♦ KaiBaek pt. 1

Exo Family Stories

https://static.tumblr.com/0e991ee634cee140e1363b6fdbb6bfb9/hfu0f5c/vFjojshcg/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_aggisx6x6coogokos4w40gwog_640.gif
steelheart97, here's your requested KaiBaek.
I hope you like it. There will be a second part coming up soon~

 

 

"Ah, he is so freaking handsome."

"Oh hush! He's going to hear you."

"But look. Tell me I'm wrong."

Together the two women watched as their boss came down the hall, looking as handsome as ever. His pitch black hair was perfectly styled, rolled into a quiff and his dark blue suit hugged his body, giving away that the man was fit and well build.

"Yeah, you're right," one of the girls sighed. "He's breathtaking."

Her colleague nodded. "Too bad that he's taken."

"Oh, don't say such a thing."

"Yeah, sorry. I can't help it. I envy his husband."

"Yes, me too."

They got pulled out of their dreamy states as their boss knocked onto the large wooden reception desk. "Good morning, ladies," he smiled, leaning over. "Am I interrupting something interesting?"

"No," one of the women shook her head, flushing a little. "Good morning, Mr. Kim."

"Good morning, Mr. Kim," the other girl also greeted. "You are early today."

"Yes. As you may know it was my husband's birthday last month but we couldn't celebrate it because of the fashion week and the lawsuit. And then it was our second oldest birthday, so we'll go out to celebrate, today."

"Oh yeah, right," one of the secretaries said. She turned away to reach into a compartment under the desk, pulling out a small red box. "This arrived half an hour ago. I assume it's for your husband?"

"It is," Mr. Kim smiled, winking. "Keep fingers crossed that he'll like it." He took the small box and waved it as he stepped back from the desk. "Alright ladies, have a nice and keep up the good work."

"We will, Mr. Kim."

Mr. Kim, full name Kim Jongin was the CEO of J&B Apparel, a fashion company he ran together with his husband, Baekhyun. The couple was well known in the high society, traded as nations it-couple. The ex-topmodel and the fashion designer were married for almost ten years and together they had a bunch of adorable kids.

It was a big deal back then, when the two of them confirmed their relationship. Jongin, being at the peak of his career, was told that people will lose interest in him and he'd lose fame. Taken top models are less attractive but it didn't stop him from marrying Baekhyun. He might have chosen to be a model and public figure but it didn't make him less human. Like everyone else he also seeked for love and a place he could call his home. And Baekhyun gave all this and so much more to him.

As Jongin stepped out of the elevator on the first floor a young man came run towards him. "Boss," he said, sounding stressed. "Something bad happened."

"Yeah so? What is it?"

"The pattern, the one for the new suit line. The fabric came today but it's the wrong one. I already called the supplier but they say it's the right one. They say that the one they delivered is the only one they have in stock as emerald green."

"And what's the color actually like?"

"Dark teal."

Jongin sighed softly. "Okay, then try to find a supplier that can deliver us emerald."

"But boss, that would take days," the employee whined. "Your husband wants to start with the first stitch tomorrow."

"Well, that gives you 24 hours to solve the problem."

"But," the man stuttered. "What if?"

Jongin shrugged. "All I can do is wish you luck," he then said. "And you better hurry, you know how my husband is if something goes wrong."

The guy let out a cry and hurried away. Jongin didn't feel bad for him. All employees knew how Baekhyun was. The fashion designer was fair enough to tell every new employee that he could turn into a beast when something wouldn't go as planned and so they knew what they're getting themselves into when they signed their employment contract.

Humming to himself, Jongin made his usual round through the tailoring. "Oh, this one looks nice," he commented as he walked past one of the head tailors, peeking over her shoulder.

"You think?" She asked. "Your husband thinks it's too much," she said, brushing her fingers over the embroidered flower on the pocket of the suit jacket.

Fumbling his phone out of his pocket, Jongin leaned closer. "Let me take a picture of it. I'll show it to him. Maybe you can find a solution."

"Oh, thank you very much, Mr. Kim," the woman smiled, bowing her head.

"You're welcome," Jongin returned the smile. He gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze before he left her, checking up on the other tailors.

As he walked past Baekhyun's office a chuckle left him. The room was a mess with half dressed mannequins in every corner, rags in all imaginable colors on the floor and chairs and sketches stuck to the walls. Only alone the desk was tidy. A couple of pencils were neatly laid on top of a sketchpad and picture frames were lined up on the right edge of the desk.

He entered the room, skipping over to the desk. He sat down the big leather chair and leaned back while looking at the photo's of his family. There was a picture from their wedding. It's was shot during the ceremony, in the moment Jongin slipped the ring onto his husbands finger and Baekhyun absolutely loved the picture.

Right next it was the picture of their first born, taken when Baekhyun was pregnant with their second child. The picture showed Minseok hugging the round belly, lips curled into a smile as he had his ear pressed against the baby bump.

With Junmyeon they had tough time. Born too early the boy, back then, had to stay at the hospital for over a month. Having trouble with breathing, Junmyeon was connected to countless machines and Jongin clearly remembered how hard the time was, especially for Baekhyun.

Moving his eyes to the next frame, he laughed out. The day Baekhyun told him he would expect their third child neither of them had thought that with baby number three, the babies number four and five would come along. Triplets was something they never had thought of and so it was more than big surprise when the doctor showed them three little beating hearts on the monitor of the sonography.

It didn't surprise Jongin that it were boys again, though he had hoped for at least one girl but fate had other plans. Didn't mean that he loved his triplets any less, of course not. He loved all his children equally and all of them with all his heart.

Smiling at the pictures, the CEO was so spaced out that he didn't hear the door opening. Only when a loud "Daddy," hollered through the room, he snapped back to reality.

"J-jongdae?"

The oldest of his triplets hopped towards him, brightly smiling. "Daddy! I'm here," the three years old squeaked.

"Y-yeah, I see," Jongin said, getting up from the chair. "Why are here? And how did you get here?"

"I used the moving box!"

"It's called elevator, baby," Jongin corrected. "And you know that you're not allowed to use it alone."

Humming, Jongdae tugged at the hem of his shirt. The boy was wearing a pair of dark red shorts, combined with a navy colored pullover and knee high socks. The little golden crown pattern on his chest gave it a uniform vibe and the way he gazed to the ground, pouting, Jongdae looked like a scolded preschooler. "I know."

"Alright. Then let's go and find Papa," Jongin said and offered his son his hand.

Smiling again, Jongdae grabbed onto one of his father's fingers and followed him out of the office. He waved at the employees as they made their way to the elevator, gifting them his adorable kitten smile.

As the elevator arrived on the ground floor and opened it's door, father and son ran into a scowling Baekhyun. The young man had his arms folded over his chest and eyed his son. "Kim Jongdae."

Jongdae ducked his head, gazing up.

"What did I say?"

"No go away," the boy mumbled.

"And why did you go away then?"

"I'm sorry."

Sighing, Baekhyun pointed over to where his siblings were. "Go and sit down. I'll be right there."

Nodding, Jongdae let go of Jongin's hand and skipped over to his siblings.

"One day, we'll lose him," Baek huffed and watched as Jongdae climbed onto the seat next to his eldest brother, hugging his arm. "Why is he always running away?" He asked, turning to his husband. "What am I doing wrong?"

Jongin smiled, stepping forwards. "You do nothing wrong," he said, placing his hands on the smaller's hips. When Baekhyun kept quiet and pursed his lips into a pout, he leaned down to kiss the pout away. "You look great," Jongin complemented, eyes wandering up and down his husband.

Baekhyun took a step back. "You think? Don't you think the pants are a little too tight?" He turned around, showing Jongin his backside.

Jongin tilted his head as he took a look. Baekhyun's red dress pants sat snug, hugging his round hips and full thighs. "No, I think they're perfect," he said while staring at his husband's perky bum.

Baekhyun clicked with his tongue. "Not very objective."

"If you want an objective opinion don't ask me," Jongin chuckled. "You could wear rags and would still look appealing to me."

"Ah, you're such a cheeseball sometimes."

"Only for you."

Chuckling, Baek met his husbands lips as Jongin stepped forward. He placed his hands on his chest and ran his fingers along the buttons of Jongin's dress shirt. "Speaking of only for you," he said when they pulled away. "I'd like to cancel lunch and dinner."

"Why? Did something happen?" Jongin asked. "One of the kids sick or are you?"

"No, all of us are fine. I just don't feel like going out. I'd rather stay home with all of you."

"Alright, if that's what you want."

"Yes," Baek smiled. "That's what I want and I want it right now. That's why we're actually here. We want to take you home with us."

"Now? But I s-" "No," the smaller cut in. "Let the company be company for a day. Come on, let's go."

Jongin couldn't say no, not when Baekhyun wanted him home. And so quickly gave last instructions to his secretary and then left the company together with his family. "Daddy, can I drive home with you?"

"Me too!"

Looking at two of his triplets, Jongin thought for a moment but eventually nodded. "Alright, let's go." While Baekhyun, Minseok, Junmyeon and Jongdae drove home in the family van, Jongin took Kyungsoo and Chanyeol with him.

"Daddy, can we drive fast?"

"You want to drive fast?" Jongin asked as he fastened the seat belts of his sons. Both, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol nodded. "Okay, but don't tell Papa."

"Okie."

Of course Jongin didn't drive overly fast when he had his kids in the car but he definitely drove a little faster than Baekhyun did in general. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol loved driving with him and Jongin was confident to say that at least two of his kids shared his passion for fancy, fast cars.

At home, Jongin and the two boys had to wait for the others to arrive too and so the father took the boys upstairs to change their clothes. "Can I wear my pajama?" Chanyeol asked as he sat on the floor, rolling off is socks.

Jongin shrugged. "Sure, why not."

"Oh, me too," Kyungsoo smiled, hopping over to his bed where his pj's lay neatly folded on top of his blanket.

Their money for sure would've allowed them to hire a nanny or at least a housekeeper but Baekhyun refused to have help. "We wanted to have the kids, now we have to deal with the work that comes with them," he always said and Jongin had great respect for husband. Despite his work at the company, Baekhyun rocked the household as if it would be nothing. It wasn't that Jongin didn't help with everything but he wasn't as good as Baekhyun. Where Baek was able to wash and fold the laundry, do the dishes and cook a meal for seven all at the same time, Jongin was happy when he finished vacuuming all floor without knocking something over.

Smiling to himself, deep in thoughts, Jongin turned to the open bedroom door when he heard the front door opening. Jongdae was first to call out for Jongin and his brothers.

"We're here," Chanyeol called back, hopping out of the room.

"Oh, pajama?" Baekhyun asked as he came up the stairs, followed by Minseok, Junmyeon and Jongdae.

Grinning, Chanyeol nodded. "Daddy said it's okay. Soo is wearing pajama, too."

Jongin stepped out of the triplets shared room, meeting Baekhyun in front of the door. "Yeah, I thought if we spend the day, why not comfortable dressed." He Jongdae over the head as the boy pushed past him.

"True," Baek smiled. "Then let us change, too."

When all family members were dressed in comfy clothes, everyone gathered together in the big living room. Instead of eating a proper meal for lunch, Baekhyun prepared some snacks and fruits they ate while playing a bunch of different games and watching a movie. When dinner time rolled by the family moved from the living room to the kitchen.

Baekhyun's idea of having grilled veggie skewers for dinner found full approval and soon all boys were busy preparing their own skewers. "Soo," Baek called out. "Baby you should add some other veggies as well," he said.

"But I like mushrooms," Kyungsoo pouted as he put another champignon on his all mushroom skewer.

Chuckling, the father then looked at Chanyeol. They boy was busy creating a rainbow with his veggies and while Junmyeon finished his second skewer, Minseok helped Jongdae sliding down a piece of zucchini the wooden stick.

"Papa, do we have more red paprika?" Minseok asked after he had helped his brother and focused on his skewer again. "I don't like the green one."

"No honey, I'm sorry. There's only green one left," Baek said.

"Ah, speaking of green," Jongin said, remembering something. "Your assistent didn't call you, did he?"

"No," Baekhyun said, raising a brow. "Why should he?"

"The supplier delivered teal colored fabric instead of emerald green."

"I know."

"Ah, oka-wait, what? You know?"

The designer nodded. "I called them to deliver teal instead of emerald. You know, I'm tired of Dongwon not doing his job as he should do it. Every time there's a problem he pushes it away from him and let others deal with it. But it's not their job, it's his job," Baek growled. "He has until tomorrow afternoon, if he haven't solved the problem by then, he can leave."

Jongin tilted his head a little. "I didn't know that you have that kinds of problems with him. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's not that drastic. Plus, I found out only two weeks ago. I was confused why Hyejin went to meet our new supplier and when I asked her she eventually told me that Dongwon gives all kinds of those tasks away. And I was wondering how he was always present though he had appointments."

"Oh, that surprises me now," Jongin said. "He seemed very competent to me all the time."

"Well, to me too," Baek sighed. "Like I said, he has time until tomorrow. If he can't solve the problem until then, he has to look for another job."

"But isn't that bad?" Minseok wanted to know, getting his parents attention with the ask.

"Well," Jongin began. "I some kind of way it is, yes. But a company only works good when all the people who work there give their best all the time. Even if it's only someone who's not working good, it can affect the whole company."

"Oh," the boy hummed, nodding. "It's just like soccer. When one is playing bad, the team can lose."

"Exactly," Baek smiled. He looked into the round, eyeing his sons skewers. "So, all of you done?"

"Yes!"

"Then let's grill them."

On dinner followed another round of playing on watching movies before it was time for bed. After brushing teeth and tucking all kids into bed, Jongin and Baekhyun finally had some time alone. "Want to take bath?"

Jongin hummed into the kiss the smaller pressed to his lips. "Can that wait a little longer? I'd like to give you something."

Tilting his head a little, Baek raised a brow? "Yeah so?"

Smiling, Jongin went over to where he had draped his jacket over a chair and reached into the pocket to get out the small, box.

"Oh, what is it?" Baek asked as Jongin gave the box to him. He sat down on the edge of the bed and loosened the ribbon that was tied around it. "Isn't a little early for anniversary gift?"

"It's not your anniversary gift," Jongin said, also sitting down. "If you can remember, I didn't get you a birthday present. So this is your belated birthday gift."

"Oh," Baek said, laughing out a second later. "Well, this year was a little chaotic."

"It was," Jongin nodded. He watched as his husband opened the box and smiled when Baek's eyes widened.

"Oh my god," the young man whispered as he took out a rose gold watch. "It's so beautiful," he said, looking up from the piece of jewel.

"You like it?" Jongin asked. "You were so depressed when you lost your watch and I know it can never replace the other one but maybe it can become your new standard watch."

"It for sure will," Baek beamed. "It's amazing. Thank you," he leaned forwards to meet Jongin fo a kiss.

"It has a clue. Turn it around."

Doing as Jongin said, Baek turned the watch and found himself looking at a couple of engraved letters. "Aw, that's so cute," he said, tracing his fingers over the engraving of his family's initials. "You know," he began, looking up to his husband. "I wanted to save it for our wedding anniversary but-"

Jongin frowned when Baek crawled over to his side of the bed and reached for the drawer of the bedside table.

"It kinda fits into the situation," Baekhyun said, smiling as he held out a blue envelope to Jongin.

Jongin took the envelope and flipped it around to open it. He pulled out a couple of baby photo's of his kids. He smiled at the pictures of Minseok on his first birthday and Junmyeon sitting in laundry basket and broke into laughter at the photo of his triplets dressed up as the three little pigs but his laugh got caught in his throat as he put away the photo to look at the one that was left.

Eyes wide open he stared at the laminated ultrasound picture. He gazed into the left corner to read the date the image was taken. "June 23," he read out. "T-that was three days ago," he gazed up. Baekhyun looked at him with a soft smile on his lips. "Really?"

"Yeah," Baek nodded. "I guess we soon have to engrave another letter into the back of the watch."

"Oh god, I can't believe it."

Baek laughed out when his husband jumped at him, pulling him into a tight hug. "Let's hope it's just one," he snickered.

"One, two or three again, I don't care," Jongin mumbled into his neck. "I'm so happy," he pulled back. "Why didn't you tell me? I didn't even notice something."

"Well, I'm not even three weeks along," Baek said.

"Then how did you know?"

"I didn't. I went to get my annual examination done and as usual they took blood. Well, and the test came back with that result. They called me four days ago, so I went to check up on it on Tuesday."

"And then you decided to keep it until next month?" Jongin pouted. "How mean."

Baekhyun chuckled. "I wanted to surprise you. You do such amazing things for me every year. This year I wanted to be the one who surprises you."

"Well, I am surprised," Jongin said. "I really wasn't expecting this."

"Neither did I," Baek laughed.

Jongin suddenly leaned back, crossing his fingers. "Please let it be a girl, please let it be a girl, please let it be a girl."

Baekhyun laughed out. "You desperately want to have a girl, huh?"

"Yes," Jongin nodded. "I want a little princess."



 



 

"Good morning, boss."

"Good morning," Baek smiled as he walked past the reception desk of the company with a little bundle in his arms. "Is my husband in his office?"

"As far as we know, yes."

"Alright, thank you," the designer nodded and walked towards the elevator.

"God, I can't believe how good he looks," one of the receptionist said.

"Yeah, me too," the other woman nodded. "The baby is only eight weeks old and he looks as if he's never been pregnant. How is he doing that?"

"Good genes, I guess. I mean, he didn't gain that much weight in the first place."

"True," the woman sighed. As she watched Baekhyun stepping into the elevator, she hummed. "Do you think it'll  be the last kid?"

Her co-worker laughed out. "I think it's the last but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not. And who knows, maybe the next one finally will be a girl."

"Maybe," the woman hummed. "Were you able to see him already?"

"No, not yet," the other lady pouted. "I tried to catch a glimpse of him but they keep him from everyone's eyes so perfectly, it's almost frustrating. I mean, I understand that they want to keep him away from the public until he's a little older but damn, I really want to see him."

"Yeojin said she was able to see him for a brief moment. She said he's absolutely beautiful."

"Well, does it surprise you? Just look at his parents, of course he's beautiful."

"Yeah, you're right. What was his name again?"

"There's no official statement yet but according to rumors people have heard the boss calling him Sehun."

"Sehun?" The woman hummed. "Sounds nice."