♥ XiuChen pt.2

Exo Family Stories

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7xdlf_VYAA-GH3.jpg

Here is part two for you~

 

 

 

 

"Papa, I don't want to eat anymore."

Minseok looked up from his plate and over to his husband, frowning when Jongdae nodded and reached out to grab Baekhyun's bowl. He didn't say anything, focused back on his own food but immediately looked back up when Baekhyun called out for Jongdae again.

"Can I have ice-cream?"

"Sure," Jongdae said and rose up from his chair to get his son a popsicle from the freezer. "What?" He asked when he turned back to the table and met Minseok's eyes.

"I don't think that he deserves this popsicle at all," Minseok said, nodding towards his son's bowl. "He didn't even eat half of the food."

"That's because I'm not hungry," Baek uttered, smiling when his Papa handed him the strawberry popsicle. Happily he bit into it, chewing off the tip.

"Yeah and you're not hungry because you ate a whole bag of gummy bears an hour ago."

"Minseok," Jongdae sighed. "Leave it."

"But I don't want to leave it," the man growled, putting his fork aside. "You complain about him eating too much sweets and candy but it's you who gives it to him. And I swear, I won't deal with him when he's all hyped up tonight because of all the sugar." When Jongdae just sighed at the comment, Minseok stood up. He grabbed his plate and cutlery and brought it over to the sink.

"Where are you going?"

"Upstairs," Minseok shortly answered and left the kitchen. Arrived at the upper floor he headed for the bathroom. As the door fell shut behind him, he exhaled. He was close to starting a fight and knew he had to leave to calm down before he exploded. It had happened way too often in the past months; he and Jongdae had fought way too often in the past months.

Unlike their expectations Baekhyun wasn't all happy and smiley when they told him about Jongdae's pregnancy. Getting the news of becoming a big brother, Baekhyun started crying, saying that he didn't want the baby to come. It was a shock for both of them but unlike Minseok, who thought that Baek just had to get used to the news and sooner or later had to accept that there would be a baby soon, Jongdae pampered the boy, giving him all he wanted to have.

Since the family now had to take care of two puppies, due to failed communication, Baekhyun demanded to get a second turtle so Bubble wouldn't be alone. Minseok said no but the pregnant ignored his words and only a day later he came home to a second turtle swimming around the tank. Baekhyun gave it the glorious name Gum and it made Minseok wonder where Baekhyun got his passion for bubble gum from. Because now the family had four pets that listened to the names Hubba, Bubba, Bubble and Gum.

To be honest, nothing much changed with Gum becoming a part of the family but it still annoyed Minseok and the fact that Jongdae bought it over his head  annoyed him the most. He knew that Jongdae just wanted Baekhyun to accept that he soon wouldn't be an only child anymore but getting him everything he wanted was just not right.

Fumbling his phone out of his pocket, Minseok sat down in front of the bath tub, leaning against it. After dialing a number he pressed the smartphone to his ear, waiting for his call to be answered. "I really hope you don't call me to tell me that the two of you had a fight again."

Minseok had to smile at the way Kyungsoo answered his call but kept quiet and didn't say a word to it. He could hear Kyungsoo sighing. "Okay, what happened this time?"

"It's more 'What will happen'," Minseok said. "We just had dinner, well Dae and I had dinner. Baek had a bag of gummy bears just an hour before."

"Which means he barely touched his food, huh?"

"Right. He had two spoons and then asked Jongdae for ice-cream. And he just gave it to him. Damn Soo, I know he gives him what he wants because he didn't take the baby news so well but no, just no."

"So, and what do you want me to do, now?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I don't know," Minseok whined. "Give me advice."

"Why do you want advice from me?"

"Because you're in the same position?"

Funny thing was, just a day after Jongdae came out with his pregnancy and they wanted to tell their friends about it an excited Yifan called them, telling them Kyungsoo would be pregnant with their third child. And even funnier was that the two pregnant were only two weeks apart.

"Practically seen I'm more in Dae's position," Kyungsoo chuckled. "But sure, let me give you some advice. Go and talk about it. Tell Jongdae how you feel about it."

Minseok let out a deep sigh. "I've tried that before. And guess what? I ended up sleeping on the couch for two nights. Not the best thing when you have two overly excited puppies at home."

Kyungsoo snickered. "Well, I guess," he said. "Dae started to show already, right? How does Baek react to it?"

"He asked why Dae's belly would look like this and we told him that since the baby is growing Jongdae's belly would grow, too. He scowled and said that he doesn't want to have the baby. This can't be just jealous, right? How did Yeol and Sehun react to you telling them?"

"Chanyeol is just as excited as he was when I was pregnant with Sehun. I think he's even more excited now because he's older. Sehun did react just the same. Well, he's coping Yeol and Yeol tells him how much fun it is to have a baby to play and cuddle with, so he coped the news very well, too. Honestly, I can't give you any advice when it comes to Baek because I never had those problems with Yeol. A few months ago I said you should give it time but right now I think it might be time to consult someone who's specialized."

"You mean we should consult a therapist?"

"No," Kyungsoo said. "At the hospital they have a special consultation for parents whose kids are jealous or won't accept that there will be another child soon. You remember Yifan's friend Tao? He went and his partner went there because his daughter made their life a hell back then. He said it helped a lot. So maybe you can check it out."

"I guess I have to talk to Jongdae first. I'm sure he'll defend Baek but I have to try it."

"If you think that he'll defend him why don't you just go there, listen to what they say and bring home some information for Dae? Maybe he'll react differently then."

Nodding, Minseok hummed. "Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Thank you, Soo."

"Your welcome," Chanyeol's father said. "Say, do you want to come over on Saturday. We can have dinner and let the kids play until they fall asleep."

"Ah, that sounds nice but we're still in the potty training phase with Hubba and Bubba. We can't leave them at home for too long."

"Just bring them with you then. If they leave something in the garden it's not that drastic, we can clean it up."

"W-well, if it's okay with you and Yifan is also okay with it."

"Pff, Yifan," Kyungsoo muttered. "He might act like a king but I'm the emperor of this house so he has to deal with the decisions I make," the joke had Minseok laughing. "But no, for real, he's okay with it. Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it."

"Okay," Minseok hummed. "I'll tell Jongdae and call you back."

"Alright," Kyungsoo said. "Talk to you later then. Bye."

After Kyungsoo had hung up, Minseok didn't go back down. Instead he ran himself a bath and enjoyed another moment of silence. Moving his hand through the water he listened to the sound the water made but looked up when the door to the room opened. "May I come in?"

"Sure," Minseok nodded. His eyes immediately fell onto Jongdae's midsection. The white shirt the younger was wearing stretched over his small four months bump. "Where's Baek?"

"Distracted by his favorite cartoon," the pregnant said and sunk to his knees in front of the tub. "Are you mad at me?"

"Yes," Minseok said after a short term of silence. "Baby, I know that you want him to be excited about the baby but you won't get him there if you give him all he wants to have. The only thing we'll get from it is greed. He'll get used to it and will start to demand things. This is just not right. I don't want to raise a naughty, spoiled brat. But your behavior is close to getting us there. Just look at us, we fight almost every day. We've never fought that much. And our child should be the last thing we fight over."

"I know," Jongdae said. "But I think you're just a little too cold to him."

"What do you mean by that?"

Jongdae sighed. "it's hard to explain but yesterday for example you scold him for not cleaning up even though I told him he could leave the railroad because he wanted to play with it later, again."

Minseok sat up a little. "Okay, first of all, I didn't scold him for not cleaning up. I scolded him for throwing a tantrum right away. He could've quietly told me that you allowed him to leave it there but instead he started to sulk and kick around some toys, telling me to go away. I'm a grown up man and his father, I don't have to cope with this . I'm okay with him playing in the living room but if he starts making a fuss only because I ask him to clean up his toys, I have the right to put him in place. He can talk like that to his friends but not to me. And if something like this happens again, he won't be playing in the living room ever again."

"You're being too strict with him."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I am not," Minseok gritted through his teeth this time. "Ever since you started to pamper him, he simply doesn't listen to me anymore."

The pregnant gasped. "Oh, so it's my fault?"

"Yes, it is."

"Are you serious?"

Minseok nodded. "Yes, I am. If you wouldn't spoil him like that we wouldn't have that much stress and won't fight all the time."

"Okay, if this is all my fault, then tell me about it. What do I do?" Jongdae spat, crossing his arms over his chest. "Come on, tell me."

"You don't want this."

"Oh yes, I do. So spill it. And don't hold back."

"Alright," Minseok said. "There is this thing of you stuffing him with sweets lately. All he eats the whole day are sweets and I don't even know where all this stuff comes from because I didn't buy it. I just don't get it. You exactly know how he is when he has too much sugar yet you give it to him. In the past three weeks there was no single day on which he went to sleep before 10pm. Because of all this sugar he's so hyped that I can understand that he can't sleep but we both know that he needs this sleep. Thanks to his ed up sleep rhythm we have to deal with his grumpy attitude every freaking morning. I can't do this anymore. Because of him I get grumpy, too. Oh yeah and then there is this thing with the dogs. Yes, it might be our fault that we now have two dogs but still we said that he has to take some tasks. But he never does anything because you do it for him. He just has to whine or bat his lashes at you and you jump. This was not the deal. We said that we'll take care of the potty training and such, on which we can't focus because Baek cuts in every freaking time and you let him go away with it. , the dogs are six months old and still doing their business in here and take it seriously when I say that I'm close losing it when I have to clean the carpet in the living room one more time."

"Are you done now?"

"No, I'm not. Seriously Jongdae, stop giving him everything he wants. And stop let him doing everything he wants. Don't you get that he does it on purpose."

Jongdae bit down his lip and gazed to the floor, keeping quiet.

"Oh yeah, one more thing," Minseok said. "I love our son, of course I do and if he comes to us in the night because of a bad dream or because he's not feeling well, I'm the last to say that he can't sleep in our bed but, , not every night. Dae we agreed on that when he was just born but right now, every night I come to bed, I come to bed finding our son sleeping with you. The nights are the only time I have you to myself. I want to hug you, I want kiss and touch you, want to be close to our baby but I can't. I can't because he's there every night."

"But..."

"If you rather have him sleeping with you than me, just say so. The couch and I have become good friends lately."

Silence lay between them. Silence in which Minseok looked at his husband but Jongdae once again avoid his gaze.

"If you have nothing to say I'd like you to leave now."

With his lower lip trembling and tears pooling in his eyes, Jongdae stood up and shuffled towards the door. Minseok could hear him sniffing as he opened the door and left the room. As soon as the door closed, Minseok took a deep breath, diving under water. He stayed there for a second letting out a groan that got silenced by the water.

The rest of the day went by pretty awkward. While Jongdae stayed with baekhyun, playing with the dogs, Minseok moved to his office. Only when Jongdae and Baekhyun went to bed he left the room, taking place on the couch.

Hubba and Bubba were excited to see him, squawking at him until he  brought a hand down to pet them. With the puppies finally calm and quiet Minseok rolled to his side, trying to get some sleep but just as the days before his nightly rest was nothing more than a light slumber that ended way too early, once again.

Around six Minseok decided to get ready for work. Entering the bedroom he found Baekhyun all sprawled out on his side of the bed. Jongdae lay on his back with his shirt hiked up, exposing around half of his small baby bump. Minseok sighed softly and made his way to the bathroom. While getting dressed after his shower, Jongdae suddenly burst into the room, sinking to his knees in front of the toilet.

Scrunching his nose, the young man watched as his husband dealt with his morning sickness. Choking out one last time, Jongdae sat back, running a hand through his hair. "Are you alright?" He flinched at the words and turned his head. "Oh, I didn't even notice you," he said. "Yeah, I'm alright," he then added. He pushed himself up and flushed the toilet before stepping to the sink, rinsing his mouth.

"Do you want me to make you some tea?"

"That, uhm, that would be nice, thank you."

Leaving the bath, Minseok went downstairs and prepared his husband a cup of stomach calming camomile tea. Just as he had removed the the tea bag, Jongdae stepped into the room. "Hyung?"

Minseok stopped his action. Jongdae barely called him 'Hyung' and when he did it, most of the time, had a serious reason. Turning around, Minseok found the younger standing in the doorway, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. "I-I'm sorry," he whispered, gazing to the floor. "I know you're right and I'll stop pampering Baek so much, I promise but please don't be mad at me anymore. I can't stand you being mad at me."

As a single tear started to roll down the pregnant's cheek, Minseok took a step towards him. "I'm sorry, too," he said. "I'm sorry for being so harsh but I didn't know what else to do, you didn't listen to me."

"I know b-but I got it now and I'll keep my word. I'll stop pampering Baek but it's just so hard for me. I don't want him to hate the baby."

"Me neither but he has to get used to it, sooner or later. But spoiling him like this will make the situation even worse once the baby is born."

"I know."

Smiling a little, Minseok chucked Jongdae under the chin. "I've talked to Kyungsoo yesterday and he told me about this special consultation at the hospital. Parents with the same problem go there and learn how to deal with a jealous soon-to-be-sibling. Maybe we can find some time and go there, huh?"

Jongdae nodded. "Yes, I guess we should check it out as soon as possible."

"Thank you," the older said, smiling. "Ah, I didn't tell you yet. Soo invited us for dinner on Saturday. Oh, and we can bring the dogs, too."

"Oh, th-that's very thoughtful of him. Uhm, did you already give him an answer?"

"Of course not," Min shook his head. "I told him I'd ask you and then call him."

"Ohm, okay. Uhm, do you want to go?"

"We don't have to if you'd like to stay home but I'd have said yes. Baek would be distracted by Chanyeol and we'd have a moment to breathe."

Nodding, Jongdae hummed. "Yes, this sounds good."

"Then I call him and confirm that we're coming?"

"Yes."

"Alright," silence lay between them for a while. "Uhm, well, I'll go to work then," Minseok said to break it.

"Now?" Dae asked, glancing at the digital clock of the stove. "It's very early."

"Uh yeah, I've got a lot of things to do today," the elder said. "See you tonight," he then added and pressed a kiss to his husbands forehead. "Bye."

"Bye," Jongdae almost whispered, awkwardly waving his hand at Minseok as he left for work. "Oh man," he breathed out after the front door had closed. "I really ed up this time."

To fix this awkward, tensed situation between them, Jongdae knew he had to change his behavior and decided to have a talk with his son as soon as Baekhyun would wake up. it was harder than he had expected, though. Baekhyun giving him his puppy eyes combined with a pout were hard to resist and so the boy got away without having a conversation over the unwanted sibling.

Later at work then. the pregnant took his short break to call his husband. "Is something wrong? Are you okay?" was what Minseok immediately asked the second he answered the call.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Everything is alright. I, uhm, I'm calling because I'd like you to make an appointment at the hospital for this consultation. The sooner, the better. You're right and we have to fix this problem before it gets worse."

"Oh okay," Minseok said. "Then, I'll call there and asked for the earliest appointment."

"t-thank you."

"Is there something else? Because I really have get back into the meeting."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you have a meeting today. Uhm, no, there's nothing else, I.." "Jongdae?" the pregnant got cut off. "Hm?"

"I love you. And no dumb fight will change that, so don't stress yourself out okay?"

Jongdae cried out, nodding his head even though Minseok couldn't see it. He was desperate to hear it and was already close to crying when Minseok had left in the morning with just giving him a short peck on the forehead. "O-okay. It's just t-" "I love you," he was cut off again. "I love you, too."


 



 

Saturday, around the early afternoon, the Kim family arrived at the Wu family's house. Kris opened the door for them, holding his sniffing son in his arm. "Oh, Sehunnie, why are you crying?" Jongdae asked and reached up to the boy over the cheek.

"Ouchie," the boy pouted, lower lip trembling. He lifted his leg to show Jongdae the colorful band-aid on his knee.

"Ah, how did this happen?"

"Yeollie was running and Toben was running and I was running but I can't jump like Yeollie can and fell," the boy explained, using his hands while doing so.

Kris nodded. "Yeah, the tried to over jump one of the steps that lead into the garden but it didn't work. But it's okay, right," he looked at his son. "Now you know that you can't jump as far as Yeol and since you're a big boy you won't try it again, right?"

"Yes," Sehun nodded, "I'm a big boy. I'm a big brother."

"Well, not yet," Kris chuckled and set his son back to his feet. "But in a few month." He patted the boy's before Sehun hopped on to find his brother. "So, and what about you?' The tall man asked and looked at Baekhyun. "Are you excited to become a big brother?"

"No!" Baek huffed, tightening the grip around the puppy's leash. "I hate the baby," he growled and then stormed off, together with Hubba and Bubba.

Yifan made a sound. "Uhh, well. Uhm, I'm sorry. I didn't know he'd react like this. I mean, Soo already told me about it but I didn't think it would be that drastic."

Both, Minseok and Jongdae sighed loudly. "Yeah, as you can see it is."

"Did you already go to this, what is it a therapist?" The Chinese asked as they made their way to the kitchen, where Kyungsoo stirring in a big bowl.

"How did ti go?" Soo asked immediately catching up on the topic.

"Well, the lady is a child therapist, specialized in behavioral therapy," Minseok began. "She's really nice and listened to to us, making just notes at first. Then she gave us tips of how we'd consult Baek about the baby but it didn't really work.

"Yes," Jongdae nodded, taking the word. "So we brought him there and wow, well, the things he said were hard. 'I hate the baby' was by far the nicest thing he said."

The Wu couple made a face. "We're sorry," Soo said in a whisper.

"You know, she said it might be just a phase and we should give it time but it's really not getting easier and god, we really don't know what to do," Minseok sighed, running a frustrated hand through his hair. "Like really, wasn't Chanyeol jealous when you told him about the baby?"

"No," Yifan shook his head. "Not really. He was excited to get someone to play with. From the very first beginning we included him into the pregnancy. He went to the check-ups with us, he rubbed lotion on Soo's belly, he helped picking out Sehun's nursery furniture and clothes. And we, over and over again, told him that a baby needs a lot of attention because it can't do talk and walk and do things on its own."

"But," Soo took the word. "And that's what I personally think is the most important thing, we told him that we won't love him less only because there will be baby, soon. And that's what we do with Sehun right now, as well. I think a child's biggest fear is that their parents will love the baby more than them and you have to make sure that this fear doesn't take over."

"So, you think he's just afraid that we don't love him anymore once the baby is there?"

"Could be, yeah," Kyungsoo nodded. "I'm pretty sure he has seen you two, touching the belly, smiling at and such. So, and now just pretend you're a child and you're watching your parents be happy over something that's not even really there. How is he supposed to understand that you love something that you've never met before?"

Minseok and Jongdae looked at each other, before they're looked back at their friend. "Wow," Dae muttered. "You just gave us more realistic options than this therapist has given us."

Minseok nodded at the words. "Yeah."

"Now we just have to find out if he's really just afraid of us not loving him anymore," Jongdae said. "But how? I'm pretty sure he'll blick us once we start talking about the baby."

"Oh, I've got an idea," Yifan smiled. He stepped towards the patio door and opened it, calling out of his older son. "Yeol, please come here for a second." As soon as Chanyeol stepped into the kitchen, the father knelt down in front of him.

"What is it, Daddy?"

"Yeol, I have a please to you," the man began. "You know that Baekhyun's Papa is pregnant, right?"

"Yes," the boy nodded, beaming. "This is great because so our siblings can play just as Baek and I do. They can become good friends."

Chanyeol's comment caused a round of long drawn 'Aww's echoing through the room.

Yifan nodden. "Yes, we hope that the babies will become such as great friends as you and Baek are but there is a problem."

"Really?"

"Yes, Baek doesn't like the baby. He says he hates it and doesn't want to become a big brother." Chanyeol gasped at the words. "So, now I'd like to ask you, if you could ask Baekhyun why he doesn't like the baby because he won't tell us."

Chanyeol nodded. "Okie, I'll ask him," he smiled. "But, if he really hates it and doesn't want to be a big brother can we have the baby then?"

The parents broke into laughter, causing the boy to tilt his head in confusion. "Oh god, he's so adorable," Jongdae sobbed, placing as hand on his heart.  

Kyungsoo snickered. "Yeol, we can't have Jongdae's and Minseok's baby. It's theirs and even if Baek will not like it they'll keep it."

Chanyeol pouted. "Okay."

"Would you like to have another sibling?" Minseok asked, laughing when Yeol nodded. "But you're baby sibling is not even there yet."

"Still, I'd like to have more," the boy mumbled.

Grinning from ear to ear, Yifan turned to his husband, wiggling his brows at him. "Wipe off that grin, Wu," Kyungsoo said. "We agreed on three children, not more. Plus, the third one is not even bigger than an apple right now."

Turning back to his son, Yifan leaned close to the boy. "Okay buddy, we might grab on this 'Third sibling for you' topic later again but now, please go and aks Baek why he doesn't like the baby, okay?"

"Okie," Yeol said. Flashing one last smile into the round, he hopped out of the kitchen and back to Baek, who sat under a tree together with Sehun, playing with some action figures.

Sitting down next to his little brother, Chanyeol looked at his best friend, watching him for a while. "Baekhyunnie?'

Baek looked up. "Hm?"

"Is it true that you don't like the baby you Papa has in his tummy?"

"I hate it," Baek grumbled.

"Why do you hate it?"

"I just don't want to have it."

Pursing his lips, Chanyeol hummed. "But don't you feel lonely, sometimes? I mean, you don't have someone to play with."

"My Papa plays with me."

"My Papa plays with us too but sometimes he can't because has to do something and then I play with Sehunnie."

Sehun looked up when his name was mentioned and beamed at his brother. "I like playing with Chanyeollie."

Baekhyun looked at the brother's for a while, watching as Sehun moved closer to hug his big brother. Chanyeol let out a squeak when Sehun pressed a wet kiss to his mouth, giggling after it. "My Papa and my Appa love the baby more than me," he eventually brought out, pouting.

Chanyeol gasped. "That's not true," he said, shaking his head. "Parents love all their kids the same. Papa and Daddy love Sehun and me the same. And they will love our new baby just the same."

"Do you like the baby in your Papa's tummy?"

"I love it," Yeol said, smiling from ear to ear. "I can't wait to meet it. You know babies can't talk and walk and they sleep a lot but when they can walk then, you can play with them. And until it's here, Sehunnie and I will help Daddy and Papa buying clothes and toys for the baby. It's really fun. And when Papa's belly is bigger you can feel the baby kicking."

"Really?" Baek asked.

Chanyeol nodded. "Sehunnie kicked a lot. It feels really funny."

Baekhyun hummed, thinking of how a kick of his Papa's baby would feel. "And they really won't love the baby more than me?"

"No," Yeol said, patting his brother when Sehun rested his head against his side, snuggling close. "I think they think that you don't love them anymore because you hate the baby."

Baekhyun's head snapped up and his eyes widened dramatically. "But I love them," he said, eyes watering. "I love my Appa and my Papa. I don't want them to think that I don't love them anymore."

Feeling guilty, because he made his friend cry, Chanyeol stood up and took Baek by the hand, pulling him all the way through the garden to their parents. Jongdae gasped when he looked at his crying son. "I didn't mean to make him cry," Yeol whispered, lowering his head.

"Honey, why are you crying?"

Sniffing, Baek looked at his parents. "I don't want you to think that I don't love you anymore," he sobbed. "I love you. I just hated the baby because I thought you'd love it more than me."

Biting down his lip, Jongdae knelt down. "How can you think such a thing? We'd never love the baby more than you," he said. "We'll love both of you equally."

"T-that's what Chanyeollie said, too."

Minseok smiled, also kneeling down in front of Baekhyun. "And he must know, right? He has a brother already."

Baek nodded. "Can I also help picking out the baby's clothes and its toys?"

"Of course," both parents said in unison, smiling at their kid.

"I'm s-sorry," the boy mumbled, pursing his lips into a pout. "I don't hate the baby..."

"It's okay," Jongdae said, grabbing his son's arm to pull him into a hug. "We love you, Baekhyun."

"And you hopefully will never forget that," Minseok added, wrapping his arms around husband and on.

Yifan and Kyungsoo watched the scene, smiling. Yifan slung an arm around Kyungsoo. Sehun who was held by his Papa, smiled at Kris when the man him over the head. Both parents looked down to Chanyeol when the boy tugged at Yifan's shirt. "I made Baekhyunnie cry."

Kris bent down to pick his son up. "It's okay, buddy," he said, adjusting the boy in his arms. "You did good."

"Really?" Chanyeol asked, humming when his Daddy pressed a kiss to his temple.

"Yes, you did. More than good. We're proud of you."