☺ ChanBaek

Exo Family Stories

https://fsb.zobj.net/crop.php?r=0M_pYdBUwkkJD31rYoirOo4J3LYi9dLJOxywmZEJno9HJIL428n_wB8QfsWVI3EO6AY3k0iAluSSdjcnOex66yHEowXfRiWiUTLaRu-VU8VqiJCCBNfQXN6_Lrin495SIHcKwJM0MR-b5TJEBYoGabvZ5xpdG-4tBK9HWWYcq8w61B4g0FezDfGzwLvO6mETgnSQxwho4i6g0Tn8
Requested by real-channia

 

 

His lips curled into a smile as soon as he read the name and the address on the note in his hand. "What about this one?" He asked his colleague and waved with the little white paper.

 

"That mister called for disturbance of the peace," the young uniformed woman informed and flashed him a sweet smile. "Shall I send Kim and Cho over to check up on that?”

 

He shook his head. "No need," he smiled back at her. "I'll go."

 

"Are you sure, Sir? It's no big deal. And you really should go home."

 

Again he shook his head. "It's okay,” he said and grabbed his keys from his desk. "It's on the way, anyways. Good night, Officer."

 

The woman stood up and nodded her head at him. "Good night, Inspector Park. Drive carefully."

 

He flashed her one last smile before he finally left the police department. He snickered to himself when he started the engine of his car and drove off to the man that called for police assistance. 

 

The residential area he drove to was more than familiar to him and he knew, what awaited him at the destination was no furious residents who had a complain about any disturbance. 

 

He parked the car in front of a big house and walked up to the door, biting back a smile when he rang the bell. In no time the door opened and a tall man looked at him.

 

"Inspector Park Baekhyun,” he flashed the man his police badge on his belt. "You called because of disturbance, Mr.Park?"

 

Mr. Park shook his head. "Not exactly, Inspector."

 

"Not?" Baekhyun asked. "What is it then?"

 

"I miss someone,” the black haired man told him. He opened the door a bit wider and offered him the way into the house.

 

Baekhyun nodded at him, when he stepped into the hallway. "You miss someone? Who do you miss?" He asked and turned to the man.

 

“My sons and I miss my husband,” Mr. Park said, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

 

"Shall I report him as missing?"

 

"Yes,” the man nodded his head. "That would be great."

 

Baekhyun hummed. "Alright, Mr. Park."

 

"You can call me Chanyeol."

 

The Inspector smiled. "Okay, Chanyeol,” he said the name in a lower tone. "To report your husband as missing, I need a detailed description of him."

 

Chanyeol flashed him a smile and made a step forwards. He reached out for Baekhyun's coat and ran his fingers over the collar. "You know-”  he started. "He's a beautiful person. I confidently can say that he’s as tall as you," he grabbed the collar and pulled Baekhyun closer. “His hair has the same shade as yours and-”

 

Baekhyun gazed at the man when Mr. Park leaned down a little. “And?”

 

“Just like you he’s got an adorable little mole above his lip.”

 

“Oh, really? What a coincidence.”

 

“Yeah,” the man breathed out, leaning closer. “What a coincidence.”

 

Baekhyun hummed when the man captured his lips and sweetly kissed him. He placed his hands on the taller’s chest and curled his fingers, grasping onto his dark blue shirt.

 

When the man loosened the kiss and pulled away, Baekhyun broke into a giggle. “Am I so dearly missed that you really had no other choice than calling the police?”

 

Chanyeol instantly nodded. “You were supposed to be home by half past five, now it’s past seven.”

 

Biting down his lip, Baekhyun lowered his head a little. “Yeah, I know. I apologize. I had an important emergency operation.”

 

Smiling, Chanyeol chucked his husband under the chin. “You don’t have to justify yourself. But a call or text message would be nice. The boys helped me with dinner and wanted to surprise you.”

 

“God, now I feel even more guilty. Where are they by the way?”

 

“I allowed them to watch a movie,” Chanyeol said. “Are you hungry?”

 

“Starving.”

 

“Alright, then why don’t you go and take a shower and I prepare your dinner.”

 

Smiling, Baekhyun nodded. He tiptoed and pressed a kiss to his husband’s lips. “Thanks, you’re the best.”

 

Going upstairs to take a shower, Baekhyun made it a quick one and went back down, dressed in sweatpants and one of Chanyeol’s large shirts. He first went to the kitchen but found the room empty, so he made his way to the living room. 

 

The dinner Chanyeol had spoken of stood on the coffee table alongside a glass of wine and his kids lay on the couch, both dressed in their cute pajamas. “Hey-”

 

“Papa!” Sehun was first to jump at him, slinging his little arms around his neck. “Papa, you’re so late!”

 

“I know, I’m sorry.”

 

“Why you late?” 

 

Looking at his younger son, Baekhyun smiled at Jongdae. “I’m really sorry, honey. I had something to do.”

 

“Did you have to catch a bad man?” Sehun wanted to know, little eyes sparkling. 

 

“This time it was a bad woman,” Baek answered. 

 

“What did the woman do?”

 

“Oh, she stole some money.”

 

Jongdae tilted his head and pursed his rosy lips into a pout. “Bad,” he said, adorably frowning. 

 

Baekhyun snickered. “Yes, that’s very bad. But now she’s been brought to the police department.”

 

“Is she not going to jail?”

 

“She’ll eventually will,” Baek said. “But-” “But that’s no longer Papa’s business,” Chanyeol cut in. “Papa is home now and very hungry.”

 

As the food was mentioned Sehun beamed at his Papa. “Chennie and I helped Daddy making dinner!”

 

“I heard,” Baekhyun smiled at his kids. “And I’m very curious to taste it.”

 

It was not hard for Baekhyun to spot what his boys had helped with and he smiled at the messily chopped veggies that lay next to his honey glazed chicken . He dug in, humming when swallowing. “It’s very delicious,” he smiled at his sons, picking up a rather chunky piece of carrot. “Thank you very much for this nice meal.”

 

Both boys grinned in satisfaction and turned back to the TV to watch their movie. When Baek had finished his dinner, he put the plate away, grabbed his wine glass and leaned back, resting against his husbands side.

 

He sighed softly when Chanyeol pressed a kiss to his temple. “It’s almost eight, should the boys be in bed? At least, Jongdae?”

 

Chanyeol hummed. “They’re allowed to stay up until the movie is over. They behaved very well today and they were super sweet during preparing dinner, so that’s their treat.”

 

“Ah, I see.”

 

Enjoying his wine until the movie was over and it was time for the kids to go to bed, Baekhyun brought his son’s upstairs to their rooms. Jongdae quickly fell asleep, was already snoozing off when Baekhyun pressed a kiss to his forehead and covered him up with his soft blanket.

 

Sehun was sleepy as well, yet demanded his Papa to read him a bedtime story. Halfway through the book Sehun yawned and his little eyes fell shut. Stopping to read, Baek put the book aside when Sehun no longer reacted. He smiled and kissed the boy’s forehead, then gently tugging the blanket into place.

 

After switching off the lights and closing the door behind him, Baekhyun went to take a last look at Jongdae. The boy was peacefully sleeping, sprawled out like a little starfish and caused Baek to chuckle softly. 

 

With both boys asleep Baekhyun was happy to finally call it a day. Work had been exhausting and he was more than ready to dive into the soft sheets of his bed but when he entered the bedroom and his eyes fell onto his husband, his tiredness was gone. 

 

Chanyeol was standing in the, to the room attached, bathroom in front of the mirror, drying his hair. While doing so the man had nothing but a towel wrapped around his hips. A towel that hang dangerously low and left Baekhyun with little room for imagination. 

 

“Chanyeol-”

 

The taller instantly reacted to his name being called out and shut off the dryer. “What is it?” He asked and turned to his love with a smile on his face.

 

“Take that off.”

 

For a second Chanyeol frowned, then his lips curled into a smirk. Putting the blow dryer away, he brought his hands to his front and unraveled the towel. 

 

Baekhyun let out a rather loud breath when the towel fell to the bathroom floor, leaving his husband all .

 

“And here I thought you’re tired,” Chanyeol laughed as he walked out of the bathroom.

 

“I was,” Baek uttered, eyes shamelessly focused on Chanyeol’s manhood. “But then-” He paused, lifting his gaze again. “I realized that it’s been quite a while since I last had you touching me.”

 

They met in a kiss; a kiss so heated, Baekhyun couldn’t help but moan into it. Chanyeol was fast to reach for the hem of his shirt and free him from it. 

 

It was a shame to admit but ever since Baekhyun got promoted and his work hours had changed, the couples life had lost its spice. Where they previously had come together quite some times during a month, Baekhyun barely could remember the last time Chanyeol had made him moan, a couple of months ago.

 

They took their time and when they eventually ran out of energy it was way into the night. Body warm and damp from sweat, Baekhyun hummed when Chanyeol wrapped an arm around him, pulling him as close as possible.
 

“Do you hate it?”

 

“What?”

 

“My new position?” Baekhyun asked a little more direct this time. “Ever since I got promoted I’m hardly ever home. Today is the best example. I was supposed to be home by five but came after seven.”

 

Chanyeol hummed a little and Baekhyun felt the vibration in the man’s chest on his cheek. “Hate is a strong word,” he said. “If someone hates your new working hours than it’s the kids.”

 

“But do you as well?”

 

“I don’t hate it,” Yeol said. “Though I have to admit that I liked it better when you’re still an officer.”

 

“I hardly notice it,” Baekhyun quietly said.

 

“Well, that’s no surprise. You leave early, come back late and even if you manage to be home by an earlier hour, you’re always very tired.”

 

“This is not what I wanted,” the police inspector sulked. “I wanted this promotion and worked so hard for it but I never wanted it to take over my entire time.”

 

Chanyeol sighed softly and pressed a kiss to his love’s forehead. “Maybe you could have a word with your boss. He’s got a family as well, doesn’t he?”

 

“And what do I tell him? That I’d like to be able to go home every day by five?”

 

“Of course not, I know that’s not possible in your job,” Chanyeol said. “But maybe it’s possible to have at least one day a week you’d be able to leave the police department earlier.”

 

Baekhyun hummed. He wasn’t sure if it was this easy. His promotion was less than a year ago and he was sure his boss was not going to be happy about a request like that. But for his children's and Chanyeol’s sake it was worth the try.




 



 

Almost two months had passed since their late night talk about Baekhyun’s promotion and the changes that had occured with it and by the time Chanyeol was wondering if his husband had actually talked to his boss. 

 

Baekhyun had become extremely quiet over the weeks and worried Chanyeol. Not only had nothing changed in the matter of his working hours, Baekhyun also seemed to distancing himself from the entire family; and it bothered Chanyeol. 

 

“Daddy?”

 

“Hm?” Lifting his gaze from the pile of laundry he was sorting and folding, Chanyeol looked at his older son. “What is it?”

 

Sehun was standing in front of him, together with his little brother, holding something in his hands. “Can you tell me what this is?”

 

Taking the square paper from the boy when Sehun held it out to him, Chanyeol frowned a little. Sehun had given him a sonography print out and he was truly curious to hear where his son’s got this from. “How did you get this?”

 

“It was in Papa’s coat pocket,” Sehun answered. “I found it when Papa asked me to bring him his wallet in the morning.”

 

“You already have it all day long?” Chanyeol gasped. “W-why didn’t you show us earlier?”

 

Sehun pouted. “I wanted to ask Papa but lately he’s been so angry, so I was scared to ask and you were not there.”

 

Sighing, Chanyeol gifted his older a smile. “It’s fine,” he then said. “Well, you see this his an ultrasound image. You can get one of those prints when the doctor performs a sono-” His words got caught in the back of his throat when he looked back down at the print-out, thoroughly reading the small informations in the top corner of the image.

 

The first time Chanyeol had not noticed it but the ultrasound print Sehun had found in Baekhyun’s pocket was already two weeks old. He stared at it, at the bold printed letters that formed Baekhyun’s full name, birthdate and the day had gotten examined. 

 

“Daddy?”

 

“U-uh-”

 

“Is Papa alright? Is he sick?”

 

“Papa sick?” Jongdae asked, eyes immediately wide open and glassy as worry crept up inside his little body. 

 

“Oh no-” Chanyeol reached out to pull the boy close and Jongdae only seconds later started to cry, sobbing into his neck. “No, Papa is fine.”

 

“Then what is this?” Sehun wanted to know. He looked genuinely worried as well but Chanyeol knew he couldn’t tell his son’s the real meaning behind the ultrasound; not as long as he hadn’t spoken to Baekhyun about it.

 

“Papa is more than fine. He’s just stressed because of his work and it caused him to have some stomach ache,” the father lied, hoping both boy’s would buy it. “You remember, Sehunnie? When you had your very first stage play in kindergarten you were very, very nervous, right?”

 

Instantly Sehun nooded. “So much, I felt sick!”

 

“Right, and this can also happen when someone is having a lot of stress. So for now Papa is not feeling all to well but he’s going to be fine again very soon. All we have to do is just being super nice to him and leave him alone when he’s getting a little angry. Can you do that?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Yes!” Jongdae mimicked his big brother’s words. His eyes were still glistening from his tears but he was smiling again, showing off his adorable kitten smile.

 

“Good boys,” Chanyeol praised, chuckling when Sehun proudly grinned, making himself tall.

 

To distract the kids from the ultrasound image and Baekhyun’s bogus stomach ache, Chanyeol took the boys to the playground in the nearby park. Sehun quickly found some new friends and hopped around the area, playing hide and seek. 

 

Jongdae on the other hand was busy by himself in the sandpit, building numerous of houses. By the time they had to head back home for dinner he was covered in sand from head to toe and it took a long bath to completely clean him again. 

 

Exhausted from playing outside the boys were fast asleep by the time Baekhyun came home from work around half past seven.

 

“Do you want to have dinner?”

 

“No, I’m not hungry.”

 

Chanyeol was given a chaste kiss when he leaned down to peck Baekhyun’s rosy lips and he frowned when the smaller pushed past him, walking towards the stairs. “Are you going to take a shower?”

 

“Yes, and then I’ll go to bed. I’m tired,” Baek answered, not turning to face Chanyeol.

 

“Baekhyun, is something wrong?”

 

“N-no, why?” Eventually Baekhyun turned to look at his husband. “What should be wrong?”

 

“I don’t know,” Yeol shrugged. “I’m just asking. It seems that there’s something laying on your heart.”

 

“T-there’s nothing. I’m just tired.”

 

Chanyeol desperately wanted Baekhyun to tell him but he knew it would end in a fight if he’d force Baek to talk to him and so he swallowed the urge to walk after the other. Giving Baekhyun space, he finished the laundry he earlier the day had abandoned and then settled down the couch to read a book.

 

Over the entire week Chanyeol tried to get a grip on his husband, tried to get him to talk but Baekhyun was great at avoiding him. 

 

But as the weekend had rolled by and Baekhyun had not to leave the house because of work, Chanyeol knew he couldn’t escape him anymore. “Babe.”

 

Baekhyun hummed, not stopping to look for the book he was obviously searching for in the bookshelf. “Hm?”
 

“Talk to me,” Yeol said. “I know there’s something.”

 

“There’s nothing.” 

 

Clenching his jaw, Chanyeol breathed in. “Can I ask you something then?” He tried his best to stay calm and collected. 

 

“What is it?”

 

“When will you tell me?”

 

“When will I tell you what?” Baek asked, finally focusing on Chanyeol. He had his brows knitted together and frowned at his husband. “What do you want me to tell you?”

 

“That you’re pregnant,” the man said. “When will you tell me? When I eventually can make out a bump under your shirts or have you already decided to not keep the baby and decided to sweep the whole thing under the carpet?”

 

Baekhyun went pale. All color was leaving his face and he in an audible breath. “H-how do you know?”

 

“Does it matter? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I-”

 

“That’s why you’ve been so quiet and repellent, right?”

 

Baekhyun gave a faint nod and broke into tears only seconds later.  He let his head hung forwards and as soon as his shoulders began to shook from his sobbing, Chanyeol stood up. Embracing his love, he rubbed his back and pressed a kiss to his head. 

 

Crying into Chanyeol’s chest, Baekhyun grasped onto his shirt. He did not let go of it, not even when Chanyeol gently pushed him over to the couch to sit down. 

 

“Babe.”

 

Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun leaned back and looked at the taller. “I’m s-sorry-”

 

“You don’t have to be sorry,” Chanyeol said. “I just would like to understand why you haven’t talked to me.”

 

“I was so shocked-” Baekhyun spoke up after a moment, sniffling a little. “We had the annual medical check-up and this was the last I expected to come out of the blood test.”

 

Chanyeol hummed, nodding his head as he listened.

 

“I was so caught up in this work cycle, I didn’t even realize that I have stopped taking my contraception. It’s actually no wonder-” He paused, laughing out while shaking his head. “Well, you know-”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me the day I found out?”

 

“Honestly, I can’t tell you. I don’t know. The doc told me and called me in for a sonography and I just didn’t know how to react. It’s been less than a year since I got promoted and-” Baek breathed out. “How am I supposed to tell my boss? Like this I can’t work in my position.”

 

Swallowing a little, Chanyeol spoke up. “H-have you made any decision yet?”

 

There was worry in the man’s eyes and Baekhyun cupped his face, smiling at him. “Of course, I have,” he then said. “No job, no promotion in this world is more important than this baby. But of course I have thought of how this will affect my position.”

 

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh. He knew it wasn’t easy for Baekhyun to have to deal with such news as he just had climbed up the career ladder but he still was relieved to hear that it hadn’t crossed Baek’s mind to might not keep the unborn. 

 

“So, how do you know? What gave it away?”

 

“The ultrasound image in the pocket of your coat,” Chanyeol answered the question. “Sehun has found it when you asked him to get your wallet. He showed me, asking what it was.”

 

“O-oh, right. I have put it into my coat,” Baek said. So the boys already know?”

 

“No, I came up with something, so they don’t know.”

 

“Well, I guess it’s time to tell them then, isn’t it?”

 

Chanyeol smiled and leaned in to press a kiss to Baekhyun’s lips. “I’m sure they’ll be excited.”




 



 

Five months into his unexpected pregnancy, a lot of things had changed. Baekhyun was able to keep his job as an inspector but changed to office duty and was now supporting his team as a profiler. Safe and away from all the bad guys that might could harm him or his baby. 

 

Sehun and Jongdae were more than excited to get a sibling and Chanyeol, just like the other two times before, was the epitome of composure. He was there whenever Baekhyun needed him and so he also was when Baek woke up in the middle of the night, having the craving for freshly baked waffles with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

 

Dressed in a thick hoodie and sweatpants with fluffy socks on his feet, Baekhyun sat on the kitchen counter and watched as Chanyeol poured the first mix of sweet batter into the hot waffle maker. 

 

The drizzling sound had him humming. “Thank you.”

 

“Anything for you.”

 

Chanyeol looked adorable. His eyes looked small, his black hair was all over the place and the hoodie he had put on when Baek made him leave the bed was sitting inside out on his broad frame.

 

Baek had to do absolutely nothing, just sat there and enjoyed a cup of tea while his beyond perfect husband created the most delicious midnight waffles. Sitting down at the table when the sweet treat was finally some, Baekhyun dug in.

 

Chanyeol had taken over his tea and sipped on it while watching the expecting happily munching on his first waffle. He smiled to himself when Baekhyun delightfully hummed but turned away when he heard a noise coming from the dark hallway. “Oh-”

 

Sehun and Jongdae appeared in the doorway, holding hands. Jongdae had a pusly hugged to his chest with his free arm and Sehun had one hand up to block his eyes from the light. “What are you doing?”

 

“Why are you up?” Baekhyun asked, gazing to the digital clock of the stove. “It’s 2AM, you belong to bed.”

 

“So do we,” Yeol mumbled, raising a brow at his husband. 

 

“Chennie woke me up,” Sehun said.

 

Jongdae nodded. “I smelled something yummy.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled when the kid’s eyes fell onto the plate full of waffles and they both gasped in excitement. Getting up from his chair, he got his son’s forks. 

 

Sehun hopped onto the chair next to Baekhyun and little Jongdae took seat in his father’s lap. He tightly held onto his dinosaur plushie and wiggled in joy when Chanyeol fed him some of the waffle. “Yummy!”

 

“Why are you eating waffles so late?” Sehun wanted to know, gazing at his parents. 

 

“You know, Papa has cravings. And tonight he’s craving for waffles.”

 

“What are cravings?”

 

“Something nobody understands,” Baek took the word. “When you have cravings you all of the sudden want to eat or drink something very specific. And sometimes you even want to eat things together you normally don’t eat together.”

 

“Like what?”

 

Baekhyun hummed. “Like mayonnaise on cheesecake.”

 

“Or pickles with Nutella,” Chanyeol added, remembering the times Baekhyun dipped juicy pickles into Nutella back when he was expecting Sehun.

 

“Or chocolate with ketchup?” Sehun curiously asked.

 

The parents grimaced but nodded their heads.”Yeah.”

 

“Do all people who have a baby have cravings?”

 

“Not all,” Baekhyun shook his head. Grabbing the bottle with the caramel sauce, he poured a load onto his waffles. “Some do, some do not.”

 

Satisfied with the answer he had gotten, Sehun nodded to himself and continued eating his waffle. Jongdae had already stopped eating and comfortably rested against his Daddy, sighing softly when Chanyeol kissed his temple. 

 

When Sehun had eventually finished his waffle and Baekhyun’s craving was stilled as well, the family headed back upstairs for bed. Jongdae had fallen asleep in Chanyeol’s arms and Sehun also tiredly rubbed his eyes when Baekhyun brought him to bed. “Papa, don’t I have to brush teeth again?”

 

Baek smiled and the boy over the head. “It’s fine. It’s late and you’re very tired, we can make an exception.”

 

Kissing his son goodnight, Baekhyun made his way to the master bedroom. Chanyeol already lay in bed, covered up and eyes closed. Laying down next to his husband, Baek brought a hand to his face and traced his fingers along the man’s jaw. 

 

Chanyeol reacted to the touch with a sigh but didn’t blink his eyes open. 

 

Scanning the other’s features, Baekhyun smiled softly. Curling his fingers under Chanyeol’s chin he gently got a hold of it and turned his head towards him. Leaning down, he captures his spouses lips into a sweet kiss. “Shall I tell you something?”

 

“You love me and I’m the best husband in the world?”

 

The expecting laughed out when Chanyeol’s lips curled into tired but smug smirk. “Well yes, that too. But I actually wanted to tell you something different.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Aming for Yeol’s lips again, Baek pecked them. “I love you,” he whispered, kissing the man again right after he had spoken the words. “You’re best husband and father in the world,” he repeated his action. “And we’re having yet another boy.”

 

This time Chanyeol opened his eyes. “Really?” He brightly smiled when Baekhyun nodded his head. 

 

“He’s very healthy and I’m pretty sure he takes after me.”

 

“Oh, yeah?”

 

Humming, Baek nodded and shifted into a lying position when Chanyeol turned to his side. “He’s small. He reminds me a lot of Jongdae.”

 

“Will save us money clothes wise,” Chanyeol chuckled. 

 

“Oh right, we still got Chennie’s clothes,” Baek remembered. “Would you get me the box down from the attic?”

 

“Sure, right after all of us had a good sleep.”

 

Baekhyun turned around when Chanyeol moved closer and let out a hum when the man spooned him, resting on his his large hands on top of his baby bump. “Goodnight,” the whispered when a kiss was gently breathed against his nape.

 

“Sleep well, my love.”