♦ ChanHun ft. side!SeKai & KaiSoo

Exo Family Stories

https://78.media.tumblr.com/581a66a465de1a6f8a6ba9c8218ffa33/tumblr_nrjer79RgZ1spwfcso1_400.gif
CuTAEpie, this is probably not what you wanted but...eh...sorry. Forgive me.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was so surprised to see that thing in the bathroom trash can that he actually bent down to fumble it out of the small, red bin. “Holy!”

Rushing out of the bathroom he headed towards the living room, where both of his housemates played some video game. “Attention, please!”

 

“Not now, Yeol,” Jongin uttered, eyes focused on the flickering TV. “I’m about to win.”

 

Shaking his head Chanyeol took a couple of steps and stood in front of the TV, blocking the view.

 

“Chanyeol,” Sehun groaned. “Move your skinny away!”

 

“I will,” Yeol said. “When you tell me what this is?!”

 

Both, Sehun and Jongin leaned forwards a little to see what their friend was holding out to them. “It is-” Jongin began. “Very obviously a pregnancy test.”

 

“Duh, as if I wouldn’t know,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

“Then what do you want to know?”

 

“It’s positive,” the young man stated.

 

A laugh left Jongin. “It is? Damn Yeol, really. By now you should know what a is. Who’s the lucky father, by the way.”

 

“I don’t know,” Chanyeol said, crossing his arms in front of his chest. “Because it’s not my test. I found it in the bathroom bin. So, who of you took it?”

 

“Well, not me-” Jongin started, turning his head to the right. As he met Sehun’s pale, frozen face he gasped. “It’s yours?”

 

The youngest didn’t respond but broke into tears as both of his housemates looked at him, waiting for an answer.

 

Moving from his spot in front of the TV, Chanyeol went over to Sehun and sat down next to him. “Hey, calm down a little,” he cooed, rubbing his friends back.

 

Sehun shook his head. “N-no,” he hiccuped. “Y-you don’t understand.”

 

“True though,” Jongin uttered. “I didn’t know you are seeing someone.”

 

“I’m not,” Hun said, glaring at his friend.

 

Jongin frowned in confusion at how Sehun stared at him before he eventually got it. “Oh, no,” dropping his controller, he backed off the couch. “No, this can’t be.”

 

This time it was Chanyeol who frowned in confusion. He looked back and forth between his friends, studying their faces. “W-wait,” he brought out, pointing at them. “The two of you?”

 

“It was one ing time!” Groaning Jongin ran his hands through his hair. “, really? Are you sure?”

 

“Wait, the two of you?” Chanyeol asked again. “When?”

 

“Shut up for a second,” Jongin hissed at the oldest. He then looked at Sehun, who still was sobbing. “Sehun, are you sure?”


“I d-don’t know, I guess.”

 

“When did you take the test?” Chanyeol asked, leaning over to grab a small package of tissues that lay on the coffee table. Fumbling one of the soft issues out of the pack, he gave it to Sehun and patiently waiting until the younger had wiped away somes of his tears.

 

“O-on Friday.”

 

“Friday?” Jongin gasped. “Today is Wednesday! You know it for already almost a week?!”

 

Chanyeol shot his friend a glare. “God, calm down, okay?!”

 

“Calm down?! I’d like to see yo-” “Shut it, Jongin,” Yeol growled. “Just bite your tongue for a moment.”

 

Grumbling Jongin rolled his eyes and plopped down on the old armchair Chanyeol had once brought home from a flea market.

 

“So,” Yeol said once he was sure that Jongin would not interrupt him again. “You took the test last Friday?”

 

Sehun gave a nod. “Y-yes.”

 

“Uh, I mean I know why you took the test but uh-” Chanyeol awkwardly paused.

 

“I started to feel a little queasy and I don’t know-” Sehun breathed in, sniffling a little. “I saw this ad and it k-kinda hit me.”

 

“Did you make an appointment already? I mean, sometimes those tests are false.”

 

“Oh god, I hope it is,” Jongin groaned.

 

Sehun shook his head.

 

“You didn’t?! Hell, how long do you want to wait?”

 

“ Jongin, could you please lower your voice?” Chanyeol growled, glaring at his friend. “And be a little nicer, okay?”

 

“Excuse me,” the young man said. “But how could I? This is , nothing but ! Sehun, really. You have to get a confirmation.”

 

“I k-know.”

 

“Shall we make one right now?” Chanyeol asked. “I can call the hospital if you want.”

 

Sehun gave a faint nod. “T-thank you.”




 




 

Jongin was running down the hospital hall, constantly checking the time while Sehun and Chanyeol sat by the door of the examination room. The youngest held onto a cup of water while the oldest of the trio rubbed his back as they waited for the doctor to call them back into the room.

 

Sehun was glad that he did not have to be there alone, yet Jongin’s presence disturbed him a little. “Would you please sit down?”

 

“No, why?”

 

“Y-you make me nervous.”

 

“We should be nervous,” Jongin countered back with a hiss. “I really hope this test will turn out negative.”

 

“Well, if you wouldn’t have ed without a we wouldn’t be here right now. Now, shut up and sit down.”

 

Jongin bit down his lip at Chanyeol’s comment but followed the order and went over to sit down. Just as he had plopped down, the door to the examination room opened. “Mr. Oh?”

 

Sehun let out a shaky breath and let himself pulled up by Chanyeol. “Can you make it short and sweet, please?”

 

The doctor gave a smile as he sat down. “Of course,” he said, reaching for a piece of paper. “Well, the blood test turned out positive,” he confirmed Sehun’s fear only a moment later.

 

“Oh great,” Jongin brought out with a breath.

 

“This sounds as if you did not plan this pregnancy.”

 

“No,” Sehun said, shaking his head.

 

“Well, you know in this case there are possibilities to stop the pregnancy.”

 

Chanyeol gazed at Sehun as the words slipped past the doctors lips. He saw the younger swallowing and gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze. “Until when does he have to make a decision?” He asked for his friend.

 

“We can perform an abortion until the third month but I suggest it to get done as soon as possible if you really decide to have one.”

 

Chanyeol nodded at the words. “Can we have some information material?”

 

“Of course,” the doctor said, immediately opening the drawer of his desk. “If you have any questions, just call me.”

 

“Thank you very much.”

 

As they left the room and walked down the long corridor, silence lay between the friends. Chanyeol held onto the information papers, had them rolled up into his hand while Sehun trotted beside him with a lowered head.

 

Jongin walked a few steps behind them and Sehun could feel the other’s eyes burning holes into his back. Once outside and away from a greater audience, Jongin walked up to him. “You’ll do it, right? You’ll get this abortion done, yes?”

 

Sehun tensed, immediately close to tears. “I d-don’t know yet.”

 

“What do you mean you don’t know. , you can’t keep this child.”

 

“What he can and what he can’t is none of your business,” Chanyeol stepped in. “Give him some time to think about it, will you?”

 

“How can you be so ing calm about this?”

 

“I can image how ty this must be for you right now but putting Sehun under pressure won’t bring you much. You should show some understanding and should support him. You’re just as responsible for this as he is.”

 

Breathing in, Jongin kept quiet. “I just want a clear answer.”

 

“What do you want to hear?” Sehun’s roar had Chanyeol and Jongin flinching. His voice was thick and tears once again were watering his eyes. “Do you that desperately want to hear that I’ll get rid of it?!”

 

“Yes!” Jongin yelled back. “Exactly that’s what I want to hear!”

 

“Oh god,” Sehun laughed out. “ you! Just you!”

 

Running off, he ignored Chanyeol calling after him and disappeared around the next corner. He wandered around the streets until the late evening, not picking up any of the calls that he received from his friends.

 

Chanyeol literally jumped at him as he came home around midnight. “Oh god, finally. Where have you been? I was so worried.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Hun mumbled as he toed off his shoes. “I had to get my head free.”

 

Yeol nodded at the words. “Did you have money with you? Did you eat something?”

 

“No, not yet.”

 

“There’s some of the pizza left that I’ve ordered. Do you want some of it?”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

“Alright, let me get it for you.”

 

As Chanyeol rushed off to get the pizza, Sehun went over to the living room. On his way there he threw a look at Jongins open bedroom door. There was no light to be seen so he hesitated to walk into the living room, afraid to face his friend once again.

 

“Don’t worry, he’s not here.”

 

“Where is he?” Sehun asked, following Chanyeol into the room.

 

“He’s at Kyungsoos.”
 

“Ah, I see.”

 

For a while Chanyeol kept quiet and watched as Sehun bit into the pizza, humming softly. “May I ask you something?”

 

Sighing, Sehun swallowed his bite and glanced at his friend. “I was already wondering when you’d ask again,” he dryly laughed.

 

“You don’t have to answer, though.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay.” Dropping the piece of pizza back into the box, he leaned back into the couch. “It was one time thing, there’s nothing going on between us. You’re out with your family that weekend and we decided to stroll through some clubs. Jongin was frustrated with something that happened between him and Kyungsoo and yeah, I don’t know. We’re just stupidly drunk and playful fighting turned into teasing and yeah, I guess I don’t have to tell you about the rest.”  

 

Chanyeol let out a soft sound. “Well, now I get why Jongin is so sensitive about the circumstances you’re in.”

 

“Yeah?” Sehun wanted to know.

 

“Yes,” Yeol nodded. “I mean it does not excuse his behavior and how he treated you today but I guess he’s frustrated with himself. He’s slept with you, that means he’s cheated on Kyungsoo right?”

 

Sehun hummed. “I guess. I don’t know if they’re a couple yet but yeah, I guess it kind of counts as cheating.” Leaning back forwards, he reached for the pizza again. “But you’re right, it does not excuse his snotty mouth.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Uh, I’ve put the papers into your room. They’re on your desk.”

 

“T-thanks,” the younger said. “Did you read it?”

 

“I did, yes.”

 

“And? What informations did you get?”

 

“Do you really want to know right now?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Chanyeol breathed in. “Well, like the doctor said, you have until the third month. All above is illegal. There are a couple of ways to perform it, such as a minor surgery. There’s also a pill you could take but this procedure is not completely safe. Also-”

 

“Yes?” Sehun asked as his friend paused. “What is it?”

 

“No matter which method you choose, it’ll cost you something between $400 to $1500.”

 

“What?” Sehun gasped. “$400 for a damn pill?”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Holy .” Shaking his head, Sehun let out a laugh. “Where the hell should I take $400 from? I don’t have that money.”

 

“Well, I’m sure Jongin will give you half of the sum.”

 

“He has to!”

 

“Do you really want to do it?”

 

The sudden question caught Sehun off guard. “W-what? Of course.”

 

“Sorry,” Yeol immediately apologized. “I was just curious.”

 

“W-what makes you think that I’d keep it?”

 

“I don’t know, I mean it’s not the baby’s fault and even if you don’t want to have it, why k-killing it? There are so many people out there who’d love to have a baby. You could give it up for adoption.”

 

“Jongin would hate me for it.”

 

“He should hate himself for sleeping with you in first place.” Chanyeol sudden loud, angry voice had Sehun flinching. “Sorry,” he immediately apologized. “I think it’s just not fair for the baby. It should have a chance to live.”

 

Sehun sighed. “M-maybe you’re right,” he said. “It’s really not the baby’s fault but even if I decide to keep it and then give it up for adoption, I would not want to just give it to someone. I’d want to know to whom I’d give it. Does that make sense?”

 

“Absolutely,” Yeol nodded. “And there is a way to make sure the baby would get the family you’d like to give it to.”

 

“There is? Wait, how do you know?”

 

“Well, I maybe have looked it up already,” the young man confessed. “Just because I think it’s not fair for the baby to never live. of course. I’m sorry.”

 

Sehun laughed out. “It’s okay, no need to apologize.”

 

“Will you think about it?”

 

“I will,” Sehun said, giving a smile. “Under one condition, tough.”

 

“Y-yeah?”

 

“If I decide to keep it, you have to be there when I tell Jongin and you have to help me to find a family for the baby. And prepare, it would have to be the perfect one!”

 

“Sure,” Chanyeol snickered. “Nothing easier than this. You can count on me.”





 





 

Getting a grip on Jongin after Sehun’s unplanned pregnancy was confirmed was harder than catching an unicorn. The dance teacher didn’t pick up his phone, ignored any text messages and when he showed up at their apartment, he had Kyungsoo with him.

 

Sehun tried, he really did to tell, really tried to inform his friend that he decided to not abort the baby but he simply couldn’t. He couldn’t because Jongin literally avoid him and he did it so good that by the time 12 full weeks had passed.

 

“Do I even have to tell him anymore? I’m over the three months anyways.”

 

Chanyeol hummed. “Well, I don’t know. But he still has the right to know, right?”

 

Sehun shrugged and sighed, leaning back into his chair. He gazed down his body and to his stomach. There was nothing much to see yet he sometimes thought that he could already make out a small bulge. “But he’s ignoring me. So, why shall I tell hi-” he paused as he heard a sound that came from the front door. He gazed at Chanyeol. “Alright, I’ll do now no matter if his precious boyfriend is with him or not.”

 

Chanyeol also got up from his chair as Sehun stood up, leaving the kitchen towards the hall. Of course Jongin was not alone and had Kyungsoo accompanying him but he knew that Sehun was serious about telling him about his decision and that Jongin could not back away this time.

 

“Jongin, we have to talk.”

 

“Ah sorry,” Jongin smiled. “I have no time.”

 

“I don’t care if you have time or not, we have to talk,” Sehun grumbled, balling his hands into fists. “Right now.”

 

“Hey,” Kyungsoo called out as Jongin wanted to head towards his room and grabbed him by the arm. “It really sounds important.”

 

Jongin huffed, clenching his jaw. “Alright, what is it?”

 

“Uh, can we talk alone?”

 

“No, why?”

 

Chanyeol took a step forwards. “Jongin, please. Don’t you think tha-” “Leave it, Yeol,” Sehun cut in. “If he does not want to have this talk in private, whatever. Jongin, after you so successfully ignored me for the past three months, I’d like to finally tell you that’ll keep the baby.”

 

Jongin’s face fell and so did Kyungsoo’s. “What?”

 

Swallowing, Jongin turned to his boyfriend. “Listen, this happened before you and I and-” Frowning, he turned to Sehun. “I’m pretty sure we agreed on you getting this abortion done.”


“We agreed on nothing,” Sehun hissed. “You did because you don’t want to face the responsibility. But before you freak out let me tell you that I won’t keep the baby. I’ll give it up on adoption.”

 

“Why? That’s so stupid.”

 

“I think this baby deserves to live. Only because we made a mistake shouldn’t mean that it has to die.”

 

“That’s a great move,” Kyungsoo quietly brought out. “Respect for that.”

 

“T-thanks,” Sehun said, though it felt a little awkward. “Uh, K-kyungsoo I know that this must be very shocking for you but Jongin did not lie. This happened when you and he were not a thing yet and uh, it was just a dumb mistake.”

 

The smaller male nodded. “Let it be my worry,” he smiled. “Thanks for being so open about it. I was already wondering why Jongin was so weird in the past weeks. That explains a lot.”

 

Jongin looked at his boyfriend. “Soo, I’m sorry. I-”

 

“Go and grab the stuff you wanted to get. We can talk about this at my place.”

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were gone only a couple of minutes later and Sehun was relieved that it finally was out.

 

“Well, that went better than I expected it to be,” Chanyeol said as they went back to the kitchen. As Sehun sat down he went over to the kitchen counter, grabbing the kettle. “Don’t you think?”

 

“I’m surprised how calm Kyungsoo was about it,” Sehun uttered. “Would you’ve been so calm?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Maybe? I guess he really has feelings for Jongin and if I’d be in his situation I might would have reacted the same. It’s an unfortunate situation but if you really love someone I guess you can figure something out.”

 

Sehun cracked a smile. “You’re too good for this world and if Kyungsoo doesn’t leave Jongin after this, he’s too.”

 

“What about you? You told Kyungsoo that Jongin didn’t lie about the night you shared and that it happened before they started their thing.”

 

“Well, yeah. Maybe I wanted to soothe things a little. I mean, Jongin has never been in love like this before. I’m sure that he and Kyungsoo could become a real thing, you know.”

 

Chanyeol smiled, giving a nod. “Yeah, maybe. It would be nice for him. I hope they can work it out.”

 

“What about you, by the way? Anyone you’ve laid your eyes on?”

 

“I wish,” the tall man laughed. “I’m too dumb to find someone, I swear.”

 

Sehun laughed out as well. “Oh, why?”

 

“I don’t know. I really have no luck.”

 

“Hard to believe.”

 

“Really, I’m not kidding. The last date I had was with this cute guy we met at the bar.”

 

“Oh what,” Sehun snorted. “That’s almost a year ago.”

 

“I know, I’m hopeless.”

 

“Aww, poor Yeollie.”

 

Playfully pouting, Chanyeol nodded. “Yes.”

 

“If it makes you feel better, my lovelife is just as dead as yours.”

 

Grabbing the kettle, Chanyeol poured the hot water into two mugs. “Yes? Why? I thought you’re seeing this guy you met at Jongins course?” He went over to Sehun, setting the two steaming tea cups onto the table.

 

“Well yes, I was. But we kinda lost contact after the second time we went out and let’s be honest. With a bun in the oven I’m off market. Who’d go out with someone who’s expecting?”

 

“I’m sure there are plenty who would,” Yeol stated. “I mean, where’s the difference between meeting someone who already has children and meeting someone’s who’s about to have a child?”

 

“There’s a huge difference,” Hun laughed, reaching for his cup. “Plus, we’re in our twenties and not in our thirties.”

 

“I don’t see a difference in this,” Chanyeol said, shrugging his shoulders. “Everyone who does is just narrow minded.”

 

“Oh, so you think I’m narrow minded?”

 

“T-that’s not what I-” Yeol paused. “Well, maybe.”

 

“Moah, you’re so mean,” Sehun whined, faking an offended gasp. “How dare you?” He laughed out when Chanyeol respond with nothing but a toothy grin.





 



 

Time passed and the more the baby under his heart grew, the more Sehun was glad that he decided to give it the chance to live. He felt good about his decision and promised the unborn to find the perfect family for it. But this project turned out to be more difficult than expected. Somehow none of the families he was in contact in was good enough for him.

 

“What’s with that face?”

 

Sehun gazed at Chanyeol, grumbling a little. “I don’t like them.”

 

“Who?”

 

“The Lee family.”

 

“Oh why,” Yeol wanted to know. “They seem very nice.”

 

“They’re a little too nice.”

 

“Too nice?” Laughing out, Chanyeol plopped down onto the couch. He reached out for the folder with the Lee’s name on and flipped it open.

 

Ever since Sehun had decided to stick with the adoption option Chanyeol was there to help him. He helped to find possible candidates, went to the offices with him and he even was there to rub his back when he once again was hit by nausea.

 

“I don’t know, just look at them.”

 

“I see nothing wrong with them,” Yeol said, looking at the picture of the friendly smiling couple. “I think they’re a good option. They already have two adopted children, they have a nice house and the family court highly recommends them.”

 

“Don’t you think they’re a little too old for a baby?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Maybe? I don’t know. What’s the perfect age for a baby anyways?”

 

“I don’t know but not forty-two. They’ll be sixty when the baby graduates from high school.”

 

“Sehun, when you don’t want them, just say so,” Chanyeol chuckled in amusement.

 

The young expecting sighed. “Okay, I don’t want them. They’re too old.”

 

“Good, then they now will jon the pile of unwanted ones.”

 

“Oh, don’t call it like that!”

 

“But it’s the truth. They’re the unwanted ones,” Yeol said. As he threw the file over to a couple of already abandoned ones, he reached out for another and flipped it open. “What about this family?”

 

Sehun shifted and rested his head on his friends shoulder as he read through the application form. He hummed a little. “Sounds nice, so far.”

 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement. “Early thirties, nice b-” “Oh no, no, no-” The younger cut him off. “She’s a teacher. Nope!”

 

“What’s so bad of having a teacher as a parent?”

 

“That’s the maximum penalty for a child.”

 

“Jongin’s father is a teacher,” Yeol randomly stated.

 

“Yes,” Hun nodded. “And look what it has done to him in school. He never was allowed to join us outside when he ed up a homework assignment or an exam.”

 

“Well, that’s true. Where is he by the way? Didn’t he say that he’d help picking out a family?”

 

Unlike both, Chanyeol and Sehun, had thought, Jongin also eventually accepted Sehun’s decision and offered to help finding a suitable family as well. And even though he had this misstep with Sehun, Jongin and Kyungsoo were able to build up their relationship. He had moved out of their apartment soon after the truth was out and though the certain circumstances were a little strange, the friendship between Jongin and Sehun grew pretty much back to normal.

 

“He and Kyungsoo are visiting Kyungsoo’s parents. Somehow Kyungsoo’s parents had mentioned something about marriage and Jongin wants to sort things out.”

 

“Marriage?” Chanyeol snorted. “Hell, Kyungsoo’s parents are some fast forwards guys. They’re together for not even a year. Well, officially not even a year.”

 

“Yeah, I don’t know,” Sehun shrugged. “Seems like they love Jongin so much that they don’t want to risk losing him in any way.”

 

“Well, he’s a charming guy, he’s indeed a good catch.”

 

“You think? He’s also lazy as hell and can sleep for days.” Moving a little to get comfortable with his bulging belly, he giggled. “He’s like a bear.”

 

“Well, let’s say he’s a charming guy when he’s awake.”

 

“Yeah, I can live with that,” Hun hummed. “Isn’t it weird that none of us ended up in some kind of relationship?”

 

“You mean with each other?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Frowning , Chanyeol made a face. “I don’t know. Did you ever think of it?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“For real?”

 

Sehun nodded. “I didn’t come up with it myself, though. One of my friends mentioned. But then I kinda thought about it. I mean, all of us are good looking guys and we have a lot in common.”

 

“W-wait-” Backing away a little, Chanyeol looked at the younger. “Did you think of it as, you know, in kind of a thing?”

 

“What? No, of course not! What the hell are you thinking?”

 

“I don’t know, you started it!”

 

“Come on, did you really never picture yourself together with one of us?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “No, really. Never. But I have to admit that I always thought that you and Jongin would make a good couple.”

 

“Sure?” Sehun raised a brow. “If so, why were you so surprised when you found out that we have slept with each other?”

 

“Well, because I thought Jongin was together with Kyungsoo and he does not seem like the type of guy that would cheat.”

 

“Why him and I, though? Why not you and him or you and I?”

 

Chanyeol gave a slight shrug. “No idea,” he said. “Maybe it’s because you and Jongin really cool, like naturally cool. And I’m just a clumsy giant.”

 

Sehun wasn’t able to hold back a snort. “Well, you are a clumsy giant,” he agreed. “But what makes you think you’re not cool?”

 

“I just know that I’m not.”

 

“That’s not ture. You’re pretty cool. I’m always jealous of how easily you can make friends. You walk into a room and five minutes later you’re fully integrated. That’s impressive and pretty cool. And let’s not forget the millions of instruments you can play.”

 

“I only can do that because I’ve been a lonely nerd in school.”

 

“Don’t lie, you had plenty of friends.”

 

Yeol shook his head. “Nope, I only had you and Jongin. Really, the others were not my friends.”

 

“Well, I guess we have that in common then,” Sehun smiled.

 

“What? Never. You’re always busy hanging out with others in school.”

 

“I was only a part of a group,” Sehun uttered. “You and Jongin were my only real friends. You were the only ones who knew the real me.”

 

“Why do I only find out now?” Pouting, Chanyeol crossed his arms over his chest. “I feel betrayed.”

 

“Oh shut up,” Sehun laughed out, playfully lashing at the older. “You should feel honored to be my friend.”

 

“Oh please. You wanted to be my friend first. I only stuck with you because you kept following me, diaper .”

 

Opening his mouth, Sehun wanted to shoot a comment back at his friend but he couldn’t. Chanyeol was right, when they first met Sehun kept following the older all the way from his parents driveway to Chanyeol’s house but he assumed that was only because Chanyeol back then had this very alluring looking red toy plane. “I was only interested in your plane,” he eventually bickered.

 

“Sure,” Yeol laughed. “That’s why you stood in front of our door every day, asking for me to come out and play.”

 

“Believe me when I say that I was only interested in the plane.”

 

“Are you still, because I still have it.”

 

“You do?” Sehun watched as Chanyeol got off the couch and walked away, gasping in surprise as his friend returned a minute later with said red toy in his hand. “Oh my god, I can’t believe it. I never knew you still have it.” He took the toy and looked at it. “I’m still sorry for this scratch.”

 

“Wait, you did it? I thought Jongin did?”

 

“Nah, I just blamed it on him.”

 

“How could you?”

 

“I was afraid that you’d ditch me.”

 

Chanyeol whined. “Oh god, I was really mean to Jongin back then because I was so angry. And he just took it.”

 

“Well, I was good at convincing him that it was actually his fault,” Sehun confessed, grinning. “I’m sorry.”

 

“How?”

 

“I dropped your plane because I fell over his plushy.”

 

Not quite believing what he had heard, Chanyeol shook his head. “You little, manipulative meanie. I’m shocked.”

 

“Well yeah, silent waters are deep.”

 

“You and a silent water? Please, don’t make me laugh.”

 

Sehun gasped. “Excuse me!”

 

“Don’t look so offended, you’re anything else but not a silent water.”

 

Huffing, Sehun crossed his arms over his chest. “You’re mean to me!”


“I’m just telling the truth,” Yeol said, laughing at how the younger puffed his cheeks. “Just admit it.”

 

“No.”

 

“Oh come on, Sehunnie. Are you sulky now?”

 

Nodding, Sehun turned away. “Yes,” he pouted. “I am.”

 

Chanyeol’s lips curled into a smirk. “Good thing I know a way to cheer you up again, huh?”

 

The expecting shrieked as he was gently tackled down and kicked out his legs as Chanyeol began to dug the tips of his fingers into his sides. “No,” he squeaked, half laughing, half gasping. “Yeol, no. Let go of m-ah ow!”

 

Chanyeol froze as Sehun flinched and tensed under him with eyes wide open in shock. “Oh god,” he breathed out. “Did I hurt you?”

 

Sehun almost immediately shook his head. “N-no.”

 

“But what happened?” Chanyeol’s eyes hastily wandered over the younger’s body, especially his swollen midsection. He frowned as Sehun brought both hands to his belly. “W-what?”

 

“I think I got kicked.”

 

“Really?”

 

Sehun gave a nod. “Yes, I thi-ah there!” Swiftly he grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and placed it on the side of his bump. “There!”

 

The frown on Chanyeol’s forehead was replaced by his eyebrows almost meeting his hairline as he felt a slight push against his palm. “Oh my god,” he beamed. ‘That’s so amazing.”

 

“It feels weird though,” Sehun said, flinching a little as the tiny human under his heart kicked out again. “Almost as if one of my organs came alive.”

 

“Well, maybe it’s not the baby but your stomach trying to tell you that it has enough of you eating this disgusting combination of pickles with whipped cream.”

 

Sehun lashed out  instantly, hitting Chanyeol in the shoulder so hard that the man almost fell backwards off the couch.

 

“Ow,” Yeol whined.

 

“Take that back!”

 

“What? It really is disgusting. Pickles with whipped cream. Do you have any idea how people look at me when I stop by at the corner store just to buy pickles and whipped cream?”

 

“Nobody forces you to go and buy it for me!”

 

“Well,” Yeol mumbled under his breath. “You kinda do.”

 

“I do not!”

 

“You threaten me!”

 

“I do not!”

 

“You said you’d cut off my in my sleep if I’d not go and buy you some!”

 

“As if I’d do that!”

 

“Who knows? You stole a cookie from a child in a stroller!”

 

“I did n-okay, well, yeah maybe I did that,” Sehun puffed his cheeks. “But that was only because the cookie looked extremely delicious and I was close to starving.”

 

“You had lunch five minutes before that.”

 

“I was close to starving!”

 

“You are always close to starving,” Yeol rolled his eyes.

 

“Well, I am right now since we have the topic. Can you get me pickles?”

 

“Magic word?”

 

“Hurry!”

 

Chanyeol frowned. “You’re freaking lazy, you know that. You’ll get fat if you keep this laziness up.”

 

“I will not!”

 

“We’ll see in a couple of months.”

 

Huffing, Sehun pushed his friends off and then sat up. “You’re such a meanie,” he grumble as he stomped off towards the kitchen to get his beloved pickles and whipped cream. “Where are you going?” He asked as he noticed Chanyeol walking towards the front door.

 

“The meanie I am, I know that we don’t have any whipped cream left, so I’ll go and get you some. I’ll be back in a few.”

 

“Alright, I take everything I've said back. I love you!”

 

“Of course you do.”




 




 

Sehun never had a problem with telling Chanyeol that he loved him. It wasn’t a lie after all. Of course he loved his best friend but somehow Sehun wasn’t sure if that love he felt towards Chanyeol was still the same friendly love as before. Somehow he had the feeling as if that love had changed into something more intimate. He tried to blame his hormones and the change his body was going through on it but he had already figured that this was not the case.

 

When Chanyeol wasn’t around he dearly missed him, couldn’t wait for him to come home and when he was finally there, Sehun wanted nothing but to be close to him all the time. He liked the way his heart started to thump in his chest whenever Chanyeol was close to him but it also drove him crazy. Crazy because he couldn’t believe that he was actually falling in love with his childhood friend after all this years.

 

And there was someone else Sehun was slowly falling for. Someone he did definitely not plan on falling for. He was falling for the baby. He tried to convince himself that he was actually not loving the unborn, that he was only interested in it because Chanyeol showed great interest in it but he knew that he was just lying to himself.

 

He loved his child, grew more fond of it with each day passing and Sehun was afraid of it. He wasn’t supposed to love it. He wasn’t supposed to have warm feelings when the baby kicked him randomly, mostly in the middle of the night or when he was taking a bath. He was just not supposed to love it.

 

“You seem a little off today. Are you okay?”

 

“W-what?” Sehun blinked his eyes, trying to figure out what Kyungsoo just had said to him. “Hm?”

 

The other snickered. “I asked if you’re okay. You seem a little off today?”

 

“Ah, no, everything’s fine.”

 

“You know you can talk to me if you want. I know, we’re not as close as you and Jongin are but if you need someone to talk to, you can count on me.”

 

“Thanks,” Sehun said, smiling. Over the months he had gotten close to Jongin’s boyfriend, so close that he and Kyungsoo started to spend regular days meeting each other at a small coffee shop close to the other’s workplace during his lunch break.

 

“So, do you want to tell me what’s lying on your heart?”

 

A deep sigh left the young expecting. “Is it so obvious?”

 

“Pretty much, yeah,” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

Sighing again, Sehun looked into distance for a while before he looked back at Kyungsoo. “I think I’m in love with Chanyeol.”

 

“And is that so bad that you have to make such a face about it?”

 

“I don’t know,” Hun whined. “I d-can I be in love with me?”

 

“Sure, why not? He seems to be a great guy.”

 

“He is but w-damn, we’re friends. Best friends. This will never work out.”

 

Kyungsoo tilted his head a little. “What makes you think that’ll not work?”  

 

“We’ve been friends for so long this is just crazy.”

 

“Let me tell you what’s crazy,” Jongin’s boyfriend said, resting his elbows on the table. “Crazy is forgiving your new boyfriend for somehow cheating on you with his best friend. A best friend he manages to knock up in this one night.”

 

“Well,” Sehun brought out. “That’s indeed crazy.”

 

“I know,” Kyungsoo said. “And yet, it worked. I have forgiven Jongin and we’re happy. Even though you and the baby are still present in our lives. We made it.”

 

As the baby was mentioned Sehun hummed. “How is he feeling about the baby?” He asked. “Does he talk of it?”

 

“Well, he had to grew fond of the idea that you’d keep the baby until it would be born but now he’s fine with it. At least that’s what he says. I don’t know for sure if it’s true.”

 

“Do you think it’s true?”

 

Kyungsoo gave a shrug. “You should ask him that yourself.”

 

“Why would he tell me something different?”

 

“Because you’re in the same situation.”

 

Sehun silently nodded.

 

“If you really want to know, just ask him,” Kyungsoo smiled. “I’m sure he’ll be honest with you.”

 

“Yeah, you’re ri-oh,” he paused as his phone went off. He reached for it and answered the call he recieved. “Hey Yeol,” he greeted. “What’s up?”

 

Kyungsoo watched the young expecting nodding to whatever Chanyeol said, frowning in confusions as Sehun loudly gasped. “Oh damn, I’m o-on my way! I’ll be right there!”

 

“What happened?”

 

“I forgot about a check-up I have today. I’m sorry, I have to go.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed out. “Well, good thing you have Chanyeol to remind you, huh?”

 

“Yeah, he’s saved my a lot in the past months,” Sehun chuckled as he got up. “Sorry for leaving so suddenly now.”

 

“Ah, no need to apologize.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Ah Sehun?”

 

“Yes?” Sehun asked as he stopped in his tracks, turning back to the able.

 

“Talk to Chanyeol as well, okay? You need his honesty even more than you need Jongin’s.”

 

“Ah, y-yeah,” flushing a little, Sehun nodded. “I w-will.”

 

He really did. He sought the conversation with Chanyeol right after they were back from his check-up.

 

“Shall we order something for dinner?”

 

“Uh, later, okay,” Sehun uttered. “Can we talk?”

 

“Uh sure,” Chanyeol said, sounding confused. “What is it?”

 

Breathing in, Sehun sat down on the couch. “Actually there are two things I’d like to talk about.”

 

“Okay, whatever it is, I’m all ears.”

 

Squeezing his eyes shut, Sehun inhaled. “I’m in love,” the blurred out.

 

“O-okay.”

 

“With you,” he added, carefully cracking one eye back open.  “Oh, I p-probably should’ve kept it,” he began to panic when Chanyeol just stared at him.

 

“W-wait.” Chanyeol was quick to grab him by the arm as he wanted to shot up from the couch. “Is it ture? You’re really in love with me?”

 

Swallowing, Sehun nodded. Much to his surprise, Chanyeol all of the sudden broke into smile. “W-why are you smiling like this?”

 

“Can I kiss you?”



“What? Why would you want to kiss me?”

 

“Maybe because I’m in love with you too, duh,” Chanyeol playfully rolled his eyes.

 

“R-really?”

 

“God, I was already wondering why you’re so quiet and distracted in the past weeks and I thought it was because of the kiss. You know the one I gave you on the neck.”

 

“Oh, I t-thought that was an accident,” Sehun brought out. “I thought you missed my cheek because I was moving my head. It freaked me out, though.”

 

“I didn’t mean to freak you out, sorry,” Yeol apologized. “I kinda lost control in that moment.”

 

“S-so, you really mean it? You’re in love with me?”

 

“For quite a while, yes.”

 

“Oh god, I have so many questions now. When? How? Why?”

 

Chanyeol laughed out. “Can’t you just take and believe it? Because I’d really like to kiss you right now.”

 

“Well yeah,” Sehun said, flushing a little. “I guess I can, for now.” His heart jumped in his chest as Chanyeol leaned in, capturing his lips. A faint whine escaped him as Chanyeol eventually pulled away, breaking the kiss. “One more.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Didn’t you want to talk with me about something else?”

 

“Oh yeah.”

 

“What is it?” Yeol asked as Sehun’s face fell. “Did something happen?”

 

Sehun let out a breath. “It’s about the baby.”

 

“The baby? Did you finally choose a family?”

 

“K-kinda.”

 

“Kinda? What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

Suddenly breaking into tears, Sehun grabbed Chanyeol by the shirt as he looked at him. “I can’t give it away,” he bawled out. “I love it. I know I shouldn’t but I do. And I don’t want to give it away.”

 

Chanyeol was fast to wrap his arms around the crying younger, pulling him close. “It’s okay,” he cooed, trying to calm Sehun down. “It’s okay.”

 

“No, it’s not,” Sehun sobbed. “I was supposed t-” “No, you’re not,” Yeol cut him off. “Sehun, it’s your baby and if you want to keep it nobody, absolutely nobody can say something against it.”

 

“W-what about Jongin?”

 

“He’ll understand.”

 

“A-are you sure?”

 

“I am,” Chanyeol nodded, slowly loosening the hug. He pulled back, holding Sehun by the shoulders. “I’m more than sure that he’ll understand.”

 

His lower lip was trembling as Sehun opened his mouth. “It’ll m-make everything so c-complicated.”

 

“We’ll find a solution, don’t worry.”

 

“B-but I can’t help it.”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “You should worry about us getting this all the stuff the little dwarf needs before it arrives.”

 

The comment was able to tickle out a smile from Sehun. “More like, who’ll pay for all this.”

 

“We’ll find a solution for this, too.”



 



 

Jongin was surprised and shocked as Sehun eventually broke the news to him but he was even more shocked over that fact that his two best friends were able to fall in love in front of his eyes without him noticing it. And much to everyone's surprise Jongin spilled that he was actually hoping for Sehun to keep the baby.

 

“I know it sounds weird but I just want to know it save?”

 

Sehun started at his friend, not knowing how to react or what to say. “How dare you to tell me now?” He eventually yelled, throwing a fist at Jongin. “I worried how you would react, that you would hate me! I couldn’t sleep for weeks!”

 

“I’m sorry,” Jongin cried as he was hit. “I really am! Forgive me!”

 

Huffing, Sehun let go and stepped back. He brought his hands down to his round belly and rubbed it as he calmed down. “Really!”

 

“Sorry,” Jongin mumbled once again.

 

“Well, I guess everything is cleared then, huh?” Chanyeol threw into the round, smiling.

 

“I think not,” Kyungsoo said, looking at Jongin.

 

“W-what is it?” Sehun carefully asked.

 

Jongin cleared his throat. “I would like you to be the baby’s father,” he said, looking at Chanyeol. “I mean, I’d be more than fine if you’d become the childs legal guardian.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head in disbelief. “What?”

 

Jongin nodded. “Yes.”

 

“W-wait, you saying this right now must mean that you’ve already guessed that Sehun would like to keep the baby.”

 

“Well, Soo did.”

 

Kyungsoo gave a soft smile as everyone looked at him. “I might have spilled some of my thoughts and things I already knew.”

 

Chanyeol looked back at his friend. “And you’re really okay with that?”

 

“I am,” Jongin smiled. “You’re already much more father to this child than I’ll ever be. Also, Soo and I have some news to tell.”

 

Sehun’s eyes grew. “What is it?”

 

“Jongin got a job offer at a very renowned dance school.”

 

“And where is this renowned dance school?” Chanyeol wanted to know.

 

“In Tokyo.”

 

“What? Why would you go to Tokyo,” Sehun whined.

 

“It’s what I’ve always dreamed of,” Jongin said, giving a smile. “Also, it’s not that far away.”

 

“No, there’s just an ocean between us!”

 

“It’s only a couple hours by plane. We still can see us a lot of times.”

 

Sehun put on a fronwy pout. “How long do you already know?”

 

“For a couple of days,” Kyungsoo answered for his boyfriend.

 

“And when will you leave?”

 

“In two months.”

 

“That’s so soon!” As Sehun stomped his feet, everyone laughed out. “Don’t laugh! I’m mad! Mad and sad!”

 

Chanyeol stepped up to the younger and wrapped an arm around him. “Calm down, you’ve got two more months to show Jongin that you’ll miss him.”

 

“Believe me, I will! You have to spend a lot of time with before I’ll let you go.”

 

Jongin chuckled. “Actually I hoped that you’d help us getting all the stuff out of Kyungsoo’s apartment. I’m sure that’ll take some time.”

 

“Yeah, but only because you can’t decide what stuff you’ll take with you and what not,” Kyungsoo sighed loudly.

 

Chanyeol tilted his head. “Wait, does it mean you’ll not take all the stuff with you?”

 

“No,” Soo said. “Jongin’s contact is limited to two years. The school provides us an apartment so we don’t have to take furniture with us. We’ll store it in my parents house for that time.”

 

“Two years? And then you’ll come back here?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“We’ll see,” Jongin answered. “Maybe, maybe not. But I guess, yeah.”

 

Chuckling, Chanyeol turned to Sehun. “Well, two years are not that m-hey, are you okay?” He frowned as at the younger’s painful expression. “Sehun?”

 

Sehun let out a shaky breath. “I’m in pain.”

 

“Pain?” Jongin gasped.

 

“Pain, where?”

 

out, Sehun held onto his bump. “H-hospital.”

 

“O-of course,” Chanyeol breathed out, almost in panic.

 

Gently grabbing Sehun by the shoulders to bring him to the car, the friends hastily hurried to the hospital, only to be sent home again after the expecting got examined. “Braxton hicks?”

 

“Yes, yes, this happens a lot in the last few weeks of a pregnancy. Braxton hicks are harbingers of the proper labor pains.”

 

“How am I supposed to know if the pain I have are braxton hicks or the proper contractions?” Sehun asked, heavily breathing in and out. “Because this really hurts right now.”

 

“You will now,” the doctor said. “Labor is much more painful.”

 

“Great,” the young expecting huffed. “I’m totally looking forward to it now.”

 

His comment had the medic chuckling. “Don’t worry, the baby has not fully turned yet. You still have some time to mentally prepare.”

 

Sehun nodded at the words and slowly slipped down the treatment couch. “Alright, thank you.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure the little man won’t arrive before next week.”

 

Chanyeol and Sehun froze, staring at each other with wide open eyes. The doctor immediately caught their surprised expressions and gasped. “Oh my, didn’t you know the gender yet? I’m very sorry.”

 

“I-it’s okay,” Yeol brought out, giving a smile. “I mean, we would’ve found out anyways.”

 

Clearing his throat, the doctor nodded. “Well, sure but still. I didn’t mean to spill the surprise.”

 

Sehun kept quiet, not only in presence of the doctor but also all the way back home. Kyungsoo and Jongin had invited them for dinner at a nearby restaurant but Chanyeol rejected them, telling them that Sehun would be tired. He didn’t know whether it was true or not but he didn’t want to ask the younger about his sudden quietness in front of their friends and waited until they finally were home.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, why?” Sehun asked, toeing off his shoes.

 

“You’ve been awfully quiet after the doctor spilled the gender.”

 

“Nah, I’m just tired,” the younger said. “I’ll go and take a shower.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Shall I prepare some dinner?”

 

“No need, I’m not hungry.”

 

Frowning a little, Chanyeol watched as Sehun waddled off towards their now shared bedroom and sighed. He could tell that something bothered the younger, he just did not know what it exactly was.

 

While Sehun took a shower, the young cook changed into some more comfortable clothes and then sat down on the couch, deciding to do some baby shopping. They still lacked a great amount of stuff for the soon arriving child and Chanyeol took every free minute he had to look out for some bargains.

 

Thanks to the savings Jongin had scraped up they were able to buy a cot and some clothes, yet they still needed to get a infant carrier and a changing table. The cutie Kyungsoo was, Jongin’s boyfriend shot them a couple of maxi packs diapers and a handful of bottles. He didn’t have to but he wanted to and they were more than thankful for it.

 

Due to the slightly strange circumstances they were in none of them could really count on their parents support. Sehun’s parents blamed their son for not getting the abortion done, Jongin’s parents called them pair of stupid children and Chanyeol’s parents only knew because his friends parents eventually told them.

 

It wasn’t exactly easy for them but Chanyeol was sure that they’d do it, even though it was a little messy and stressful. As he scrolled through an ebay page of secondhand baby carriers, Sehun came back from his shower.

 

Plopping down the couch with a faint huff, the expecting snuggled close. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Sorry?” Yeol asked, looking away from the laptop screen. “For what?”

 

“For being so quiet,” Sehun mumbled.”I don’t know but somehow the sudden knowledge of the baby’s gender hit something inside me.”

 

“Yeah? Why?”

 

“It’s a little weird but I suddenly realized that there soon will be this tiny human being in our lives. It’s so close now, I’m afraid,” a soft sigh left Sehun. “Because of me we’re in so much stress right now. I’m afraid that we won’t be able to get everything ready before the baby arrives.”

 

With his lips curling into a smile, Chanyeol put away the laptop and then turned to the younger. “Hey, don’t worry about this, okay? We’ll do it.”

 

“We lack so much,” Hun whined. “And we have no money for all this stuff. It’s so expensive.”

 

A laugh left Yeol. “Well, that’s true but really, don’t worry. We’ll do it. Look,” he paused and turned to get his laptop back. “I’m looking for carriers right now and they’re not that expensive.”

 

Sehun’s eyes fell onto one of the prices. “Are you kidding?” He raised a brow as he read the numbers. “$95?!”

 

“Well, not this one,” Yeol clicked his tongue. “Look here, this one looks nice it only costs 40 bucks.”

 

“It’s obviously for a boy.”

 

“It is but since we now know that we’re having a boy, we can look for some gender specific stuff, right? Most of the times it’s less expensive than uni stuff.” Smiling Chanyeol looked at the younger, tilting his head a little as Sehun just stared at him. “Did I say something wrong?”

 

“Can you say it again?” Sehun asked.

 

“W-what exactly?”

 

“The part with what gender the baby is.”

 

“Oh yeah, I said that we’re going to have a boy and tha-” pausing, Chanyeol watched as Sehun’s lips curled into a smile. “Oh,” he then knowingly hummed. “You want to hear me saying that we are having a boy? We? The two of us?”

 

Still smiling, Sehun nodded his head. “Yes.”

 

Bringing his hand up, Chanyeol grabbed the younger by his nape and pulled him close. “Yes babe, we are going to have a boy. A little baby boy, probably a quite active one according to how much he always kicks you.”

 

Sehun only hummed at the words as he was pulled into a loving kiss. Who would’ve guessed that this one stupid night he shared with Jongin could’ve turned out like this? With him falling in love with someone he knew for years and a little unexpected present that unlike everyone's expectation drew all them closer instead of completely apart.

 

Pulling apart Sehun smiled as he gazed up, meeting his boyfriends soft, brown eyes. “Do you think Baekhyun is a suitable name for him?”

 

“Yes, sounds perfect.”