♥ ChanBaek

Exo Family Stories

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEl-EhrUEAAl48l.jpg

 

Tadah, finally ChanBaek. I hope you like it, CuTAEpie. ♥

 

 

Impatiently tapping his foot on the ground, Baekhyun gazed at the watch around his wrist, growling. "He's late."

"I'm sure he'll be here, soon."

"He better be or else he's a head shorter by tomorrow."

Chanyeol had promised it, had promised to be there to watch their son's very first play in preschool. Sehun was so proud the day the got the role, brightly smiling the whole day, totally excited to slip into the character of a playful wolf pup and all Baekhyun wanted was to his son to see that both of his parents would be there to support him on his big day. But five minutes before the play started, there was still no trace of Chanyeol.

"I swear, I'm going to kill him."

Kyungsoo, Baekhyun's best friend and  the father of Sehun's best friend Jongin, chuckled slightly. "Don't be so hard with him. You know he's busy."

"You're never too busy for your family and especially for your kids."

"I'm sorry to say that, but then you shouldn't have married a cop."

"You could've stopped me from dating him."

"You were so in love with him not even God himself could've stopped you from dating him."

A deep sigh left Baekhyun, Kyungsoo was right. He loved Chanyeol even though his constant absence bothered him a lot. As the head of the local police department Chanyeol was a busy man and Baek got that he had to be present, had to be on standby for any cases but sometimes he wished that his husband would take a break from being a world saving hero.

"Come on," Soo said and gently tugged at his sleeve. "The play starts any minute, we should go inside."

Letting out another sigh, Baekhyun followed his friend inside the sports hall where the play took place. Kris, Kyungsoo's husband was already inside, chatting with one of the teachers. "Oh, Yeol's still not there?" He asked as he came towards his husband and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun only growled and pushed past the tall man to go to his seat.

"Just don't mention Chanyeol in any way," Kyungsoo whispered to his husband, tip-toeing to reach his ear.

Kris mouthed a short "Okay," and then together with Kyungsoo went to their seats. Just as they had sat down next to Baekhyun a teacher took the word, asking all parents to take their seats.

The play was a colorful mix of singing and dancing and all kids did an amazing job. Baekhyun had to hold back a squeal when Sehun entered the stage, looking absolutely adorable in his grey wolf costume. The boy, obviously, had a lot of fun and Baekhyun was incredible proud of him.

After the play had ended all kids, teachers and parents met outside on the school yard to have some cold drinks and snacks. "You two did so well, I'm proud of you," Kris smiled at the boy's handing them cups with orange juice.

"Papa, where's Daddy?"

Baekhyun bit the inside of his cheek at Sehun's question. "He, uh, he had to go back to work," he said, hoping that his son wouldn't get that it was actually a lie and his father wasn't even there to see him.

Sehun did seem to have bought the lie. "Oh, okay," was all he said before he took a sip of his juice. "Can we eat Spaghetti for dinner?"

"Sure?" Baek smiled. "Do you want to come over for dinner?" He then asked his friends.

Jongin's eyes lit but even before he could let out a squeal, Kyungsoo popped his bubble of excitement. "We can't, sorry."

"Yeah," Kris said. "My parents are coming over and I have to pick them up from the airport."

"Ah well, it'll be just the two of us, then," Baekhyun said and gazed down at his son.

"Maybe Daddy will come home earlier today."

"Yeah, maybe."

Of course Chanyeol didn't come home earlier; not at all. It was a few minutes past ten as the front door was unlocked and the chief stepped into the hall. Baekhyun could hear the sound of Chanyeol's boots on the wooden floor and turned his head once the man came around the corner, entering the living room. "Hey baby."

Chanyeol souden tired and for a second Baekhyun almost forgot that he was actually mad at the man. "Where have you been?"

In shock over the harsh sound in his husbands voice, Chanyeol's eyes widened. "What? What do you mean where I've been. I've been at work, of course."

"I know that you've been at work," Baek snapped. "And that's exactly the problem. You should've been at school in the afternoon to watch your son's first play."

"Eh?" Chanyeol frowned a little "But-" "Oh, now don't tell me you forgot or that you didn't have any time," Baek cut in even before Chanyeol could explain himself. "You know what, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of you always being the only father whose absence when the kids have some events at school. Do you even know how Sehun feels? All the time he gets asks 'Sehun, where's your Dad?' 'Do you even have a Dad?' You know, he doesn't say anything about it but I know that it hurts him."

Chanyeol kept quiet for a second to get sure that Baekhyun had said all he wanted to say but right in the moment he wanted to say something, the smaller cut him off yet again. "I know you love this job but damn, do you even remember that you have a kid at home?" The tips of Baekhyun's ear were red from anger. He stood up from the couch, heading towards the door. "Sometimes I really ask myself why I've even married you."

"Oh, don't be like that," Yeol said, hurt by the words. "I know you're angry but don't say such a thing. Just let me explain."

"Explain? Explain what? That you're the ing chief and you're the most important person at this damn police department. I get it, Chanyeol, you're the king. But , your job shouldn't be more important than your family."

"God, you're unbearable and mean when you're in rage."

"Oh you, Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun growled, pointing his finger at his husband. "You're an ."

Chanyeol sighed at the insult and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Are you done now? It's late and I'd like to take a shower and go to bed."

"Yes, I'm done now," Baek spat. "But don't you dare to come to bed!"

Yeol watched Baekhyun stomping up the stairs. When he heard the bedroom door closing and let out a humorless laugh. "Perfect."

After taking off his boots, Chanyeol made his way upstairs. Baekhyun had made clear that he didn't want to sleep next to him the night but still, Chanyeol had to take a shower. And the bathroom with the shower were attached to the bedroom, Baekhyun didn't want him to have in. Already from afar Chanyeol spotted his blanket, a towel and a couple of clothes lying on the floor in front of the bedroom door. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, I am," came from the inside of the room. "And now get lost."

Huffing, Chanyeol picked up the stuff and went back downstairs. He took a quick shower in the small guest bathroom and then made himself more or less comfortable on the couch in the living room. With a hand tucked under his head the policeman stared at the ceiling, only looking away from the white wall when he heard a shuffling sound behind him.

"Oh hey," he said when he found his son standing in the doorway. Sehun held onto his round, yellow chick plushie, looking incredible cute with his tousled hair. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I heard you and Papa fighting," Sehun said as he shuffled towards the couch.

"We didn't fight."

"But Papa was shouting at you."

Chanyeol sighed. "Yeah, he did. He's mad at me." He lifted the covers so Sehun could climb onto the couch.

"Why is he mad?"

"Papa thinks I've missed your play, today."

"But you didn't," Sehun said, looking at his father. "You were there, I've seen you."

"Yeah, I was there. But Papa doesn't know. He thinks that I was at work the whole day."

Tilting his head to the side a little, Sehun blinked his eyes in confusion. "And why don't you tell him?"

"Well," Yeol laughed out. "I tried but he didn't listen to me. Instead of listening, he shouted at me. But it's okay, Papa is like that when he's angry. He can't help it."

"Is this why you sleep here? Because Papa shouted at you."

"Ah, it's more that Papa told me to sleep here. But like I said," Chanyeol smiled, his son over the head. "Papa can't help it and tomorrow everything will be fine again."

Sehun hummed, nodding his head. "Can I sleep here with you?"

"Of course."

Smiling, the little boy laid his head on his father's chest, sighing softly as Chanyeol began to caress his back. "I love you, Daddy.

"And I love you, baby," Yeol said, moving to press to the top of Sehun's head. "You've done well today, I'm incredible proud of you."

Father and son had a peaceful sleep and even though Chanyeol woke up with a aching back in the morning, he really had enjoyed the night with Sehun. It had been a while since he had a cuddle session with his son. "Good morning."

"Morning, Daddy," Sehun yawned, stretching out his tiny legs and arms. "You snored."

"Oh, really? I'm sorry."

"You sound like a bear," the boy giggled, showing off his cute smile.

"That's whats your Papa always says to me. 'You sound like a grumpy old bear'," he mimicked Baekhyun's words. "Are you hungry? Do we want to prepare breakfast."

"No need for that," suddenly Baekhyun spoke up, stepping towards the couch. "Breakfast is already done."

With a squeal, Sehun hopped down from the couch. He grabbed his chick plushy and ran towards the kitchen. Baekhyun was also about to leave again but Chanyeol was fast enough to grab the smaller by his arm to stop him. "Baek, wait."

"What?"

"Please, just listen for second, okay?"

Baekhyun sighed. "Fine, but only one second."

"I was there," Chanyeol said, not wanting to waste the precious second his husband granted him to speak.

A frown formed on Baekhyun's forehead. "What?"

"I was there at the play," Chanyeol repeated. "I was a little late, so I stood in the back by the teachers."

"Prove it."

"Oh jesus, you're unbelievable," Yeol muttered. "Okay, you sat in the second row next to Kyungsoo and Kris," he said, giving what Baekhyun what he wanted. "The girl who played the butterfly slipped and fell and Sehun's math teacher wore this exceedingly short red dress."

"You were really there," Baek whispered, frown fading from his forehead. "So, this is why Sehun asked where you were after the play. He knew you were there."

"Of course he knew," Yeol said. "He has seen me."

"Wh-why didn't you tell me?!"

"I was late and forgot the bring my phone and back at the department I saw that it had no energy left. Well, and when I came home, you didn't give me any chance to tell you."

Baekhyun groaned, annoyed with himself. He looked at his husband, stepping closer to the couch. "I'm sorry," he apologized, abashed.

Chanyeol smiled and pulled Baekhyun into his lap, wrapping his arms around his small frame. "Apology accepted."

"I can be really mean when I'm angry, huh?"

"Yeah," Yeol laughed. "But, it's okay. I knew about this habit before I asked you to marry me. I prepared myself to get yelled at from time to time."

With a blush creeping up his cheeks, Baekhyun whined and leaned forward to bury his face into the crook of Chanyeol's neck. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

"And you're really not mad at me for being so mean, yesterday."

"Ah, maybe a tiny bit," Yeol joked with a laugh. "But you can make up for it."

"Yeah? How?" Baekhyun asked and leaned back to look at his husband.

"Well, since you decided to yell at me and ban me to the couch, you owe me two kisses. One 'Welcome home, my precious husband'-kiss and one 'Sleep tight, my love'-kiss. And because I calculate interest for each missed kiss, you now owe me either four kisses or one 'I'm deeply sorry'-kiss."

"You're crazy," Baek chuckled, slowly leaning in, aiming for his husband's lips.

"Mhh," Yeol hummed, smirking. "So you chose the second option."

"Just shut up," Baek purred, closing the space between them again. Curling his fingers in Chanyeol's thick hair, Baekhyun parted his lips to welcome his husbands tongue. A moan rumbled in his chest as Chanyeol into his mouth and the man's hands found their way down the small of his back to his , groping it.

Baekhyun enjoyed the closeness to Chanyeol and his mind was already so hazy that he forgot about everything around him. But the here and now and the fact that they were in the living room with their son being only a few meter away from them, quickly caught up in form of Sehun calling out for him.

"Papa?" The boy's voice came from the kitchen and Chanyeol had to laugh at how suddenly the touch of was gone again.

Baekhyun sighed, leaning back a little. "What is it, honey?"

"I don't know but somehow, and I really don't know how this could happen, there's a lot of milk on the table", there was a short pause. "Oh, and now it's dripping to the floor."