Chapter 9

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2 Weeks Later]

"Say Kimchiiiii." Sunggyu chimed for what seemed like the hundredth time that morning as he took another photo of Sunrin in her school uniform. The day had finally arrived for Sunrin's first day at Kindergarten. 

Now 5 years old, she no longer would be attending Honey Bee's Day Care and Sunggyu was taking full advantage of taking memorable photographs of Sunrin in her first ever Kindergarten uniform. 

"Sunggyu. I think you've taken enough." Myungsoo mumbled as he posed with Sunrin in his arms as she stared at Sunggyu, almost looking bored of the attention. After the first fourteen photos, the novelty had worn off for her. She wasn't even attempting to smile anymore.

Sunggyu sighed and put the camera down on the table situated by his side before folding his arms.

"You guys know why I'm doing this, right?"

"Of course we do. It's just if you take anymore, Sunrin will be late for her first day." Woohyun said, patting Sunggyu on the shoulder. 

They all understood Sunggyu's motives. All of the pack members had a different past but they all had one thing in common. Their complicated realtionships with their parents. None of them had ever had the experience of being fussed over or memorable photos of any stages of their lives being taken.

"Just one more. Of all of us together." Sunggyu smiled, hope filling his eyes. Thinking about it none of them seemed to recall ever taking a photo of all of them together.

"Okay, I'm up for it." Dongwoo chimed with a smile on his face, picking the camera up from the table near Sunggyu.

"Me too." Sungjong spoke up as Hoya got to his feet and made his way over to the group.
 
Sungyeol watched over Dongwoo's shoulder as he zoomed the camera out before turning the lens to all of them.

"Say Kimchiiiiiii." Sunggyu cried.

"Kimchiiiiii."


Once having dropped Sunrin off at Kindergarten, the seven werewolves returned home. The house was quiet. It sent shivers down Myungsoo's spine. Sunrin's absence was too obvious.

"This is ridiculous. She attended day care before Kindergarten, why does the house seem so quiet without her?" Sungjong laughed, probably trying to lighten up the mood.

"I guess the reality just hit me. Five years passed by so fast. Today it's her first day in Kindergarten. Next thing I know we'll be attending her graduation." Woohyun sighed, taking his jacket off and placing it on the arm of the couch.

Looking around the room, Myungsoo bit his bottom lip. He didn't know what to do with himself. He didn't have anything to do until 3pm when he would go to pick Sunrin up from Kindergarten. It seemed Sunggyu was feeling the same way as Myungsoo watched him busy himself by clearing away some of Sunrin's toys she had left out in the living room this morning.

"That's a bit exaggerated. We have a few more years before she graduates from High School." Hoya said, flopping down on the couch, causing Woohyun's jacket to fall to the floor.

Woohyun frowned, picking it up.

"I'm so not looking forward to the teenage years." Sungyeol sighed, looking to Myungsoo pointedly.

"Think of all the boys we'll have to chase away."

Myungsoo bristled at the thought of boys showing up at their front door asking after Sunrin. It was something Myungsoo had never really thought about but this new mile stone made the pending situation that much daunting.

"I think it's safe to say we're all in agreement that there will be no dating until at least seventeen." Dongwoo grinned as the pack members nodded in agreement, all except Myungsoo.

"Maybe not even then." He mumbled before turning out of the living room and making his way to his bedroom.


The day dragged by at an irritatingly slow pace for Myungsoo. Hoya, Sungjong and Sungyeol had gone for a run while Dongwoo flicked through the channels of the television lazily. Myungsoo sat on the one seater, his attention focused on the clock on the wall. Sunggyu was pottering around the kitchen and Woohyun was in the shower, singing away to himself.

It was then that he heard the familiar sound of Sunggyu's cell phone ring out loud. Sunggyu walked into t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter