♥ KaiSoo

Exo Family Stories

https://scontent-fco1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/48d6d8815029d43365ce9a99779c7a8c/5CCFA631/t51.2885-15/e35/29417713_898758556970166_2632405152438419456_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-fco1-1.cdninstagram.com
I'm late...sorry T~T
I hope all of you had a good Christmas! ♥

 

 

 

“Daddy~”

 

Jongin cracked an eye open when a light weight setted itself down on his stomach. “Hm?”

 

“Daddy, we’re so bored,” Chanyeol whined, pursing his lips into a pout.

 

“How can you already be bored?” Jongin asked. “Didn’t you just start to color some pictures?”

 

“We did, but it’s no fun.”

 

Sighing softly, Jongin turned his head to gaze at his other son. Sehun was still sitting at the small table, he and Chanyeol had colored some pictures but he was also no longer drawing. He had his chin rested on the table top and played with some of the crayons.

 

“What would you like to do then?”

 

Tilting his head, Chanyeol hummed. “Baking cookies!” He the loudly cheered, beaming.

 

Sehun immediately reacted to his brother’s suggestion and shot up from the floor. “Yes,” he squeaked while hopping towards the couch. “Cookies!”

 

“Cookies?” Jongin asked. “Uh, can’t we wait with that until Papa is back home?”

 

“No,” the two boys whined. “We want to make cookies now!”

 

Jongin really didn’t want to, nevertheless he rolled off the couch when Chanyeol climbed off of him. It was not that he didn’t want to make his son’s happy and do what they wanted to do, he simply was bad at any sort of cooking and baking and he was already sure that the cookies they’re about to bake were not really eatable.

 

Plus, baking cookies with kids at the age of five and three ment there would be a mess and Jongin knew that Kyungsoo hated his kitchen being a messy state, so he hoped that they’d be done by the time Kyungsoo would be back home.

 

“Alright boys, please go and wash your hands and then we can start.” As Sehun and Chanyeol hopped off their hands, Jongin got his phone to google a simple cookie recipes.

 

Once found one he gathered together all the ingredients he needed and started to prepare the dough. It was a sticky matter and Jongin had for sure poured in a little too much of the cinnamon powder but with the help of a little more flour the dough eventually became smooth.

 

“Why is it so brown?” Sehun asked when his father rolled out the dough.

 

“That’s because of the cinnamon and cocoa powder,” Jongin answered. “They gonna taste chocolatey when they’re done.”

 

Chanyeol let out an excited hum and started to sort the cookie cutters. “Hunnie, do you want to have the moon or the star?”

 

“Moon!”

 

“Christmas tree or bell?”

 

“Bell!”

 

“Stocking or angel?”

 

“Angel!”

 

“Okie.” Giving Sehun all the cookie cutters he wanted to have, Chanyeol neatly lined the ones up he would use and waited for Jongin to finally give them the go to start.

 

Jongin pre-heated the oven and snapped a few pictures of his son’s while Sehun and Chanyeol cut out the cookies, happily chatting while doing so.

 

“Daddy, can we put on sprinkles too?”

 

“Sure,” Jongin smiled. “Once they’re done and cooled you can garnish them.”

 

“How long do they have to be in the boven?”

 

Checking the baking instructions, Jongin hummed. “Uh, 40 Minutes.”

 

Chanyeol huffed. “Oh, that’s so long.”

 

“We can play something while we wait,” Jongin suggested.

 

“Oh yes!”

 

All the dough formed into proper cookies, Jongin pushed two baking trays into the hot oven. “Alright,” he smiled, clapping his hands. “Just let me set the timer and then we can go and play. What do you want to play?”

 

“Hide and seek!”





 





 

Baekhyun had finally calmed down and dozing off in his car seat and Kyungsoo let out a deep relieved sigh. He had thought he finally was able to have one peaceful Christmas but of course life had something up its sleeve for him. This year it wasn’t sudden power failure but a sick baby.

 

When Baekhyun woke up in the morning, having a rather high fever, Kyungsoo knew there was no way that this Christmas day would be nowhere near peaceful. First he had to prevent Sehun and Chanyeol from breaking into tears when he told them that they couldn’t open their Christmas presents right after breakfast and then he had to find a pediatrician that offered consultation hours despite the holiday.

 

Finally finding a open practise it turned out that baby Baekhyun suffered from an ear infection. As Baekhyun was not overly whiny the diagnosis surprised the father, but the doctor informed Kyungsoo that the infection Baekhyun had was an inflammation of the external auditory canal and was not excessively painful.

 

Kyungsoo was glad to know what the cause of the high fever was but he knew that the upcoming day would not be easy. Next to having to give Baekhyun a suppository twice a day, he also had to infuse some ear drops into his ear canal and Baekhyun absolutely despite it. Kyungsoo had to tightly hold onto his son when the doctor infused the ear drops as Baekhyun was fighting against it with all the strength he had.

 

He was screaming his lungs out and Kyungsoo was more than happy that he finally was too worn out to cry any longer. Having the baby car seat fastened in the passenger seat, Kyungsoo reached over to Baekhyun and gently tugged his dusky pink wool beanie as it had slightly slipped deeper into his face.

 

He flinched a little when Baekhyun let out rather loud sigh and pulled his hand back to not wake him up. Bringing his hand back to the steering wheel, he pressed the phone button to connect his mobile phone with the hand-free car kit. Selecting Jongin’s number he called his husband, frowning when his spouse didn’t answer the call.

 

Trying three more times, Kyungsoo eventually got frustrated that he couldn’t reach Jongin. Ready to find out why his husband did not answer any of his calls, Kyungsoo’s heart stopped beating for a second when he spotted a firetruck and a police car standing in front of his house when he drove down the street they lived in.

 

Parking the car and grabbing the baby seat, Kyungsoo rushed over to the house. “Excuse me sir, you can’t go in there,” a police officer stopped him.

 

“B-but my family is in there!”

 

“Oh, are you Mr. Kim’s spouse?”

 

“I am.”

 

“Alright sir, please come with me,” the uniformed man smiled, leading Kyungsoo to an ambulance that was parked behind the firetruck. “Don’t worry,” he said when Soo gasped in shock. “They’re all fine.”

 

“Papa!” Chanyeol was first to spot him and came run towards him, wearing nothing on his feet but his little slippers. Placing the carrier with Baekhyun to the ground, kyungsoo caught his in in his arms.

 

Chanyeol was wrapped into a blanket to keep him warm from the cold, yet his cheeks and nose were flushed. “What happened?”

 

“We were making cookies and Daddy put the cookies into the oven and then we went to play for some time and suddenly there was so much smoke and everything was dark and our eyes started to hurt and then there was fire and daddy called the nice firemen and they mad the fire go away and the police also came and the two nice men with the ambulance gave us blankies and tea!”

 

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes as he tried to take in all of Chanyeol’s informations. “So, you made cookies and the oven caught fire?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Closing his eyes for a moment, Kyungsoo breathed in. Exhaling, Kyungsoo opened his eyes again. “Are all of you okay?”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Yes,” he said. “But Hunnie cried.”

 

Getting back up, Kyungsoo picked up the carrier and took Chanyeol by the hand and went over to the ambulance. Jongin sat on the edge of the open trunk, holding Sehun in his arm. The boy was knocked out but his full lashes were still glistening from the tears he obviously had shed.

 

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked, eyeing his husband.

 

“Uh, well-”

 

“Well, what?” Kyungsoo said. “I’m all ears.”

 

Jongin cleared his throat. “Well, you see. The bo-”

 

Jongin got interrupted by an approaching fireman and the police officer that had escorted Kyungsoo to the ambulance. “Excuse us, we’d like to inform you about the condition of the source of fire.”

 

“Oh yes, sure.” Kyungsoo turned to the man. “Can we even go back into the house?”

 

“Yes,” the fireman nodded. “The fire is extinguished and my team is currently cleaning the kitchen. If you’d like to follow me.”

 

Kyungsoo eyed a very pale Jongin and then walked after the fireman into his house, leaving the three boy’s behind with the medical team. He gasped at the sight of his kitchen, the fully destroyed oven and partly burnt kitchen counter, wall and floor. “Oh my god.”

 

“You’re very lucky,” the fireman said. “The fire could be put out before it had the chance to spread over the furniture. I know it doesn’t make it any better but your fire alarm works very well. Mr. Kim could call the emergency on time.”

 

Kyungsoo let out a soft laugh. “Well, it’s good to know that it works.”

 

“So, as you can see the oven burnt out completely. We didn’t have to use water to extinguish the fire but the extinguishing foam still is wet so we cut off the electricity for this room. But don’t worry, we connected the fridge to a socket in the hallway.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “Thank you.”

 

“If you keep the windows open for at least one more hour the extreme burnt smell should be gone,” the fireman said.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin nodded. “And it won’t be a problem for the children to be in here?”

 

“No,” the man answered. “We checked up on it and there are no toxics in the air, it’s safe for them.”

 

Jongin was awfully quiet the entire time and it angered Kyungsoo. He wanted to know what had happened while he was gone and how it came that part of his kitchen was a destroyed mess now, so he confronted Jongin right the moment all the emergency personnel was gone.  

 

Leaving the boys in the living room, Kyungsoo pulled his husband along to their no longer functional kitchen. “Alright, I now would like to know what happened!”

 

Jongi swallowed. “Well, you see-” He brought out. ‘The boys wanted to bake cookies, so I googled for a simple recipe. I don’t know what happened. I exactly followed the instructions, though they were a little odd.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned. “A little odd?”

 

“Yeah,” Jongin shrugged. “Like, they said to put the baking tray into the top rack and bake the cookies for 40 minutes at 375 degrees, which is weird becau-” “Oh my ing god,” Kyungsoo goraned, interrupting his husband. “Are you kidding me?!”

 

“N-no? I really followed the instructions.”

 

“Show me the recipe you were working after.”

 

Fumbling his phone out of his pocket, Jongin haden Kyungsoo his phone. He watched as his spouse opened the internet browser and the recipe popped up, swallowing when Kyungsoo’s face darkened. “W-what?”

 

Gazing up, Kyungsoo clenched his jaw. “I can’t believe how stupid you are!”

 

“W-why? What did I do wrong?”

 

“Almost everything,” Kyungsoo nearly yelled. “First of all, this symbol does not mean that the baking tray should be put into the top rack, it means that you should work with upper heat! And, gosh, those 375 degrees they’re talking about here are Fahrenheit and Celsius! 375 degree Fahrenheit are approximately 195 degree Celsius, that’s why the cookies should bake for 40 Minutes!” Kyungsoo paused, harshly breathing in. “I can’t believe you let the oven run at the highest phase like that. Really? Can’t you read?! It clearly says Fahrenheit down here!”

 

Kyungsoo was more than mad and Jongin just didn’t know how to respond to him. He knew he had done wrong but he couldn’t change it anymore. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Yeah, sure you’re sorry.” Huffing, Kyungsoo shoved Jongin his phone back into his hand and stomped out of the cold kitchen.

 

Chanyeol and Sehun were sitting by Baekhyun, who still lay in his baby carrier. The boy was away and looking at Kyungsoo with wide open eyes when he leaned over him. “Hey baby,” Soo smiled, reaching out to unbuckle the safety belt. “Are you doing better?”

 

“What’s wrong with Hyunnie?” Chanyeol asked, watching as his Papa took off his baby brother’s beanie and snowsuit.

 

“He has an ear infection, but it’s not that bad. He’ll be okay soon.” Once freed from his outerwear, Kyungsoo sat his baby down on the carpet. Baekhyun let out a gurgling sound and looked around the living room. “Do you want to unpack the presents Santa has left for you  now? I’m sorry that you had to wait so long.”

 

“It’s okie,” Chanyeol smiled and Sehun mimicked his older brother, copying his bright smile.

 

Returning the smile, Kyungsoo got up from the floor. “Would you like to have a hot cho-ah” Remembering that he couldn’t use his kitchen, Kyungsoo let out a deep sigh. “Well, I can’t over you a hot choco but maybe a choco milk will do?”

 

“Yes,” both boys smiled.

 

“Alright, go ahead then.”

 

“No, we wait!”

 

“Oh okay, then I’ll hurry.”

 

Taking Baekhyun’s snowsuit and beanie along, Kyungsoo dropped the tiny piece of cloth onto a chair that stood in the hallway and then headed for the kitchen. Jongin was still standing in the room, looking like a beaten up puppy.

 

“Babe, I’m really sorry.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.”

 

“Please, don’t be mad at me.”

 

“But I am mad, Jongin,” Kyungsoo grumbled, getting two beakers out of the cupboard. “Do you even know how difficult everything just got?! I won’t be able to make anything for dinner tonight, so we have to find a place that’s open for us to order some food. I won’t even be able to warm up milk for the boys to have a hot choco. This is really not how I wanted to spent Christmas!”

 

“M-me neither,” Jongin mumbled. “I’m sorry.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t respond to Jongin’s words and quickly prepared his two older son’s a choco milk. Jongin followed him to the living room and quietly sat down the couch when the kids started to unpack their Christmas gifts.

 

Baby Baekhyun sat right in the middle of the whole action, happily squeaking at the flying pieces of wrapping paper Sehun and Chanyeol threw around while unpacking their presents. Giving him his own gift to unwrap, Kyungsoo sat down next to their youngest son and helped him.

 

Jongin didn’t join the fun but snapped pictures and recorded some videos of his children happily reacting to their gifts. Chanyeol jumped in joy over the toy race track and additional colorful cars and Sehun tightly squeezed his new dinosaur toy, happily wiggling.

 

Baekhyun let out a giggle when he finally had unwrapped his present, a softly singing star plushy. He grabbed the yellow star with his tiny hands and lifted it up, pressing his face into it.

 

“Oh,” Kyungsoo laughed out. “Did you just give it a kiss?”

 

Baekhyun looked at him with wide open eyes and tilted his head a little. “Kiss?” Kyungsoo asked and pointed at the star.

 

Little Baek squeaked and repeated the action from before, pressing his whole face into the soft plushy once again.

 

“Can I have a kiss, too?” Kyungsoo then asked, pursing his lips a little.

 

Baekhyun tilted his head upwards and leaned forwards a little when his Papa leaned down to meet him for a peck. He broke into a bright smiled when Kyungsoo did a “Muah,” sound while pulling back.

 

Jongin smiled to himself, lowering his phone for a moment to look at the photos he just had taken of his family.  Sometimes it seemed so surreal how fast his son’s were growing. Chanyeol was only a year away to become a elementary schooler, Sehun had transformed into a lively and confident kindergarten kid and Baekhyun, who a few months before was a tiny newborn, had magnificently grown into a baby that was able to sit, crawl and soo would get his very first teeth.

 

Totally spaced out, scrolling back and forth the numerous pictures he had taken, Jongin only snapped back to reality when Sehun patted his leg. “Uh-oh, what?”

 

“Daddy, Santa has left you a present, too,” the boy, holding up a nicely wrapped Christmas gift his name was written onto.

 

“Oh.”

 

Taking the present, Jongin placed the box into his lap. Sehun instantly crawled back to his older brother, who was busy building up his race track and Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were no longer in the room, he had to notice.

 

Opening the soft white ribbon that was tied around the in dark blue wrapping paper packed box, Jongin let out a soundless gasp when he eventually got to the content of the present. A pair of pitch black dancing shoes smiled at him and carefully he took one of the shoes out of the box.

 

Running the tips of his fingers over the soft, matt leather surface, Jongin hummed. The shoe was perfect. Elegant in appearance, with a complete flat sole for him to combine modern dance moves with classic ballet elements.

 

He teared up a little. He didn’t deserve a present; not only because he did not have anything to give to Kyungsoo in return but especially because he had caused this Christmas day to turn out chaotic as hell.

 

Breathing in, he put the shoe back into its box and stood up from the couch. Leaving Sehun and Chanyeol behind, he went to look for his spouse. A cold breeze tickled him when he stepped into the hallway. As the door had to be slightly ajar for the power cable of the refrigerator the cold air was able to sneak its way into the house.

 

Shivering a little, Jongin went up the stairs. He found Kyungsoo and Baekhyun in the nursery. Baekhyun was busily crawling around while Kyungsoo stood by the dresser, shaking a bottle. Almost instantly Jongin spotted the kettle and the bottle warmer, along with the cans of formula and baby food jars and it caused another wave of guilt crawling up his insides.

 

“Hey,” he softly called out to get Kyungsoo attention.

 

Kyungsoo turned around. “Oh, could you please close the door,” he voiced out, nodding at the slightly open door. “The cold is coming up from downstairs.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Jongin quickly rushed to shut the door.  “Is something wrong?” Kyungsoo asked him when he stepped further into the room again. “No,” Jongin answered, shaking his head.

 

Kyungsoo frowned a little at his husband’s lowered gaze. “Jongin,” he called out. “What is it?”

 

“Babe,” Jongin said, eventually looking int Kyungsoo in the face. “Please, don’t be mad at me. I know I ed up.”

 

“Ah, language!” Kyungsoo warned, nodding at baby Baekhyun.

 

“Oh, sorry. But really, I know I’ve done wrong. Please, I can’t stand it when you’re mad at me.”

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh. “I just can’t help it. Just imagine what could’ve happened?! The entire house could have burned down! You, Chanyeol and Sehun could’ve get hurt and that  all because you read some instructions wrong and didn’t even to bother to check them again even though you noticed something was off with the indicated temperature!”

 

Jongin bit down his lips when he noticed the angry tears in his spouse’s eyes. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Stop apologizing,” Soo said, wiping away his tears. “I know you’re sorry. But please understand that I can’t help but be angry. Just give me some time to calm down.”

 

“Okay,” Jongin nodded. He stepped towards Kyungsoo and pressed a chaste kiss to the smaller’s forehead. “Thank you very much for the gift, by the way. They’re awesome.”

 

“You’re welcome,” Kyungsoo said, smiling softly. “You know what?” He called after Jongin when t etaller was about to leave. “You can figure out what we’re going to have for dinner.”

 

“S-sure.”

 

While Kyungsoo stayed upstairs and fed a bottle to Baekhyun, Jongin went back to the living room. After cleaning up the mess of wrapping papers and ribbons, Jongin grabbed his phone and checked for any open restaurant he could order food from.

 

Calling a bunch of restaurant he was given almost the exact same answer to his questions. “Sorry, we don’t deliver and we only do pickups for reservations as we will close at 8pm.”

 

A deep sigh escaped the father. With every restaurant telling him that there was no way he could get some food from them, Jongin came to the conclusion that the only option left was getting dinner at a fast food restaurant.

 

He in a breath when Kyungsoo walked back into the living room, sitting down on the couch next to him after placing Baekhyun on the floor. The baby crawled off to his brothers and curiously watched as Sehun and Chanyeol played with the eldest car toys.

 

“I have good and bad news.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “Shall I guess?”

 

“You can try.”

 

“We have plenty of restaurants to choose from but all of them are fast food stores.”

 

Jongin swallowed. “H-how do you know?”

 

“Darling, it’s Christmas. All the restaurants that are open tonight only work on reservations. That’s something you should know.”

 

“Well, I didn’t know that,” Jongin admitted. “So, what now?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Let the boy’s decide, I don’t care. But we have to eat something.”

 

“We could order some chicken,” Jongin suggested. “I know fried chicken is far from having a roasted Turkey but it’s at least similar, isn’t it?”

 

A chuckle escaped the older. “Well, it’s at least both poultry.”

 

“So, chicken?”

 

Eventually Kyungsoo nodded. “Okay, it’s fine,” he said. “Are you thinking of getting some from KFC?”

 

“I guess, yeah.”

 

“Then get a pot of this mashed potato and gravy for Baek.”

 

“Okay. When do you think I should go and get some?”

 

“In about two hours I’d say,” Soo hummed. “I’ll shower the boys in the time you’re gone.”

 

Jongin nodded to himself. His gaze fell onto his younger son when Baekhyun got a hold of Sehun’s dino toy, gurgling at it. He pursed his rosy lips into a pout and his chubby cheeks were slightly flushed. “I didn’t have the chance to ask yet, what’s the cause of Baek’s fever? He still looks slightly feverish.”

 

“He still is,” Soo said. “But the doctor said it’s normal. It’ll take a while to completely fade away. He has an ear infection.”

 

“Oh, really? But isn’t an ear infection painful?”

 

“That’s what I thought too but the doctor said since it’s an inflammation in the ear canal it’s not painful. Just really red and sore. He hates the ear drops, though. I don’t look forward to give him them again tonight.”

 

Jongin hummed. “Could the doctor determined where the infection is coming from?”

 

“He probably got cold or has been in a draught for some time. We have to infuse him the drops twice a day, along with suppositories or the fever.”

 

“Well, he really doesn’t seem to be very bothered by neither the fever nor the infection.”

 

“Thank god,” Soo sighed. He shifted in his seat to get a little more comfortable and brushed against the present he had gifted his husband. Grabbing the box he put it away onto the coffee table. “Have you tried them on?”

 

“No, not yet.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “They’re supposed to be your size but they look quite small. I considered getting a size bigger but those then looked way too big. Let me know if they fit or not. I kept the receipt.”

 

“Where did you get them? The design is really nice.”

 

“There’s a shop close to Sehun’s kindergarten. I believe it has recently opened, I haven’t seen it before.”

 

“I feel bad,” Jongin said. “I don’t have anything for you.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “That’s totally fine. I didn’t intend to get you a present but when I checked the shop out I saw those and thought you’d like them.”

 

“I do like them. A lot. Thank you.”

 

“You’re m-oh! Baek, no!”

 

Jongin flinched when Kyungsoo all of the sudden shot up and jumped towards their baby. He watched when his spouse grabbed Baekhyun by his chin and took something away from him. Baekhyun cried out and loudly whined, wiggling his entire body in frustration. “W-what happened?”

 

“He found a piece of tape and tired to eat it,” Kyungsoo said, showing the piece of tape to his husband.

 

“Oh, I thought I made sure to pick everything up.”

 

“Ah, I guess to fully clean the carpet I guess we have to hoover,” Kyungsoo stated. Stuffing the tape piece into the pocket of his pants, he then wrapped his fingers around his still wailing baby and picked Baekhyun up.

 

Jongin took him from Kyungsoo when the older came back to the couch and lifted him up, holding up above his head. “Oh baby, don’t whine,” he said, gently digging the tips of his fingers into Baekhyun’s side. Almost instantly the baby laughed out at the tickling feeling, eyes cutely curving as he smiled.

 

Bringing Baek down, Jongin laid him down onto the couch and rubbed his chubby belly. Giggling in joy, Baekhyun kicked out his tiny legs. Smiling, Jongin got a hold of one of his legs and rubbed his thumb over the soft fabric of the dark blue onesie he was wearing. “He’s gotten chubbier,” the father hummed, feeling the meaty leg.

 

Kyungsoo laughed out. “He’s weighing the same as Sehun and Chanyeol did this age, he’s simply smaller. I guess he takes after me.” Leaning over his baby, Kyungsoo kissed Baek’s lips. “Poor boy is going to be a dwarf.”

 

Jongin snorted and his sound was able to draw Sehun’s and Chanyeol’s attention. Curious to see what was going on the brothers moved to the couch. Chanyeol knelt down in front of the couch while Sehun climbed onto the couch and took seat by his Daddy.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked, gazing at his baby brother.

 

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo answered his question. “Daddy just laughed because I said Baek is going to be a dwarf.”

 

“A dwarf?” Sehun asked, frowning in confusion. “He’s a dwarf?”

 

Jongin chuckled. “No, he’s not a dwarf. Papa means that Baek peopably won’t be as tall as you too when he gets older.”

 

“Are we tall?” Chanyeol wanted to know.

 

“Oh, you two are quite tall, yes. Didn’t you notice yet? You’re taller than all of your friends.”

 

Sehun hummed. “I thought they were younger than me,” he then said, causing his parents to snicker.

 

“Well,” Kyungsoo said. “Your friends are not younger, they are all the same age as you. But yeah, you’re quite tall already. I’m sure you’ll be at least as tall as Daddy later.”

 

“Ohh-”

 

The remaining time until Jongin got ready to get his family some food, the family chatted about everything and anything. Chanyeol randomly dropped the question from where babies would come from and Jongin was impressed by how calm and quickly Kyungsoo answered their son’s question and Chanyeol was obviously very satisfied with the information he had gotten.

 

As Jongin was eventually getting ready Sehun acted up a little, not wanting to take a shower. “Listen here, young man,” Jongin said, crouching down to look his son eye to eye. “I’ll go now and get us something for dinner and when I’m back I want you to be showered and dressed in your pajamas. And if you’re not done by the time I’m back you go straight to bed. Understood?”

 

“Y-yes Daddy,” Sehun mumbled, gazing to the floor.

 

“Okay, let’s play a game,” Jongin said to lift his son’s mood up again. “Let’s see who of us is faster, you showering or me getting us food?”

 

“And if I win?”

 

“Then I’ll get you a little surprise.”

 

Sehun’s eyes lit up. “Chanyeollie, too?”

 

“Yes,  Yeol too.”

 

“Okay! Okay!” Hopping over to Kyungsoo, Sehun tugged at the hem of his pullover. “Papa, hurry! Hurry!”

 

Kyungsoo snickered and glanced at Jongin. “You better hurry.”

 

As Kyungsoo took the kids to shower, Jongin went to drive to get the fried chicken. Making sure to order a pot of the mashed potatoes with gravy for Baekhyun, he ordered a variety of different things to bring home some diversity. With two large bags full of food, Jongin made a quick stop at the gas station to get his son’s a Kinder Joy. Of course all three boys were done with shower when he arrived back home and he almost stumbled over baby Baekhyun when he walked into the living room.

 

“Oh baby, why are you lying there?” He asked as he stepped over his son, gazing down on him.

 

Baekhyun lay on his back right the walkway, holding onto his new plush star. He let out a squeal and gifted his father his adorable toothless smile.

 

“Oh, he was copying Sehun and Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo answered from the couch. “They were rolling around the floor and he wanted to do it too.”

 

“Ah, I see,” Jongin smiled. He brought the bags to the coffee table and then sunk down in front of it.

 

“So much!” Chanyeol voiced out as he watched his parents unpacking the two bags.

 

“Indeed,” Kyungsoo agreed. “Why so much?”

 

“I thought I bring a little of everything. And as I know that you’re not a big fan of all this greasy stuff I bought a wrap and a grilled chicken salad too.”

 

“Are there potatoes too?” Sehun chirped.

 

“Yes,” Jongin nodded. “Fries and wedges.”

 

Enjoying the rather unusual Christmas dinner, Kyungsoo and Jongin took turns on feeding Baekhyun. The baby obviously enjoyed his mashed potatoes and ate quite a lot. Sehun and Chanyeol also ate quite a lot and where visibly struggling with finishing the sweet treat Jongin had brought him for dessert.

 

There were plenty of leftovers and Jongin stole one more piece of chicken before storing the food in the refrigerator and moving back to the living room. Baekhyun was already in bed and Chanyeol and Sehun were watching the last minutes of a movie Kyungsoo had for them. Sitting down beside his husband, Jongin held his breath for a second when Kyungsoo’s hand came to rest on his upper thigh.

 

Waiting for yet another movement from his spouse, Jongin let out a hum when Kyungsoo gave his leg a squeeze. Kyungsoo never made those kinds of touches without any intention and so a tingling feeling rose up in Jongin‘s stomach.

 

As the credits of the movies started to run, Kyungsoo leaned over, “Your turn to bring them to bed,” he whispered. “I’ll wait for you in the shower.”

 

Jongin tried to rush with getting the boys ready for bed but Chanyeol and Sehun did not play along. They took their time with brushing their teeth and much to Jongin’s regret they then chose a quite long book to read as their bedtime story.

 

Book read and kid’s kissed goodnight, Jongin rushed down to the living room to switch off the lights and turn off the string lights of the Christmas tree. The shower was running when he stepped into the master bedroom and the thought alone of Kyungsoo, all , waiting for him had his blood rushing south.

 

Stumbling into the bedroom he locked the door and fumbled with the button of his jeans. Kyungsoo laughed at him when he almost tripped over his own feet in all his excitement. “Hold your horses.”

 

“Can’t,” Jongin said, pulling down his boxers. He was about to reach for the shower cabin door handle but Kyungsoo held it shut from the inside. “U-uh what?”

 

“Did you blow out the candles of the advent wreath?”

 

“I d-did.”

 

“You hesitated,” Kyungsoo said, raising a brow. “Go and check. I don’t need something else to burn today.”

 

Back off, Jongin raised his hands. “Stay where you are. I’ll be right back!”

 

Kyungsoo laughed out when Jongin dashed off; all excited and . “Oh, what a Christmas.”