But let’s not talk about that. So tell me, what are those great news you want to tell me.”

 

“Oh yeah, the twins are coming home today.”

 

“No way! Really?!”

 

“Yes,” Baekhyun beamed, wiggling a little in joy. “I’m on my way to pick Kyungsoo and them up.If you like and Junmyeon is in the mood you can come over today to meet them.”

 

As their friends and family were not allowed on the ward, none of them hadn’t met the two baby boys yet and both, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were more than excited to finally introduce their precious little angels to everyone.

 

“Of course we want! But are you really okay with it, today?”

 

“Yes, we’d like to share this moment with you guys.”

 

“Have you called your parents already?”

 

“No, we want to surprise them on Christmas,” Baek said.

 

“Aw, that’s cute. I’m sure they’ll be more than surprised.” Jongdae nearly squealed. “Alright, when do you think we can come over?”

 

“Around three?”

 

“Okay, I’ll go and tell Jun then. See you later.”

 

“Yes, see you.” As Baek hang up he was already rolling onto the hospital grounds. Looking for a parking space near the entrance he was able to find a suitable one and quickly rushed into the large building.  

 

Chanyeol did not make any sound as he got dressed, only smacked his rosy lips and eventually even fell asleep. Sehun on the hand twisted and turned when Kyungsoo tried to put on his snowsuit and his whining soon turned into loud crying. 

 

Baekhyun rocked snoozing Chanyeol in his arms and turned away from his husband when Kyungsoo deeply sighed. It was clear that one of their babies was more of a drama queen than the other. 

 

With Sehun eventually dressed they were finally able to sign the release papers and leave the hospital. The drive back home was quite relaxed with Sehun calming down and also falling asleep. 

 

Arrived at home both parents let out a deep, relieved sigh. Finally their boys were home and their life as a family could start. 

 

Leaving his husband in charge to undress the sleeping infants, Kyungsoo headed to the kitchen to make some coffee and pre-prep the twins bottles. It was close to three in the afternoon and he knew, Jongdae and Junmyeon would soon come. 

 

When their friends eventually arrived at their apartment, ringing the doorbell, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were just done feeding the twins. Jongdae’s face lit up when he laid eyes on the two babies and let out a quiet squeal. “Oh my gosh, they are so beautiful.”

 

Kyungsoo bashfully smiled while Baekhyun confidently nodded his head. “Of course they are!”

 

Rolling his eyes, Jongdae clicked his tongue. “You’re only lucky Kyungsoo’s got good genes to inherit.”

 

Baekhyun puffed his cheeks and growled, scowling at his friend. “Remind me why we made this one a godfather?” He grumbled, eyeing his spouse.

 

Kyungsoo only chuckled. He then turned to Jongdae and handed him the infant. “Here, hold him. I need to go to the toilet.”

 

Jongdae gladly took the little boy and gazed at him, smiling. “”Hey there, tiny. How are you doing? It’s nice to finally meet you.” The baby in his arms blinked at him a couple of times, then yawned. “Oh, are you sleepy?” 

 

“We just fed them,” Baek commented, making room for his friends to fully step into the apartment. With Junmyeon and Jongdae following him to the living room, he sat down the couch and then gave the other twin to Junmyeon. 

 

“Who is who?” Junmyeon asked, looking down at the bundle in his arms. 

 

“This is Sehun and Jongdae his holding Chanyeol.”

 

“It’s so unbelievable that they’re already here,” Myeon said, shaking his head a little. “I was so scared when you called and told us that they had to be delivered that day. I’m so glad they made it.”

 

“Me too,” Baek hummed, gazing at his sons. He looked up when Kyungsoo appeared in the doorway and smiled at him. 

 

“How much do they weight now?” Jongdae asked. 

 

“Chanyeol has 1550 grams now and Sehun has 1350 grams.” 

 

“Oh, 200 grams lighter?”

 

“To be fair, Yeol is almost 5cm taller than Sehun.”

 

“Ah, I see,” Junmyeon hummed. He glanced down at Sehun and gently the infant over his rosy cheek. “It’s really nice to hear that they are doing so well.”

 

Smiling Kyungsoo sat down next to Baekhyun on the armrest of the couch and wrapped an arm around the older. “It was a shock but fortunately everything went well and they have done so well so far, I’m optimistic they’ll grow tall and strong.”





 





 

Having twins was great; most of the time. But having twins was also a nightmare; sometimes. With two babies in the house Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were on their feet non stop, changing diapers, preparing bottles, feeding, rocking whiny babies to sleep, washing clothes, disinfecting bottles and dummies.

 

They twins were a great joy but they were equally exhausting. Baekhyun felt bad for leaving for work in the morning, knowing Kyungsoo would need all the help he could get and Kyungsoo felt bad for Baekhyun coming home from hours of work to the twins screaming out their lungs over dirty diaper and empty stomachs.

 

They knew as first-time parents and parents of twins they couldn’t to everything right and that it would take some time for them to perfect their routine of taking care of their son’s but they couldn’t help but feel helpless. 

 

Baekhyun came home from work around half past five with his briefcase tucked under his arm and a plastic bag with take-out form Kyungsoo’s favorite italian restaurant in his right hand. The apartment was abnormally quiet and Baek raised his brows in wonder as he toed of his shoes and dropped his work bag next to the dresser. “Kyungsoo?”


Walking further into the apartment, Baekhyun found his husband and children in the living room. Kyungsoo sat in front of the couch with his back leaned against the furniture, eyes closed. He held Sehun in his arms, feeding the younger twin his bottle. Chanyeol lay on the large baby pillow next to Kyungsoo, peacefully napping. 

 

Baekhyun watched the younger. Kyungsoo looked tired with dark circles under his eyes and skin pale. He felt bad for his spouse and sighed softly. Bringing the bag with the food to the kitchen, he went back to living room and took Sehun and the empty bottle away from Kyungsoo. The baby whined a little but quickly calmed down again. Baekhyun smiled at his son and pressed a gentle kiss to Sehun’s button nose. 

 

As the boy was awake Baekhyun brought him with him to the kitchen where he sat down at the kitchen table. He leaned back into the chair and rested Sehun against his chest, gently rubbing the boy’s back. 

 

The baby smelled heavenly and Baekhyun hummed as he inhaled his scent, the mix  of his natural sweet fragrance and the lotion Kyungsoo daily rubbed into their babies skin.

 

Closing his eyes Baekhyun enjoyed the closeness to his son until the second twin cried out, demanding attention. Sehun had fallen asleep against his chest, so Baek as careful as possible rushed to the living room. He laid Sehun down and picked Chanyeol up. 

 

As the boy let out a choked cry, Kyungsoo startled awake. “Ah-” He gazed down into his lap and then gasped when he noticed Sehun and his bottle missing.

 

“Hey,” Baek cooed, rocking Chanyeol to calm him. “Calm down, he’s there.”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head when Baek nodded at the sleeping baby and sighed deeply. “God, I fell asleep.”

 

“It’s fine,” Baek smiled. 

 

Sighing again, Kyungsoo rubbed his face with both of his hands. “Oh man.” He looked at Baekhyun and frowned a little. “Since when are you home?”

 

“Uhm, twenty minutes?”

 

“Why didn’t you wake me?”

 

“Why? Yeol was sleeping and Sehun was still on his bottle. Everything was fine, I saw no point waking you. I brought food, by the way. I thinks it’s still warm.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “Thank you.” He leaned forwards and pressed a kiss to Baekhyun’s lips. “Have you eaten already?”

 

“No, I wanted to wait for you.” 

 

“Alright, then let’s eat as long as they’re both quiet.”

 

Not even five minutes after they had sat down to have some dinner, Chanyeol cried out. Standing up with the baby in his arms, Kyungsoo walked up and down the kitchen, gently rocking the boy. 

 

Raising from his chair, Baekhyun grabbed the take-out bowl with Kyungsoo’s pasta and a fork and stepped to the younger. “Open up.”

 

Chuckling in amusement, Kyungsoo opened his mouth and let his husband fed him. “Thanks,” he mumbled while chewing his food. 

 

“Don’t talk, chew,” Baek said, scooping up another forkful of pasta.

 

Feeding the younger while he rocked Chanyeol back to sleep, Sehun woke back up the moment Baekhyun put away Kyungsoo’s empty bowl. “I’ll go and get him,” he said with a smiled and walked off to fetch Sehun from the living room. 

 

It was a usual night with both babies whining and crying until they were bathed, well fed and exhausted from being cuddled and kissed. It was only quarter to nine when the twins were fast asleep and the apartment was finally dipped into complete silence. 

 

Worn out, clothes stained with all sorts of stuff and glad that it was finally quiet, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo plopped down the couch. Wrapping an arm around his spouse, Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo close and kissed his plump lips.  “Shall we take a bath?”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “I’m sorry,” he said, yawning a second later. “But all I want is to sleep.”

 

“Well, then let’s get you to bed.”

 

Unlike the younger who only brushed his teeth and changed into some unstained clothes, Baekhyun took a quick shower. When he eventually was ready for bed as well, Kyungsoo was already laying in bed, all wrapped up. 

 

Baek laid down next to him and snuggled close. “Babe?”

 

“Hm?” Kyungsoo blinked his sleepy eyes open. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” Baekhyun smiled. He leaned close and kissed his lips. “I love you.”






 







 

“Bye, bye cutie,” Kyungsoo laughed, playfully poking the baby’s belly to make it giggle. When Minseok laughed you and his eyes cutely curved, Kyungsoo cooed. “Oh, you’re so adorable.”

 

Junmyeon chuckled, trying to hold the wiggling baby in his lap. “Not even with Jongdae he’s so giggly. Amazing, how do you do that?”

 

“I’ve got plenty of practise,” Kyungsoo snickered, gazing at his friend while lovingly baby Minseok over his chubby cheeks. “Chanyeol is naturally joyous and laughing all day long but Sehun is more difficult to amuse.”

 

“I see, the twins are exactly like you and Baek.”

 

“Speaking of my husband, I should head home.”

 

“Why? Afraid that he’ll lose control at home?”

 

“He most likely has already lost it,” Kyungsoo laughed. “Ever since Sehun and Chanyeol started to crawl they lay hands on everything they can reach. They’re so fast, it’s crazy.”

 

“Well then I hope your apartment is still a whole when you get home.”

 

Saying goodbye to Junmyeon and making Minseok giggle on last time, Kyungsoo left his friends apartment and made his way home. On his way there he stopped at the grocery store to buy his boy’s some snacks. 

 

Chanyeol lately was into snacking on sponge fingers and Kyungsoo was not entirely sure if Sehun liked them as much as his brother did but all his twin had, he wanted to have as well. 

 

With snacks in his bags and some meat for his and Baekhyun’s dinner, he unlocked the front door. 

 

“Yeol, no!”

 

Baekhyun’s high pitched squeak caused Kyungsoo to tilt his head. 

 

“Oh, n-no, Sehun not you too!”

 

Curious to see what was going on in the kitchen, Kyungsoo walked there, gasping at scene walked into. “Oh my-”

 

The twins were sitting by the open kitchen cabinet, both covered in flour, from head to toe. Chanyeol had grip the flour pack, squeezing it in joy while Sehun moved his hands through the pile of white, happily giggling. 

 

Baekhyun knelt next to them, desperately trying to stop the two babies from making a mess. His black sweatpants were dusted in flour and their even was some of the grain powder on his head, shading his dark hair. 

 

“What happened?”

 

Whipping his head around, Baekhyun‘s eyes widened. “Oh god! Why are you already here?! It’s not what it looks like!”

 

Kyungsoo laughed out, quick witted reaching into his pocket to take out his phone. “It’s not?” He asked, taking a couple of shots of his family. Baekhyun loudly whined and caused Kyungsoo to laugh even more. “How did they get the flour?”

 

“I swear, I only opened the cabinet for a millisecond. I just wanted to look for a baking dish.”

 

“A baking dish? For what would you need a baking dish?”

 

“We’ve got so many of these sponge cookie thingy’s, I thought I could try and make a Tiramisu for us.”

 

“Aw, that’s cute,” Soo smiled. “Then how about cleaning this mess up and make it then? I’ll bathe the boys in that time.”

 

Humming, Baekhyun nodded his head. There was a pout on his lips and Kyungsoo grabbed him by the face to pull him into a kiss when he had stood up from the kitchen floor. “Don’t make such a face.”

 

“Why is it always me who ends up having a mess?” Baek wailed, remembering that only the day before Sehun managed to spill the baby oil all over the nursery floor because Baekhyun had turned away from him for a moment.

 

Softly chuckling Kyungsoo shrugged. “I don’t know,” he said, tilting his head to kiss the older yet again. “See it from the positive perspective, though. This way our boys have plenty of photos to look back at when they’re older.”

 

Baekhyun frowned. “Are you mocking me?”

 

“I would never,” Soo grinned. “Come on now,” he then said, patting Baekhyun’s chest. “Time to clean up.”

 

While Kyungsoo brought the flour covered twins to the bathroom to bathe them, Baekhyun cleaned the kitchen floor and then took a shower himself. When he was done Kyungsoo was still busy bathing the twins and instead of going back to the kitchen, Baekhyun went to the bathroom and leaned against the doorframe, watching his husband.

 

He loved watching Kyungsoo taking care of their children. He did it with such an ease it amazed Baekhyun. The younger had eyes and ears everywhere when he was with the twins. While one of his hands gently Chanyeol over the head to rub some shampoo into his black locks, his other hand was supporting Sehun’s back, ready to catch the boy in case he would fall back from his joyous wiggling as he played with some bath toys.

 

“Have you ever spent a though on how many children you’d like to have?” He asked his spouse later the evening, when the boys were in bed and peacefully sleeping.

 

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows. “What’s with that sudden question? Do you want to have another baby?”

 

“Sure,” Baek nodded. “Not anytime soon though, but yeah. I’d like to have some more.”

 

“Is there a reason for why it all so sudden crossed your mind?”

 

“I watched you earlier when you’re bathing the boys and, I don’t know, I just thought it would be nice to have some more.”

 

“Some more?” Kyungsoo chuckled. “Of how many more are we speaking here?”

 

“Maybe two more?”

 

Humming, Kyungsoo nipped on his wine. “I guess two more is fine with me,” he said. “But not before Chanyeol and Sehun are at least two years old.”

 

Nodding his head, Baekhyun smiled. “Have you ever thought we’d end up like this?”

 

“As what? Exhausted twin baby parents?”

 

The older snorted. “Yeah, as exhausted twin baby parents and homeowners.”

 

“I guess,” Soo smiled. “Maybe it would’ve been a little more thoroughly planned but yeah, I guess sooner or later we’d have ended like this. Maybe we even would’ve taken the cliche road.”

 

“Cliche road?”

 

“You know, house first, dog first and then kids. I’m not mad though. The boys for sure were a surprise but this way we didn’t have to sit down and eventually talk about when to have a baby.”

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun hummed. “It’s an awkward topic, isn’t it?”

 

“It is,” Kyungsoo agreed. “I’m actually glad we didn’t have to have this talk,” he added with a chuckle. “I bet we’d have fought a lot.”

 

“You think?”

 

“Yes. Just remember the day I told you. I panicked,” Soo uttered. “The first thing that came to my mind was that we needed to find a new, much bigger apartment. I guess if we’d have sat down one day, deciding to have child, we’d have collided. You know me, I need security, I can’t everything as light-hearted as you.” 

 

“Well,” Baekhyun hummed, scooting a little closer to his husband. “Then I should be even more happy that this great night in that motel turned this way, huh?” 

 

He laughed out when Kyungsoo playfully punched him in the chest and wrapped an arm around his middle to pull him close. “I love you,” he said, pecking Kyungsoo’s from wine tinted lips. “And thank you for giving me these breathtakingly beautiful children.”

 

Smiling, Kyungsoo hummed when Baekhyun leaned in for another kiss. “You’re most welcome.”





 





 

“Dada, Dada, Dada, Dada-”

 

It was music to his ears and Baekhyun instantly sunk to his knees to welcome his kids when he came home from work. Chanyeol only moments later came around the corner, toddling towards him with a bright smile on his face. “Dada!”

 

Embracing the boy, Baekhyun kissed his rosy lips and him over the head. Kyungsoo had clipped back Chanyeol’s unruly locks with a pair of bunny hair clips and it made Chanyeol look even cuter than he already was. “Hey there, baby,” he smiled at his son. “Are you alone? Where is Sehunnie?”

 

As his brothers name was mentioned Chanyeol instantly began to babble something only he could understand. Toddling a few meters off he then looked back at Baekhyun and stretched out his arm, pointing to the living room with his tiny finger.

 

Taking of his jacket and shoes, Baekhyun then followed his son to the living room. Sehun was there, laying on the twins play mat with a polka dotted blanket covering his body and white cloth laying on his forehead. His full cheeks wore a rosy tint and it didn’t take Baekhyun a second to get that his baby had a fever. 

 

“Aw, Sehunnie is sick, huh?” Chanyeol pouted cutely, looking at his sleeping brother. Baek smiled and then wrapped his fingers around the older twins torse to pick him up. “Come, let him sleep.”

 

With the boy in his arms Baekhyun made his way to the kitchen to find his husband. “Babe?”

 

“Bedroom,” Kyungsoo voice answered, leading father and son down the hall. “Hey,” the younger smiled when Baekhyun and Chanyeol entered the bedroom. “You’re early today.”

 

Baekhyun hummed, eyes lingering on the bottom half of Kyungsoo’s body as his spouse put on some sweatpants. “There was nothing much to do today,” he eventually said. “Sehun’s sick?”

 

“Ah yeah, he’s got a fever. I went to see a doctor earlier the day and he’s given me some medication for him.”

 

“Is it bad?”

 

“It’s a typical flu,” Kyungsoo said. “He’s fairly uncomfortable and the doctor said we need to make sure that he gets enough fluids.”

 

“My poor baby.”

 

Baekhyun’s sad pout had Kyungsoo smiling. “He’ll do better soon. And until then I’d like you to not kiss him.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Because one sick baby is enough. I don’t need you to shower him with kisses and then accidentally infect Yeol.”

 

“Y-yeah, you’re right. I won’t kiss him then.”

 

“It’ll be only for a few days, you’ll survive it.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to shake his head. Cuddling his son’s, being close to them, blowing raspberries onto their tummies to make them laugh and pampering them with kisses was his biggest joy. Not being able to do all of that to Sehun for an unknown time was hard to endure, even though he knew Kyungsoo was right. They didn’t need Chanyeol to get sick as well, nonetheless his father heart ached.

 

To keep his husband distracted from Sehun, Kyungsoo sent Baekhyun to have a bath with Chanyeol.  With husband and son having some fun, playing in the warm water, Kyungsoo prepared dinner and checked up on Sehun. 

 

Just as he was holding the boy, feeding him some water to keep him hydrated, Chanyeol toddled into the room. He his black hair was a damp mess and he wore his pajamas, watching Kyungsoo as he laid Sehun back down. “Ah, are you and Daddy already done bathing?”

 

“Ya,” the boy answered, nodding his head. He looked up to his Papa when Kyungsoo stood up. “Papa,” he called out, lifting his arms. “Up.”

 

“In a second, sweetheart. Papa has to wash his hands first.”

 

Chanyeol toddled after him, patiently waiting until Kyungsoo had washed his hands and hummed in bliss when he was picked up. He let his head fall onto his father’s shoulder and sighed softly.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

The boy nodded and leaned back, pursing his lips into a pout. “Cookie?”

 

“Cookie?” Laughing, Kyungsoo shook his head. “No honey, you can’t have a cookie for dinner. You can have a cookie after dinner. Do you want to have some soup for dinner?”

 

Chanyeol nodded his head. 

 

“Alright,” Soo smiled. He set Chanyeol back to his feet and him over the head. “Can you go and get Daddy?”

 

Instantly the boy toddled off. “Dada,” he called out for Baekhyun. “Dada! Soup!”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and started to set the table. Slicing some fresh bread and cutting some veggies, he warmed up the stew he had made the day before. Baekhyun and Chanyeol came to the kitchen when he scooped some of the warm food into the boy’s little bowl. 

 

Baekhyun lifted his son into his high chair and tied his colorful bib around his neck. He then gave him his little spoon. “Enjoy your meal.”

 

Chanyeol beamed and mimicked the words as best as he could, then scooped some of the stew up. 

 

Kyungsoo found it important for the kids to train their motor skills as early as possible and so both twins were able to eat on their own. It surely was a mess sometimes, depending on what was on the menu. Stew was by far not the easiest to eat for Chanyeol but he managed it quite well.

 

After dinner the boy got one of his beloved sponge fingers to snack on and sat down the kitchen floor to Kyungsoo’s feet when the father washed the dishes. “Baek,” Kyungsoo called out.

 

“Yeah?” The older came to the kitchen, stopping in the doorway. “What?”

 

“Could you entertain Yeol for a while? I need to get this done and there’s also some laundry I still have to finish but I won’t get this done when he’s following me like a shadow.”

 

“Of course,” Baek smiled. “Yeollie come, we play a little.”

 

With Chanyeol and Baekhyun busy, Kyungsoo finished washing the dishes and did the laundry. All the time father and son’s squeaks and giggles were heard until they eventually faded and it was completely quiet. 

 

Kyungsoo went to look for them, finding both Baekhyun and Chanyeol, in the master bedroom, laying in the middle of the king size bed. The baby lay on top of his after with his small hands fisted into Baekhyun’s shirt.

 

With one half of his family occupying his bed, Kyungsoo decided to spend the night with Sehun. Much to his like the boy’s fever had sunken and he did not cry when Kyungsoo woke him to give him something to drink and his medicine.

 

With Sehun snuggled close Kyungsoo found a rather peaceful and relaxing sleep that ended good eight hours later with someone patting his cheek. Blinking his eyes open he hummed when he was greeted by the smiles of both of their sons. “Hey,” he said, voice a little raspy. “Why are you up already?”

 

“Hungwy,” Chanyeol chirped and Sehun nodded his head. 

 

“Oh really? Then let’s go and find something yummy.”

 

Chanyeol pushed himself to his little feet and dashed off. Sehun, due to his fever, was still a little wobbly on his feet and swayed as took a step forwards. Kyungsoo caught his baby when Sehun was about to fall and picked him up. 

 

“Are you feeling better?” He asked, bringing his hand up to Sehun’s forehead to feel his temperature. He was still warm but Sehun nodded his head to answer the question he was asked. 

 

In the kitchen Kyungsoo set Sehun back to his feet. Sehun instantly moved over to his brother. As the two kids sat together on the floor, babbling something, Kyungsoo started to prepare their breakfast and made some coffee. 

 

It was only a few minutes to seven and way too early for Baekhyun to get up on a Saturday but as he had fallen asleep fairly early the day, Kyungsoo was sure his husband would wake up earlier than usual.

 

Having prepared his son’s breakfast Kyungsoo sat down with them, making sure they properly ate. Sehun ate a little less due to his condition but still managed to eat quite a good portion and drank some fennel tea. 

 

Around an hour later the twins were fed, dressed and their little teeth were throuhougly brushed. Baekhyun was still sleeping but with both twins fully awake and at their peak of their energy, Kyungsoo was sure he was going to wake up soon as the babies happy squeaks and squeals as they played with their toys were fairly loud. 

 

As expected the man not long after shuffled into the living room, eyes a little puffy and hair completely tousled. “Morning,” he yawned.

 

“Dada!”

 

Crouching down, Baek embraced both of his son’s and cuddled them. “Sehunnie, are you feeling better?” He turned his head to Kyungsoo. “He looks still feverish.”

 

“He still is,” Soo nodded. “But as you can see, he’s got most of his energy back.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “That’s good.”

 

Kyungsoo returned the smile. “Would you like to have a coffee?”

 

“Yes, please.”

 

As his spouse went to get him a cup of coffee, Baekhyun moved to sit on the couch. The twins went back to their play area and entertained themselves. “Thanks,” he hummed when Kyungsoo was back, handing him his mug. “Yeol and I fell asleep yesterday, huh?”

 

“It was good though, this way I could sleep with Sehun.”

 

“Is it normal that he’s doing so good already?”

 

“He has sweat a lot during the night and the medication is working well for him. Maybe the fever will raise again later but as for now it I’m glad he’s doing better.”

 

Nodding his head, Baekhyun took a sip of his coffee and gazed at his twins. With Sehun feeling better again and being able to play, Chanyeol looked much happier as the day before. He smiled and shook his head a little.

 

“Hm?” Kyungsoo hummed in question. 

 

“Yeol was so mopey yesterday, I felt so bad for him.”

 

“Well, it’s the first time he was not able to play with Sehun or be close to him,” Kyungsoo said. “After all they’re together everyday, all day long.”

 

“Yeah, I guess. And I guess I have to get used to them not always being extremely happy and smiley.”

 

Smiling, Kyungsoo reached over to give Baekhyun’s thigh a squeeze.”Aw, are you getting emotional?”

 

“Yes,” the man said, faking a sob. “It’s so crazy how fast they grow. In less than two months they turn a year. Where has time gone?”

 

“Well, I guess it’s true when people say that time flies fast when you’ve got kids.”





 




 

Kyungsoo moaned out, grasping onto Baekhyun’s shoulder as the older ed into him. “F-, Baek-” He croaked out. “S-slow down-”

 

Baekhyun ignored the plea and kept going at his pace, only tightening his grip on the younger’s thighs. 

 

Kyungsoo hissed as Baek’s fingers roughly dug into his flesh. The older was extremely lately and Kyungsoo had the man’s hands on him whenever they were alone and with the twins not being home for the day, he knew there was no way he could escape his husband. 

 

They had been on it for a while but Baekhyun didn’t seem to get enough. Kyungsoo groaned when he reached his and arched his back of the mattress in bliss. Baekhyun reached his high only moments later, letting out a delighted, throaty moan. 

 

Kyungsoo laughed out when Baekhyun let himself fall on top of him and nuzzled into the crook of his neck. “Have you run out of energy now?” He snickered, wrapping his arms around the older. 

 

Baekhyun hummed and tilted his head to nip at Kyungsoo’s jaw. “Maybe. Maybe not.”

 

Snorting, Kyungsoo playfully hit his spouses back when Baek started to grind against him. “Seriously. How can you be so ho-ah!”

 

Frowning as Kyungsoo froze underneath him, Baekhyun pulled back. “What?”

 

“Shh,” the younger hushed him. “I think I have heard the twins.”

 

“That can’t be. They’re out wi-” “Daddy! Papa!”

 

Only a second after the twins voices had sounded up again, the doorbell rang. As stung by bees the parents jumped out of their bed and into a couple of clothes. As he skipped towards the front door, Kyungsoo tried to comb down his messy hair with his fingers but he didn’t fool the adult that waited behind the door together with his kids.

 

As soon as the door had opened, a smug smile formed onto their kids godfather. “Had fun?”

 

Kyungsoo shot Kris a glare. “Why are you even here already?” He asked and then gazed down to his kids, gasping at the rather large wound dressings that stuck to both of his twins foreheads. “Oh my god, what happened.”

 

“Well,” the tall Chinese said, stepping into the apartment with two large paper bags in his hands. “Not that I’ve told them to not jump onto the trampoline at the same time-” He said, looking down to the two, from ear to ear, grinning twin brothers. “Long story short, they knocked their heads together.”

 

Sighing, Kyungsoo sunk to his knees. “Are you two okay?”

 

“Yep,” the twins chirped in unison. “Look,” Chanyeol beamed, pointing at their wound dressings. “We got pretty band-aids.” 

 

“Yeah, I can see.”

 

“Where’s Daddy? We wanna show him!”

 

“I think he’s in the bathroom,” Kyungsoo said and instantly the boys ran off to find Baekhyun. Standing up, Kyungsoo eyed the bags in his friends hand. “What’s this?”

 

Kris grinned. “Well, I may have promised to get them a toy when they would not cry at the hospital.”

 

“A toy or a couple of toys?” Kyungsoo wanted to know, quirking a brow at the tall man.

 

“Well-”

 

The father sighed and chuckled. “Come, let’s have a cup of coffee,” he said, nodding towards the kitchen. “So, they knocked their heads together on the trampoline?”

 

“I tell you, my heart stopped beating for second. There was this loud thud and then they both started screaming, I felt like dying,” Kris said, letting out a deep breath. “The wounds didn’t have to get stitched, they were able to use these closure strips but well, you know, those are less exciting than a big, colorful band-aid.”

 

“I guess, yeah.” Kyungsoo laughed, pouring both of them a cup of coffee.

 

“I’m sorry. It didn’t plan on bringing them home so early but the doctor said they may experience some dizziness and the sticky air in the mall was not really helping, so I thought I better bring them home. Though I guess you’re not so happy with that.”

 

“Wipe off that grin,” Kyungsoo grumbled when Kris wiggled his eyebrows at him. “Actually, you kinda rescued me.” 

 

The Chinese snorted. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“Baek’s mutated into a teenager, I swear.”

 

“At least you’ve got someone .”

 

“Aw, what are you saying,” Kyungsoo cooed. “I thought you’re seeing this cutie from your workplace. What was his name again?”

 

“Luhan,” the man answered. “I do see him, we went out yesterday but he’s a hard nut to crack. I happen to run into him today when the twins and I were having lunch.”

 

“And?”

 

“You need to teach Chanyeol to keep his mouth shut. He embarrassed me to the bones.”

 

Biting down his lip, Kyungsoo tried to not snort. “W-why?” He asked, swallowing the urge to laugh. “What did he say?”

 

“Well, Luhan gave me a hug and your son right away, in a very loud voice, asked if we’d be boyfriends, if we’d get married and if we’d have a baby because he desperately would like to be friends with our baby.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo said but heartly laughed. “I’m so sorry.”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Kris rolled his eyes. “Have you any idea how Luhan looked at me? He now probably thinks I’m a weird loony who imagines our future together!”

 

“It would be a nice future though.”

 

“Kyungsoo, you’re not really helping!”

 

“Oh, come on,” Soo said. “Chanyeol is a child, Luhan for sure found it amusing. And apart from that, you have to complain about Chanyeol’s big mouth to my dear husband because Yeol has clearly got from him.”

 

“What did Yeol get from me?” Baekhyun’s voice sounded up and a moment later the man stepped into the kitchen. “Our kids have knocked their heads together?”

 

“Yes, they have. But it’s not that bad,” Kyungsoo said. “And Yeol’s got his babbling from you. Apparently our son has embarrassed Kris a little in front of his crush.”

 

“A little,” the Chinese mumbled. “I was close to dying.”

 

Baekhyun only shrugged his shoulders. “Well, you didn’t die so I couldn’t be that dramatic.”

 

“Babe, be a little more sympathetic,” Kyungsoo chuckled when their friend puffed his cheeks. “Are you staying for dinner?” He then asked, waiting for Kris to answer. “Shall I make some lasagna?”

 

“Yes, please.” The tall Chinese nodded. “With double cheese?”

 

“If it makes you feel better, sure.”

 

Kris left their home an hour after dinner and while Baekhyun washed the dishes, Kyungsoo got the twins ready for bed. The two two-and-a-half years old twins were exhausted and Kyungsoo was sure it wouldn’t take long for them to want to go to bed.

 

Showered and with brushed teeth, the boys went to the living room. “Here, Daddy.” Sehun said and offered Baekhyun the lotion bottle before he climbed onto the couch.

 

Taking the lotion, Baek poured some of it into his palm and then then started to rub it into the skin of his son’s small back. 

 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol came to the room only moment later and after draping their little pajamas over the armrest of the couch, Kyungsoo grabbed the lotion bottle. ‘Did you have fun today?” He asked the kids while gently massaging Chanyeol’s arms. 

 

“Yes,” Sehun nodded. “So much fun!”

 

“Oh, and you met uncle Kris’s friend, huh?”

 

“Yes! Luhan!”

 

“Luhan is pretty,” Sehun added and Chanyeol nodded in agreement. “So pretty!”

 

Kyungsoo snickered. “I’ve heard that you asked if they would get married.”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Would you like them to get married?” Baek asked, chuckling when both boys eagerly nodded their heads.

 

“Marry and baby,” Chanyeol chirped, happily clapping his hands together. “I wanna play with baby!”

 

“You want to play with a baby?”

 

“Me too,” Sehun squeaked. He turned his head to look at Baekhyun. “Daddy, we have baby?”

 

Eyes widening, the parents looked at one another. “Uh, you want a baby?” Kyungsoo carefully asked. “A baby sibling? A little brother or sister?”

 

Sehun and Chanyeol nodded. “Yes!”

 

“Well, uh-”

 

“You know what, boy,” Baek spoke up, beaming. “That’s an awesome idea! Let’s have baby!”

 

“Yay!

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

“What?” Baek grinned. “You only said not before they’re at least two and now they’re even over two years old. And they’re practically asking us to have another baby, so why not?”

 

Lost for words, Kyungsoo just stared at his husband and his stupid grin. “I-”

 

“What would you like to have, a sister or a brother?” Baekhyun asked the twins. 

 

“Sister and brother,” Sehun bamed, wiggling in joy.

 

“Oh-ho, sure,” Baek said, nodding his head. “I guess Papa and I can do that!”

 

Shaking his head, Kyungsoo smiled to himself as Baekhyun and the twins enthusiastically started to chat about babies and how cute they were and later the night, when the toddlers were asleep, he sat down next to his husband on the couch. “So, another baby, huh?”

 

“Pretty please,” Baek grinned, batting his lashes. 

 

“Boy and girl.”

 

“Well, I just said that in that moment. I was excited. You know I don’t care about the gender.”

 

“Then, we should start preparing for an addition to the family, huh?”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “Are you really okay with it?”

 

“Sure,” Soo nodded. “You know my only condition was that the twins were at least two. Now would be the perfect time. They start Kindergarten in less than six months and that would take some work off my shoulders because they wouldn’t be there during the noon.” 

 

Humming, Baekhyun nodded his head. “So, it’s set? We gonna have another baby?”

 

“Yes,” Kyungsoo smiled. “But not tonight! I have had enough of you for today.”

 

“Aw,” the older fake whined. “Too bad.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed out when he was pulled into a hug and Baekhyun cuddled him. “I love you.”

 

“I love you more! No, scratch that! I love you most!” Baekhyun nearly shouted and Kyungsoo had to hush him. “Don’t be so loud,” the younger laughed. “You’ll wake the boys.”

 

“Sorry,“ Baekhyun apologized. “But I mean it. I love you so much, you’ve got no idea. Every day I wake up next to you, I feel so blessed. You’ve been with me for so long, I’ve grown with you. You’ve always been there, supported me and I know it wasn’t always easy. I know me and my crazy ideas and decisions drove you insane a lot of times and yet you’ve never turned your back on me. You’ve given me so much and I honestly have no idea how I’ll ever be able to make that up to you.”

 

Kyungsoo was touched and had to fought back tear. Cupping Baekhyun’s face, he smiled at him. “You truly talk too much.”

 

Baekhyun hummed into the sweet kiss he was given. “You love me for it, though.”

 

“I do,” the younger nodded, leaning close again. “I most definitely do.”    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  The Poll results~



https://66.media.tumblr.com/fdf613878a834573727e0863dc9b6086/tumblr_pwqrqoTmw21um0vyno1_540.png