♦ KrisSoo ft. 3 1/2 of their kids

Exo Family Stories

https://78.media.tumblr.com/7fe2cad42def82b0babe0cebe2e2d508/tumblr_myevuoOTEl1qabbt2o3_250.gif
Nikki, here you go! I hope you like it.
And guess what? *cough* baby!Yeol again *cough*

 

 

 

A laugh left Kyungsoo as he looked down on the white test in his hands and the two dark blue stripes. “Oh god.”

 

It was not that he was not happy, on the contrary. He was happy but happy in a very surprised way. When he started to feel queasy a week ago he would never have thought that a baby was the actual cause for it.

 

He didn't know why he had decided to take the test that lay abandoned in the very back of the bathroom cabinet but he was glad he did. This way he could make an appointment to get a confirmation.

 

Another laugh left him as he thought of going to see a doctor. It had been a while since he last visit the obstetrician ward of the hospital after all; 10 years to be exactly.

 

“Papa?”

 

Stuffing the test into a drawer, Kyungsoo left the bathroom that was attached to the master bedroom. “Yes?” He asked on his way out.

 

His oldest son stood the the doorway,  holding onto a tablespoon. “Sehun ate my ice-cream.”

 

A sound left Kyungsoo. “Baek, really. Aren't you old enough to sort this out with Sehun himself?”

 

“I am but is he?”

 

The parent grumbled. “Why did he even eat it? Didn’t I tell you to write your name on it?”


“I did,” the boy said. “But obviously Sehun’s too dumb to read and has to go back to first grade to leant it all over again.”

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

“What? It’s the second time this month, I am angry! I’ll get scold when I just glance at his stupid bubble teas but he gets away with everything!”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head a little. “What do you mean it’s the second time this month?”

 

“I bought myself ice-cream two weeks ago and he ate it!”

 

“Well, I did not know about this.”

 

“But Dad did and he just waved it off. I’m sick of Sehun being treated like a baby. He’s ten, though I doubt it sometimes.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed a little. “Alright listen, I’ll talk to Sehun and I’ll also talk to Dad.”

 

Baekhyun gave a nod. “But what about my ice-cream?” He then asked, pouting a little.

 

“I’ll buy new one, I have to go the grocery store anyways.”

 

“Can we have hamburger for dinner?”

 

Kyungsoo thought for a moment, then hummed. “Yeah, I guess we can do that,” he then nodded. “Shall I make some sweet potato fries as well?”

 

“Oh yes,” Baek said. “Can you get a bottle of this tasty barbecue sauce?”

 

“Don’t tell me the other one is already empty?” Kyungsoo shook his head as his son shrugged. “How is that even possible? I bought it two weeks ago.” Laughing the father pushed past his son and made his way down the hall to the staircase.

 

“Oh Papa? Could you help me with my math homework later? I don’t understand one of the problems.”
 

“Shouldn’t you ask your father? He’s the one working with numbers every day.”

 

“I know but the way he explains it confuses me,” Baekhyun said. “Please.”

 

Kyungsoo gifted his oldest a smile. “Sure I’ll do,” he said. “How was the history exam by the way?”

 

“Good I guess, it was not that hard. I’m pretty confident it’s nothing below B.”

 

“Well, that sounds good.”

 

As father and son stepped into the kitchen, they stumbled upon the, to date, youngest family member. Sehun had his nose up in the cupboard Kyungsoo usually stored all kinds of candy and sweets and grumbled a little as he could not find anything.

 

“May I help you?”

 

Flinching a little, the boy hit his head on the roof of the cabinet. “Oh, uh,” he grinned. “I was looking for nothing.”

 

Kyungsoo quirked a brow at his son. “Sehun, we don’t have any sweets and you know that.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Because you eat way too many sweets. We talked about this.”

 

The boy puffed his cheeks.

 

“And since we have the topic right now, why did you eat Baek’s ice-cream?”

 

“I didn’t know it was his.”

 

“He had his name written on it.”

 

“I didn’t see it.”

 

Baekhyun scowled. “I wrote it on every side of the container, including the lit.”

 

“Really,” Sehun said. “There was no name on it. I swear!”

 

“Where’s the container?”

 

The youngest gulped. “W-well, since it’s empty it’s in the trash of course.”

 

Crossing his arms over his chest, Kyungsoo eyed his son. “Then go and get it.”

 

“No,” Sehun squaked. “I’m not going to get it out of the trash. That’s disgusting.”

 

“Then tell me truth,” the father warned.

 

Looking away for a second, Sehun puffed his cheeks again. “Okay,” he then dramatically sighed. “Maybe Baek’s name was written on the container but I swear I didn’t see it right away. I only saw when I wanted to throw the container away. I’m sorry, okay!”

 

“Sehun, you cannot take what’s not yours,” Kyungsoo said. “We talked about this.”

 

“It was one time.”

 

“It was not! Stop lying!” Baekhyun snapped.

 

“Daddy said it was okay!” Sehun bickered back.

 

“Yes, and for that your father will have to face me as well. Sehun, it’s just not right. You’re old enough  to understand that.”

 

“That’s not fair!” Sehun grumbled, frowning. “Why does Baek even have ice-cream?”

 

“He bought it from his pocket money, which reminds me-” Kyungsoo paused, turning to Baekhyun. “How much was it?”

 

“Uh, I don’t the exact price anymore but something around $3.”

 

“Well, then let’s say $3,” the father said, turning back to Sehun. “I’ll take that from your pocket money.”

 

“What?! No! Why?! Papa, no!”

 

“Don’t dare to start crying,” Kyungsoo warned as Sehun pursed his lips into a pout and loudly inhaled through his nose. “It’s your own fault.”

 

Not saying another word Sehun left the kitchen, stomping his feet as he walked past his father and older brother. As Kyungsoo looked after the boy he closed his eyes for a second, breathing out. “Do I really have the nerves for another one?”

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked as he could not understand the mumbled words.

 

“Nothing,” Soo said. “I’ll go then,” he added. “Where is Jongin, by the way?”

 

Baek shrugged. “Last time I’ve seen him he was a blanket burrito on the couch. Really, how can he sleep so much? Is he a bear or something?”

 

Kyungsoo let out a hum. “Well, I rather have him sleeping all day than bugging me with weird puberty stuff.”

 

Baekhyun let out an offended gasp. “What? I’m not bugging you. Am I?”

 

The father laughed out as Baekhyun pouted. He reached out and his oldest over the cheek. “You’re not, I’m just kidding. You’re pretty tame so far.”

 

It was the truth, though. Apart from the fact that his sons fought over the smallest things, Kyungsoo couldn’t complain at all. Baekhyun right in puberty and Jongin just entering,  the father was glad that his children did not show any signs of weird or bad hormonal behavior. They were just like him when he was their age but he was not so sure about Sehun.

 

The youngest was only ten but Kyungsoo was sure that Sehun would not be as easy as his older brothers. He was literally a carbon copy of his father and from what his parents in law had told him, Kyungsoo knew that his beloved husband was a the epitome of a brat in his teenage years.





 




 

As Kyungsoo came back from the grocery store, the house was filled with high life. The voices of his kids and his husband were loud and as the father stepped into the living room to see what was going on a small, soft football shaped ball flew at him, hitting him right in the face.

 

Jongin immediately hid behind the couch and so did Sehun. Baekhyun on the other hand bursted into laughter, pointing at his father. “Nice one, Dad. 100 points!”

 

Rubbing his face, Kyungsoo eyed his husband. The tall man weirdly grinned at him. “Sorry, babe.”

 

“Yifan, really. How old are you?”

 

“Still young enough to play war with my sons,” came as an answer.

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh. “You started it, right?” Shaking his head he laughed out as all his sons nodded. “Well,” he hummed. “I give you five more minutes, then I’d like you to clean up.”

 

Baekhyun leaped forwards to fetch the ball right the second Kyungsoo took a step back. In no time the house was filled with weird squeaking, laughing and groaning noises again.

 

Kyungsoo took the time to unpack the groceries and started to prepare the dinner Baekhyun had requested. Once all toppings for the burges were prepared, the patties grilled and buns warmed up, he called his family to the kitchen. “I hope the living room is back to state it was in before your little game started.”

 

“It is,” Yifan nodded. As he walked past Kyungsoo he pressed kiss to the smaller’s head. “Hello, by the way.”

 

Chuckling, Kyungsoo tilted his upwards to meet his husband for a kiss. “Next time I’d prefer a kiss right away.”

 

“Yeah, sorry again,” the man apologized, pecking his loves plump lips again. “But to my defense, you popped up out of nowhere. Did I hurt you?”

 

“No, don’t worry.”

 

Grabbing the bowl with the salted sweet potato fries, Kyungsoo sat down at the kitchen table. Sehun was already munching on his burger while Jongin poured an unholy amount of ketchup onto his meat patty.

 

“I have to tell you something.”

 

All eyes were on him after the words had left him. “A-are you okay?” Baekhyun asked. “Did something happen?”

 

“Yes, something happened,” Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“Is it bad?” Jongin wanted to know. “Are you sick?”

 

Yifan leaned a little forwards to look at his husband. “Babe, come on, tell us. You worry us.”

 

Breathing in Kyungsoo looked into the round. “It’s not confirmed yet but I’m confident to say that we soon will have another family member running around this house.”

 

“Oh tha-wait, what?”

 

“Another family member?”

 

“Do we get a dog?”

 

“Sehun, are you stupid?! Papa is obviously not talking about a dog.”

 

“Obviously,” Kyungsoo nodded.

 

Blinking his eyes, Yifan leaned forwards. “We’re having a baby?”

 

“Like I said, it’s not confirmed yet but I think so, yes.”

 

“Oh my, this-” Yifan stuttered. “This explains why you’re so pale the past days. It would never have crossed my mind though.”

 

“Mine neither,” Soo chuckled.

 

“This is awesome.”

 

“It is,” Jongin agreed with a happy smile. “I always wanted to have a baby sibling.”

 

“Hey!” Sehun threw his older brother an offended glare.

 

Jongin rolled his eyes. “I mean a real baby sibling. A baby baby sibling.”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Sehun muttered, sticking out his tongue. “What’s with you Baek? You don’t look happy.”

 

Baekhyun quickly shook his head. “I am, I guess. I just- it’s weird to know that you have while I sleep next door.”

 

“Who says that we have while you’re sleeping,” Yifan countered back.

 

“Okay, cut!” Kyungsoo almost yelled. “We have a child sitting at the table!”

 

Sehun innocently tilted his head. “I know what is.”

 

“Sure you do,” Baek mocked.

 

“Are you and your glorious lifespan of fourteen years even allowed to talk?” Yifan asked his oldest son.

 

Pressing his lips into a thin line, Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“I thought so.”

 

“Enough,” Kyungsoo said again. “This was not what I was expecting as a reaction.”

 

“What did you expect?” Sehun asked.

 

“I don’t know, hugs and kisses, maybe?!”
 

Jongin and Baekhyun almost knocked their heads together as they leaped towards their father and Yifan got elbowed in the face as Sehun fastly saved himself the place in Kyungsoo’s lap, wrapping his arms around his Papa's neck.

 

It was a mess but at least the expecting got the hugs and kisses he wanted to have.





 




 

Six months into the pregnancy it was hard to deny that there was a baby on the way; in all kinds of way. The belly under Kyungsoo’s shirt was more than visible and the unpleasant side effects of a pregnancy were as present as they could be.

 

And where he thought that the cravings for sardines with mustard he had when he expected Jongin were hard to deal with, Kyungsoo had to admit that the craving for steaming hot chocolate was definitely not disgusting but hard to endure in the middle of August.

 

Yifan eyed him as he walked past his husband and took place in the with pillows padded chair. “Keep it,” Kyungsoo warned. “I can’t help it.”

 

“I’m not saying anything.”

 

“It’s literally written on your forehead.”

 

“Sorry,” the tall man apologized. “It’s just really weird.”

 

“Well, if I could I would gladly exchange this for the salted blueberries.”

 

Baekhyun, who sat at the table doing his homework, looked up. “Eww, what?”

 

“You heard right my love, salted blueberries. All your fault, by the way.”

 

“Well sorry,” the boy apologized. “But was this really better than this right now? Nothing’s wrong with a good hot chocolate.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “Yes, but not in August. We have 36°C and I already sweat by just thinking of drinking this.”

 

“Then don’t.”

 

“If it would be that easy, I would.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow. “What happens if we run out of coca or milk?”

 

Yifan made a sound. “Then we should run for our lives.”

 

“Excuse me, what?” Kyungsoo lashed out but couldn't reach his husband. “Say that again!”

 

“I'm just telling our son the truth. You almost killed me back then when you were pregnant with Baek.”

 

The boy tilted his head. “Why?”

 

“Believe it or not, at some point we ran out of salt,” Yifan said. “It was Sunday midnight and while we’re stocked up with boxes of blueberries, there was not even a single grain of salt left. Now tell me, what am I supposed to do on a Sunday midnight to get salt?”

 

“Uh, the corner store?”

 

Yifan shook his head. “They had no salt, so I bought all of their salad boxes to get the tiny bags of salt that comes with them.”

 

“So? I still don’t get it. At least you came home with salt.”

 

“Yes, but it was not enough.”

 

“Yifan, stop,” Kyungsoo whined. “You’re embarrassing me.”

 

“So what? You tortured me that night. I did everything I could and it was still not enough and you let me know it.” The man eyed his son. “Your father made me go to each and every convenience store nearby to buy those dumb salads, so he could eat his salted blueberries. It took me two hours to get enough of those tiny salt packages to satisfy him. And in the end I still had to sleep on the couch.”

 

“Wow, Papa, that’s mean.”

 

“That was not me speaking but my hormones. I apologized, though.”

 

“Yeah, a week later.”

 

“Keep doing that and you’ll sleep on the couch tonight, too.”

 

Yifan laughed out. “You forget that we have a guest room.”

 

“No, we don’t,” Baek threw in. “Not anymore.”

 

“What? What happened?”

 

“We cleaned it out so we can start renovating it for the baby.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled as his husband frowned in confusion. “W-when did you do that?”

 

“Uh, last week,” Baekhyun hummed. “It surprises me that you didn’t notice until now.”

 

“How could I? Nobody told me.”

 

The teenager raised a brow. “Dad, you literally stumbled over the bedside table of the guest bed.”

 

Yifan let out a sound. “Oh, yeah, I did,” he then mumbled. “Oh, so that’s why it stood in the hallway.”

 

Shaking his head, Baek chuckled. “I guess I now know where Jongin’s got this always confused state from.”

 

Kyungsoo snorted, almost choking on his hot chocolate as his husband let out an offended gasp. Coughing, he patted his chest and put the still steaming mug onto the table. As he leaned back into the chair the baby kicked out, startling him a little. “Ah.”

 

Yifan and Baekhyun looked at him, questioningly. “You okay?”

 

“Just got unexpectedly kicked in the ribs,” Kyungsoo answered, shifting a little to find a comfortable position.

 

Yifan reached out and gave the baby bump a rub. “This one is just as active as Jongin was,” he stated as he felt a kick against the palm of his hand.

 

“Jongin was an active baby?”

 

“Oh yeah,” Soo sighed. “He gave me a hell of a time, especially in the nights. But he made up for it once he was born. He was a very quiet baby, barely crying.”

 

Yifan nodded. “Eating and sleeping was all he did in the first three months. He was the whole opposite of you and Sehun.”

 

“So, “ Baek hummed. “The baby now being active means it’ll quiet once it’s born?”

 

“We’ll see,” the expecting said. “But hopefully, yes,” he added with a laugh.







 





 

Sehun had always been a snuggle bunny, especially when he did not feel well or comfortable and so it didn’t surprise Kyungsoo when the boy sneaked into his and Yifan’s bedroom in the middle of the night as a thunderstorm danced over the house.

 

Moving a little, Kyungsoo lifted the covers so Sehun could climb into the bed. Yifan did not react to the sudden movements in the bed and continued snoring softly. “Afraid?”

 

“It’s so loud,” Sehun said, snuggling as close as his Papa’s round eight months bump allowed it to. “And so long already.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed, rubbing his sons back. “Yeah, over an hour already.”

 

“Means, you also cannot sleep?”

 

This time, the father chuckled softly. “I could but this one obviously cannot,” he reached for Sehun’s hand and placed in on his belly.

 

The boy let out a noise at the strong kick he could feel. “Is it weird for you to have another baby?” Sehun asked, tapping onto a spot right beneath Kyungsoo’s navel.

 

“A little,” Soo truthfully answered.  “It’s not because the baby will be much younger than you and your brothers. It’s more your Dad’s and my age that makes it a little weird.”

 

“But you’re not t-” Sehun paused. “That old, I mean- there are many people who have babies in their late thirties.”

 

“That’s true but I guess those people planned it and are okay with the fact that they’re a little older. I, for myself, always said that the last baby I’d get would come before my thirtieth birthday.”

 

“But why?”

 

“I think having kids at a younger age affects the education you give them. It’s of course only my way of thinking but I think  that because my childhood and teenage days were not too long ago I was able to see things differently and could easier understand why you did things the way you did them or why you showed a certain behavior in a certain moment. Also, I think this way I’ll be still young and fit enough to take my future grandchildren on adventures.”

 

Sehun giggled at the comment. “But you’ll be still young enough for this when the baby is old enough to have its own children.”

 

“I know it’s a little hard to explain but that’s just the way I think of having kids.”

 

“Well, I guess you now have to set new priorities since your six years over the thirties border, huh?”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at his son’s choice of words. “Yes, I guess I have to do that, now. You should tell this your dad, too. He already quarrels with the fact that he now will be one of those old fathers.”

 

“Older, not old.”

 

Sehun lifted his head at the grumble that came from the other side of the bed. He had not notice that his father had stop snoring and was actually awake. “Are you spying on us?”

 

“Honey, me listening to your conversation cannot be called spying when you are lying in my bed.” Yifan rolled over and hugged Kyungsoo from behind. “Why are you even here?”

 

“Can’t sleep,” Sehun mumbled. “The thunders are too loud.”

 

“So and instead of just cuddling to fall back asleep you talk about me being an old father?”

 

“Well, I was wondering,” the boy said. “You turn forty this year, after all.”

 

This time Yifan sighed. “Ah, don’t remind me. Where has the time gone?”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “Yeah, time goes by fast when you help a little human being growing up.” He cupped the large hand that lay on the round of his belly and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Who would have thought that we have the privilege of doing it all over again?”







 





 

Jongin happened to shuffle into the kitchen just the second Kyungsoo got hit by a wave of pain. The boy’s brows almost met his hairline as he gasped in shock over the pained expression the expecting could not hide. “Oh my god, is it the baby?”

 

Breathing through the contraction, Kyungsoo nodded. “Y-yes.”

 

In his nervous, panic-struck state, Jongin started to hop around. “Do you need something? Shall I bring you something? Do you want me to call Dad?”

 

“First of all,” Kyungsoo said, pain finally over and almost forgotten. “I want you to calm down.”


“B-but you’re in pain and what’s with the baby?”

 

“The baby for sure will come today but we still have time, so relax.”

 

“O-okay,” the boy nodded, taking a deep breath. “B-but, uh, do you need something?”

 

“No, but thank you,” Soo smiled, his son over the cheek as he walked past him. Jongin followed him to the living room and sat down on the couch, watching him as he reached for his phone and dialed his husbands number.

 

Much to his distress, Yifan did not answer the call. “Oh god, not again.”

 

“Not again?” Jongin carefully asked.

 

Putting away his phone Kyungsoo also sat down on the couch, leaning back with a sigh. “Your father has the talent for not picking up his phone when I’m in labor. It happened with you and it happened with Sehun. He didn’t pick up, so I had to go to the hospital on my own.”

 

“W-wait, did you have to bring Baek and then Baek and me with you?”

 

“Of course, what else,” Kyungsoo said. “It’s not that bad once you’re there but the way there was quite a mess. Shoutout to the nice cap drivers who had to drive us back then.”

 

“But Dad didn't miss it, right? I mean, he did not miss the birth, right?”

 

“Depends on what you call missing. He’s was incredibly late both times, he stormed in when you’re halfway there and as for Sehun’s birth-” the father paused, making a face. “Well, at least he can say that he cut his cord.”

 

Jongin gave a slight nod. “I see. So what if he’s late today?”

 

“Then he’ll completely miss it. I’ll lock him out!”

 

“And who’s going to cut the cord then?”

 

“I’ll do it myself or I give the honor to a nice midwife. Or, maybe you want to do it?”

 

“M-me?” Jongin’s eyes widened as he pointed at himself.

 

“Yes, why not. You’re allowed in the delivery room and if you want to, you can do it.”

 

The boy kept quiet for a while and it was clearly to see that he had to think of if he really wanted to be present when his baby sibling was born but eventually he nodded his head. “B-but only if Daddy is not there. I don’t want him to be mad at me.”

 

Kyungsoo cooed. “Oh Jongin, you’re so cute.”

 

During the timespan of one hour Kyungsoo tried to call his husband like a thousand times, in vain. Yifan did not pick up his phone and the expecting could not even leave a voicemail to shout at the man.

 

“I don’t want to admit it but for the very first time think I should’ve allowed Baek to take his phone with him,” Kyungsoo grumbled as he ended cal one thousand and one.

 

Baekhyun had a talent for losing stuff, especially electronic devices and keys and so he was not allowed to take his phone to the basketball game he went to with his father and little brother.

 

Jongin was not a big fan of sports and stayed home most of the Sundays to spend some alone quality time with his Papa and Kyungsoo very welcomed it that at least one of his sons was not a sports freak.

 

“That’s it, I give up,” Soo sighed, putting the phone down.

 

“So, he’ll really miss it?” Jongin asked.

 

“Obviously,” the expecting nodded.

 

“Shouldn’t we wait a little longer? Maybe he checks in phone in one of the breaks.”

 

“I’d like to wait but I can’t wait anymore. We really have to go, now.”

 

The good kid Jongin was he collected all the stuff Kyungsoo asked him for while Kyungsoo himself called a cap. With small packed bag, the baby’s carrycot and very nervous Jongin, Kyungsoo left the house not noticing that he actually forgot to take his phone with him.

 

Arrived at the birthing center Kyungsoo decided to give birth at, his contractions were awfully painful and came in short intervals. He knew that he would not take much longer until the actual birth would begin.

 

“Oh, what’s one very young companion,” the midwife laughed as father and son walked into the entrance area of the center.

 

“My second oldest,” Kyungsoo smiled. “He has the honor to welcome the youngest first.”

 

“What happened to Daddy?”

 

Kyungsoo grumbled. “He and the other two are at a basketball game and he’s not picking up his damn phone.”

 

The elderly lady chuckled. “Well, he’ll have some huge surprise when he comes home.”

 

“I’m not sure if he actually deserves it,” Kyungsoo half heartedly joked. He was really pissed that Yifan would miss it, for real this time.

 

The reason why Kyungsoo had decided to give birth at a birthing center was not because he didn’t like hospitals but he so had the opportunity to either stay a night or take his baby home with him right away. And this selections of choices were much to his like since he didn’t not want to stay away from home too long.

 

Not that he didn’t trust Yifan or the boys with taking care of themselves but all of them were not exactly the best chefs and somehow had managed to set the stove on fire quite a lot of times and Kyungsoo did really not want to be called by the police and be told that his family survived a huge fire that burned down their house completely.

 

So the birthing center was the best option he had and apart from him being able to leave an hour after the delivery, the atmosphere was much more family and it comforted him.

 

“Any wishes on how you want to deliver?”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “Last time I was in a weird mixed position of kneeling and squatting but it worked perfectly, so I guess I’ll do that again,” he said as the midwife gently pressed her fingers into his belly to feel the baby.

 

Nodding, the midwife pulled away. “Would you like to try it in a pool? The warm water helps easing the pain, too.”

 

Just as the words had left her, the expecting was hit by a contraction. Harshly breathing out he shook his head. “I guess we have no time for that.”

 

Jongin was great support, comforting Kyungsoo with words and praises as if he had been in a delivery room before. But that he was not clearly showed on his face as his baby sibling was eventually born, crying out for the very first time. With eyes full of fasticantion and amazement the boy looked at the little newborn and broke into a smile as the baby squrimed, moving its little limbs.

 

“Want to tell your Papa what you got?”

 

Leaning over a little, Jongin looked at the infant. “A boy,” he chirped, gently clapping his hands together.

 

“And such a beautiful one,” the midwife added.

 

Jongin was afraid to hurt his newborn baby brother and almost started crying as the midwife handed him the umbilical scissors and showed him where to cut the cord but when he finally did it, his anxious expression made room for a proud grin.

 

He followed the midwife as she went to wash, weigh, measure and dress the baby and as Kyungsoo came from the shower he had taken Jongin sat in a comfy chair, cradling his little brother. “You did very well,” Kyungsoo smiled at his son and lovingly him over the head. “I’m very proud of you.”

 

“I am proud,” Jongin chirped. “Of you. And thankful! Thank you for giving birth to all of us!”

 

Wiping a tear out of the corner of his eye, Kyungsoo laughed out. “Thank you, honey.”

 

Jongin smiled at his Papa, then transformed the smile into a mischievous grin. “Don’t tell Dad but I’m really glad he didn’t pick up the phone.”





 



 

It was around four in the afternoon and as Kyungsoo unlocked the front door, stepping into the hall with the carrycot in his hand, he was greeted by the cheering voices of husband, sons number one and three and a man that sounded like a sports commentator.

 

He rolled his eyes as he looked at Jongin and shook his head a little. Moving towards the living room, Kyungsoo hoped that the baby would not wake up from the sudden loud noises. Stopping in the doorway, he looked at his family. Sehun held onto a huge bag of popcorn and a soda while Baekhyun munched on a hotdog, just like his father. All three of them still wore their team supporting sports gear and Kyungsoo could’ve sworn that the game they’re cheering for so loudly was the one they actually had visited earlier the day.

 

“Oh, hey Papa,” Sehun said as he spotted Kyungsoo standing in the door.

 

“Hey honey,” Kyungsoo greeted back, smiling. “Did you have fun today?”

 

“So much, “ the boy beamed.

 

“That’s nice. And you? Did you have fun, too?”

 

Yifan brought down his hotdog as Kyungsoo looked at him. “What’s with that smile?” He carefully asked. “Did I miss something?”

 

“I don’t know, you tell me.”

 

“You’re not mad at me for missing your calls, right? I’m, sorry but I left my phone in the car and when I tried to call you back you didn’t pick up so I figured that you might just wanted to tell me that you and Jongin would go out and that we probably should get something to eat on our way home.”

 

“Well, I’ll ignore that you bought Sehun popcorn and soda for a meal for now. But only because I’m exhausted.”

 

“Yes, why?” The tall man asked. “What did you today?”

 

“Oh, nothing much. I just gave birth to your son.”

 

Jongin cupped his hands over his mouth as he laughed out as the bomb was dropped, giggling into his palms. Baekhyun whipped his head around, almost choking on his snack as Yifan dropped the hotdog into his lap in shock.

 

“What?!”

 

Sehun was quick to put popcorn and soda away and jumped up. “We have another brother?”

 

Bending his knees, Kyungsoo picked up the carrycot and brought it to light. “Yeah,” he said. “A healthy little baby brother.”

 

“Aw, he’s so cute,” Sehun squeaked as he peeked into the cot, eyeing the tiny bundle.

 

Baekhyun was next to take a look, nodding his head at Sehun’s words. “He is! Look at his little chubby cheeks. Papa, can I hold him?”

 

“Stay in line son,” Yifan said, pushing past his sons. “Me first.”

 

Reaching into the carrycot, Yifan gently lifted the sleeping infant out and brought him into his arms. The boy was dressed in a small, cream colored snowsuit that had a cute light blue snowflake pattern on the chest. Pulling the hood back, the man pulled down the zipper a little. “Oh, look at you,” he smiled. “You’re so beautiful.”

 

Kyungsoo also smiled but turned his head away when his husband leaned close for a kiss. “Nope, forget it. I’m mad at you!”

 

Pressing his lips into a thin line, Yifan leaned back again. “I guess, I deserve that.”

 

The rest of the day was spent with cuddling the baby or simply looking at it, admiring. The boys quarreled when it was time to feed the infant, fighting over who was allowed to be first and in the end it was Sehun who proudly sat in the armchair, feeding his baby brother a bottle.

 

Smiling Kyungsoo watched the scene before he eventually turned away to head to the kitchen. Shrieking in shock as someone grabbed him by his arm as he stepped into the room, he dropped the bottle cap he was holding in his hand. “Yifan,” he huffed. “How dare y-” he was cut off as Yifan cupped his face with both hands, pulling him into a kiss.

 

“I know,” the man chuckled as he pulled away. “I don’t deserve this kiss and I have no idea how I’ll ever make up for not being there with you but-” he leaned close again, kissing Kyungsoo again. “Thank you, babe. Thank you so much. He’s so breathtakingly beautiful, thank you.”

 

“You’re right,” Soo said. “You didn’t deserve this kiss.” Looking at his husband he then smiled, stepping a little closer. “But you’re very welcome.”

 

Hugging the smaller, Yifan pressed his lips against his temple. “I can’t believe our little accident is already here.”

 

“Don’t call him an accident,” Kyungsoo snorted. “That’s mean.”

 

Pulling back, Yifan looked at his love. “Care to tell me his name, then? I am dying of impatience. I really want to know it.”

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth but didn’t come far. Baekhyun’s loud voice interrupted him even before he had the chance to say something. “Papa! The baby puked all over Sehun.”

 

“Yeah and it smells a little weird,” Jongin added.

 

“Papa,” Sehun’s cry came next. “Help!”

 

Laughing the parents let go of each other and went to check up on the kids. Sehun sat in the armchair with milk running down his shoulder and chest.

 

“I didn’t do anything,” the boy cried. “It just happened.”

 

“”It’s normal,” Kyungsoo laughed. “Don’t worry.” Taking the baby away from the boy he noticed that the infants romper was stained as well. He gave the baby to Yifan, smiling at him. “Can you go and change him?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Turning back to Sehun, the father eyed the mess. “Go and change. And take a shower.”

 

Nodding Sehun rose up from the chair, causing some of the spat out milk to drip onto the cushion. “Oh, sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, it won’t be the last time.” Grabbing the baby’s burp cloth, Kyungsoo wiped the cushion clean.

 

“Papa, I’m a little hungry,” Jongin announced quietly.

 

“Me too,” Baek added.

 

Humming, Kyungsoo turned to his boys. “Go and order something. But don’t fight and overdo it, okay? And order something all of us like.”

 

“Okay,” the brother’s chirped, hopping off towards the kitchen.

 

Kyungsoo took the time they were gone to properly clean the armchair and then went upstairs to check up on his husband. He already had figured that Yifan would take the chance to spend some time alone with their newborn and so it didn’t surprise him to find the man in their bedroom with the baby laying on his chest.

 

Smiling he closed the door and moved over to the bed, sitting down next to the taller. He leaned against the man’s side, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth. “It’s Chanyeol, by the way.”

 

Eyes widening Yifan turned his head. “W-what?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “I’ve seen it written in your planner.”

 

“You go through my planner?” Yifan faked a gasp.

 

“All the time,” Kyungsoo played along. “But for real, I only happen to see it because this weird fusions of our sons name literally sprung at me.”

 

“So, that means I kinda knew our sons name all along without knowing it,” the older said. “Sneaky.”

 

Kyungsoo grinned. “I thought I surprise you.”

 

“It is a surprise,” Yifan said. “What’s the name you had in mind.”

 

“Chansung.”

 

“Chansung? Really? Chan?”

 

Kyungsoo hummed while nodding his head. “Yes. But I like Chanyeol better. I was surprised to find it in between all this Jongbaek and Sehyun mess.”

 

“Yeah, I was just playing around a little.”

 

“But you only wrote down male names.”

 

“Believe it or not after three kids I know what is what on a ultrasound image.”

 

Kyungsoo snorted at his husbands offended expression. “Yeah, I guess,” he snickered. “And this one print clearly showed if off.”

 

“Clearly,” Yifan laughed along. “We could’ve told the boys.”

 

“No,” Soo smiled. “I liked how they speculated. It was also nice to see what they have wished for. Baek wanted to have a little sister. He had talked about taking her on shopping trips and having tea parties with her. Sehun on the other hand wanted a brother but I guess that’s because he’s in this girls are stupid phase.”

 

“And Jongin?”

 

“You know your son, he loves everything that small and cuddly. He was there, you know. He even cut the cord.”

 

“He did,” Yifan asked, brows raising in surprise. “Wow.”

 

“He did a good job.”

 

“It saddens me a little, I’d like to have been there.”

 

Kyungsoo scowled. “You could’ve been there.”

 

“Yeah, sorry for leaving my phone in the car but how could I’ve guessed? You didn’t complain of any unusual pain or even braxton hicks. Also, he was supposed to come in two weeks, not today.”

 

“Are you kidding me? None of your sons came on the calculated day or close to it. You would've guessed. Also, normally good husbands and fathers to be have their phone on arlet when they have a heavily pregnant at home.”

 

“Does it mean I’m a bad husband?”

 

“The worst.”

 

“I promise improvement next time.”

 

“You wish,” Kyungsoo laughed out. “There won’t be a next time.”

 

“Never say never,” Yifan grinned, earning himself a punch in the shoulder.