♥ ChanChen

Exo Family Stories

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/69/57/db/6957dbff62fe77fca45b5f51dae311eb.jpg
 

Requested by MoroccanBlackDragon
I hope you like it, dear.

Sorry again, if this is a little messy. My brain is not fully working yet T~T

 

 

 

 

 

It was only kisses and cuddles and when a faint cry sounded up, breaking the silence that had spread over the house, Jongdae knew those kisses and cuddles would not turn into more. A sigh escaped him when his husband pulled away, losing the kiss they shared.

 

“I’ll go.”

 

With his lips curling into a soft smile, Jongdae watched as the taller headed off to see what the cry of disturbance caused. But when the man did not return after a couple of minutes, he went to check up on it himself.

 

Arrived at one of the two children’s rooms Jongdae found his husband sitting on the edge of the bed, cradling on of their two sons. Little Baekhyun had his hand fisted in his father’s shirt and was still faintly sniffling but Jongdae couldn’t help his heart swelling with joy at the picture.

 

He loved seeing his children in his husbands arms. They looked even more delicate and tiny then they already were. Chanyeol’s over all giant physical appearance was even able to make Jongdae himself look smaller than he was but their kids turned into little dolls in their father’s hold and he simply loved it.

 

“What’s wrong?” He whispered, stepping into the semi dark room.

 

“Nightmare,” Chanyeol answered, looking up from his son.

 

Jongdae hummed. It hadn’t been the first nightmare that caused Baekhyun to startle awake at night since the week began and it was only Thursday. The other night he even woke up twice, literally screaming his lungs out, demanding to sleep in their bed and not alone. It worried him a little.

 

Baekhyun eventually fell back into a deep sleep and Chanyeol was able to let go of him. As he and Jongdae took back seat on the couch he slung an arm around his spouse. “What’s with that face?”

 

Pursing his lips into a pout, Jongdae gazed at the taller. “His nightmares worry me. I mean I can’t even tell if he’s really having nightmares or if he’s just waking up randomly and then freaking out because of the dark but it really worries me.”

 

Humming, Chanyeol nodded. He shared this feeling. “Maybe we should get him another night light.”

 

“But then it would be too bright for him to sleep,” Jongdae pointed out. “I already tried that the day you had your night out.”

 

“I see,” the man said. “The maybe he needs to see something or someone to not freak out when he wakes up at night.”

 

“Someone? Do you want to start sleeping in his room or what?”

 

“No, but maybe we can move Kyungsoo to his room. Maybe his presence will calm him.”

 

Frowning, Jongdae shook his head. “No, I don’t want that. I’m happy that Soo is asleep by the time Baek goes to bed and I don’t want him to wake up again. You know how loud Baek can be.”

 

Chanyeol sighed loudly. Jongdae had a point there. Since Kyungsoo was younger he went to bed an hour earlier than his brother and Baek indeed could be really loud sometimes. And distributing a sleepy Kyungsoo’s slumber was as teasing a hungry lion. “Okay, let’s forget that I ever suggested that,” he said, chuckling slightly. “But we still have to f-oh!”

 

“Oh? Oh, what.” Jongdae asked, tilting his head in confusion. “What?”

 

“I just remembered that I had one of those hug blankets as a child.”

 

“A hug blanket? What’s that?”

 

“It’s a soft, weighted blanket. It’s supposed to help with insomnia and anxiety.”

 

“And you think such a blanket could help?”

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Chanyeol hummed. “It helped me when I was a kid, so why wouldn’t it help Baek? We should give it a try.”

 

“You’re right, we should,” Jongdae smiled. “I’ll leave you in charge then.”

 

“Okay,” the taller said, giving a nod. He tightened his arm around his husband, pulling him closer. Jongdae started giggling when he buried his face into the crook of his neck, brushing his nose against the skin.

 

“Is someone a little tonight?” Jongdae chuckled when one of his husbands large hands started to knead the flesh of his thigh.

 

“Define ‘a little’.”

 

Turning his head to look at the other as Chanyeol lifted his head, Jongdae leaned close. “A little as in a little bit much?”

 

“Fits in that spectrum, yeah.”

 

Laughing out, Jongdae nipped at the taller’s lips. “Then we should do something against it, huh?”

 

“Pretty please.”


 




 

When Chanyeol came home the next day around the early noon he did not expect to run into anyone. The kids were supposed to be at nursery and preschool and Jongdae was supposed to be at his weekly meeting with his friends. And yet the first thing he stumbled over as he arrived was a tiny human being, dressed in a striped pajama.

 

“May I know why you are here?” He asked, looking down at his younger son.

 

“I’m a chicken!”

 

“You’re a what?”

 

“I’m a chicken!” Kyungsoo repeated, beaming from ear to ear.

 

Frowning in confusion, Chanyeol called out for his husband. “Babe?”

 

“Kitchen!”

 

Followed by Kyungsoo, Chanyeol walked over to the kitchen where he found his spouse busy stirring in a pot. “Our son claims to be a chicken.”

 

Snorting, Jongdae turned around. He met Chanyeol’s adorable confused expression and Kyungsoo’s, still with wide grin decorated, face while the boy held onto his giant father’s pants leg. “He has chicken pox.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded, looking up to his father. “I’m a chicken!”

 

Chanyeol looked down to his left. “You’re more of a chick than a full chicken.” When Kyungsoo gave no respond to that and just toddled off, going somewhere, Chanyeol fully stepped into the kitchen. “Chicken pox?”

 

Jongdae sighed. “Yes. I spotted them in the morning. He just has a few on torso and belly so far. At first I thought it’s just a rash from the new lotion I bought but then the nursery called. His whole group is infected.”

 

“Oh,” the man voiced out. “I was surprised. I mean, I thought you’d be out meeting with Minseok and Luhan.”

 

“Oh believe me, I’d rather be with them than here.”

 

“Do you still want to meet up with them? It’s not too late, isn’t it?”

 

“Nah, it’s okay.”

 

“No, come on. I’m here now and can take care of Soo. Go and relax a little.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jongdae asked. “You just came home from work.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, smiling. “I am. Come on, the earlier you leave the more time you have with them.”

 

After a moment of hesitation, Jongdae eventually nodded. “O-okay.” Turning to the stove he turned it off. “Uh, the soup is done, if you want or Soo is hungry you can eat some. And there is laundry in the washer, could you just throw it into the dryer when it’s done?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Great. And uh-” “Babe, come on. Just leave.”

 

“Y-yeah, okay.” Tiptoeing, jongdae pressed a kiss to his husbands lips. “Thank you.”

 

“You’re more than welcome,” Chanyeol smiled. “Take your time.”

 

He wanted to to but he couldn’t. Due to Kyungsoo’s unexpected homestay, Jongdae had started a thousand house chores at once and knowing that they would not get done was driving him crazy. After only three hours with his friends he headed back home.

 

There he was greeted by absolute silence. No voice or any other sound was heard as he stepped into the entrance of his house. “I’m home,” he called out but got no response.

 

Heading to the living room in hope to find husband and son he found the room empty. Only a full, with neatly folded clothes, laundry basket stood in front of the couch. It had Jongdae smiling.

 

And his smile did not fade away as he started to further walk around the house. All the things he had started, just as dusting off the overhead lights, cleaning out the shelves in the pantry and repairing this one, always wobbly, chair were done. All lamps were squeaky clean, the cans and food in the pantry were put away into the shelves again and the chair didn’t wobble anymore and was back at the dining table where it belonged to.

 

Finally, after walking around the whole house, Jongdae found what he was actually looking for. Pushing the room to the master bedroom open, his eyes immediately fell onto the two napping figures in the bed.

 

Chanyeol lay on his back with an arm tucked under his head while his other arm was draped over Kyungsoo, who peacefully lay on top of his father. Almost instantly Jongdae was mentally brought back to the time Kyungsoo was only a few months old. Chanyeol used to place the baby on his torso during naptime, securely holding him in place with a hand cupped over his diaper .

 

And even though the boy was much older and much bigger by now, he still looked like a little baby laying there on his Daddy’s chest.

 

To not disturb their slumber in any way, Jongdae turned away and carefully closed the door behind him. Stopping at the kitchen and brewing himself a cup of tea, he then went to the living room and grabbed himself a book he had once started and then neglected. Flipping through the pages, the story of the book captivated him so much that he completely lost track of time and shrieked in shock when the doorbell rang.

 

Automatically gazing at the wall clock he gasped and dashed towards the front door. Opening it he found Baekhyun standing behind it, sobbing. The boy had his pink lips pursed into a pout and was tightly holding onto the hem of his school uniform. “Oh, Baek,” Dae breathed out, immediately sinking to his knees. “Come here.”

 

“Y-you forgot m-me,” Baek bawled out when he was embraced.  “I w-was a-all alone a-at the bus top.”

 

“I know, honey. And I’m really sorry.”

 

Hugging the boy, he him over the head. Jongdae was incredibly sorry. Never before here actually forgotten to pick Baekhyun up from the bus stop he was dropped off after preschool. Usually he was minutes early but this time he had simply lost track of time.

 

The bustle at the door lured Chanyeol and Kyungsoo out of the bedroom. As they arrived in the hallway, spotting the scene, little Kyungsoo was fast to rush to his brother's side. “Why Hyunnie crying?”

 

Jongdae bit down his lips. “I forgot to pick Baek up from the bus stop.”

 

Baekhyun cried out at the words again and Kyungsoo tilted his head, then reaching to pat his older brothers arm. “It’s okie, Hyunnie. Papa didn’t mean to.”

 

Chanyeol bit back a laugh when Jongdae nodded to the words.

 

“Papa made pudding,” Kyungsoo announced while comforting his brother. “And Daddy bought a blankie for you. I like it very much!”

 

Looking up, Baekhyun blinked his teary eyes. “A blankie?”

 

Chanyeol stepped forwards. “Yes,” he said when his son looked at him. “It’s a special blanket that helps you sleep better at night.”

 

“C-can I see it?”

 

“Of course you can. It’s in your room.”

 

As Baekhyun pushed pst Jongdae to get fully into the house and then toed his sneakers off to go and inspect his new blankie, Jongdae got up from where he was kneeling. “Oh god,” he breathed out when both boys were gone to inspect the blanket. “I really forgot to pick him up.”

 

Smiling, Chanyeol wrapped an arm around his spouse. “It’s okay.”

 

“No, it’s not. Just imagine him standing there, all alone and scared.”

 

“Babe, it was not your intention to forget it, calm down a little, okay?”

 

Whining, Jongdae leaned his head against Chanyeol’s chest when the man embraced him. “Still, I feel bad. You should have seen his face.”

 

“I can imagine but you really should not be so hard on yourself.” Leaning don, Chanyeol pressed a comforting kiss to the smaller’s head. “In a few minutes he’s laughing again.”

 

Of course Chanyeol was right with that. Baekhyun never stayed sad, mad or upset for long and when Jongdae called his boys to the kitchen so they could have some of the pudding he made, the preschooler was beaming again.

 

“Daddy, I love the blanket! Thank you!”

 

“You’re more than welcome, buddy.” Chanyeol smiled as Baekhyun climbed into his lap, hugging him. Kyungsoo joined his brother and also climbed up his father’s leg, taking seat on the man’s thigh.

 

Both boys easily fit into their fathers lap and as Jongdae turned towards the table he couldn’t help but smile. The sight was just too precious and he loved it. “What are you smiling at?”

 

At Chanyeol’s ask, he blinked his eyes. “Oh, it’s nothing.” Walking up to the table he placed a tray in the middle and started to scoop the homemade vanilla pudding into four smaller bowls.

 

For eating their afternoon snack the boy moved to their owns seats and hopped out of the kitchen after they had finished their pudding and their spoons clean. With their laughter in the background as they played in Baekhyun’s room, Jongdae stood up to gather the dirty dishes together but his husband interrupted him.

 

“Come here,” the man said, gently tugging at his arm.

 

“Something wrong?” Jongdae asked as he was pulled into Chanyeol’s lap.

 

“No, why? I just want to cuddle you.” Chanyeol said, wrapping his arms around the small frame of his spouse. “Did you have a good time with Minseok and Luhan?”

 

“I did,” Dae nodded. “And if I’d have known that you already finished all the chores I’ve started, I’d have stayed longer.”

 

“Oh when did you came home?”

 

“Somewhat around one? I just couldn’t relax knowing that I had all this stuff to finish.”

 

“Ah, then maybe I should’ve texted you, huh?”

 

“Nah, it’s fine. I was surprised, though. You really finished everything.”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “It was nothing. And I had great help so it was done in no time.”

 

“Soo helped you?”

 

Chanyeol laughed you. “Oh and how he did. Daddy you have to do it this way, Daddy you have to do it that way. No, that’s wrong. Papa does it like this, Papa uses this for that. It was a little exhausting.”

 

Jongdae chuckled. “A little? It seemed to be exhausting enough for an extensive naptime.”

 

“Well, I guess I was a little tired anyways. I mean first Baek woke up from his nightmare and then you kept me up half of the night.”

 

Jongdae gasped. “I kept you up? Excuse me? All I offered you was help to defeat your . I could I know that you’d fall into a literal rut?!

 

Chanyeol hummed. “That was hardly my fault. You kept teasing me.”

 

Opening his mouth, Jongdae was ready to counter but in the end he kept his words to himself and just shook his head.

 

“What?” Yeol asked. “What did you want to say?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“See you’re doing it again. You’re teasing.”

 

“But only because you deserve it.”

 

 

"Because I deserve it? My intentions are always of innocent nature."

 

"Oh sure they are! You can be a true pain in the a-” Jongdae stopped when Chanyeol’s lips curled into a smug grin. Letting out a sigh, the young father shook his head. “You’re really too much sometimes.”

“You love me anyways.”


He leaned forwards when Chanyeol chuckled, making kissing sounds with puckered lips. “Yes, I do.”